PDA

View Full Version : IF Favre is released do we even want him?!

rico
07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
I say HELL YES! but i wanted to put a poll to see what everyone else says.

Its been a GREAT year for chicago, AND a lucky year. Bulls got #1 pick. Sox and cubs are both leading in their divisions and top 5-6 teams in the whole mlb.
I think getting Farve would put the icing on the cake.

(oh and bulls making playoffs and a world series of sox vs cubs lol)

4favre4
07-09-2008, 10:51 AM
YOU WILL NOT GET HIM. he wouldn't play for the bears nor would he play for any other team unless he had to. He will most likely be in Greenbay but if not I can asure you it wont be with the bears.

azbearfan
07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, being a long time Bear fan this could get ugly.
I HATE Favre as a Packer.
But as a BEAR?
We would be a possible top team IMO, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
All the times he made us look bad are still fresh in my memory.
It would be cool to stick it to the Pack with a sweep using their "Man", but I have to say it would be hard to see Brett in a Bears uniform.
I SAY HELL NO!!!

dabears34ft
07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Well, being a long time Bear fan this could get ugly.
I HATE Favre as a Packer.
But as a BEAR?
We would be a possible top team IMO, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
All the times he made us look bad are still fresh in my memory.
It would be cool to stick it to the Pack with a sweep using their "Man", but I have to say it would be hard to see Brett in a Bears uniform.
I SAY HELL NO!!!

I hate favre as a packer and a bear killer, but if you think about it, he was owning us in the 90's. Last time I checked the bears were garbage the majority of the 90's. Since Lovie has been our coach, we own the packers, so lets leave the past in the past and woo Favre to Chicago. I mean who better to play in cold weather late in the year than a guy who made his career at Lambeau Field. I'll welcome him with open arms. I mean I know Edmonds is no Favre, but I never wanted to see him in a cubs jersey, but he has been great for our cubbies.

Fuselage
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
There's no freaking way Farve un-retires & then goes somewhere other than GB. The only reason this is even a topic is because there is zilch going on in the NFL right now.

cambovenzi
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
i think you have to look at him if it is an option, but i dont see him putting up great #'s here. nor do i see him wanting to come here.
and he is brett favre. a packer. hell no.

MGB
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
There's no freaking way Farve un-retires & then goes somewhere other than GB. The only reason this is even a topic is because there is zilch going on in the NFL right now.

well if he does come out of retirement, the best thing for the organization would be to do one of 2 things:

a. trade him
b. release him

If he's released, you can bet the Bears and Vikes will be knocking down his door to get to him. It'd improve teh team and good for PR.

DeShaun Brown
07-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Hell yeah! He's a lot better than any QB on our roster and it would be nice to rub it in the faces of Packers fans.

South Sided
07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Hell Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Soop
07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
IF it was to happen, we would be stupid not to attempt to land him. He gives us a better chance of winning and his leadership would do wonders for our offense. Think about it guys, if we have him not only does it make our team better but it stops the Vikings from getting the missing link they need. It also destroys our other competitor in the Packers. That whole team would spin in a whirlwind as we dance to the post season.

Bulldog76
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
IF it was to happen, we would be stupid not to attempt to land him. He gives us a better chance of winning and his leadership would do wonders for our offense. Think about it guys, if we have him not only does it make our team better but it stops the Vikings from getting the missing link they need. It also destroys our other competitor in the Packers. That whole team would spin in a whirlwind as we dance to the post season.

I couldn't imagine if Minnesota got him...they would be a favorite in the NFC

Now, do I think Favre would come to the Bears...no...they aren't ready to make a run at a title...

Would I like to see him, I don't know...at this point is he much better than what we have...take into consideration the offensive line he would play behind and the uncertainty in the running game...he would have to take a lot more on his shoulders.

Now as a fan of sports, I always hate to see the Joe Namath, Jerry Rice, Reggie White's of the world make a name and career for themselves somewhere and then hang on just a little too long...

While I would love to see Favre play somewhere else to agonize Packer fans, I just don't know if I want to see him struggle for any team...He is a Packer, and I do hate Green Bay...but I do have to acknowledge his career as special and tarnishing it wouldn't do me any good.

Send him to Minnesota, it hurts Green Bay and gives Favre a run at a title...

Shardik17
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
NO, and not because he's an artifact.

...it's because he's a Packer.

Forget about all this Favre crap. The only team he can play for is Greenbay.

...and they don't want him.

Jimi032890
07-10-2008, 11:43 AM
yes because i want a Favre Bears jersey

ackar
07-10-2008, 12:04 PM
The question is not if We as fans would want him most logical fans would even if it is only for two years. But the bears front office are morons they too in love with orton and grossman. Because signing Favre would admit that those two sucks hell signing any other QB would say the same thing.

Bulldog76
07-10-2008, 01:08 PM
NO, and not because he's an artifact.
...it's because he's a Packer.
Forget about all this Favre crap. The only team he can play for is Greenbay.
...and they don't want him.

That isn't exactly a good standard to set...

Would you have recommended the Bears pass on Barry Sanders if he had decided to come back for another team?

What about Steve McMichael and Jim McMahon? Do they hold less of a place in your mind because they played for Green Bay? Was Dorsey Levens a bad bear because he came from Green Bay? (although he did suck in Chicago)

What about Chad Clifton, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Aaron Kampman, Charles Woodson, Al Harris or AJ Hawk...Would you reject them as well from coming to Chicago because they elected to or were chosen to play for Green Bay????

Personally, I think you are making this rivalry out to be more than it is... In modern sports, it isn't like these guys are anything more than paid mercanaries who travel from town to town and collect their pay...Do you think Tommie Harris or Lance Briggs would have turned down a contract from Green Bay if it was for more money than the Bears offered??? Doubt it...

Frankly, there are more teams that I dislike greater than Green Bay anyway... Minnesota is seemingly full of troublemakers and thugs...The Redskins and Dan Snyder remind me of Steinbrenner's way of building a team and Dallas has always been a team full of trouble makers/rebel roussers and social delinquents...and Indianapolis beat us in the Super Bowl, which still pisses me off...

Bulldog76
07-10-2008, 01:09 PM
yes because i want a Favre Bears jersey

LOL...that would be a fun jersey to wear to any Packer game in the future and would really sting the cheeseheads.

Mr Wonderful
07-10-2008, 01:27 PM
YOU WILL NOT GET HIM. he wouldn't play for the bears nor would he play for any other team unless he had to. He will most likely be in Greenbay but if not I can asure you it wont be with the bears.

Damn rube homer, "if he had to"? Oh, he'll have to...no way Green Bay brings him back to start, and there is no way he'd ride the pine IF he were to go back to Green Bay.

:moon::shush:

Max Power
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Favre throwing left handed at age 50 will still be a better QB than the clowns the Bears are going to throw out there. If he is available and they don't inquire, the entire football operations department should be fired.

Soop
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Send him to Minnesota, it hurts Green Bay and gives Favre a run at a title...

Let's send him to the our rival in the North which is already the favorite so he has a chance to get another ring. That makes alot of sense. :rolleyes:

ActionJaxon
07-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd buy a Favre Bears Jersey hahah

Shardik17
07-10-2008, 03:21 PM
That isn't exactly a good standard to set...

I know, I know. I was just using some unsuccessful Bearfan humor.

The real reason I wouldn't want him, and this is strictly my opinion, is he'd mess up our team.

The cohesion and comraderie that goes hand in hand with real rivalries would be turned upside down. I understand that this is a business and ultimately money rules the game, however, I think that Bearfan Nation would be split and it would create a shockwave of non-support for him.
The media frenzy alone would be almost unbearable. (no pun intended)

There have been many players that have gone from one team to the other, but this would be different. Yes, I know he's the almighty Brett Favre and all his stats say he the man, but I think the fact that he IS Brett Favre would seriously detract from him being able to efficiently run this team.

Plus Greenbay would ask the world for his contract. Who you gonna give up for an instant hall of famer?

Speaking of, even if he did play with the Bears for a year or two, he'd still go into the hall as a Packer.

...and I know I'm gonna take beating for this but,

I really don't think he'd be better for our team than the guys we got right now. Uh oh, did I really just say that?

You betcha.

Face it. Favre's washed. His best years are behind him. Last year took a toll on him and he's no spring chicken anymore. Teams are getting to him more and he can't handle the weather like he use to. It's only a matter of time before the Terminator pops a gasket. In his case, an acl or something.

Everyone knows it was Greenbay's defense that got them where they were last year. He knows the Packers have a good defense and he wants back in to see if they can ride that wave again this year. But, it's a moot point because the Pack are not letting him out and he won't play for them either.

Time to go fishin'

Let the beatings begin.

dikimbemutumbo
07-10-2008, 04:16 PM
this seems like edmonds to the cubs at a lesser extent...

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Favre will be better than Grossman when he's dead. If Favre becomes available Lovie should have his mouth around his sack before the ink dries.

MGB
07-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Favre will be better than Grossman when he's dead. If Favre becomes available Lovie should have his mouth around his sack before the ink dries.

:laugh:

:nod:

cubsbears1225
07-11-2008, 01:25 AM
someone needs to consolidate all of these favre threads

cubsbears1225
07-11-2008, 01:26 AM
Whats funny is that someone may say no to Favre and say yes to Orton...lol some people really amaze me

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-11-2008, 11:11 AM
LOL...that would be a fun jersey to wear to any Packer game in the future and would really sting the cheeseheads.

I know a guy who still has the Farve jersey from his ATL days and rocks it.

Swish-Cab-Ob
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
What better options do we have? Yes, I would take him with open arms...

Wrigleyboy25
07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
You guys should do everything possible to get him.

ry31walsh
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
According to ESPN Farve wrote a letter to the packers asking for his release. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521
To me this probable means he will play next year and not with the packers.

As a Bears fan I should hate Farve but I don't. Outside of the times I cursed him as he killed the Bears hes probable my favorite QB of all time to watch. He always played the game right, like a little kid and I loved that about him. Even if you hate Farve with a passion I can't see any Bears fan not respecting him.

With that said I would love the move. As many question marks as there is Farve would help out a lot. Outside of Booker all the WRs are really young, next oldest is Lloyd at 26, though not sure how old Davis is but you get the point. Would help Hester develope much quicker IMO. Would also help Forte since teams couldn't stack the line.

It does look like Farve will play next year and not on the Packers according to article. Hes not going to want to be the backup. What teams right now can he play for and win the job easily and have a shot at the playoffs. Looking at the teams I would say in order from best team IMO I would go Vikings, Raven, Bears, Bills, Lions, chiefs, 49ers, Jets, Falcons and Dolphins. Possible Arizona, Texans, Carolina, Washington , but not likely IMO.

CuseDude87
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Get. Favre. Now.

4cubs
07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm 70% convinced the Bears do not have the QB of their future currently on their roster.

That being the case, we are just buying time until we trade or draft that QB.

Favre is only a shadow of the QB he used to be, but unfortunately that is still a better QB than Rex and probably Orton (still need to see more on him).

Consequently, he would be worth taking if the asking price is not too high.

On the other hand, if we think all the media blitz could end up being a Barry Bonds like distraction, we should pass.

Scoopie2005
07-11-2008, 07:05 PM
SIGN FAVRE!

Think about it, there's no better way to stick it to Packer fans then signing their QB. Also, Grossman is garbage, and will never be good, especially with this WR corps. Orton could be good, but we have no idea. I could wait 2 more years if Favre wants to come to Chicago. Think about it, it would open up the running game, and the WRs would become better. I don't know how good the offense will be, but if you are sane, why would you want grossman/orton over Favre in any situation?

Tkais9009
07-12-2008, 08:33 PM
hell yeah. he is a stud. nothing would be a better feeling than beating the packers with their former weapon

the real dose
07-13-2008, 11:19 PM
This combo would be amazing and one of many reasons why he should become a BEAR Favre would develop Hesters WR game :smoking:

brandonwarne52
07-13-2008, 11:20 PM
You going to have Favre back there on kick returns?

Bulldog76
07-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Favre will not even consider the Bears...

This is all being set-up for him to go to the Vikings...Green Bay will not trade him to anyone in the NFC and are unlikely to trade him anywhere at all...

That is why he has asked for his outright release, which the team will not grant, because they would then receive no compensation for him going to Minnesota and would even be on the hook for a part of his salary/signing bonus as penalty for his release. Until Favre submits his retirement papers to the league, the team will have to pay his salary, subject to the standard holdout and non-football injury/illness provisions the league has put together in these situations...

Barry Sanders was held under contract for 2 seasons during his retirement where he still received a paycheck from the lions during his retirement. This was done as a security provision by the Lions who did not want Sanders to come back and play for another team...

Favre, needs to $#!+ or get off the pot...Announce he is coming back to play and announce he does not want to play for Green Bay...By every indication that is what is going on, but he doesn't want to be the bad guy and the Packers have moved on, with Aaron Rodgers (1st round pick, 3rd year in the league), Brian Brohm (2nd round pick) and Matt Flynn (7th round pick) so in their defense, this exit strategy and retirement process of Brett Favre's has been prepared for and is in the execution phase...

For him to announce a retirement and then after the team invests 2 draft picks in quarterbacks pull this crap, is unprofessional

If Favre wants to play it is going to be in Green Bay...If he wants to play somewhere else, it ain't gonna happen...that's my feelings on the matter.

Soop
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Favre will not even consider the Bears...

This is all being set-up for him to go to the Vikings...Green Bay will not trade him to anyone in the NFC and are unlikely to trade him anywhere at all...

That is why he has asked for his outright release, which the team will not grant, because they would then receive no compensation for him going to Minnesota and would even be on the hook for a part of his salary/signing bonus as penalty for his release. Until Favre submits his retirement papers to the league, the team will have to pay his salary, subject to the standard holdout and non-football injury/illness provisions the league has put together in these situations...

Barry Sanders was held under contract for 2 seasons during his retirement where he still received a paycheck from the lions during his retirement. This was done as a security provision by the Lions who did not want Sanders to come back and play for another team...

Favre, needs to $#!+ or get off the pot...Announce he is coming back to play and announce he does not want to play for Green Bay...By every indication that is what is going on, but he doesn't want to be the bad guy and the Packers have moved on, with Aaron Rodgers (1st round pick, 3rd year in the league), Brian Brohm (2nd round pick) and Matt Flynn (7th round pick) so in their defense, this exit strategy and retirement process of Brett Favre's has been prepared for and is in the execution phase...

For him to announce a retirement and then after the team invests 2 draft picks in quarterbacks pull this crap, is unprofessional

If Favre wants to play it is going to be in Green Bay...If he wants to play somewhere else, it ain't gonna happen...that's my feelings on the matter.

Favre only annouced he wanted to give another team a try because the Packers TT didn't open arms at first. They had to welcome him back because their fanbase was sending a mob after TT. The way I see it, is Brett will be the starter if he's on the Pack. There's no possible way they're going to have him sit on the bench. Even if Aaron Rodgers performs better than Brett in the preseason, Favre will be the starter.

cambovenzi
07-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I guess we will have to send him into retirement again.

Bulldog76
07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Here's a flip side to the coin...If Favre does come back...Would Aaron Rodgers be available???? With Brian Brohm now on the roster and the potential to groom him as the heir apparent, I don't know how that would play out, but I would be more interested in Rodgers at this point than I would be in Favre...

Only because the Bears are not one player away from making a championship run, and Rodgers has a long career ahead of him, and he appears ready to start in the NFL...

Rodgers would be more interesting to me, than Chris Simms or Byron Leftwich anyway...

CubsFanBudMan74
07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
hellz yeah

cambovenzi
07-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Here's a flip side to the coin...If Favre does come back...Would Aaron Rodgers be available???? With Brian Brohm now on the roster and the potential to groom him as the heir apparent, I don't know how that would play out, but I would be more interested in Rodgers at this point than I would be in Favre...

Only because the Bears are not one player away from making a championship run, and Rodgers has a long career ahead of him, and he appears ready to start in the NFL...

Rodgers would be more interesting to me, than Chris Simms or Byron Leftwich anyway...

they still wouldnt deal a QB to the bears IMO.
and i wouldnt want to give them anything decent for him.

VJ18
07-15-2008, 12:39 PM
only way to get and win a superbowl would be because of him, we have the cap to take also think of what he can do with hester! and the rest of the WR

tking08
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM

Do you need some tissues? :cry:

augipitcher3
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
The Packers would probably be less likely to trade Rodgers to the Bears than they would trade Favre to the Bears right now. The Bears do not have a team that is in a situation to win now. Giving them Rodgers to build on simply won't happen.

RockStrongo
07-15-2008, 07:32 PM

I agree there's no way the Bears would ever get him. A million things would have to happen in order for him to play in Chitown. More likely destinations are Baltimore, NY Jets, or Buffalo. Angelo would have to offer two first round picks, and possibly a 2nd rounder just to get to the table with Pack brass. The aforementioned would rather eat tacks than request some dialogue for an aging player.

On that note, I'd love to see him in navy and orange!

LLkEwLQ
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
get the journal sentinal of milwaukee from last saturday if you want a picture of brett favre in a bears uniform...but we'll never get him

Tankjeep
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
get the journal sentinal of milwaukee from last saturday if you want a picture of brett favre in a bears uniform...but we'll never get him

True, and he (Brett) would most likely want to play for an immediate contender. If I were him and had the chance in going to a divison rival....it would be Minnesota.

the real dose
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Hell Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do It Angelo!!!

augipitcher3
07-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Are you guys serious? You think Favre makes you Super Bowl contenders? He would move you from maybe a 5-6 win team to a 7-8 win team, but that is about as far as it goes. Grossman will probably play his butt off in 4-6 games this year which are the games you will win and the other 10-12 he will lose a couple games you should win and the rest your offense just won't have enough firepower to get it done. The only thing Favre would change is that he is probably hot or will play his butt off in 6-8 games a year. He still loses games himself and still wouldn't have any weapons. Devin Hester has proven he is not smart enough to be an every down player in the NFL.

cambovenzi
07-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Are you guys serious? You think Favre makes you Super Bowl contenders? He would move you from maybe a 5-6 win team to a 7-8 win team, but that is about as far as it goes. Grossman will probably play his butt off in 4-6 games this year which are the games you will win and the other 10-12 he will lose a couple games you should win and the rest your offense just won't have enough firepower to get it done. The only thing Favre would change is that he is probably hot or will play his butt off in 6-8 games a year. He still loses games himself and still wouldn't have any weapons. Devin Hester has proven he is not smart enough to be an every down player in the NFL.

lol?
they won 7 last year w/ 3 diff QB's, and loads of injury problems.
they arent much diff than the superbowl team.

DamnGoat
07-16-2008, 11:39 PM

This team isn't as bad as the media dopes make them out to be.

They won 7 games last year, were in most games until the very end and that's with a ton of injuries (especially on Defense), a horrible O-line and poor running game.

Now they have an easier schedule, healthy Defense, should have a starting QB in place once the season starts...yeah they suck :rolleyes:

It really isn't a much different team than the one that dominated the NFC just 2 years ago.

I'm not saying they're gonna do that again or even be a Playoff team, but they aren't going to be as bad as they're being predicted. It's almost like most "analysts" think they're so bad they'll have the top pick next year, which is absurd.

WOwolfOL
07-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Since the 'Favre Wants to Play In Chicago' thread was closed, I will post my .02 here.

First off, Favre is pissed at the Pack, and said Tampa is not hot on his list because he prefers a cooler climate. He asked for his UNCONDITIONAL release - to me that implies he wants to stay in the division. Put 2 & 2 together and he sure seems like he wants to be a Bear. I would welcome him with open arms.

2nd: The Packers wideouts really aren't much better than ours... let's see them produce 4000 yards without Favre throwing to them. I'm thinking more like 2750-3000, pretty much what we should get.

3rd: If Harris stays healthy all year, we win at least 8 games. If he AND Brown stay healthy, we win 10+ and get to the playoffs again.

Tankjeep
07-17-2008, 06:39 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApACk7ZKDnrlBVACzlIjWDU5nYcB?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

things that make you go hmmmmm....

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM

This team isn't as bad as the media dopes make them out to be.

They won 7 games last year, were in most games until the very end and that's with a ton of injuries (especially on Defense), a horrible O-line and poor running game.

Now they have an easier schedule, healthy Defense, should have a starting QB in place once the season starts...yeah they suck :rolleyes:

It really isn't a much different team than the one that dominated the NFC just 2 years ago.

I'm not saying they're gonna do that again or even be a Playoff team, but they aren't going to be as bad as they're being predicted. It's almost like most "analysts" think they're so bad they'll have the top pick next year, which is absurd.

ESPN isn't always 100% right :confused:

The General
07-18-2008, 02:14 AM
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

beardown1985
07-18-2008, 03:23 AM

You are officially an idiot. 5-6 win team? HAVE YOU SEEN OUR DEFENSE?? Our offense is better than it was in '05, our defense has grown up since then and we've added playmakers to almost every defensive position group. If we stay healthy, we're winning the division. What you people have to keep in mind is that the vikings are a few injuries away from dropping from superbowl contenders to maybe not making the playoffs. Its not that hard to imagine Pat or Kevin Williams going down with an injury, A.P. missing games, injuries to the o-line... all of this can happen so easily and can absolutely ruin a season (we had it happen to us in '02, '04 and '07). It's so easy for the vikings or packers to look at us as a 5 win team, but there is such a thin line between winning 5 games and winning 10, 11, or 12. Luck plays as much of a part of it as anything. If we can win 7 games without Vasher, Mike Brown, Dvorecek, and additional injuries to Briggs and Harris throughout the season, plus our HORRIBLE o-line.. and face it, we should have beat the lions at least once and we got absolutely robbed one of the minnesota games, plus we could have easily beat the giants and the redskins which would put us at, what, 12-4? I hope everybody is over-looking us this year because this is the same damn team as the '06 superbowl with an improved defense but minus TJ.

And how are you about to say that Devin Hester isn't smart enough to be an every down player? HE'S HAD 2 YEARS AND HE'S LIKE, 23 YEARS OLD! I'll pick football instincts over smarts any day, and I know you aren't going to argue with me over whether or not he is instinctive. no matter what, if he gets the system drilled into his head for 3 or 4 years straight, he will eventually get it down. and when he does, Chicago won't even remember who Bernard Berrian is.

augipitcher3
07-18-2008, 05:39 PM
You are officially an idiot. 5-6 win team? HAVE YOU SEEN OUR DEFENSE?? Our offense is better than it was in '05, our defense has grown up since then and we've added playmakers to almost every defensive position group. If we stay healthy, we're winning the division. What you people have to keep in mind is that the vikings are a few injuries away from dropping from superbowl contenders to maybe not making the playoffs. Its not that hard to imagine Pat or Kevin Williams going down with an injury, A.P. missing games, injuries to the o-line... all of this can happen so easily and can absolutely ruin a season (we had it happen to us in '02, '04 and '07). It's so easy for the vikings or packers to look at us as a 5 win team, but there is such a thin line between winning 5 games and winning 10, 11, or 12. Luck plays as much of a part of it as anything. If we can win 7 games without Vasher, Mike Brown, Dvorecek, and additional injuries to Briggs and Harris throughout the season, plus our HORRIBLE o-line.. and face it, we should have beat the lions at least once and we got absolutely robbed one of the minnesota games, plus we could have easily beat the giants and the redskins which would put us at, what, 12-4? I hope everybody is over-looking us this year because this is the same damn team as the '06 superbowl with an improved defense but minus TJ.

And how are you about to say that Devin Hester isn't smart enough to be an every down player? HE'S HAD 2 YEARS AND HE'S LIKE, 23 YEARS OLD! I'll pick football instincts over smarts any day, and I know you aren't going to argue with me over whether or not he is instinctive. no matter what, if he gets the system drilled into his head for 3 or 4 years straight, he will eventually get it down. and when he does, Chicago won't even remember who Bernard Berrian is.

And you called me an idiot? Reread what I put in bold print. Two of the things O-line and a better offense cannot even be argued that you made improvements from your end without discussing a player who has never played a live snap in the NFL. Your defense obviously took a step backwards last year and a couple key players are past their primes. You can blame injuries all you want but this is not the '05 or '06 Bears defense. They are not going to be able to win games with 0 offense.

augipitcher3
07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
2nd: The Packers wideouts really aren't much better than ours... let's see them produce 4000 yards without Favre throwing to them. I'm thinking more like 2750-3000, pretty much what we should get.

I really hope you were not serious when you posted this. I am a Vikings fan obviously and have no bias on this situation (in an equal game that meant nothing for the Vikings I would root for the Bears over the Packers actually), but that is just a comment that would make people ignore everything else that would ever come out of your mouth. That Packers might have the best receiving corps in the NFC. Just off the top of my head. They are top 3 for sure.

jason17
07-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Lol Hell Yea , i'll like the Bears more if they do but sadly the Packs are smart .

cubsbears1225
07-18-2008, 08:22 PM
see avatar above