PDA

View Full Version : Matt Devlin's blog

brebre82
07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/devlin.html

The entire blog is a dummy's guide to brown nose/asskiss. He sounds so fake with his words, trying desperately to get fans on his side. The part where he writes "We arrived back in the States with Canadian flags for the boys along with Raptors and Leafs t-shirts. And we’re busy teaching the boys “O Canada”, which they’ve taken to quickly! " was what did it for me. Eww. Covering wrestling?

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Haha, I like the fact that his family is moving to Toronto.

Ragun
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Meh...as long as he is good in broadcastng im cool.

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Chuck was a genually great guy...good thought process and they way him and leo would battle was great...and chucks voice wasn't annoying...that's importain for 82 game seaon.....Devlin got alot to live up to!

Denverb2b
07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
didnt mind his first blog at all, he seemed excited and he should be

mpickup
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Chill out brebre82, how can you cast judgement so fast?
-maybe he's the kind of guy who likes to go on road trips with his family and sing "wheels on the bus" too...doesn't make him fake, maybe just goofy. liiike the Swirsk?
Anyway, I can't talk because I don't know Devlin...but give him a shot, he seems to have lots of enthusiasm for the game...

Mile High Champ
07-09-2008, 02:12 PM
i liked his blog, he seemed honest and excited, Im gonna try and get behind this and I plan on sending him an email this afternoon actually. He seems like a nice fit for us. I also like the fact he has a long history with Jack which is great for chemistry calling games. This is good news I think.

Dragan
07-09-2008, 02:20 PM
did chuck not kissass as well?. I dont think that its important who much *** he kisses, as long as he sounds good and knows what hes talking about. I just hope that he is not bland as the other 90% of American play-by-play guys are.

brebre82
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
But mommy I dont want a new daddy!

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 06:36 PM
If he's a good announcer, don't really mind it.

reevanson
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Dude you need to relax! Chuck is gone and he is not comming back. Give this dude a chance. Chuck was the world biggest kissass!! This guy says a few good things about the organization and the country and you rip on him....real classy. I guess you would rather him say Canada sucks and MLS can go to hell. I loved Chuck but seriously move on, sounds like you just got dumped or something.

ramz.n
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
he better have funny stories to tell

Kianwe
07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
But mommy I dont want a new daddy!

LOL, nice....high 5

ink
07-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I have to admit I didn't read his blog, but as for funny stories and all that Swirsk stuff ... I'll be just as happy if the new guy is more basketball and a LOT LESS salami and cheese. I love Chuck because of the upstanding guy he is, but I would prefer to have an announcer not bring such a schtick to the game. If Devlin is a good basketball man without all the goofiness I'll be a happy listener.

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-10-2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/devlin.html

The entire blog is a dummy's guide to brown nose/asskiss. He sounds so fake with his words, trying desperately to get fans on his side. The part where he writes "We arrived back in the States with Canadian flags for the boys along with Raptors and Leafs t-shirts. And we’re busy teaching the boys “O Canada”, which they’ve taken to quickly! " was what did it for me. Eww. Covering wrestling?

Give the guy a break. If we were in his shoes, we would do the same thing by sucking up to your audiences.

brebre82
07-10-2008, 11:44 PM
LOL, nice....high 5

Very niice. I like.