PDA

View Full Version : Baron Cancels Press Conference, May Not Become Clipper!

phlp_bj
07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Local L.A. Radio on the Joe McDonald Show is reporting that earlier today, the station called Baron's reps and asked for an interview after tomorrow's press event introducing him as a Clipper. They declined.

Their people just called back and informed the station that tomorrow's press event has is not happening.

One, two, three knockout if that is the case for the Clippers. It's making me nervous for Deng and Gordon, especially if they do get offered the max, there is no doubt we will not be keeping them.

Question is, will LA stop fighting, and making enemies?

don't have a link right now.

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 12:13 PM
If Baron leaves then they need to get rid of the Clippers franchise and have them move somewhere else. Maybe Nevada or something.

MetsAllTheWay
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM
lmao that would suck for the clippers. no brand, no davis. thats about 10 steps backwards, they could be saying hello to a top 5 pick again.

Zefflin
07-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Just go to the other LA Baron...you want a ring don't you? Oh yea I forgot you really, really love money! But remember that with LA will come even bigger fame, and we all know you love that just as much as the greens. (both greens)

Baller1
07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Clippers to Seattle perhaps?!

Devils05
07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
lmao that would suck for the clippers. no brand, no davis. thats about 10 steps backwards, they could be saying hello to a top 5 pick again.
No Maggette either.

SouljahPhil...
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
question guys............
can BD still resign with gstate eventhough they have sign maggete???

Afridi786
07-09-2008, 12:25 PM
They'd probably pursue Iggy and Josh Smith if that happened.

mez
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM

he could if he takes less money.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Lmao, if I were Davis, and I didn't sign anything yet, I'd tell the Clippers to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Not that the Clippers can help it Brand put a knife in their back, but still.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I think the Clippers would be crazy to get him. They need to rebuild around their young guys what they don't need is a 30 year old locked up more then 2 years and they aren't going to get 2 years.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I think the Clippers would be crazy to get him. They need to rebuild around their young guys what they don't need is a 30 year old locked up more then 2 years and they aren't going to get 2 years.

Well the Clippers were assuming Brand would keep his word, so they'd have Baron, Brand, Kaman, Gordon and Thornton as their starting 5, which isn't bad at all.

Without Brand and Davis they are probably looking at the worst record in they NBA.

Aapox
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Highly unlikely unless Golden State decides to move Monta Ellis, who is highly touted by the franchise and I would assume will be taking over the 1 spot. He's the reason why GS had an easier time letting Baron go in the first place.

SouljahPhil...
07-09-2008, 12:59 PM
if im the clips I will not sign BD..I'd rather go for younger free agents...

SouljahPhil...
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
the if Gstate doesn't sign him...Were do you guys think he will end up???

Cadarn
07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Honestly signing davis is just a waste of money at this point. Brand is total scum.

avsman05
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
id bet a good destination for him would be detroit he would be able to play against brand more and its in the easier east.

JIDsanity
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Damn I should have bookmarked that Thread when that kid asked about the Clips. Should have traded Brand like I said. Sucks for them

lakersrock
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Well the Clippers were assuming Brand would keep his word, so they'd have Baron, Brand, Kaman, Gordon and Thornton as their starting 5, which isn't bad at all.

Without Brand and Davis they are probably looking at the worst record in they NBA.

HAHA! That's funny putting that probably in there. :D But yeah, this will make the new OKC team look pretty good with how bad the Clips will be.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 01:11 PM

yea but i cant see us taking him back thats what all the local media is saying the way he did us mullin wants no part of him.. but yea he could really go anywere i still cant see him turning down 65 mill

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 01:13 PM
That's rough for the clips....they gotta do something to make barron happy real quick.

OaklandsFinest
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM

YES! The warriors because Baron played for them last year can use their Larry Bird rights can go over the salary cap to sign him. Making Golden State probably the favorite to get Baron now. I Hope anyway!

X12Celtics3
07-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Elton Brand is a joke. He wanted to leave the team because they had little talent, now that they get talent, he goes and signs with another team! How can you please this guy!?!?!? If he had signed with the Clips he wouldve had a chance at a good playoff run, and its not like he wouldnt make alot of money. Now Hes in Philly to have a shot at a small playoff run, hes pissed off his fan base in LA, and is probably going to get injured from playing 40 mins a game on a team with no bench!!

BigDaddyKaine
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
all he would be able to get would be MLE from other teams so Y not stay in LA and sign with the Lakers... that would be GREAT

Baron
Kobe
Lamar
Pau
Bynum

if Baron doesnt sign with the clips after all

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Brand ****ted all over the Clips and Baron. Clippers infamy continues.

BigDaddyKaine
07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Clips should go in rebuilding mode (again) and not sign Baron because they will do nothing with him next year without Brand (he lost all respect)

BigDaddyKaine
07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Brand ****ted all over the Clips and Baron. Clippers infamy continues.

agree

Iodine
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Thus another chapter in the story of how bad the clippers fanchise is

The83rdWonder
07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
I have a suspicion that B Diddy is going to ask for a sign n' trade.. I don't really see the need for Baron in LAC without Brand, they would just be ruining their cap space for 2010, 2011.

ackar
07-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Lmao, if I were Davis, and I didn't sign anything yet, I'd tell the Clippers to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Not that the Clippers can help it Brand put a knife in their back, but still.

The funny thing about your knife in the back statement is this the Kings did the same thing to Ron Artest and everyone says he is a turd/crybaby. in buisness never believe the other guy unless it is in writing.

Mile High Champ
wow if he bails now... What a *******.. I feel really bad for clipper fans..

THE_FLASH_21
People everywhere were calling The Clippers contenders just 4 days ago.. LOL
look what happend!! The Jazz are gonna be in the same situation with a man that turned his back to the CAVS!!!

That being said the Clippers won't end up with no big splash, and will suck again for many years to come. :( THAT SUCKS!!!

ninja
id bet a good destination for him would be detroit he would be able to play against brand more and its in the easier east.

Dont know men detroit can only offer him the MLE and i think he wants more.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 03:25 PM
HAHA! That's funny putting that probably in there. :D But yeah, this will make the new OKC team look pretty good with how bad the Clips will be.

You never can know for sure, so that's why the probably is there :smoking:

The Nets will also be pretty bad Imo, and New York didn't improve much up to this moment, but that Clippers roster without those players is flat out horrible.

Right now I think their depth chart would be:

PG - Brevin Knight/Smush Parker
SG - Eric Gordon/Cuttino Mobley
SF - Al Thornton/Quinton Ross
PF - Tim Thomas/Josh Powell
C - Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan.

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2008, 03:27 PM
If Baron leaves then they need to get rid of the Clippers franchise and have them move somewhere else. Maybe Nevada or something.

You know whats sad. Contracting the Clippers and putting a team in Seattle or Vegas would probably be better than Donald Sterling owning a team. Won't happen tho the Clippers are a very profitable orgainization. I'll bet we even make money this year when attendence will probably be cut in half.

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh yea and to be honest I don't really care if Baron splits. We will be better off if he does. We aren't going to be competetive for the next 5 years with or without him. Atleast witout him we get back into the very top of the lottery where we belong and get a chance for the next Lebron...or Olowakandi. If Baron leaves we have a better chance at Josh Smith.

Lakerfrk
07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
really sucks for the Clipps... i was acctually hoping they got both Brand and Baron.. i like when the Clippers are good.

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Damn, son. Clippers fans... prepare for 5 more years in the lottery.

McAwesomeDude
07-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Elton Brand is a joke. He wanted to leave the team because they had little talent, now that they get talent, he goes and signs with another team! How can you please this guy!?!?!? If he had signed with the Clips he wouldve had a chance at a good playoff run, and its not like he wouldnt make alot of money. Now Hes in Philly to have a shot at a small playoff run, hes pissed off his fan base in LA, and is probably going to get injured from playing 40 mins a game on a team with no bench!!

Last time I checked tough guy the sixers were one of the best teams in the second half last year and are very young. i think theyre emerging as one of the best teams in the east so I'd quite the trash talk. We did beat you in your house last year! :speechless:

njnets
07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
clippers got screwed. they lost maggette and brand and it looks like they didnt land baron. thats pretty bad. they should move to seatlle.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
YES! The warriors because Baron played for them last year can use their Larry Bird rights can go over the salary cap to sign him. Making Golden State probably the favorite to get Baron now. I Hope anyway!
Larry Bird rights only apply to retricted free agents

SDBearsFan
07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
i think he ends up in cleveland

Ragun
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
That sucks.

fresh prince
07-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I think Baron will stay and the clipps should be able to lure Emeka Okafor from Charlotte now.. They can offer him the most of any team.. And he is a better fit than Josh Smith..

Baron
Gordon/ Mobley
Thornton
Okafor
Kaman

That team would still have a shot to sneak in the top 8 in the west

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Larry Bird rights only apply to retricted free agents

no they dont. Bird rights refer the ability of a team to resign their own free agents even if it takes them over the cap. For that reason, unless GS has renounced their rights to baron, they could still S/T him to another team...

mariotubes
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
you cant blame him, why sign long term on a team that wont be any good until your contracts up anyway

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Of course the Clippers can still sign other players to improve their team, but Baron doesn't know that right now.

So is he going to take the chance, wait untill the Clippers actually sign improvements (seems unlikely he would do that), or what?

If I were him I would bolt like crazy, as fast as he can.

If he still signs now he would Imo become the biggest ******* in basically the worst situation any player could be in the same stage of their career.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I agree mariotubes. You can't blame the man for cancelling it. EB went on to Philly after Baron verbally agreed to go to the Clips.

slugfest504
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I wouldnt be shocked at all if he just backed out of this deal now. He got screwed over by Elton, not many people are saying Elton did anything wrong. I wounldnt blame him if he backed out and went elsewhere, but with the maggette deal in golden state, is their really anywhere else for him to go.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 06:28 PM
No way, if anything Baron not coming here would be a good thing. There is no point in having him if Brand aint here. Its time to rebuild this time we do it right.

Goon.Weezy
07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Agreed

Crunchy12489
07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I think Golden State is hating Baron Davis right now. I hope he does come back to Oakland, but then again I don't.

Unless they are like LA and they just push the whole "trade" fiasco aside like they did Kobe and begin riding his nuts....

I still can't get over that.

solelimited
07-10-2008, 01:12 AM
No way, if anything Baron not coming here would be a good thing. There is no point in having him if Brand aint here. Its time to rebuild this time we do it right.

rebuild right? they have NEVER rebuilt right..

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 01:41 AM
rebuild right? they have NEVER rebuilt right..

or have they