PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Announce Delvin to take over for Swirsky

BlueLeafs
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=242926&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main

The Toronto Raptors have announced that Matt Devlin will take over from Chuck Swirsky as the new voice of the franchise.

BlueLeafs
07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
This guy won't be the same as Chuck but at least they went out and got a guy with experience.

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Expirence is nothing....I sugested Cabbie on the street......I've listened to alot of differnt tv analists and there's alot that are terrible....and they have years of expirence.

mpickup
07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I was beginning to get a little tired of Chuck's repetition of sayings....
He was amazing, but his act was getting tired here in T-dot.

Salami & Cheese.....are you kidding me....Onions baby Onions.....nba facial....sick, wicked and nasty....etc....you could start to guess what he was going to say, and when he would say it
I'm ready for something new, I watch pretty much every game and look forward to a new voice and style....very excited.

robert_goulet
07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
heres a link to a game he did. nothing special in my opinion but i dont care the raps should be good next year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fkFPXBQtcfs

Kontent
07-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I think he'll be fine.

Halladay
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
As long as we dont get the Celtics guys, I'm happy.

Mile High Champ
07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
This is old news, already a thread for this topic but thanks anyways.

Halladay
07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
This is old news, already a thread for this topic but thanks anyways.

You act like your a mod or something dude...

Mile High Champ
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
You act like your a mod or something dude...

just saying there is no need to post old news. Thats all. It has been brought up numerous times. Thats all im saying.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 06:35 PM
If he's anything like Chuck then I can't wait to hear him as our announcer.

Mile High Champ
07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
the more and more i hear his voice, seems more suited for baseball than basketball.

brebre82
07-09-2008, 10:43 PM
He sounds kinda monotonous, boring, and seems to be quite the homer.

Dragan
07-09-2008, 11:45 PM
tehre is a raptors video on tsn.ca about todays press conference's and Delvin breaks them down. he sounds liek any other sports caster. noting special

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip65626

go to the vide calld "NBA : A Day of Changes"

Numbers
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM
He has family in Southern Ontario
His wife is from Burlington

Should be a good addition - will allow more space during the broadcast for the analysts to provide relevant commentary on the game. May not be as entertaining as Chuck but I think viewers will learn more from Jack Armstrong and Leo.

Bob_at_york
07-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Salami & Cheese.....are you kidding me....Onions baby Onions.....nba facial....sick, wicked and nasty....etc....you could start to guess what he was going to say, and when he would say it
I'm ready for something new, I watch pretty much every game and look forward to a new voice and style....very excited.
I hear you but in the end, I didn't see Chuck's excitement as a problem. I felt that having characters like Chuck and Jack helped give a face to Raptors basketball across the country. I think that having characters like them help the game grow and help get kids interested. Sure hard-core fans like ourselves don't NEED those quotes but for casual fans, it is helpful to them. It gets them interested.

pebloemer
07-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I hear you but in the end, I didn't see Chuck's excitement as a problem. I felt that having characters like Chuck and Jack helped give a face to Raptors basketball across the country. I think that having characters like them help the game grow and help get kids interested. Sure hard-core fans like ourselves don't NEED those quotes but for casual fans, it is helpful to them. It gets them interested.

That's a different perspective that I have not considered. The "taglines" got so over used and repetitive for me and drove me nuts. I love the passion and excitement. But I guess that was/is my selfish view on Swirsky. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Chuck and in a way credit him, Leo and jack for teaching me as a viewer more about basketball and igniting a passion in me, but I am happy to see a new face and hear a new voice.

Bob_at_york
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
That's a different perspective that I have not considered. The "taglines" got so over used and repetitive for me and drove me nuts. I love the passion and excitement. But I guess that was/is my selfish view on Swirsky. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Chuck and in a way credit him, Leo and jack for teaching me as a viewer more about basketball and igniting a passion in me, but I am happy to see a new face and hear a new voice.

You might notice that I included Jack in there. Because I don't see Leo as a character but Jack with his "Hello!" and all the Irish jokes and the shots of the cheerleaders. That kind of stuff is fun whether you are a basketball fan or not.