PDA

View Full Version : Horrible!

dusto_magnifico
07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
"The Dodgers continue to confuse everyone. “Some want to buy, some sell,” I’m told. One faction of the front office wants to deal for a SS,(Colletti?) focused on Jack Wilson or David Eckstein, while another (which appears to hold sway with the McCourts for now(Ng/ White?)) want to see if Nomar Garciaparra can hold the position down. Teams simply don’t want to deal with the Dodgers because of the confusion. One FO told me that the Dodgers have made deals only to have ownership pull out at least twice."

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=935

Supposedly McCourt is nixing trades left and right and limiting Ned to do his job. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm going to guess that Frank blocked the trade with the Indians for CC, dealing Matt Kemp, and then blocked a trade with Pittsburgh, also dealing Matt Kemp. GO FRANK!

swells2048
07-09-2008, 01:36 PM
This is good news IMO. If Ng/White have Frank's confidence then Ned has less of a chance to knee jerk. There is no reason IMO for us not to be able to get these players that are on the market and still keep our best talent. We have one of the best farm systems. It is always shocking that Kemp, Loney, Kershaw, Brox, Bills, are the ones asked for and then the deal goes down with another club for a lot less in talent.

swells2048
07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
BTW, you've been missed. Welcome back

Shawh
07-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Hm, interesting. Perhaps this is even more confirmation that NedCo is out the door at season's end.

dusto_magnifico
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Hm, interesting. Perhaps this is even more confirmation that NedCo is out the door at season's end.

Oh God! I hope so!!!

grizz8884
07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow! Can anybody say Coup d'état? Last year it was the locker room, this year it is the front office. I say we should just sever ties with Colletti now, as nothing productive will/can be done at this point...

GHGHCP
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
The Jack Wilson trade did not involve anyone on the roster, some think a package of Hu + McDonald was what the Pirates outright asked for... I'm wondering if they are high or think Ned is an idiot. I'm honestly thinking the latter if it had to be blocked by McCourt/White.

swells2048
07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow! Can anybody say Coup d'état? Last year it was the locker room, this year it is the front office. I say we should just sever ties with Colletti now, as nothing productive will/can be done at this point...

No. I tried and it came out coop de tat

BlueMouse
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
What's gross?

Jack Wilson

What's grosser than gross?

David Eckstein

Whoever is talking about trading for one of these guys should be put down right now.

don'tfireNedCo
07-09-2008, 02:16 PM
join the fight against the evil one!!!

FIRE NED NOW!!!

and welcome back dusto!

c2thab
07-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Ned in my opinion pretty much has one foot out the door at this point. If the owner is nixing trades that the GM is trying to complete something is wrong here. McCourts confidence has to be fading with Ned. Sounds like McCourt either A. knows how talented these guys are or B. Has White/Ng telling him not to make these trades. Time will only tell I guess.

bestlakersfan
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
What's gross?

Jack Wilson

What's grosser than gross?

David Eckstein

Whoever is talking about trading for one of these guys should be put down right now.

Ditto. It's nice to see that others think Eckstein and Wilson are crap.

Also, it's nice to see that Frank and others in the FO are doing the right thing by not allowing useless trades to be done. There should always be a small group who makes the decision because different people bring different ideas to the table, just like our Forum here on PSD. Hopefully Ned can straighten his act and get in line, but if not an FO of White/Ng would be great. Ohh and we should also try and get Terry Collins back, now that he left Japan and came back.

dodgerphreak
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I say Frank gives Ned the boot at the All-Star break, promote White to interim GM for the trade deadline and the rest of the season, and them make it permanent at the end of the season.

USCTROJANS21
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I do NOT want Jack Wilson...this back surgery will fix Furcal and we'll resign him...

McCourt sounds like is just sick of Colletti. Colletti makes me sick everytime they show him on TV. I can't wait for him to get the ax!

southerndodgerf
07-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I am actually all for selling at this point. I know that we can probably win the division with what we have but I do not like our chances in the postseason. I know that we could get some great stuff for the likes of Lowe/Kent et al.

dodgers07champs
07-09-2008, 04:56 PM
The Dodgers could've gotten CC Sabathia, Casey Blake, and Jamey Carroll without giving up Matt Kemp. Owner Frank McCourt may have killed the deal, though he denies it. Rosenthal describes the Dodgers as a "near-impossible trading partner."

southerndodgerf
07-09-2008, 05:01 PM
There is NO Telling what we would have had to give up besides Kemp. I think it is time the Dodgers took a new approach. I am not saying make it an all youth team from here on out. However, I am starting to believe that our motto should be "We use FA to fill the holes that our farm makes" not "We use the farm to fill the holes that FA makes".

swells2048
07-09-2008, 05:01 PM
The Dodgers could've gotten CC Sabathia, Casey Blake, and Jamey Carroll without giving up Matt Kemp. Owner Frank McCourt may have killed the deal, though he denies it. Rosenthal describes the Dodgers as a "near-impossible trading partner."

Rosenthal isn't credible IMO, he basically gets paid to do what we do. However, I wouldn't doubt that we are difficult. Ned doesn't know what he is doing and White/Ng are trying to protect the organization.

I've not heard anything regarding that deal being even close. So not Kemp, but Kershaw and Loney. We will probably never know how close we really were on landing anybody.

swells2048
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
There is NO Telling what we would have had to give up besides Kemp. I think it is time the Dodgers took a new approach. I am not saying make it an all youth team from here on out. However, I am starting to believe that our motto should be "We use FA to fill the holes that our farm makes" not "We use the farm to fill the holes that FA makes".

I agree

bestlakersfan
07-09-2008, 05:20 PM
^^

Me too. If we are going the youth route, let's get some more young guns for people like Kent and Lowe. Although I think we can win and get in the playoffs this year, I don't believe that this team is 100% capable of winning the WS. Why not get some hot pieces for next year? Let's do it.

LA BUMS
07-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Im all for trading Lowe to the BoSox or Yanks for some of thier pitching prospects.

gagnefan38
07-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Im all for trading Lowe to the BoSox or Yanks for some of thier pitching prospects.

So am I but it's finding the Yanks and BoSox pitching prospects that will be the difficult job.

NomarsOnlyHR
07-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Ditto. It's nice to see that others think Eckstein and Wilson are crap.

Also, it's nice to see that Frank and others in the FO are doing the right thing by not allowing useless trades to be done. There should always be a small group who makes the decision because different people bring different ideas to the table, just like our Forum here on PSD. Hopefully Ned can straighten his act and get in line, but if not an FO of White/Ng would be great. Ohh and we should also try and get Terry Collins back, now that he left Japan and came back.

The might be crap, but to suggest that Nomar isn't crap also is silly.

vader
07-09-2008, 05:31 PM
do you guys actually think other teams want kent? the answer is no, for the same reason why we'd be getting rid of him. we just need to face it: kent is retiring a dodger. we just need to hope he puts up decent numbers for the rest of the season and he'll definitely get replaced next year either via FA or within our own.

LA BUMS
07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
So am I but it's finding the Yanks and BoSox pitching prospects that will be the difficult job.

NYY- Hughes or Kenedy + 2 PTBN seems close to what CLE got for CC
BOS- Buchholz or Masterson + 2 PTBN

I think I would be satisfied with either one of those deals.

c2thab
07-09-2008, 05:53 PM
The Indians wanted LaRoche, Corey Wade, McDonald & Carlos Santana in the potential deal

dodgerdave
07-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Would you trade Kemp for Ian Kennedy and/or Phil Hughes?

LAdiablo
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM

look at what cc and harden brought. lowe has got to be worth as much if not more. lets get something for him already.
and the thought of ned leaving at the all star break and being replaced by white/ng has me absolutely giddy

dusto_magnifico
07-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Would you trade Kemp for Ian Kennedy and/or Phil Hughes?

Nope!

tide4life
07-09-2008, 06:25 PM
look at what cc and harden brought. lowe has got to be worth as much if not more. lets get something for him already.
and the thought of ned leaving at the all star break and being replaced by white/ng has me absolutely giddy

I just can't see Lowe bringing close to what Harden or Sabathia brought. If we could get two or three top prospects, then I'd trade him sooner rather than later.

Tymathee
07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I think Penny and or Lowe can at least bring us something. Maybe the guy isn't ready next year but we can trade for some AA player that we like.

I really th ink that colletti is gone, he's gone the Sabean gene, he is a horrible scout of talent. Look at the Giants, why hasn't brian sabean been fired there yet? There's a reason colletti was assistant gm for over 10 years, he's got a bad eye...man I could do his job half asleep better than he's doing it now, all it takes is baseball knowledge which he clearly has none...

BTW anyone know how u get into that business i'd love to be dodgers GM one day lol

GHGHCP
07-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I think Penny and or Lowe can at least bring us something. Maybe the guy isn't ready next year but we can trade for some AA player that we like.

I really th ink that colletti is gone, he's gone the Sabean gene, he is a horrible scout of talent. Look at the Giants, why hasn't brian sabean been fired there yet? There's a reason colletti was assistant gm for over 10 years, he's got a bad eye...man I could do his job half asleep better than he's doing it now, all it takes is baseball knowledge which he clearly has none...

BTW anyone know how u get into that business i'd love to be dodgers GM one day lol

If you want to follow the Ned Colletti way you need to be dropped on your head 4 times as a baby, try to look as much like the dead guy at "Weekend at Bernies", try to be a "nice guy" and of course **** up everything you touch. Follow these steps and one day you too can be a GM of one of the most storied franchises in baseball. :D

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/berniewwek.jpg

dodgerphreak
07-09-2008, 07:11 PM
I just can't see Lowe bringing close to what Harden or Sabathia brought. If we could get two or three top prospects, then I'd trade him sooner rather than later.

The thing is, Lowe has never been on the DL. NEVER. He is one of the most reliable pitchers in baseball, and whether or not we should deal him comes down to whether we are trying to win this year or next. I say scrap this year and get what we can for Lowe and Kent.

Tymathee
07-09-2008, 07:42 PM
If you want to follow the Ned Colletti way you need to be dropped on your head 4 times as a baby, try to look as much like the dead guy at "Weekend at Bernies", try to be a "nice guy" and of course **** up everything you touch. Follow these steps and one day you too can be a GM of one of the most storied franchises in baseball. :D

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/berniewwek.jpg

lmao thanks i guess. i was really being serious though i love baseball and have the mind for it and some of the stuff these gusy do i know i can do a better job of.