PDA

View Full Version : Garcia's chances of winning 6th Man award

Remmni
07-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I see Garcia in the hunt for 6th man award. His defense is solid and his shot is Reggie Miller Esk. Anyone esle feel this way? He should be our first option off the bench this year and you got to love the kids passion

DerekRE_3
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
If Ginobli continues to "come off the bench," I'd say almost impossible.

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, with Salmons also coming off the bench it's highly unlikely. However, if Artest is traded it is a possibility. Not a huge one, but still a possibility. He provides scoring, energy, leadership, and solid defense. Although, there are many other likely candidates such as the reigning Sixth Man Manu Ginobli, Leandro Barbosa, Travis Outlaw, and others. It's certainly a possibility though.

Remmni
07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
San Atonio is going to have to start him to stay in the hunt this year. With there age and guys like Berry leaving Big shot Rob these guys are to old to keep there best player on the bench. When they where at there best yea they could get away with it but I think we saw last year that pop is going to have to start him

DerekRE_3
07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
I think the Freak (Travis Outlaw, 51 inch vert :speechless:) is going to start this year. The Blazers love him and just locked him up.

Beno7500
07-09-2008, 01:53 PM
If Stern keeps giving it to Ginobli then no way. But Cisco should be considered

Remmni
07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I just think this is Cisco's year to blow up. He improves every year and from what I saw from him last year(being more assertive) He will be busting at the seams. Plus his nack for hitting big shots if only he can stay away from the charging penalties they kill our momentum sometimes

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Still Garcia won't have too much of a chance. He's solid and everything, but as I stated above there's other more likely candidates. It also depends on who is coming off the bench (ala Ginobli) or who starts. This really depends on when Artest leaves, so Salmons would start and Garcia would get more playing time. It also depends on Douby, if he starts to play well Garcia's minutes might see a drop as well.

Beno7500
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
RocketsRule, Stop. Your being a Joy Kill

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
RocketsRule, Stop. Your being a Joy Kill

I'm not trying to be one, I'm just trying to be realistic. :(

Kings Faithful
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I honestly don't care if Garcia wins 6th man or not. I just want him to come out and explode. I want to see him get us back into games with his 3's and gets some W's with some buzzer beaters. This is his year to shine, and he'll will get more time on the court to do so. He is one of my favorite players and i think he deserves more last second shots.

Agent008
07-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I think that Garcia will play well enough to get consideration, but the Kings won't have a good enough record for him to win it.

CaptainCool79
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
I think he can do it. Cisco is awesome. The kings will have to be a good team for him to have a shot though

wvphil
07-15-2008, 01:29 AM
I just like watching him play. The guy has heart!