PDA

View Full Version : Simplified Brett Favre Thread

Person
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Granted, this may all change as new information becomes available, but as things stand now, if you remove all the emotional baggage and knee-jerk reaction that a situation like this brings, the situation really is very simple. Just consider this hypothetical conversation:

I want to come back.
Theres no room on the team.
Then can I play for someone else?
No.
Why not?
We have you under contract.
Then can I play for the Packers?
No.
Why not?

Or:

I want to come back.
Then can I play for someone else?
Maybe, but we get to choose who.
Why?
Because we have you under contract.
Then can I play for the Packers?
No.
Why not?
Because theres no room on the team.

Or how about this:

If you dont want me, why do you care where I play?
Because youre a great quarterback and were worried you could hurt us.
Then why dont you want me to play for the Packers?
Because theres no room on the team.

Or:

I want to come back.
But you retired.
I changed my mind.
You cant do that.
Why not?
Its against the rules.
What rules?
The rules.

One thing we should keep in mind is that Brett has the Packers under contract too. If the Packers dont want to honor the contract, its their responsibility to void the contract.

socalpkrbkr
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Are you bored?

Person
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Not bored. Just very interested in the situation- just like you are.

newdude
07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
That may be the reality of the whole situation, but reading all that, it was pretty funny. I applaud u for thinking that up.

beast
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Not bored. Just very interested in the situation- just like you are.

Or try this one.

BF: I'm retired
SF: I think it's 50-50 Brett plays, but really I have no clue and said that myself
BF: I got an itch
AH: He's got an itch
Media: BF is coming back
BF:It's not true, the media doesn't kwon what their talking about

o, wait that is basic what's happening. SO is Brett telling the truth, he's not coming back? Or is the media telling the truth?

Rtardz
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
:crazy: this is driving all of us delirious or however you spell it.

SoCalPacker2
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM
lol, i like this Favre thread the best. Its a lot less light hearted in a time when everyone's getting all heated over rumors. Lets reserve judgement on Favre, TT, MM, etc until real facts come out or something real happens. In the meantime, lets keep it up with more light hearted posts like this and the best Packer memory thread.

You know what i miss? The Packer vs 9er rivalry in the 90's. Every game was awesome and came down to the wire. I loved beating the 9ers cuz all my friends were 9er fans and i would give em **** about it for months. However, to this day, I refuse to acknowledge the 98 wildcard game as a real game due to the refs making the WRONG CALL that directly led to the outcome of the game. IMO the worst call in nfl history. Anyways, imagine the rivalry coming back in the 2010's with ARod vs Smith. I can imagine both guys playing lights out trying to prove who should have been drafted #1 that year.

RcrkllrH2
07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
person, you ever watched the old abc show sports night?

the convos you wrote were very sports night like

twelvePack
07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
This Favre story came out because there is something behind it. That's the bottom line. Favre hasn't publicly spoken yet because he is waiting for TT. I think that is about to change though.

beast
07-09-2008, 09:44 PM
This Favre story came out because there is something behind it. That's the bottom line. Favre hasn't publicly spoken yet because he is waiting for TT. I think that is about to change though.

That's not the bottom line. Just because the media reports something doesn't mean it's right. The question is there anything behind it? So far there is nothing to prove there is anything true to the story. Nothing. So it's Favre word, against, the Media word.

Ryan Diesel
07-09-2008, 09:57 PM
lol, i like this Favre thread the best. Its a lot less light hearted in a time when everyone's getting all heated over rumors. Lets reserve judgement on Favre, TT, MM, etc until real facts come out or something real happens. In the meantime, lets keep it up with more light hearted posts like this and the best Packer memory thread.

You know what i miss? The Packer vs 9er rivalry in the 90's. Every game was awesome and came down to the wire. I loved beating the 9ers cuz all my friends were 9er fans and i would give em **** about it for months. However, to this day, I refuse to acknowledge the 98 wildcard game as a real game due to the refs making the WRONG CALL that directly led to the outcome of the game. IMO the worst call in nfl history. Anyways, imagine the rivalry coming back in the 2010's with ARod vs Smith. I can imagine both guys playing lights out trying to prove who should have been drafted #1 that year.

Absolutely worst call in NFL history. Rice fumbled the ball right in front of the officials. Butler picked it up, end of story, game over. Packer's go to play for 3rd straight SB. Worst call ever. Holmgren left us. I think they brought instant replay back the next year.

darwin31
07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
That's not the bottom line. Just because the media reports something doesn't mean it's right. The question is there anything behind it? So far there is nothing to prove there is anything true to the story. Nothing. So it's Favre word, against, the Media word.

Not to dive to deep into this one but the question should be if there is nothing behind the speculation, why hasnt it gone away? If there really isnt anything there, why wouldnt everyone involved deny it (even if they were on vacation), just a simple no, end of story.

The silence is fueling this beast. In politics, I believe it was the Dukakis rule that said "after 24 hrs of silence, speculation becomes truth".

BTW, i hope this thread doesnt get all "Lord of the Flies" also.

darwin31
07-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Absolutely worst call in NFL history. Rice fumbled the ball right in front of the officials. Butler picked it up, end of story, game over. Packer's go to play for 3rd straight SB. Worst call ever. Holmgren left us. I think they brought instant replay back the next year.

Diesel, just an FYI, Rice never fumbled the ball.............EVER!

PackAttack09
07-09-2008, 11:32 PM
ok im sorry i started the brett favre rumor.....

its not true he isn't coming back nor does he want to, the media asked me to start a rumor because it was the slowest week in america and what better than to start a rumor about the guy who can't ever make up his mind about retiring or not...

the scary thing is that this is a good possibility or what actually happened...
the media could barely get over the fact that he retired in the first place, fast forward a couple months to the slowest week in the football year and all of a sudden a huge developement in the favre retiring topic pops up? hmmm

Soop
07-09-2008, 11:41 PM
darwin, just FYI

You should use an a before all words that begin with consonants.

a cat
a pineapple
a brown dog
a popsicle
a broken crayon

Use an before all words that begin with vowels.

an apple
an artichoke
an orangutan
an iceberg
an elliptical orbit

:p

twelvePack
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM

He fumbled it in that game. Too bad there wasn't instant replay, because he coughed it up.

darwin31
07-10-2008, 02:27 AM
darwin, just FYI

You should use an “a” before all words that begin with consonants.

a cat
a pineapple
a brown dog
a popsicle
a broken crayon

Use “an” before all words that begin with vowels.

an apple
an artichoke
an orangutan
an iceberg
an elliptical orbit

Hey thanks sooper, I didnt realize that.

I will remember that when Webster makes FYI an actual word.:D

Ryan Diesel
07-10-2008, 04:53 AM

Oh he coughed that sonbych up that day. Worst call EVER

Ryan Diesel
07-10-2008, 04:55 AM
darwin, just FYI

You should use an a before all words that begin with consonants.

a cat
a pineapple
a brown dog
a popsicle
a broken crayon

Use an before all words that begin with vowels.

an apple
an artichoke
an orangutan
an iceberg
an elliptical orbit

Yeah but what about half an hour. Nobody says I'll meet you in a half a hour. It's half an hour.

Soop
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah but what about half an hour. Nobody says I'll meet you in a half a hour. It's half an hour.

There are, of course, a few exceptions to this rule. In American English, for words beginning with an h, use a if you pronounce the h and an if you dont.

a hotel
an herbal bouquet
a honeybee
an honest reply

For words that begin with u, when the u sounds like the y in you, you should use a instead of an.

a unicorn
an umbrella

For words that begin with o, when the o sounds like the w in won, you should use a instead of an.

a one-hit wonder
an overbearing boss

Soop
07-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey thanks sooper, I didnt realize that.

I will remember that when Webster makes FYI an actual word.:D

Webster has one entry found

FYI- For your information.

you should check out wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FYI :D

newdude
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Webster has one entry found

FYI- For your information.

you should check out wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FYI :D

When did this forum become an Eng. grammar forum? Lol :D

BTW Sooper, ur avatar is weird dude and freaky as hell, hehehe:o

SDteacher
07-10-2008, 04:20 PM
There are, of course, a few exceptions to this rule. In American English, for words beginning with an h, use a if you pronounce the h and an if you dont.

a hotel
an herbal bouquet
a honeybee
an honest reply

For words that begin with u, when the u sounds like the y in you, you should use a instead of an.

a unicorn
an umbrella

For words that begin with o, when the o sounds like the w in won, you should use a instead of an.

a one-hit wonder
an overbearing boss

I love it Sooper. Keep up the good work, thanks for making a teacher laugh; ice command of the English language! Ohh and it became a forum based on grammar once you guys didn't laugh after his first post, he's just messing around.

Soop
07-10-2008, 04:53 PM
When did this forum become an Eng. grammar forum? Lol :D

BTW Sooper, ur avatar is weird dude and freaky as hell, hehehe:o
Do you want a balloon? :D

I love it Sooper. Keep up the good work, thanks for making a teacher laugh; ice command of the English language! Ohh and it became a forum based on grammar once you guys didn't laugh after his first post, he's just messing around.

Thanks for paying attention. :hi5:

beast
07-10-2008, 06:24 PM
why wouldnt everyone involved deny it (even if they were on vacation)

Brett Favre and CEO Mark Murphy have. TT could believe it's not his place to say anything, and isn't working right not because he's on vacation.