PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis Livid/Furious At Elton Brand

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Source: ContraCostatimes (http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008/07/08/whew-now-lets-play-catch-up/)

I was shunned by Baronís people. He nor his agent responded to the one question I had: With Brand going to Philly, is there ANY chance AT ALL that Baron goes back to the negotiating table with the Warriors? I got no love. A contact did tell me that the Clippers spent Tuesday evening talking to Baron, convincing him to stay, even working out the details of the contract (as well as preparing a fat offer sheet for Atlantaís Josh Smith). They were pretty sure he was staying, but he was rumored to be livid over Brandís Boozer impersonation.

Afridi786
07-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Well, that ends their friendship.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 12:06 PM
damn i cant wait when they face each other :)

Ragun
07-09-2008, 12:06 PM
that sucks but Baron...clippers have a nice future...you should stay with them.

AllTheWay
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Haha that sucks for Baron. Brand has a better chance in the east, but still. He went their for you and for the city

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
u shouldnt have left tha bay like u did ... karma is a ***** huh baron

denversgm
07-09-2008, 12:23 PM

he left the bay becuase GS wouldn't give him a contract extension.

Nets fan 93
07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I was looking forward to the Clippers...

matchup for the ages: Yi vs Brand :p

ManRam
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM

Like Denversgm said, he left for legit reasons. It isn't Karma.

Brand promised that if Baron signed in LAC, that he'd come back. Baron had a deal with the Clippers, and Brand fled for the money. It was a ***** move by Brand. For a while now, there has been talk about what would happen if Brand did what he just did, and how much respect he'd lose. He's going to lose a lot of respect from his peers. His image took a big hit yesterday.

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
:clap: karma karma karma

HouRealCoach
07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Elton Brand is a dumbass

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-09-2008, 12:33 PM

oh from what i here we did try giving him a contract extension just not for 5 years but for 3yrs i stand by gsw front office for not giving him 5yrs he certainly would be a major risk.

NBAdyNASTY
07-09-2008, 12:37 PM

Brand promised that if Baron signed in LAC, that he'd come back. Baron had a deal with the Clippers, and Brand fled for the money. It was a ***** move by Brand. For a while now, there has been talk about what would happen if Brand did what he just did, and how much respect he'd lose. He's going to lose a lot of respect from his peers. His image took a big hit yesterday.

What?! Show me a link where Brand is quoted of PROMISING Baron he would stay with the Clips if Baron signed in LA. I think it's wrong what Elton did, but we don't know of any promise being made.

Gorgon2k
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM

False! GS offered him more, and LAC offered him an equal sized contract with a NTC... he fled to win

Baller1
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
I liked Elton Brand too...

Conor
07-09-2008, 12:40 PM
What goes around comes around.

cali72888
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
sad thing is i can see baron signing with the W's once again, but if he ever put on a warriors jersey again i will be the one booing him when he is on the court, no matter how good we are. he has no heart, no soul, nothing, baron is as selfish as he ever is, and just because brand did the exact same thing you did to us, dont get butt hurt over it, karmas a *****. (hope you sign with someone and jack ur knee up and are on IR the entire season)

jetsfan28
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM

Oh yeah, leaving as a free agent after making no indications that he was staying, what an *******

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 12:43 PM

They did give him an offer he just didn't like it

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Fact of the matter still remains that Brand gave his word to the Clippers owner he would opt out only to resign with them, and he broke his word.

Whether or not he also gave Davis his word? Only Davis and Brand know for sure I guess, but if he did he put a knife in Davis' back also.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM

How did brand's image take a hit and davis's didnt? They both did the same thing to their teams... Davis told the Warriors he was staying and through tampering had a agreement with the Clippers the first minute of free agency... Elton took a better deal close to his home to a team that will make the playoffs...

Dark Donnie
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
oh from what i here we did try giving him a contract extension just not for 5 years but for 3yrs i stand by gsw front office for not giving him 5yrs he certainly would be a major risk.

Well Baron said as of almost two weeks ago that he was probably staying....Nelly even said something similar.

Knowledge
07-09-2008, 12:51 PM
GS could've done more, but i thought Baron said he wasnt opting out or he wasnt leaving GS? i dont remember though because I wasnt really paying attention to Baron Davis since he wasnt coming to my team.

62 guests lol-we c u.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Since the Clippers are going to suck badly now anyway they can just as well trade Chris Kaman to the Heat for Mark Blount and Ricky Davis :D

yankees932
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Too bad for the 76ers, as soon as Brand gets on to the court, he will get injured and play like 10 games the whole season.

Gorgon2k
07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Too bad for the 76ers, as soon as Brand gets on to the court, he will get injured and play like 10 games the whole season.

What an intelligent statement, I'm so glad you felt compelled to share your knowledge with us today. :rolleyes:

ManRam
07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
What?! Show me a link where Brand is quoted of PROMISING Baron he would stay with the Clips if Baron signed in LA. I think it's wrong what Elton did, but we don't know of any promise being made.

Watch this video (http://www.fantasyplayers.com/nfl/FeedItem.asp?FEED_ITEM_ID=35918). It is no secret Elton and Baron had a deal. Just google search their names. It pops up everywhere. They talked about it on PTI and ATH yesterday too. They had a deal.

OaklandsFinest
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM

Thats not true! The Warriors offered him an extension, they even offered more money, but they had incentives, like make the playoffs, play a certain amount of games. An injury plagued Baron wouldn't sign a contract unless the money was guarenteed.

JIDsanity
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Go to the Cavs.

Cadarn
07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
How did brand's image take a hit and davis's didnt? They both did the same thing to their teams... Davis told the Warriors he was staying and through tampering had a agreement with the Clippers the first minute of free agency... Elton took a better deal close to his home to a team that will make the playoffs...

Brand was supposed to be one of the most stand-up guys in the nba, that's how.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 01:18 PM

thats not true... we just didnt offer him as much as he wanted.... and he waited to the last sec to opt out when he told us he wasnt.... i dont feel bad for him at all ... i find it quite funny

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 01:21 PM

IT is karma... listen to what u just said... he opted out because he was told my brand and the clips that it would all work out... last i heard this was called tampering.... he shouldnt have been trying to work out a deal while he was still under contract with the warriors...

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Oh yeah, leaving as a free agent after making no indications that he was staying, what an *******

Are u serious... after making no indications that he was staying... if your gonna talk crap least now what you are talking about he had told us many times in the upcoming weeks he was not opting out... if thats not making indcations that he was staying what is.?

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Thats not true! The Warriors offered him an extension, they even offered more money, but they had incentives, like make the playoffs, play a certain amount of games. An injury plagued Baron wouldn't sign a contract unless the money was guarenteed.

yea i heard he had to play a certain amount of games... each year

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-09-2008, 01:39 PM
BARON DAVIS is THE BIGGEST dumbass

Dumb and Dumber

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
When they play itll almost be Kobe vs. Shaq, not the same circumstances but the same feelings. I wanna hear the Staples Center when Brand is announced next season.

y that stadium is going be so empty you will here crickets j/k :D

Conor
07-09-2008, 02:02 PM

You're completely incorrect on that one, why say something like that when you don't know what you're talking about? On the day Baron signed with the Clippers, he had spent the entire day telling just about everyone affiliated with the Warriors that he planned to return. Then he went to talk the Clippers, and before the Warriors had a chance to do anything, he agreed to join them in what was obviously pre-arranged.

blams
07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
brand is a bag of douche

bigity b
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
on the karma angle - does that mean elton brand blows out his knee the first week of the season and doesnt play all year why the clippers sneak in the backdoor of the playoffs with davis in charge? as a wiz fan that would be awesome...

OaklandsFinest
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Just let Baron come back for 5 years 12 mil, and watch Golden State run over everybody. Fastest team on the court period.

PG- Davis
SG- Ellis
SF- Maggette
PF- Jackson
C- Biedrens

THE_FLASH_21
07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Elton Brand is the next Boozer.... lol Baron Davis should go sign with Heat!!
The Clippers got screwed by everyone... Baron, Brand, Corey, and next Josh Smith.....

t mac and vick
07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
josh smith baron davis and kayman good trio and eric gordon off the bench

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Do the Cavs have money to get Baron Davis?

Beasley'sBeauty
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Brand did what any other baller would do. He looked out for himself!! He had to get out of LA or suffer the Garnett-Carter-McGrady-Iverson syndrome.(Great player on a HORRIBLE TEAM*Garnett pre-07)

He's 29 and on a good, young, team in the East with a solid Coach. Baron needs to shut up if he's mad because he wanted to go to L.A. to become a star off the court.

He should have stayed in the Bay. Who thought they'd be better without Barron?

Conor
07-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Do the Cavs have money to get Baron Davis?

No, but I imagine they may try to work a sign and trade with the Warriors. That said, the most I can see them offering is Gibson+Varejao+1st, and I think the Warriors can get better.

ackar
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Last time I checked the NBA is a business. When in business you do what is best for you and not your friends true friends will understand. Think about it Brand in the east has a better chance to get to the finals and get to the all star game than any of the two teams who was considering him in the west. In the end it was a shrewd business move will it payoff that has yet to be seen.

mickybrneyes20
07-09-2008, 03:14 PM
What goes around comes around, enjoy L.A. on a losing team Baron!

eagles520
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
oh yeah elton brand is a real scum bag for doing what any single one of us would have. elton brand opted out of the contract he has no obligation to stay with the clippers he was a free agent. to say he went where the most money was is stupid because the warriors offered the max. if anyone is the scum bag its davis. he said he was staying on the team less than a week before he opted out. elton brand has no obligation to baron davis, he did what was right for him. he wants to win and the sixers gave him the best chance.

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 03:27 PM
What goes around comes around.

Justin Timberlake does not lie. :)

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:29 PM

If you invite your friends over for the weekend, then when they come to find the house is locked and empty, only later to realize you left the state and wont ever be coming back, how do you think they would feel?

AK-50
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
lol well well well aint that a b****

eagles520
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
If you invite your friends over for the weekend, then when they come to find the house is locked and empty, only later to realize you left the state and wont ever be coming back, how do you think they would feel?

that might have been the worst analogy i've ever heard.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 03:32 PM

WHAT???? lol are you for real??? i think i just got stupider for reading that..... Well what if one of your friends snored really loud and hogged all the pillows and always grabbed the best sleeping bag???

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Well... sucks for the Clippers.

He wanted to be closer to home, for both himself and his wife. Not to mention the money was better. I think family comes before friendship.

Chronz
Last time I checked the NBA is a business. When in business you do what is best for you and not your friends true friends will understand. Think about it Brand in the east has a better chance to get to the finals and get to the all star game than any of the two teams who was considering him in the west. In the end it was a shrewd business move will it payoff that has yet to be seen.
If thats how he wants to play then thats the image Brand has projected for himself, you have to keep in mind that Brand didnt just look out for himself, he ****ed over his friend in the process messing with someone else business. Brand doesnt have a better chance of winning because the Clippers > Sixers. Yes hes in the East but that doesnt mean his chances of winning a title are greater. Its one the dumbest illogical theories repeated by sports journalist in an attempt to sound smart. Even if the Clippers miss the playoffs and the Sixers make it but are a less impressive team hes still further away from winning championship.

Liney3506
WHAT???? lol are you for real??? i think i just got stupider for reading that.

:pity:

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
If thats how he wants to play then thats the image Brand has projected for himself, you have to keep in mind that Brand didnt just look out for himself, he ****ed over his friend in the process messing with someone else business. Brand doesnt have a better chance of winning because the Clippers > Sixers. Yes hes in the East but that doesnt mean his chances of winning a title are greater. Its one the dumbest illogical theories repeated by sports journalist in an attempt to sound smart. Even if the Clippers miss the playoffs and the Sixers make it but are a less impressive team hes still further away from winning championship.

Last time I checked, playoffs are better than no playoffs. Not to mention that the Sixers were one of the top 10 teams in the league during the latter part of the regular season.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
WHAT???? lol are you for real??? i think i just got stupider for reading that.
Ive always hated the word stupider

thedfactor
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Brand is the smarter one. His chances to win are better in Philly than with the Clippers. Its hard to have a chance at the finals when you wouldn't even be on the better team in your city. Philly needed a solid PF like Elton and he got offered a fat contract, he'd be dumb not to move east.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Last time I checked, playoffs are better than no playoffs. Not to mention that the Sixers were one of the top 10 teams in the league during the latter part of the regular season.
Not if you made the playoffs due to lack of competition/by default.

Its about being the best team, and the Clippers are a better team than the Sixers with a healthy Brand+Baron.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 03:37 PM

The CLippers are better than the Sixers????? hahah lol.. youre insane they wont be making the playoffs for a long time now not even on the east coast... You made one the dumbest illogical replies ever on this site... stop being a homer and open your eyes..

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:37 PM
that might have been the worst analogy i've ever heard.
Give it crack, Im sure you can think of something better

Just make sure you make Elton sound like an *** because what he did to Baron is pure horse ****

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Its about being the best team, and the Clippers are a better team than the Sixers with a healthy Brand+Baron.

Oh, I thought you were referring to NOW.

Look at the records around midseason, then look at the end of the season. The Sixers took enormous strides last year, and played better than some of your "better" teams out in the West.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 03:40 PM

let me tell you a little secret.... shhhhhh......THERE IS NO BARON AND BRAND!!! you idiot ... are you playing fantasy basketball, because Baron is and was never on Brands team!!!

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:40 PM
thats not true... we just didnt offer him as much as he wanted.... and he waited to the last sec to opt out when he told us he wasnt.... i dont feel bad for him at all ... i find it quite funny
If they wouldve offered him the extension he wouldve stayed, management undervalued him and he left, that and the fact that he put up with some major BS from the coach.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:41 PM
The CLippers are better than the Sixers????? hahah lol.. youre insane they wont be making the playoffs for a long time now not even on the east coast... You made one the dumbest illogical replies ever on this site... stop being a homoer and open your eyes..
Yes the Clippers are better than the Sixers, unless you can give me a reason as to how they arent I wont pay attention to you in the future, open your eyes LMAO. Sure guy

eagles520
07-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Just make sure you make Elton sound like an *** because what he did to Baron is pure horse ****

chronz just stop. like i said elton brand has no obligation to baron davis. did he sign a contract with baron and i missed it. if anyone knows about the business its baron davis because the last time i checked he played the warriors for fools. just stop its a lost cause. you're wrong the sixers are better period.

cali72888
07-09-2008, 03:42 PM
what goes around comes around baron......you **** over two teams then you are bound to get ****ed over yourself......it just so happened he got screwed out of 17 mill...
serves him rite *******

Eicholtz
I knew he was a dirtbag a long time ago....he went to Duke.

eagles520
tell me how the clippers are better big guy.

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Brand is and always will be a loser. I can't wait to see Philly get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. Should've gotten Josh Smith. Similar style to your other players, he'd have meshed better and he'd be much more entertaining to watch.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
:pity:

yo theres nothing wrong with the word stupider, stupid...

stu∑pid (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu∑pid∑er, stu∑pid∑est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
n.
A stupid or foolish person.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
let me tell you a little secret.... shhhhhh......THERE IS NO BARON AND BRAND!!! you idiot ... are you playing fantasy basketball, because Baron is and was never on Brands team!!!
LMAO Baron is and was never on Brands team, do you have any idea how dumb you sound? Learn proper grammar if you want to sound like a smart *** when insulting someone.

Your lucky Ive dealt with enough dimwits to know their language, thats the point, Baron and Brand were SUPPOSE to team together. Thats what Brand told the Clippers to do, according to Brand that was the sole reason he opted out, so the Clips could show a commitment to winning. **** he even told the specifically to get Baron.

Baron+Brand on this Clippers team > Sixers

eagles520
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Brand is and always will be a loser. I can't wait to see Philly get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. Should've gotten Josh Smith. Similar style to your other players, he'd have meshed better and he'd be much more entertaining to watch.

if you watched the nba playoffs last year then you would know that the problem in the playoffs for the sixers was no halfcourt offense and no post presence. thats why we got elton brand. watch them a little bit.

kobynum2417
07-09-2008, 03:45 PM
baron should just leave for the lakers

cali72888
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
and the sixers were not better then any of the teams that made the playoffs in the west, not even better then the 10 top teams in the west, thats why they got smoked in the playoffs, and thats why they felt they needed to go out and get brand, so sixers fans stop trying to make the east look like somthing it isent.
just because the celtics pulled a typical new york-boston move and bought a championship doesent mean that the rest of the east is any good, maby the sixers got alot better and now can actually compete with the 3-4 good teams in the east and even possibly challenge some of the best in the west, but until i actually see the sixers have a good playoff run im not convinced.

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Even if the sixers are better than the clippers, both teams are going nowhere. Regardless of whether or not the clippers had brand and baron, or the sixers have brand now, it doesn't make a difference. Neither team could contend for a championship either way. Making the playoffs is different from going deep in the playoffs.

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:47 PM

Josh Smith can't even hold Brand's jock.

He shoots 50% jumpers as a PF, and makes around 30.7% of them (including 29.1% from 2 pt. jumpers). Once you take away all his flashy dunks, you see that in a halfcourt offense, he's freakin' awful. Not to mention a poor on-ball defender, and T/O prone.

Can he run? Sure. Was he effective against the Celtics? Absolutely not. He had a horrible playoffs, besides 2 games sandwiched between absolute crap.

The playoffs slow things down to a halfcourt offense. Why do you think the Suns went from run and gun to a more halfcourt style of offense? To better compete in the playoffs... not just the regular season when you're playing mediocre/poor teams every other night.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Justin Timberlake does not lie. :)

did u really just drop a justing timberlake on a sports board lmao... ur a fool for that one lmao

eagles520
07-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Your lucky Ive dealt with enough dimwits to know their language, thats the point, Baron and Brand were SUPPOSE to team together. Thats what Brand told the Clippers to do, according to Brand that was the sole reason he opted out, so the Clips could show a commitment to winning. **** he even told the specifically to get Baron.

you're living in fantasy land my man they're not on the same team and even if they were the sixers would have gotten another big time free agent like josh smith. baron davis is overrated in my opinion and has always been. the only thing hes ever done in this league is win 1 playoff round. so to think that a team that had a top 10 pick would all of a sudden make a 180 into a great team is ignorant. the sixers were one of the best teams in the league in the second half of the year and will only be better this year

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 03:49 PM
If they wouldve offered him the extension he wouldve stayed, management undervalued him and he left, that and the fact that he put up with some major BS from the coach.

and i love to know one thing he put up from the coach?

Chronz
chronz just stop. like i said elton brand has no obligation to baron davis. did he sign a contract with baron and i missed it. if anyone knows about the business its baron davis because the last time i checked he played the warriors for fools. just stop its a lost cause. you're wrong the sixers are better period.
Telling your friend to come over and ditching him when he gave up alot to be with you is a verbal agreement. The Warriors and Baron had a falling out, both sides had faults, on Brands case it was solely his doing.

You know you dont have an argument when your ending it with PERIOD. Watch I can do it too, Just stop arguing with me, its a lost cause, your wrong, the Clippers are better PERIOD.

NBAkYD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thiat is the dumbest comment I've ever seen. It's not personal to Chronz, but to everyone who has mentioned it. The only thing that would make sense to say is that

Baron+Brand+Current Clippers>Brand+Current Sixers. The only problem is that that statement is a lie because we are a talented young playoff team adding a post threat while you guys are changing your #1 option from SF to PG while still sucking.

Liney3506
and the sixers were not better then any of the teams that made the playoffs in the west, not even better then the 10 top teams in the west, thats why they got smoked in the playoffs, and thats why they felt they needed to go out and get brand, so sixers fans stop trying to make the east look like somthing it isent.
just because the celtics pulled a typical new york-boston move and bought a championship doesent mean that the rest of the east is any good, maby the sixers got alot better and now can actually compete with the 3-4 good teams in the east and even possibly challenge some of the best in the west, but until i actually see the sixers have a good playoff run im not convinced.

The Sixers got smoked in the playoffs? When did this happen? They stole Game 1 IN Detroit, and nearly took a 3-1 game lead (they lead Game 4 at halftime). They made the Pistons look old for a few games, before Detroit fixed their problems.

The East is becoming just as good as the West. Not quite there yet, but slowly getting there. The Raptors/Sixers/Magic/Wizards will all be improved next year, including the Pistons/Celtics/LeBron and the Cavs.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
LMAO Baron is and was never on Brands team, do you have any idea how dumb you sound? Learn proper grammar if you want to sound like a smart *** when insulting someone.

Ill save my proper grammar for a term paper.... but since you have the emotional maturity and logic of a 5th grader, ill tell you what, ill give you a quarter a week allowance to proof read my postings...

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
you're living in fantasy land my man they're not on the same team and even if they were the sixers would have gotten another big time free agent like josh smith. baron davis is overrated in my opinion and has always been. the only thing hes ever done in this league is win 1 playoff round. so to think that a team that had a top 10 pick would all of a sudden make a 180 into a great team is ignorant. the sixers were one of the best teams in the league in the second half of the year and will only be better this year

OMG can someone please explain it to this kid, the point is which team wouldve been better for Brand. The Clippers with Baron and Brand > the Sixers. THATS IT, I dont give a damn who the Sixers get if they dont get Brand because thats not the topic at hand. Come back to me when you get a clue

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:53 PM
OMG can someone please explain it to this kid, the point is which team wouldve been better for Brand. The Clippers with Baron and Brand > the Sixers. THATS IT, I dont give a damn who the Sixers get if they dont get Brand because thats not the topic at hand. Come back to me when you get a clue

I can agree to Baron/Brand/Kaman would be better than Miller/Iggy/Dalembert. But we're talking about now, in the present. Not some alternate timeline where the Clippers weren't ****ed.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Telling your friend to come over and ditching him when he gave up alot to be with you is a verbal agreement. The Warriors and Baron had a falling out, both sides had faults, on Brands case it was solely his doing.

You know you dont have an argument when your ending it with PERIOD. Watch I can do it too, Just stop arguing with me, its a lost cause, your wrong, the Clippers are better PERIOD.

Oh and one more thing "Mr Sleepover for the Weekend," Baron didn't have a falling out with the warriors, he left because of a business decision-- no emotions attached like you seem to have.. Baron was at the warriors HQ late last week collecting his things and talking to management..

Chronz
Ill save my proper grammar for a term paper.... but since you have the emotional maturity and logic of a 5th grader, ill tell you what, ill give you a quarter a week allowance to proof read my postings...

Wow Ive never met someone who had to SAVE their intelligence, tell you what give me that quarter multiply it by 10000 and Ill teach you how to have UNLIMITED INTELLIGENCE and a profound understanding of reading/writing comprehension.

Seriously though, if your going to TRY and diss me atleast make sure what your saying makes sense.

_Supreme_
baron should just leave for the lakers

Everybody should just leave fot the Lakers huh?

And for cheap too, all of them!

eagles520
07-09-2008, 03:55 PM

oh no i get it. but like i said baron davis is so overrated. he has done nothing in this league. hes very inconsistent personally i'd take andre miller over him for this particular sixers team. and do you watch the nba? lou williams and thad young are up and comers and we have iguodola and dalambert. you should watch the whole nba and learn something. the sixers pushed the pistons to 6 without brand last year and the clippers had a top 10 pick. you're clueless. if you think baron davis is better than the whole sixers team put together with brand then you're stupid.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow Ive never met someone who had to SAVE their intelligence, tell you what give me that quarter multiply it by 10000 and Ill teach you how to have UNLIMITED INTELLIGENCE and a profound understanding of reading/writing comprehension.

Seriously though, if your going to TRY and diss me atleast make sure what your saying makes sense.

lol youre the one talking about weekend sleepovers that no one got.. but hey, keep projecting.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM

100% true

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh and one more thing "Mr Sleepover for the Weekend," Baron didn't have a falling out with the warriors, he left because of a business decision-- no emotions attached like you seem to have.. Baron was at the warriors HQ late last week collecting his things and talking to management..
A business decision derived from his falling out of favor with management and Don Nelson, of course hes going to be humble and thankful for all that theyve done for him that doesnt mean he wouldnt have stayed had they offered him an extension, they didnt so he went out and found one.

I dont know what Baron talking to management has anything to do with what Im saying, its not like I said he had a falling out ala Tmac in Orlando. Just he didnt like how they treated him in the end.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh, I thought you were referring to NOW.

Look at the records around midseason, then look at the end of the season. The Sixers took enormous strides last year, and played better than some of your "better" teams out in the West.
From my experience, 2nd half strides never carry over to the next season. I tried telling Rap fans the same thing last year

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 04:02 PM
A business decision derived from his falling out of favor with management and Don Nelson, of course hes going to be humble and thankful for all that theyve done for him that doesnt mean he wouldnt have stayed had they offered him an extension, they didnt so he went out and found one.

I dont know what Baron talking to management has anything to do with what Im saying, its not like I said he had a falling out ala Tmac in Orlando. Just he didnt like how they treated him in the end.

Everything you just said is completely false .. He didn't have a falling out with Nelson or management.. Nellie talked highly of him the whole time and vise versa.. Stop believing in rumors you read.. and the Warriors did offer him an extension.. man you sound so ignorant... stop digging yourself a hole .... if you do get in so we can fill it back up...

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
and i love to know one thing he put up from the coach?
Are you serious?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thiat is the dumbest comment I've ever seen. It's not personal to Chronz, but to everyone who has mentioned it. The only thing that would make sense to say is that

Baron+Brand+Current Clippers>Brand+Current Sixers.
Guys seriously take the time to read my post, because the bolded part is EXACTLY what I was saying

The only problem is that that statement is a lie because we are a talented young playoff team adding a post threat while you guys are changing your #1 option from SF to PG while still sucking.

Actually your the one who was lying because our first option would have still been Brand, and no one denies your talent and youth, it just doesnt make you a better team than the Clippers. In case youve forgotten Im saying Clippers+Brand+BARON

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
From my experience, 2nd half strides never carry over to the next season. I tried telling Rap fans the same thing last year

Never said it would. But rather than just rolling over and dying, they now know the effort that it takes to be a playoff team, and be successful in the playoffs. Plus Iggy has less pressure on him, Thad will continue his progress, and hopefully Sammy gained some sort of basketball IQ over the past year. Add in a post threat that will open up chances for the rest of the team? They should be very good, and very potent.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Guys seriously take the time to read my post, because the bolded part is EXACTLY what I was saying

Actually your the one who was lying because our first option would have still been Brand, and no one denies your talent and youth, it just doesnt make you a better team than the Clippers. In case youve forgotten Im saying Clippers+Brand+BARON

and what were trying to say is that your comments a trivial and pointless. Its like me arguing that my fantasy basket ball team is better than the sixers....

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I can agree to Baron/Brand/Kaman would be better than Miller/Iggy/Dalembert. But we're talking about now, in the present. Not some alternate timeline where the Clippers weren't ****ed.
Your completely lost

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
oh no i get it.
Everything youve said thus far has proven contradictory.

but like i said baron davis is so overrated.
What a surprise that you think that

he has done nothing in this league. hes very inconsistent personally i'd take andre miller over him for this particular sixers team.
Baron > Andre in terms of complimenting Brands game, or dont you remember how bad they were the first time they clicked up. Im sure Andre's matured into a more complete player since then but he has never added any range to his shot and its because of this fact that Brand wont have as great of a year as he wouldve had with Baron.

and do you watch the nba?
Basketball is my RELIGION

lou williams and thad young are up and comers and we have iguodola and dalambert. you should watch the whole nba and learn something. the sixers pushed the pistons to 6 without brand last year and the clippers had a top 10 pick. you're clueless. if you think baron davis is better than the whole sixers team put together with brand then you're stupid.
Your stupid if you think Im saying Baron is better than the entire Sixers team combined.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:16 PM
lol youre the one talking about weekend sleepovers that no one got.. but hey, keep projecting.
Ill explain it to you.

Baron was told by Brand to come over, Barons decision to come to LA was knowing that he and Brand would be able to play together, both were suppose to be the best teammates each has ever played with. Baron walked out on 17 MILLION to play with Brand, Brand ditches him.

If you dont get the analogy then your dim, I agree it didnt come across as clever but I wasnt trying to be funny, just truthful. If you think Baron has no reason to be upset then Im waisting my time.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Your completely lost

LOL.... this dudes calling people lost...

eagles520
baron/ mobley or gordon /thornton or thomas /brand/kaman

miller/iggy/young/brand/dalambert

i like miller as a point guard better personally. mobley is not as good as iggy and gordon has yet to play a game in the nba. young is better than thornton right now and will only get better. dalambert is a role player very similar to kaman. so what makes you think you can definitively say that they're better. i would love to hear how please tell me

Chronz
100% true

Wow someone got the analogy, thank the maker.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:19 PM
LOL.... this dudes calling people lost...
crickets .......

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:22 PM

i like miller as a point guard better personally. mobley is not as good as iggy and gordon has yet to play a game in the nba. young is better than thornton right now and will only get better. dalambert is a role player very similar to kaman. so what makes you think you can definitively say that they're better. i would love to hear how please tell me

Read my entire Clipper breakdown if you want to know
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240285

It really depends on the progression of both teams players but as far as the established players go, the Clippers have more of them. I look forward to doing the same for the Sixers but because of their youth, their progression in their career trend is less certain.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Ill explain it to you.

Baron was told by Brand to come over, Barons decision to come to LA was knowing that he and Brand would be able to play together, both were suppose to be the best teammates each has ever played with. Baron walked out on 17 MILLION to play with Brand, Brand ditches him.

If you dont get the analogy then your dim, I agree it didnt come across as clever but I wasnt trying to be funny, just truthful. If you think Baron has no reason to be upset then Im waisting my time.

How do you know Brand told Davis to come over.. you sound so childish... Dont assume anything---which you have been doing--along with making things up.. Baron didn't just walk away to be with Brand like they had some school boy crush.. It was a business decision! This is the real world and a business, things aren't run like they are in high school anymore.. People make business decisions for themselves (Baron and Brand). I dont know how much clearer people have to be with you...

eagles520
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM
all i know is the sixers were in the playoffs with reggie evans as a starter last year. 6.8 ppg as a starter. so what that means is that we should get around 10-13 more a game out of our forward. thats huge

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Are you serious?

yea please tell me one thing baron had to deal with ... with nelson.... u mean that he was a captin and leader of the team.. we run a free roaming O and he really had no shot restrictions.... and him getting drunk the 2nd to last game of the season..... and nelson had to bench him .. put it this way nelson has coached over 20 season .. i bet u can only name one player who has had beef with nellie and thats webber... nelson is a players coach so this is not on nellie.. ur most likley are not even a warrior fan and dont know all the details.... i personally have a close friend who is really close to mitch and i hear a lot of the **** that goes on behind close doors... trust me baron has coach issues why u think NO traded baron davis number 3 pick in tha draft for speedy claxton and dale davis? come on ... tell me one thing PLEASE!!! WHAT DID NELSON DO TO BARON:mad:

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:30 PM
How do you know Brand told Davis to come over.. you sound so childish... Dont assume anything---which you have been doing--along with making things up.. Baron didn't just walk away to be with Brand like they had some school boy crush.. It was a business decision! This is the real world and a business, things aren't run like they are in high school anymore.. People make business decisions for themselves (Baron and Brand). I dont know how much clearer people have to be with you...
LMFAO, its you who sounds childish (Comparing their prearranged deal to a gay highschool affair proves this). Let me guess you think Boozer didnt have an agreement with the Cavs a few years back either huh.

EVERYONE knew about their deal, its why Baron is so pissed off now. In the real world if you lead people on about staying and forcing others to do all sorts of things in order to retain you then leaving anyways is classless. Again I woulve no problem (NONE, ZERO) had Brand just left as strictly a business arrangement. But he didnt, he played the role of hero and savior only to stab his fans in the back.

If you think players dont pair up to make things work on other teams then you havent been watching the NBA long enough.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:32 PM
yea please tell me one thing baron had to deal with ... with nelson.... u mean that he was a captin and leader of the team.. we run a free roaming O and he really had no shot restrictions.... and him getting drunk the 2nd to last game of the season..... and nelson had to bench him .. put it this way nelson has coached over 20 season .. i bet u can only name one player who has had beef with nellie and thats webber... nelson is a players coach so this is not on nellie.. ur most likley are not even a warrior fan and dont know all the details.... i personally have a close friend who is really close to mitch and i hear a lot of the **** that goes on behind close doors... trust me baron has coach issues why u think NO traded baron davis number 3 pick in tha draft for speedy claxton and dale davis? come on ... tell me one thing PLEASE!!! WHAT DID NELSON DO TO BARON:mad:
Show me the link saying Baron was drunk while playing, until then Ill hold on to my apologies

eagles520
07-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Show me the link saying Baron was drunk while playing, until then Ill hold on to my apologies

show me the quote where brand told baron he was staying and i'll apologize

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:34 PM
all i know is the sixers were in the playoffs with reggie evans as a starter last year. 6.8 ppg as a starter. so what that means is that we should get around 10-13 more a game out of our forward. thats huge

You guys will be great, probably around 10 wins better depending on the development of the youngsters and the lengths of Andre's decline. I still dont see them being better than the Clippers with Brand and Baron.

eagles520
07-09-2008, 04:35 PM
You guys will be great, probably around 10 wins better depending on the development of the youngsters and the lengths of Andre's decline. I still dont see them being better than the Clippers with Brand and Baron.

i think you're overblowing the impact baron davis has on a team.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Man can't wait to see Baron face the Sixers.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
i think you're overblowing the impact baron davis has on a team.
Doubtful, again read my thread, and that was me projecting Baron to have a slightly down year compared to last in terms of overall contributions to his position.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 04:49 PM

... like baron is going to admit it ... come on ... im guessing you are not from tha bay area because has been known rite away baron had a party him and jack missed the flight they barley made the game... and baron was dummy hung over... nelson just benched our best player for no reason in a game we needed to win to make the playoffs...

Maybe insted of disagreing with everbody on tha board that you are rite about every topic just maybe some people also now there stuff.. too... so with all due respect im done on this topic with u pimp.. i know what down warriors fans went down ... send me tha link lmao... u sound like a mayor or something like u have to see proof ask warrior fans they know whats... im done you can reply but i wont .....

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 04:51 PM

and again u said nelson did all these things to baron.. u still were unable to provide me with anything

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:51 PM
show me the quote where brand told baron he was staying and i'll apologize
I dont need one from you, but if your looking for the truth go ask Elgin Baylor. I dont need to prove anything to you when the common knowledge is that Brand told management and several NBA insiders that the only reason he opted out was to allow the Clippers to bring him some help.

The onus is on you to prove that your opinion matters more than the countless analyst/reporters/insiders aka people whos sole job in life is to report all things relevant in the NBA. Can you do that?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
and again u said nelson did all these things to baron.. u still were unable to provide me with anything
So Im guessing what you said was bull****? Was he drunk or not, if so provide the link.

Show me where I said Nelson did ALL THESE THINGS to Baron. LOL you kids these days are so quick to jump the gun, cmon man.

NastyRud
07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but didn't we (Bulls Management) say part of the reason we traded Brand in the 1st place was because of fear that he wouldn't resign with us when his contract was up? I'm pretty sure his agent at the time was David Faulk and Crumbs was worried that we would get screwed over by him for breaking up MJ & Championship Team. Maybe (if Brand did have an agreement w/ Davis) everyone should have known how shady Brand could be. Hey at the end of the day it's still a business but there is a difference between management & "friends". You tell management something it's because you want a better deal but when you tell a friend something and turn around and leave him high & dry that's something else. Wouldn't it be something if AI (the other one) left Philly to another contender?

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 04:55 PM

Truth, Chronz has demonstrated that he doesn't know much about what really went on with Baron and Brand and hes talking more from his emotions... Hes spit out so much BS claiming its fact when it really isnt..

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Chronz

thats ur post on page 6 ... post 82 .. u said major BS from tha coach... so who is jumpin tha gun... ill play ur game show me a link were he had to put up with some ****?... and u barkin up tha wrong tree im far from a kid

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:58 PM
... like baron is going to admit it ... come on ... im guessing you are not from tha bay area because has been known rite away baron had a party him and jack missed the flight they barley made the game... and baron was dummy hung over... nelson just benched our best player for no reason in a game we needed to win to make the playoffs...
It shouldnt be too hard to find a link then

Maybe insted of disagreing with everbody on tha board that you are rite about every topic just maybe some people also now there stuff.. too... so with all due respect im done on this topic with u pimp.. i know what down warriors fans went down ... send me tha link lmao... u sound like a mayor or something like u have to see proof ask warrior fans they know whats... im done you can reply but i wont .....

You really dont know the purpose of a debate. I disagree until the facts prove otherwise, Im asking you to prove me wrong yet for some reason you think Im saying you dont know ****? Thats on you man, its not like Im asking you to go out and find me the crystal skulls.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 05:01 PM
It shouldnt be too hard to find a link then

You really dont know the purpose of a debate. I disagree until the facts prove otherwise, Im asking you to prove me wrong yet for some reason you think Im saying you dont know ****? Thats on you man, its not like Im asking you to go out and find me the crystal skulls.

maybe you are not getting the picture... do u really think baron came out and said yes i was drunk? come on bro thats not gonna happen... there is no link

Chronz
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Truth, Chronz has demonstrated that he doesn't know much about what really went on with Baron and Brand and hes talking more from his emotions... Hes spit out so much BS claiming its fact when it really isnt..
The argument we're having has nothing to do with the argument you and I are having so jumping on his boat isnt going to save you from losing yours.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
maybe you are not getting the picture... do u really think baron came out and said yes i was drunk? come on bro thats not gonna happen... there is no link
Then who reported it, who is responsible for incriminating Baron. If there is no link then what are you going by? How did YOU find this out?

NastyRud
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM

They would be better because overall the East is weaker than the West. He has a better chance to make it to the playoffs in the East. Look at G.S.W's record last year and they didn't make it in but the Hawks did with a worse record.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Then who reported it, who is responsible for incriminating Baron. If there is no link then what are you going by? How did YOU find this out?

Here ********:

We were all a bit confused to see Baron Davis sitting on the bench for the entire second half of the Warriors' loss to the Suns, and rightfully so. Even though he only shot 2-13 from the field in the first half and apparently can't defend the pick and roll to save his life, you simply don't bench your team leader in a game you have to have to keep your slim playoff hopes alive. Unless there was another reason to do so.

A little comment from Paul Coro in the Arizona Republic may just tell us the real reason that Baron was benched during that critical contest:

Golden State's Baron Davis was gone. He was benched for the second half by Warriors coach Don Nelson after a 2-for-13 first half and a Sunday night birthday party in the Valley.

"I gave Baron a much-needed rest in the second half," Nelson said.

If there's any truth to this, that Baron was out partying a little too hard the night before the team's last gasp at remaining in the hunt for a playoff spot, then it's absolutely inexcusable. I know there wasn't a huge chance for the Warriors to make the playoffs even if they won out, but there was still a chance. I also know that players stay out late on a regular basis, but with the season on the line, you'd think just this once that Baron would have the sense to get to bed at a decent hour and not overdo it before what is always a high octane game against the Suns.

Let's not forget though that this Warriors team has a history -- this season -- of players partying the night before a game and then playing poorly because of it. Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington took a trip to Vegas before a game against the Lakers, and Baron went to promote his film at the Sundance Festival the night before a bad home loss to Minnesota.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 05:12 PM

so u only trust stuff u read.... lmao ... im done... im wrong its all fake ur rite im wrong baron is tha man ... nellie is a dick...

were did it come from as i told u it was reported all over the local meida... and 2nd i have never meet richmond or claim to know him but i have an older cat that is a HS basketball coach and is on a travling hoops and softball team and knows lots of raiders... and warriors he knows mitch and he did confrim this ... i dont have nothing to prove to u or anybody else... so im done dont even wast any more time on a post cuz im not replying...

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 05:13 PM
The argument we're having has nothing to do with the argument you and I are having so jumping on his boat isnt going to save you from losing yours.

No, it has everything to do with it... We are all arguing against your illogical statements and flat out BS that you claim as facts...

Oh, Im sure you'll ask me to list what you've stated but i don't have time --check out the previous 9 pages of BS postings you've typed

Chronz
07-09-2008, 05:17 PM
No, it has everything to do with it...
No were arguing about what Brand told management, and his coach (Also the state of the Sixers vs Brand). He and I are arguing over whether Baron was drunk on that night.

We are all arguing against your illogical statements and flat out BS that you claim as facts...
Your doing a very poor job of that

Oh, Im sure you'll ask me to list what you've stated but i don't have time --check out the previous 9 pages of BS postings you've typed

Sorry but if you couldnt think of a rebuttle the first time you went through them then it doesnt matter if you have the time. I could give you all week and you wouldnt prove me wrong about what WE'RE arguing about. The Baron thing was a separate less important matter.

Chronz
Here ********:

We were all a bit confused to see Baron Davis sitting on the bench for the entire second half of the Warriors' loss to the Suns, and rightfully so. Even though he only shot 2-13 from the field in the first half and apparently can't defend the pick and roll to save his life, you simply don't bench your team leader in a game you have to have to keep your slim playoff hopes alive. Unless there was another reason to do so.

A little comment from Paul Coro in the Arizona Republic may just tell us the real reason that Baron was benched during that critical contest:

Golden State's Baron Davis was gone. He was benched for the second half by Warriors coach Don Nelson after a 2-for-13 first half and a Sunday night birthday party in the Valley.

If there's any truth to this, that Baron was out partying a little too hard the night before the team's last gasp at remaining in the hunt for a playoff spot, then it's absolutely inexcusable. I know there wasn't a huge chance for the Warriors to make the playoffs even if they won out, but there was still a chance. I also know that players stay out late on a regular basis, but with the season on the line, you'd think just this once that Baron would have the sense to get to bed at a decent hour and not overdo it before what is always a high octane game against the Suns.

Let's not forget though that this Warriors team has a history -- this season -- of players partying the night before a game and then playing poorly because of it. Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington took a trip to Vegas before a game against the Lakers, and Baron went to promote his film at the Sundance Festival the night before a bad home loss to Minnesota.

LINK????

Thatruth32
Here ********:

yea i was at that home min game... dont remind me urghhhhhh lol

Chronz
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM
so u only trust stuff u read.... lmao
No I only trust credible sources

... im done... im wrong its all fake ur rite im wrong baron is tha man ... nellie is a dick...

were did it come from as i told u it was reported all over the local meida... and 2nd i have never meet richmond or claim to know him but i have an older cat that is a HS basketball coach and is on a travling hoops and softball team and knows lots of raiders... and warriors he knows mitch and he did confrim this ... i dont have nothing to prove to u or anybody else... so im done dont even wast any more time on a post cuz im not replying...

Thats on you, once again your overreacting. You have to realize how ridiculous the idea of me believing someone online just because he says so with no factual report behind him is, I wouldnt have come so far in life if I were so gullible.

still1ballin
07-09-2008, 05:24 PM
elton brand can kiss my CULO!

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 05:31 PM

Thats on you, once again your overreacting. You have to realize how ridiculous the idea of me believing someone online just because he says so with no factual report behind him is, I wouldnt have come so far in life if I were so gullible.

i can understand that my nig cuz im the same way.. dont tell me show me... and im telling u i have never read an article on this so if you are looking for written proof im wasting my time....

but do me this favor just for one min and think why nelson would pull baron out for the whole 2nd half ... he never came in one sec.. in the 2nd to last game of the season and one that was a must win game.... doesnt make scence rite ? does bellichick pull brady for no reason? does jackon pull kobe for no reason... naw something went down... and it was all over the radio ... it just makes to much scence that this went down... im guessing again u are not a warrior fan because there has been times before when jackson and baron has missed flights because of partying... can i send u a link naw... but ill tell u think i know my team i never miss a game ... so i can understand were u dont know me from the next guy aite i get it... but same goes for u sounds like u just want to argue.. all i want u to do is say this might have been possible ... i wouldnt sit here for an hour and fight with u if i didnt feel so strong about this topic.. wouldnt kill u to say aite i still dont belive u but hey maybe its possible.....

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 06:00 PM

Yeah you only trust credible sources like some rumor that brand had a deal with Baron... don't you see how many contradictions you're making? Why do you refuse to actually read the points everyone is making?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah you only trust credible sources like some rumor that brand had a deal with Baron... don't you see how many contradictions you're making? Why do you refuse to actually read the points everyone is making?
There is no contradiction, the word of mouth on Brand came from several credible sources. Anything else?

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
There is no contradiction, the word of mouth on Brand came from several credible sources. Anything else?

and they are?????

Chronz
07-09-2008, 06:23 PM
i can understand that my nig cuz im the same way.. dont tell me show me... and im telling u i have never read an article on this so if you are looking for written proof im wasting my time....

but do me this favor just for one min and think why nelson would pull baron out for the whole 2nd half ... he never came in one sec.. in the 2nd to last game of the season and one that was a must win game.... doesnt make scence rite ? does bellichick pull brady for no reason? does jackon pull kobe for no reason... naw something went down... and it was all over the radio ... it just makes to much scence that this went down... im guessing again u are not a warrior fan because there has been times before when jackson and baron has missed flights because of partying... can i send u a link naw... but ill tell u think i know my team i never miss a game ... so i can understand were u dont know me from the next guy aite i get it...
Because he was sucking, I thought it was an issue between them 2 disagreeing on what the team needed to win.

but same goes for u sounds like u just want to argue.. all i want u to do is say this might have been possible ... i wouldnt sit here for an hour and fight with u if i didnt feel so strong about this topic.. wouldnt kill u to say aite i still dont belive u but hey maybe its possible.....
I like arguing but the aggressive nature of my arguments in this thread were a result of all the name calling and personal bashing people put on me. I dont take kindly to people disrespecting me, and I definitely dont like reporting them. But believe me I dont care much for Baron, whether he ends up being a Clipper or not, the reason I didnt believe wasnt because I like Baron it was because thats how I go about my business.

And I dont know why you think I have a problem with being wrong when one of the first things I told you was if you can provide where you got your facts I would apologize.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
and they are?????
More credible than you

united41290
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
76ers top 4 in the east now

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 06:31 PM
More credible than you

exactly, your full of sh@$t..

Jahari Kavi
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
the clippers have the worst luck of any pro sports team, haha..........

XJW18
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
if i was baron i would be pi$$ed.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 06:51 PM
elton brand can kiss my CULO!

Thanks for sharing your man-love fantasies with us!

Crunchy12489
07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I was looking forward to the Clippers...

matchup for the ages: Yi vs Brand :p

Don't make me laugh.

For my love for Philadelphia, I can't let that slide.

Brand will **** on him every time... Until Elton Brand is old as Mutombo.

hockeypro68
07-09-2008, 07:00 PM

Could not have said it better myself. For so long, Brand has been one of the players I respect most, on my favorite team. Then the clippers sign Baron davis and I was ecstatic. Now we have a huge void to fill at pf...(I'm praying we can land Josh Smith). Basically though, Elton brand is a piece of garbage. I don't get why after being a clipper for almost a decade, he'd leave NOW, when the team has finally put some nice pieces together. :mad:

Chronz
07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
exactly, your full of sh@$t..
Dont care what you think remember, the onus is on you to prove your more credible than the countless, analyst and insiders. Cmon quit playing dumb, go to any thread and you'll find everyone is passing this off as common knowledge, your just so clueless you think I have to prove it to you when its you who has nobody behind him.

Conor
07-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm starting to hope Baron backs out of the Clippers deal and comes crawling back to us, so we can sign and trade him to Miami for Marion.

NastyRud
07-09-2008, 07:06 PM
They would be better because overall the East is weaker than the West. He has a better chance to make it to the playoffs in the East. Look at G.S.W's record last year and they didn't make it in but the Hawks did with a worse record.

Duh, I misread the 1st quote.

jmb8311
07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
When I was shopping for a car a few years back I made a verbal commitment that I would purchase a vehicle from a local dealer. Turns out, the next day I found a car I liked more for a better price. I took the better deal and didn't follow through on my promise. According to all of the people bashing Elton Brand I'm probably a scumbag too. I'm glad all of those people have never gone against their word, especially with one of the biggest decisions of their lives. I don't know his personal life but I'm going to assume Brand has a family. While I'm sure he could have a great life on what the Clippers offered him he had the right to cash in on the bigger contract opportunity while he could. Anybody who says they wouldn't have taken the offer for however many extra millions the Sixers offered him that the Clippers didn't are fools. His name wasn't signed in ink, it's a business, he made the business move. Maybe it was the money, maybe it was the fact he'll still be the #1 option, maybe it was location, who knows? I don't know what his decision making process was, so I for one am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bizle14
07-09-2008, 07:08 PM

What would you guys want from the Kings for Kirk? How much does he make?

babalu69
07-09-2008, 07:17 PM
man whats with players with no loyalty? Traded for ur *** and signed you, built the team around you. Then you **** on them and leave to go and play suckier competiton on the east. I hate thoose type of guys that try to act like a stand up guy then back stabs. Made the clippers go around in loops. Elton Brand is a disgrace, money grubbing douche.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Could not have said it better myself. For so long, Brand has been one of the players I respect most, on my favorite team. Then the clippers sign Baron davis and I was ecstatic. Now we have a huge void to fill at pf...(I'm praying we can land Josh Smith). Basically though, Elton brand is a piece of garbage. I don't get why after being a clipper for almost a decade, he'd leave NOW, when the team has finally put some nice pieces together. :mad:

If Brand wanted the money he'd go to the Warriors who were offering 10 mill more than the Sixers and 15 more than the Clips.

If u watched brands press conference he stated that the Clippers execs said they would be just as happy letting him go as keeping him.

so he felt disrespected by that, and came to philly.

Skins4Life
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Lost most of my respect for Brand...:pity: I feel bad 4 Baron Davis

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm starting to hope Baron backs out of the Clippers deal and comes crawling back to us, so we can sign and trade him to Miami for Marion.

I sure hope that doesn't happen :no:

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 07:35 PM
If Brand wanted the money he'd go to the Warriors who were offering 10 mill more than the Sixers and 15 more than the Clips.

So the Warriors offered him $26.4 million, and the Clippers $31.4 million?

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Actually I'm waiting for the announcement Davis has officially backed out of signing the Clippers deal.

JAZZNC
07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
What's with all the idiots jumping on the "Brand is classless" bandwagon? He did nothing wrong whatsoever. He had the choice between teams and certain deals, that's the advantage of working your *** off every year to get better and be a star in the NBA. That way when you're a FREE AGENT you can sign with whoever you want and that's what he did. He signed with the team that he, himself, Elton Brand wanted to sign with and for the amount of money that he wanted to sign for. Anybody who thinks it's classless or disrespectful is a moron. He did everything he could for the Clippers and what have they done in return for him? They're a pitiful excuse of an organization and he was traded there and actually signed with them when he first became a free agent and he decided to leave when that contract was done, get over it guys. He's a great guy and he's not on a very, very good team.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
When I was shopping for a car a few years back I made a verbal commitment that I would purchase a vehicle from a local dealer. Turns out, the next day I found a car I liked more for a better price. I took the better deal and didn't follow through on my promise. According to all of the people bashing Elton Brand I'm probably a scumbag too. I'm glad all of those people have never gone against their word, especially with one of the biggest decisions of their lives. I don't know his personal life but I'm going to assume Brand has a family. While I'm sure he could have a great life on what the Clippers offered him he had the right to cash in on the bigger contract opportunity while he could. Anybody who says they wouldn't have taken the offer for however many extra millions the Sixers offered him that the Clippers didn't are fools. His name wasn't signed in ink, it's a business, he made the business move. Maybe it was the money, maybe it was the fact he'll still be the #1 option, maybe it was location, who knows? I don't know what his decision making process was, so I for one am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Now thats a dumb analogy, but one I could use.

Did you tell the car dealer that you would buy his car if he suped it up, and in this situation the car dealer is broke so in order to do that he had to sell alot of spare parts to get the part you wanted and after fixing the car just the way you wanted you chose the other car. If so then yes that would make you a scum bag.

Its hard to say hes trash but he acted like a douche, Brand shouldve just left and never had said a word, at least then I could respect him as a person/player and root for him, but he used the Clippers and he stabbed his close friend in the back.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 07:50 PM
What's with all the idiots jumping on the "Brand is classless" bandwagon? He did nothing wrong whatsoever. He had the choice between teams and certain deals, that's the advantage of working your *** off every year to get better and be a star in the NBA. That way when you're a FREE AGENT you can sign with whoever you want and that's what he did. He signed with the team that he, himself, Elton Brand wanted to sign with and for the amount of money that he wanted to sign for. Anybody who thinks it's classless or disrespectful is a moron. He did everything he could for the Clippers and what have they done in return for him? They're a pitiful excuse of an organization and he was traded there and actually signed with them when he first became a free agent and he decided to leave when that contract was done, get over it guys. He's a great guy and he's not on a very, very good team.

Your an idiot if you think thats all that happened

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Dont care what you think remember, the onus is on you to prove your more credible than the countless, analyst and insiders. Cmon quit playing dumb, go to any thread and you'll find everyone is passing this off as common knowledge, your just so clueless you think I have to prove it to you when its you who has nobody behind him.

Im not playing dumb. Im sure they did have a hand shake, but your calling other people out for their sources that are common knowledge and you cant do the same.. You keep proving my point with your hypocritical-thoughtless rebuttals, countering peoples arguments with ones that make no sense to anyone. You're arguing just to argue. You make up complete lies about what happened with Baron and cant acknowledge that Brand did the same thing to the Clippers...

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:04 PM
any clippers fans should blame it on their idiot owner because according to the agent of elton brand during the news conference, the owner said heres a number and we're not negotiating it. he made himself unavailable and a source within the team told him he'd be just as happy if brand didnt sign the contract as he would if he did. so dont blame it on elton brand, he didnt go where the most money was. he went where he felt the most comfortable with the organization. he liked the fact that the sixers were commited to winning and commited to give all the money they possibly could to secure him

Bubba17
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Exactly what is classless? Baron opted out of his contract knowing that it was only the Clippers he could go too. The Sixers had Andre Miller, Memphis is saving it's money, and the Clippers were the only team left. Yes, I'm sure playing with Elton was a bonus, but he went there because thats where he is from and he wants to get into the movie business also.

Elton probably said he wanted to stay with the Clippers because there was no one else besides GS and why go there when you can play with Baron and stay with the Clips. But in a last minute thing, the Sixers traded away some players to make room and offered him a better contract then what they did before. The Sixers have a better chance of going to the Finals then the Clips would in the tough West and they are closer to his home which is New York. I'm sure he didn't think the Sixers would offer anything but when they did, this is obviously where he wanted to be.

The NBA is about business. I know if i could go to a team where my friend was, or to a team where my family is and that has a better chance in the playoffs, i would pick the latter. So saying Baron only came because of Brand is false. It was reported he wanted to go home and get in movies/acting and LA was the place.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure why there are some people who so desperately want to dispute the fact Brand gave his word to Clippers management, and that he did something similar in regard to Baron Davis.

It is pretty much "common knowledge" that he did, and that he backstabbed all of them by suddenly agreeing to a deal with the Sixers.

I like Brand a lot, and the last thing I want to do is talk bad about him, but what he just did is nothing more than a classless disappointing move.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Exactly what is classless? Baron opted out of his contract knowing that it was only the Clippers he could go too. The Sixers had Andre Miller, Memphis is saving it's money, and the Clippers were the only team left. Yes, I'm sure playing with Elton was a bonus, but he went there because thats where he is from and he wants to get into the movie business also.

Elton probably said he wanted to stay with the Clippers because there was no one else besides GS and why go there when you can play with Baron and stay with the Clips. But in a last minute thing, the Sixers traded away some players to make room and offered him a better contract then what they did before. The Sixers have a better chance of going to the Finals then the Clips would in the tough West and they are closer to his home which is New York. I'm sure he didn't think the Sixers would offer anything but when they did, this is obviously where he wanted to be.

The NBA is about business. I know if i could go to a team where my friend was, or to a team where my family is and that has a better chance in the playoffs, i would pick the latter. So saying Baron only came because of Brand is false. It was reported he wanted to go home and get in movies/acting and LA was the place.

Thank you this is what im trying to tell this kid Chronz... The argument isnt, Brand going back on his word to the Clippers or not.. Who cares? This is a business but Clippers fans refuse to accept this was the same situation as Barons

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Im not playing dumb. Im sure they did have a hand shake, but your calling other people out for their sources that are common knowledge and you cant do the same.. You keep proving my point with your hypocritical-thoughtless rebuttals, countering peoples arguments with ones that make no sense to anyone. You're arguing just to argue. You make up complete lies about what happened with Baron and cant acknowledge that Brand did the same thing to the Clippers...
Your not playing, so then its just pure ignorance, what lie did I make up about Baron?

Ive proven none of your points because Baron being drunk for that game wasnt common knowledge and I could easily provide the links its just that you think the situations are similar, which they are not because EVERYONE knows about the deal him and Baron had. It was all over the media, meanwhile the Baron game was reported from what? You havent even provided the link for it and Truth said he heard it on a the LOCAL news station. Look up the word hypocritical, it doesnt match this scenario.

Brand forced managements hand, but its not all his fault, he felt disrespected by the fact that the Clippers couldnt offer the same money until Philly shed those extra dollars. Thats fine but I thought it wasnt all about the money for Elton, and then his agent wouldnt return Baylors calls and according to Elton HIMSELF, his agent told him that Sterling could not be reached. Thing is when you pull all these strings and then leave them hanging at the end, its classless. Simple as that, Ill await your next ignorant post

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure why there are some people who so desperately want to dispute the fact Brand gave his word to Clippers management, and that he did something similar in regard to Baron Davis.

It is pretty much "common knowledge" that he did, and that he backstabbed all of them by suddenly agreeing to a deal with the Sixers.

I like Brand a lot, and the last thing I want to do is talk bad about him, but what he just did is nothing more than a classless disappointing move.

again listen to the press conference. the clippers disrespected him by not negotiating with him at all. i dont know why you're disputing it. stop ignoring the facts which are someone high in the organization said he'd be just as happy if elton left as he would if he stayed. would that be somewhere where you wanted to work everyday?

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Your not playing, so then its just pure ignorance, what lie did I make up about Baron?

Ive proven none of your points because Baron being drunk for that game wasnt common knowledge and I could easily provide the links its just that you think the situations are similar, which they are not because EVERYONE knows about the deal him and Baron had. It was all over the media, meanwhile the Baron game was reported from what? You havent even provided the link for it and Truth said he heard it on a the LOCAL news station. Look up the word hypocritical, it doesnt match this scenario.

Brand forced managements hand, but its not all his fault, he felt disrespected by the fact that the Clippers couldnt offer the same money until Philly shed those extra dollars. Thats fine but I thought it wasnt all about the money for Elton, and then his agent wouldnt return Baylors calls and according to Elton HIMSELF, his agent told him that Sterling could not be reached. Thing is when you pull all these strings and then leave them hanging at the end, its classless. Simple as that, Ill await your next ignorant post

once again, this ****** is missing the point

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
any clippers fans should blame it on their idiot owner because according to the agent of elton brand during the news conference, the owner said heres a number and we're not negotiating it. he made himself unavailable and a source within the team told him he'd be just as happy if brand didnt sign the contract as he would if he did. so dont blame it on elton brand, he didnt go where the most money was. he went where he felt the most comfortable with the organization. he liked the fact that the sixers were commited to winning and commited to give all the money they possibly could to secure him
Sterling matched the offer, but the agent made himself unavailable. Brand went for the money, even though he claims he didnt. Loose Cannons even asked Brand if he heard about that and he said something about Miami's offer from like 4 years ago, which had totally nothing to do with the situation. Its clear Brand doesnt know what was going on, his agent was the one pulling the strings from day one.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM

Clippers matched the offer......

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Sterling matched the offer, but the agent made himself unavailable. Brand went for the money, even though he claims he didnt. Loose Cannons even asked Brand if he heard about that and he said something about Miami's offer from like 4 years ago, which had totally nothing to do with the situation. Its clear Brand doesnt know what was going on, his agent was the one pulling the strings from day one.

you misheard that because i watched the news conference live and sterling made himself unavailable not the agent clown.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Thank you this is what im trying to tell this kid Chronz... The argument isnt, Brand going back on his word to the Clippers or not.. Who cares? This is a business but Clippers fans refuse to accept this was the same situation as Barons
LMFAO, yea who cares about your word. Who cares about ****ing with your franchise and turning your back on all of your fans whove supported you, your entire career.

Your a disgrace, keep jumping on everyones boat, your still going down. Whats funny is that I refuted that entire paragraph with 1 sentence. Cmon guys this is too easy. You cant change the truth, and the facts are he betrayed the Clippers and Baron. Remember when Brand said he wanted the Clips to do a Celtic type thing where everyone sacrafices for the greater good, well turns out Brand was full of ****.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 08:18 PM
again listen to the press conference. the clippers disrespected him by not negotiating with him at all. i dont know why you're disputing it. stop ignoring the facts which are someone high in the organization said he'd be just as happy if elton left as he would if he stayed. would that be somewhere where you wanted to work everyday?

Can you provide a link to the press conference where those things were said?

I'd want to hear exactly in what way those words were said. If someone really said those things like being presented here, saying they'd be just as happy if he left, that's awfully dumb and unprofessional. ******** even. I can't imagine someone with such a position at a team would be so unprofessional, but I'll go listen to the press conference if I get a link.

And was that comment after or before Brand was reported to have suddenly agreed to the Sixers deal? The timing would make a lot of difference.

The thing is: Brand (or any player for that matter) should have never given his word to anyone in the first place, but keep all options open instead. We all see the results of what could happen when you do.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
you misheard that because i watched the news conference live and sterling made himself unavailable not the agent clown.
So then why did Sterling match the offer? Dimwit

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
but i dont really care. i laugh in the face of clippers fans because regardless of how much you hate elton brand, what does he care? the fans are much better for basketball now and a team thats commited to winning. his bad hes a top 5 forward in the league and doesnt wanna waste his whole career in arguably one of the worst organizations in the entire league. maybe you guys should stop being bitter and move on and worry about how pathetic your team's gonna be. the best part is baron will opt out now and he had a verbal agreement with numbers and everything haha so we'll see what people will be calling him

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Hahaha thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, Sterling did everything Brand wanted just so he could be happy if he left. Your bordering on insanity now.

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
So then why did Sterling match the offer? Dimwit

please tell me where you heard this..i would love to see a quote brother

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3480691 read it

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm open to change my mind here, but I need a link to that press conference, and know the timing of it.

At the moment everything points to Brand doing exactly what Boozer did years ago.

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Last week, Brand opted out of his contract with the Clippers, but Los Angeles was expected to make a strong push to re-sign him. Instead, he spurned the Clippers once agent David Falk said he was offered a "take it or leave it" contract on June 30. The deal was nearly $20 million less than what Brand signed for in Philadelphia.

haha whoever said elton is a sellout is a loser. a 20 million dollar difference and you want him to stay? give me a break

Jay22Redd
07-09-2008, 08:24 PM

LOL THATS MESSED UP

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
but i dont really care. i laugh in the face of clippers fans because regardless of how much you hate elton brand, what does he care?
Its not so much about the fans than it is about his character. And yes I bet you laugh in the face of the Clipper fans, your so bad ooooooh

the fans are much better for basketball now
What the **** does that even mean

and a team thats commited to winning
The Clippers have been committed to winning for awhile now

. his bad hes a top 5 forward in the league and doesnt wanna waste his whole career in arguably one of the worst organizations in the entire league. maybe you guys should stop being bitter and move on and worry about how pathetic your team's gonna be. the best part is baron will opt out now and he had a verbal agreement with numbers and everything haha so we'll see what people will be calling him
Your insecurities are starting to show, Baron opted out awhile back ******. And I hope he doesnt sign with us, its pointless if Brand isnt here, and we wont be bashing him, its not his fault Brand has no class.

jsand3030
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM

This guy cant come up with any quote.. he just spits out crap and contradicts himself.. Hes disgusted with Brand now but isn't with Davis for doing the same thing... He just doesn't get it..

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Do your own monkey work, go to the Clipper form.

eagles520
just read the story on espn everyone i'll provide the link again http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3480691

if you want the facts there they are. the clippers organization is a joke no questions asked.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
that sucks but Baron...clippers have a nice future...you should stay with them.

lol.. nice future? your kidding right?

Chronz
This guy cant come up with any quote.. he just spits out crap and contradicts himself.. Hes disgusted with Brand now but isn't with Davis for doing the same thing... He just doesn't get it..

What a surprise your wrong, AGAIN.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:29 PM
just read the story on espn everyone i'll provide the link again http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3480691

if you want the facts there they are. the clippers organization is a joke no questions asked.

There is soo much more to the story than that, the Clippers organization is shrewd.

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:29 PM
the fact remains. if you were offered 20 million dollars less by one team that refused to negotiate with you what would you do?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:30 PM
the fact remains. if you were offered 20 million dollars less by one team that refused to negotiate with you what would you do?

They matched the offer and were desperately trying to reach Brand.

eagles520
07-09-2008, 08:31 PM
again where are your facts about the story. sorry i'm gonna believe elton brands agent over your word brother

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
again where are your facts about the story. sorry i'm gonna believe elton brands agent over your word brother
Go to the Clipper form, its all over there. You can believe anyone you want, Im perfectly content knowing ALL of the FACTS.

Besides according to Brand it wasnt about the money, it was about respect. Apparently the Clippers giving up the rights to all of their players and signing the guy he wanted wasnt enough respect.

Just admit it Brand, you never wanted to be here, you wanted to go home.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3480691 read it

This:
Falk said the greater insult came when he was told that Clippers owner Donald Sterling said he would be happy with the 29-year-old Brand's decision either way. is a little vague of course. "was told" "said"

But this:
David Falk said he was offered a "take it or leave it" contract on June 30. The deal was nearly $20 million less than what Brand signed for in Philadelphia. seems to add up to it to make it seem like Brand was lowballed if it is true.

However none of us knows if Brand or/and his agent didn't have an agreement about for what kind of money he would resign once he opten out (it seems probably not). Brand himself says in the video he agreed to opt out and resign for less than he could get elsewhere if it meant the Clippers would be able to upgrade the team. That's one of the things where expectations and communication might have gone wrong.

The history of doing business the Clippers owner has doesn't speak in his favor though, so I tend to believe Brand really was lowballed.

I do feel better about Brand now, but still I have the feeling some people messed up communicating all over the place here.

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
i'm perfectly content with elton brand on the SIXERS woooooooo god that will never get old hearing that. i love that clippers fans are so bitter and i love the fact that elton brand chose the sixers over the clippers if what you're saying is true. i just love everything about the guy right now. i cant complain about anything and i cant wait to see him play in a sixers uniform. its a sucky day to be a clippers fan. all they can do is wine and cry i loveeee it

how them eagles doin

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure why Brand thinks the Sixers have a better young nucleus than Golden State though.

I like the Warriors' young nucleus much better. Brand on the Warriors would have made them a real good team Imo.

07MVPPatBurrell
07-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Elton Brand is a dumbass

yeah.... because he did what he wanted to do. obviously he is stupid cause he doesn't agree with some kid.

07MVPPatBurrell
07-09-2008, 08:50 PM
how them eagles doin

better than the football team in LA.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:57 PM
i'm perfectly content with elton brand on the SIXERS woooooooo god that will never get old hearing that. i love that clippers fans are so bitter and i love the fact that elton brand chose the sixers over the clippers if what you're saying is true. i just love everything about the guy right now. i cant complain about anything and i cant wait to see him play in a sixers uniform. its a sucky day to be a clippers fan. all they can do is wine and cry i loveeee it
LOL ok guy your getting too immature now. Congrats on enjoying our misery. Again Im not saddened by him leaving, Im disgusted at the way he left us. I might be living in the moment because its hard for me to diss Brand after all the years of loyalty, but after hearing his interview I do get the sense that he didnt have as much Clipper pride as many people thought he did. He seems really lost on the business aspect of basketball and its obvious that hes just another athlete.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
This: is a little vague of course. "was told" "said"

But this: seems to add up to it to make it seem like Brand was lowballed if it is true.

However none of us knows if Brand or/and his agent didn't have an agreement about for what kind of money he would resign once he opten out (it seems probably not). Brand himself says in the video he agreed to opt out and resign for less than he could get elsewhere if it meant the Clippers would be able to upgrade the team. That's one of the things where expectations and communication might have gone wrong.

The history of doing business the Clippers owner has doesn't speak in his favor though, so I tend to believe Brand really was lowballed.

I do feel better about Brand now, but still I have the feeling some people messed up communicating all over the place here.

I thought it wasnt about the money with Brand, how could he expect them to come up with all of it? They had to renounce so many of their players just to do what Brand wanted. Clipper were able to clear out enough to offer Brand 75Million, the Sixers offered 80Million. The Clippers did what Brand wanted, the Sixers just outbid them and showed more "LOVE" according to Brand.

Whatever man, if you feel better about Brand so be it, all I know is that Ill never think of him in the same way, even if I wasnt a clipper fan, the way he left and played with the franchise is unjust.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Whatever man, if you feel better about Brand so be it, all I know is that Ill never think of him in the same way, even if I wasnt a clipper fan, the way he left and played with the franchise is unjust.

I still think both sides are at fault for flawed communication, but it is not as one-sided as I first thought.

All of this being settled in just a couple of days remains odd to me. If both sides truly wanted to work things out they'd be spending more time doing so.

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
better than the football team in LA.

not by much

Leftcoast_yg
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
What goes around comes around, enjoy L.A. on a losing team Baron!

i think the clippers are still a good team if they get BD
Baron
Mobley/Gordon
Al Thornton
Josh Smith? or Okafor???/Tim Thomas
Kaman
but i lost all respect for brand, he ended up being selfish and not about a team captain went for more money and a team that will require him to do more, because if he was with the clipps he would have baron to kick out to but now he's just gonna have to fing iggy who is not a good shooter, he could make shots but needs to put up 3 to make one from the outside.

Ballstar1982
07-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Reason 1 (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com/2008/07/real-los-angeles-clippers-return.html), and Reason 2 (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com/2008/07/baron-davis-is-damn-fool.html) that the the Clippers and Baron Davis lost in this one. The Clips look bad for not planning ahead. I think baron is a fool for signing with a team with so much uncertainty, and he looks bad if he backs out at this point. If in fact Brand said he would resign, I would be hot if I were Davis as well. Not a Clippers fan but I hate to see them fall apart like this. Thank God for an interesting offseason.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I can't blame him what Brand did was low..:down::no:

Chronz
07-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I just saw the ESPN interview with him, gotta say Brand is a very convincing person. Do we believe that Baron feels betrayed because if he does then its the telltale sign of Brand doing the Clippers a disservice, or do we believe that Donald Sterling (The guy who went hard after Kobe, Ray Allen just to build a winner around him) would suddenly be OK with him leaving.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Reason 1 (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com/2008/07/real-los-angeles-clippers-return.html), and Reason 2 (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com/2008/07/baron-davis-is-damn-fool.html) that the the Clippers and Baron Davis lost in this one. The Clips look bad for not planning ahead. I think baron is a fool for signing with a team with so much uncertainty, and he looks bad if he backs out at this point. If in fact Brand said he would resign, I would be hot if I were Davis as well. Not a Clippers fan but I hate to see them fall apart like this. Thank God for an interesting offseason.
SPAMBOT? Ill read your blogs later but why have 2 of them?

BH-Sports
07-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Can i just say Brand is a loser? Sixers suck?

They arnt even going to make the playoffs. Watch. if 1 person gets injured. They will have like 10 game loosing streak. Their whole line up is like that because their bench is just so bad. IGGY IS SOOOOO OVERRATED. So is BRAND

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 11:52 PM
while brand is not overrated, iggy is, they got hot last year and congrats to the 6ers for that, but i am still not convinced.

the clips would have been a better team then the 6ers.

clips
1. baron davis
2. mobley or gordon
3. thornton
5 kaman

76ers
1. miller
2. iggy
3. thaddius
5. samuel

clippers have a better point in baron, a better sf in al thornton ( this one can be disputable, maybe) and a better center in chris kaman (17 and 13)

the only thing the 6ers are better at is the 2 guard in iggy.

the clips bench is better too. congrats to the 6ers for getting brand bc he is a good player, but i still can not put my head around why he would choose them. yeah the east is easier, but no way they are better then the celtics, the piston, the magic, the raptors, or possibly even the cavs.

you guys are probably just going to say that i am bitter, because i am, but this is not a flaming comment, i really just dont get it.

AllTheWay
07-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Wouldnt it be poetic if the Clippers gave Andre I. a HUGE offer sheet and the
76ers don't match? I would be in heaven with all the controversy

HipSlappyJoe
07-10-2008, 12:14 AM
the sixers will match any offer for iguodala. Ed Snider and Peter Luuko arent cheap.

AllTheWay
07-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Hhahahaha who cares, it would be lovely

ink
07-10-2008, 01:02 AM
First of all, I have to say that I'm not a Baron Davis fan. Never have been. I think it's pretty funny actually. Apparently he has no sense of irony about himself. He betrays the Warriors by abandoning them for the Clippers, and then he feels "betrayed" because Brand opts to go with a team that's on the rise - the 76ers. I think it looks good on Davis. Tough luck dude. That's free agency.

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 01:11 AM
First of all, I have to say that I'm not a Baron Davis fan. Never have been. I think it's pretty funny actually. Apparently he has no sense of irony about himself. He betrays the Warriors by abandoning them for the Clippers, and then he feels "betrayed" because Brand opts to go with a team that's on the rise - the 76ers. I think it looks good on Davis. Tough luck dude. That's free agency.

in the case of baron its not just and open and shut case. its been said that he was offered nothing from them.

borat
07-10-2008, 02:05 AM

Uh yeah. Except the Warriors really didn't care if he stayed.

ink
07-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Uh yeah. Except the Warriors really didn't care if he stayed.

Please explain. Why the hype then around Davis??

JAZZNC
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Your an idiot if you think thats all that happened

That is all that happened. He became a free agent and he signed with the team of his choice. That is all that happened. Yes there may have been "words" and "discussions" about him staying and if Baron came he'd stay but hell that was before the offers started coming in and we all know what words are meaningless anymore. You can say something and then situations CHANGE, things CHANGE, and then accordingly everybody's perception of what was going to happen didn't come to fruition. But hey, if you want to call him classless and call me an idiot that's fine with me, it isn't going to change a thing and anybody with a brain in their head wouldn't think any different about Brand than they did before. He gave his all for that team and that's all you can ask of a guy is play your heart out while you're with us and if it doesn't work out well.....that's business. Remember this isn't 1st grade rec league basketball where you worry about little kids feelings, these are grown men and they shouldn't be getting butt hurt over another grown mans decision.

There is a little saying that goes "Friends are friends and business is business". I think that holds true here. Does anybody think that Duncan would have been so loyal to the Spurs if they had only got to the playoffs 1 time in his stay? Don't think so.