PDA

View Full Version : Other Players we could go for.

TMAC94
07-09-2008, 08:21 AM
i was thinking that we could trade for a guy who can back up tmac play 25 minutes a night get about 12-17 points, i was thinking Jason Terry, Rashard McCants, Ben Gordon, John Salmons im sure we could work a deal out with some of the players we have? thoughts?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Well Philly is now in desperate need of a shooter with Brand there maybe someone on their squad for Luther Head, as an added bonus Landry just lost awhole lot of leverage for his contract negotiations.

Jay22Redd
07-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Well Philly is now in desperate need of a shooter with Brand there maybe someone on their squad for Luther Head, as an added bonus Landry just lost awhole lot of leverage for his contract negotiations.

If we get any player from LAC, id like it to be Cat Mobley. Probably Luther Head and Bobby Jackson for him.

Then we'd have a backup for T-Mac.

But J.R. Smith probably is easier to get since he's a free agent.

mightybosstone
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
i was thinking that we could trade for a guy who can back up tmac play 25 minutes a night get about 12-17 points, i was thinking Jason Terry, Rashard McCants, Ben Gordon, John Salmons im sure we could work a deal out with some of the players we have? thoughts?

No way the Mavs deal us Terry, but I think McCants, Gordon, and Salmons might be possibilities. None of them are particularly likely, though...

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Really I think Brent Barry is the best bet right now and then trading Battier, Brooks and maybe even Francis for Artest would make the Rockets the favorite IMO.

HouRealCoach
07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
If we get any player from LAC, id like it to be Cat Mobley. Probably Luther Head and Bobby Jackson for him.

Him and Francis wouldnt be all that dependable....but he has played under Adelman B4

Rhyming Rebel
07-09-2008, 03:19 PM

We could find a better trade than this 1 im sure.

Rhyming Rebel
07-09-2008, 03:20 PM
No way the Mavs deal us Terry, but I think McCants, Gordon, and Salmons might be possibilities. None of them are particularly likely, though...

We wont get Terry,Gordon I would welcome with open arms the others im not high on.

rancid8937
07-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Houston, has already said there playing the waiting game, until mid-season. Right now, Houston is trying to sign Brent Barry and re-sign Landry with the MLE, and "Go all in." When a pretender realizes there done.

trading away the expiring contracts of Francis, Jackson and a first rounder for a player like Artest etc.

Also, I'm sick of everyone talking trades, that dump Battier. First off Houston won't ship off Shane, and second of all why? he's the third best player and shuts down all stars like Kobe every time.

richardle9
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Houston, has already said there playing the waiting game, until mid-season. Right now, Houston is trying to sign Brent Barry and re-sign Landry with the MLE, and "Go all in." When a pretender realizes there done.

trading away the expiring contracts of Francis, Jackson and a first rounder for a player like Artest etc.

Also, I'm sick of everyone talking trades, that dump Battier. First off Houston won't ship off Shane, and second of all why? he's the third best player and shuts down all stars like Kobe every time.

i agree everyone is appealed to players who score many points, make flashy dunks, and drain a bunch of three pointers. i believe good defense mostly wins games

Brun"DMC"
07-10-2008, 12:00 AM
i agree everyone is appealed to players who score many points, make flashy dunks, and drain a bunch of three pointers. i believe good defense mostly wins games

Well in the Rockets situation, they are in desperate need of someone who can contribute on the offensive end of the floor. They have Yao Ming, who clogs up the paint with his immense height. Last year you could clearly see the need for a 3rd scorer. They need to pull the trigger and fill this vacancy if they plan on going deep into the playoffs. If that entails, trading Shane Battier, I'm all for it.

TMAC94
07-10-2008, 10:32 AM
i dont want a dunker i want a 3rd scorer

richardle9
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
i dont want a dunker i want a 3rd scorer

really you dont want a dunker? what about you begging for gerald green

t-mac1nukka
07-10-2008, 06:07 PM

hes third best by default!!! and if rafer can play like he did during the streak i wouldnt even say hes third best. and if scola developes a consistent jumper and some confidence i wouldnt say hes 4th best. the guy has a three point shot which is easily replaceable. his d isnt as consistent as many say. hes good when we play teams that have a dominant scorer, but when we play teams that play team offense i.e jazz he doesnt look so good. i mean where was he this post season?! you make him seem like hes untouchable.