PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Power Rankings (New Outlook)

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Now with the Sixers latest acquisition and most of the big names being off the market, i just decided to go ahead and list my eastern conference power rankings for 2008-2009.

Its just for fun, so dont get offended if u think its too early for PR, which it probably is haha. but whatever im bored.

1) Boston Celtics: Defending champs. KG, Pierce, and Allen are one year older, but the big three can still get it done for at least a few more years. Rondo and Perkins showed great development in the postseason. The bench is a question though with Posey, Cassell, Brown, and House all question marks.

2) Detroit Pistons: Chauncey, Rip, Tay, Sheed, and Dysse. Can these old heads still get it done? They looked tired in last years postseason and some question whether this unit will make it through the summer. I think they are still a very potent squad if they stay together. Their bench is young and can fill in the holes.

3) Orlando Magic: Getting Pietrus was a big move. He fills their need for a legit SG. Jameer is still under scrutiny, can he get it done at the NBA level? The frontcourt is loaded though. Rashard Lewis, Hedo, and SUPERMAN is a force to be reckoned with.

4) Toronto Raptors: Trading for Jermain Oneal gives this team the best 1-2 punch frontcourt in the NBA. Bosh is underrated and can now work freely in the post now that other teams have to worry about J.O on the other side. Throw in some 3 point shooters in Calderon, Kapono, and Parker and u have a good team.

5) Washington Wizards: The other big three of the east is the key to this teams success. Can Agent 0, Caron, and Antawn stay healthy for a full season? When healthy they easily match up with the Celtics big three, but that wasnt the case last year, and they fell apart. But i expect them to bounce back this season.

6) Philadelphia 76ers: Elton Brand, probably the biggest free agent signing of the summer has completely changed the face of this team. Iguodala is now the 2nd option (which he should be) and with the underrated Andre Miller and the rising stars in Thaddeus Young and Lou Williams, this team could be dangerous if they mesh well together. Remember this team took Detroit to 6 games WITHOUT Brand.

7) Cleveland Cavaliers: I almost feel bad for Lebron. While all the other teams in the league are improving, his team is still stuck with aging role players at best. Get this guy some help (a la Michael Redd?) or else i dont see him staying in Cleveland for long.

8) Atlanta Hawks: What a starting 5. Bibby, JJ, Smith, Williams, and Horford. The only thing is that these guys are playing out of position. And they got exposed downlow last postseason. JJ is a superstar in my book and if he is on and Horford developes more offensively, they should move up a few spots on this list.

9) Milwaukee Bucks: Getting Richard Jefferson was huge. Now Him and redd can form a formidable tandem in Wisconson. Yet can they play D? All 5 starters are known as weak defenders so its going to take a little time for me to trust the to gel. But if they do, watch out!

10) Miami Heat: I love Dwyane Wade, but last season was tough, really tough. I dont see them pulling a huge turnaround like the Celtics because they dont have a NBA ready PG. Beasley and Marion should help the frontcourt and make this an explosive team, but C and PG are huge question marks and u need those players in order to have success.

11) Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose is a stud... but he's no beasley to be honest. I think it would have been a much smarter decision to take Beasley and address the PF position. Now the bulls are cluttered with guards with Tyrus Thomas starting at the PF spot, and thats just not going to cut it. Joakim Noah is solid but they really need help in the frontcourt. Trade Hinrich, and they should be alright.

12) Charlotte Bobcats: This is my sleeper team of the east. PG is a question, but Jason Richardson and Gerald Wallace are a very underrated wing tandem. Throw in a healthy Sean May and Emeka and this is a very solid young team. Id say they could climb up this list in a year or two, but they could also prove me wrong.

13) New Jersey: Devin Harris was a STEAL. The guy can straight out ball. But what happens to Vince Carter? This is an extremely young team but they have the pieces to get the job done in a couple years or so. You gotta love the depth in their frontcourt.

14) Indiana Pacers: This team is a bit of a mess right now. They have good young talent in TJ Ford, Brandon Rush, Hibbert, and Danny Granger. But Murphy and Dunleavy are a bit washed up and dont really fit the new look of this team. Its going to be a long rebuilding process in indiana until they get a TRUE PF.

15) New York: Last year was an utter disaster. with Duhon in, Marbury is likely out. So your looking at a starting lineup of Duhon, Crawford, Q Rich, Randolph, and Curry, but i doubt it stays that way through the offseason. The only promising player on that team is David Lee, and he is linked to a lot of trades. Its very hard to like this team and i dont see them doing anything next season.

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 02:31 AM
Eastern Conference Power Rankings:

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Orlando
5. Toronto
6. Washingon
7. Philly
8. Miami

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I rank my teams based on how I forsee them doing in the playoffs and not the regular season, obviously the Cavs won't be a no. 3 seed unless they get Lebron some more help. Lebron is good enough to give his team a chance to legitimately compete with any eastern conf. team, that is my reasoning for a no. 3 rank in terms of the playoffs.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I rank my teams based on how I forsee them doing in the playoffs and not the regular season, obviously the Cavs won't be a no. 3 seed unless they get Lebron some more help. Lebron is good enough to give his team a chance to legitimately compete with any eastern conf. team, that is my reasoning for a no. 3 rank in terms of the playoffs.

makes sense, touche haha

BH-Sports
07-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Very nice list i agree with everything except one thing.

THE New Jersey Nets= they are very underated. Devin Haris, Vince Carter, Yi Jianlian should be enough to contend for the playoff spot.

I also think the Indiana Pacers will be alright. They finally got rid of Tinsley as a starter due to his INCONSISTENCY. but their young players look very promising and they can always use Dunleavy and Murphy as a trading bait.

madiaz3
07-09-2008, 03:00 AM
The fact you put no effort into NY shows you have no idea whats going on over here.

*Superman*
07-09-2008, 03:30 AM
Nice work.
:clap:

Lakerfrk
07-09-2008, 03:37 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Sixers
5. Raptors
6. Wizards
7. Cavaliers
8. Nets
9. Bulls
10. Hawks
11. Heat
12. Bucks
13. Bobcats
14. Pacers
15. Knicks

i think the acquisition of Brand will vault Phili. Miller/Igoudala/Brand/Dalembert.. not to mention Thadeus Young.. very solid squad.. i think will really battle with Toronto at the top there.

hellboy_3000
07-09-2008, 04:21 AM
I think Charlotte can make a playoff push this season. They will add DJ Augustine, Ajica, May, Morrison, Weaver. If Wallace and Okafor stay healthy they can reach 7-8 spot.

They are overloaded at SF/SG: G-Force,J-Rich, Caroll, Morrison, Dudley, Weaver...

At C/PF it's only: Okafor...........(Hollins,Mohammed, Ajica, Davidson, May is the question)

I think DJ Augustin is Steal. Felton will sit on bench.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 04:38 AM
I think Charlotte can make a playoff push this season. They will add DJ Augustine, Ajica, May, Morrison, Weaver. If Wallace and Okafor stay healthy they can reach 7-8 spot.

They are overloaded at SF/SG: G-Force,J-Rich, Caroll, Morrison, Dudley, Weaver...

At C/PF it's only: Okafor...........(Hollins,Mohammed, Ajica, Davidson, May is the question)

i agree.

any team can compete in the east.

so it was pretty hard making this list cus i think charlotte, miami, milwaukee, and chicago can all make the playoffs easy

Mane
07-09-2008, 04:42 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Raptors
5. Cavs
6. Wizards
7. Sixers
8. Nets
9. Hawks
10. Bulls
11. Bobcats
12. Heat
13. Bucks
14. Pacers
15. Knicks

Silver.
07-09-2008, 05:00 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Raptors
5. Sixers
6. Wizards
7. Cavs
8. Bulls
9. Bucks
10. Heat
11. Bobcats
12. Hawks
13. Knicks
14. Nets
15. Pacers

Hard to predict because almost everyone has a legit shot.

torontosports10
07-09-2008, 05:03 AM
The big battle for Philly and Toronto is if their new big men can stay healthy. If so i can see them being between 3-6 seeds.
C's,Pistons,Raps-76ers,Magic etc..

If not i see them between 5-9

lavis
07-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Why do you love making those lists? Its so ****ing ridiculous.

Everyone knows it's a battle between Celtics and Pistons. All other teams will go to the horsestables and find a donkey whose balls to suck.

torontosports10
07-09-2008, 05:57 AM

Everyone knows it's a battle between Celtics and Pistons. All other teams will go to the horsestables and find a donkey whose balls to suck.

Who the **** do you think you are? His team just made the biggest off season signing and stated where he thinks they may end up in the standing and how othere view it. He had the Celts and Pistons where he should of. And you never know come playoff time who may or may not win. Askt he Mavs that and the Celts who got a big scare from Atlanta.

So my question to you is why do you love being an *** when its everybodys right to make threads? And you suck the donkeys balls ;)

Mane
07-09-2008, 05:58 AM

:laugh:

NBAkYD
07-09-2008, 06:50 AM
I like the list except for one thing. I think you underestimated the Pacers, last year Mike Dunleavy actually played some pretty good basketball and was a relatively important part of that team. MY other comment is that Charlotte's only problem is that they brought in competition for Raymond Felton, who was a good PG and still is. Otherwise it's a great list and I think the actual order is good.

LakerzDQ
07-09-2008, 08:08 AM

THE New Jersey Nets= they are very underated. Devin Haris, Vince Carter, Yi Jianlian should be enough to contend for the playoff spot.

I also think the Indiana Pacers will be alright. They finally got rid of Tinsley as a starter due to his INCONSISTENCY. but their young players look very promising and they can always use Dunleavy and Murphy as a trading bait.

Richard Jefferson > Jianlian
Vince Carter 07 > Vince Carter 08 (he's getting older)
Jason Kidd > Devin Harris

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I was shocked when I heard brand signed with Phily! Miller/Brand/A.I./Dalembert is gonna be a deadly combo they will finish in the Top 4 easily. Now as for Toronto, If JO stays healthy they will be a very dangerous team in the playoffs...That is a big IF tho. Concerning JO's past history with injuries. The east now has competition!

Ph1lly Diehard
07-09-2008, 08:32 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Raptors
5. 76ers
6. Cavaliers
7. Wizards
8. Hawks
9. Bucks
10. Heat
11. Bobcats
12. Bulls
13. Pacers
14. Nets
15. Knicks

The 3-7 seeds I think are all going to be fighting for them. Everyone else other then the Knicks (Sorry, you guys made 0 moves and drafted a guy that won't help you this coming year, and the Atlantic division is stacked), will be fighting for the 8th seed.

However, it wouldn't suprise me if the Wizards, yes the Wizards, fall out of contention and someone steals that 7th seed like the Bucks.

Dark Horse Team: Bucks

Biggest Dissapointment: Bulls

Gorgon2k
07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
hoooow does anyone list the sixers as the 7 again? they were 7 last year with reggie evans starting at PF!!! they get no better with signing a Top Tier PF, and another year under the belt of their young guns, Thad, Iggy, and Lou?

torontosports10
07-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I was shocked when I heard brand signed with Phily! Miller/Brand/A.I./Dalembert is gonna be a deadly combo they will finish in the Top 4 easily. Now as for Toronto, If JO stays healthy they will be a very dangerous team in the playoffs...That is a big IF tho. Concerning JO's past history with injuries. The east now has competition!

Thing is Brand has a history with them also. So it should be very interesting to see if they can both stay healthy and if they can both help their teams make a big push

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Thing is Brand has a history with them also. So it should be very interesting to see if they can both stay healthy and if they can both help their teams make a big push

I agree. If EB and JO manage to stay healthy, these two teams will be hard to beat.

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 10:14 AM
It's a tough call in the east now. They just got a lot better. Toronto, Orlando and now Philly and Miami.

I say

1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Detroit
4. Cleveland
5. Philadelphia
6. Miami
7. Toronto
8. Washington

MoJay
07-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I think Milwaukee is at least an 7- 8 we were never far from the 8th seed even with a terrible record and also made the 8th seed many times and lost to the pistons but now with RJ and maybe a stud in sessions i could see us easily being a playoff team

Dirty Dirk41
07-09-2008, 10:45 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Sixers
4. Magic
5. Wizards
6. Cavaliers
7. Raptors
8. Knicks
9. Heat
10. Nets
11. Bucks
12. Pacers
13. Hawks
14. Bulls
15. Bobcats

roo3flash
07-09-2008, 10:45 AM
i think u messed up on this...my list for the top 8 would go 1.boston-the big three
2.wizards-can contend with the big three
3.magic-a team that can beat boston,pistons,and wiz
4.heat-a health d wade to compliment shawn and beasley and a steal at pg with mario chalmer easily got best of draft now just need a center
5.philly-even with loss made detroit look old and now have brand i think philly and heat could suprise some people
6.pistons-moved down getting two old and could see some changes
7.cavs-lebron cant do it himself and no one ever has
8.raptors-depends on jermaine oneal perfomance

hawks out because no improvement and could lose smith

everyone else dont have a chance

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 10:51 AM
1. Boston
2-8. Up for grabs... =P

tsb77
07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Cavaliers
4. Magic
5. Wizards
6. 76ers
7. Raptors
8. Heat

marlinsfan24
07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Sixers
5. Wizards
6. Raptors
7. Cavs
8. Heat
9. Hawks
10. Nets
11. Bucks
12. Pacers
13. Knicks
14. Bulls
15. Bobcats

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
celtics
pistons of course
heat
philly
orlando
washington
chicago
milwaukee

Camden Guru
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
The 3-7 seeds I think are all going to be fighting for them. Everyone else other then the Knicks (Sorry, you guys made 0 moves and drafted a guy that won't help you this coming year, and the Atlantic division is stacked), will be fighting for the 8th seed.

Are you aware that it is only July? it is way to early to judge how good any team is because the offseason has just now began. I will have to wait until the end of August/September to make any kind of prediction.

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Are you aware that it is only July? it is way to early to judge how good any team is because the offseason has just now began. I will have to wait until the end of August/September to make any kind of prediction.

not if your the knicks

AgentViet
07-09-2008, 11:27 AM

The Nets are in rebuilding mode, I think they're going to tank for a good pick. I can see them in the bottom 3 in the East.

Yeah they can, but Lopez really would have pushed them over the hump in my books. They still have a legit shot at the playoffs though.

Gorgon2k
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
celtics
pistons of course
heat
philly
orlando
washington
chicago
milwaukee

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Let me guess from the name, your from Miami?

bullcubbear23
07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
People need to remember that the Bulls made the 2nd round of the playoffs two years ago......they had a bad year and now they got one of their key missing pieces in a playmaking point guard and they can trade hinrich for maybe Marcus Camby or Al Harrington

Also they missed the 8th seed by only a couple of games and they got extremely lucky to go in and steal the lottery from the Heat

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 11:43 AM
in which they should have selected Beasley...

Regardless, I doubt they will make it past the first round. Too many inconsistent performers, and everyone is so hyped up on Rose... He's a rookie, lets see how he performs before assessing him...

BriereIsDaBest
07-09-2008, 11:44 AM

The thin is, Elton Brand doesn't have a history with injuries. He got injured once in one year of his eight years in the league. JO gets hurt almost/basically every year of his career. JO has a history with injuries, Elton Brand had an injury. It's a big difference.

BriereIsDaBest
07-09-2008, 11:46 AM
celtics
pistons of course
heat
philly
orlando
washington
chicago
milwaukee

So, no Raptors or Cavaliers? :confused:

The Heat got a shooter to come off the bench. Big Whoop. That doesn't make them the #3 seed automatically.

Buckwheat
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
1. Celtics
2. Orlando
3. Pistons
4. Cavs
5. Raptors
6. 76ers
7. Wizards
8. Hawks

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-09-2008, 11:55 AM
How do you figure the Wizards ahead of the Cavs.. I believe they lost 3 straight years to them in best of 7..

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Orlando
4. Cavs
5. Raptors
6. 76ers
7. Heat
8. Bucks

AgentViet
07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
celtics
pistons of course
heat
philly
orlando
washington
chicago
milwaukee

Where is Toronto and Cleveland? They are both top 5 teams. Miami will not be #3. Here's my rankings:

1. Boston Celtics: Same championship team, unless an injury blows to KG or Pierce, they shouldn't have a problem locking up the #1 spot.
2. Detroit Pistons: Still known as the Beast in the East, but I'd expect them to make a few moves that will cause them to drop soon.
3. Orlando Magic: Dwight Howard will only get better next year, same with Nelson, toss in Pietrus at SG and you have another 50 win + team.
4. Toronto Raptors: If Jermaine O'Neal can stay healthy, he and Bosh will create the best front court duo in the league. Calderon playing full time PG will put up all star #'s.
5. Philadelphia Sixers: This team was very underrated last year, they took the Pistons to 6 games. Young, Iguodala and Dalembert are all young and will get better next season, toss in a franchise star in Brand and this team can make some noise.
6. Cleveland Cavaliers: LeBron James single handedly brings his team to this rank, he needs help around him. If there isn't any on the way this offseason, expect him to bolt in 2010. Even though I have them in #6, I can still expect a deep playoff run from them.
7. Atlanta Hawks: They've got a great starting 5, but Horford and Smith are out of position. They should look to deal for a real Center, but they're still a young playoff team that's only getting better regardlessly.
8. Washington Wizards: I personally think this team is better off without with Arenas. The Wiz are 7-10 when Arenas played this year, and I feel he ruins the chemistry. If he can prove me wrong and become more unselfish, this can definetely be a top 3 team.
9. Chicago Bulls: This team was a playoff team the past few years, but they had a bad year. They've got lots of talent to work with, and I can put this team in the top 3 if they acquire a #1 go to guy low post scoring threat.
10. Miami Heat: If Wade returns to player he was in the 2005-2006 playoffs, this team will make the playoffs no matter what. But, I'm not sure he'll be the same as before though. Marion and Beasley are great, but they need a starting C.
11. Charlotte Bobcats: I don't know why the hell they pass on Brook Lopez, he's the perfect solution to their needs. This young team with another year on their belt could still put them in playoff contention.
12. Milwaukee Bucks: This teams needs a lot better chemistry and defense. Expect Redd to be dealt soon.
13. Indiana Pacers: TJ Ford is a great uptempo pass first PG this team needs to help Granger and Dunleavy. Problem is I don't see him healthy, and they need a low post scorer. This team can make a run at the playoffs if Ford is healthy though.
14. New Jersey Nets: They're rebuilding, you can't expect them to win many games.
15. New York Knicks: No chemistry, Duhon isn't the answer for their PG problem. I can't have this team any higher until I see some better moves done by management.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
its early for this but i get wat your saying.

for Philly, this is a great move. 76ers will def finish 2nd in the division.

while i cant really rank these teams, i know one thing and that is its going to be a lot more exciting in the East.

not really at the top, but like someone said 2-8.

dont underestimate the addition of a guy like Beasley to D-Wade. man D-wade by himself is tough to handle and now with MB and Shawn Marion. they will be fun to watch. they do need more big men though. im gonna sound stupid here but did alonzo mourning retire yet?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-09-2008, 12:04 PM
its early for this but i get wat your saying.

for Philly, this is a great move. 76ers will def finish 2nd in the division.

while i cant really rank these teams, i know one thing and that is its going to be a lot more exciting in the East.

not really at the top, but like someone said 2-8.

dont underestimate the addition of a guy like Beasley to D-Wade. man D-wade by himself is tough to handle and now with MB and Shawn Marion. they will be fun to watch. they do need more big men though. im gonna sound stupid here but did alonzo mourning retire yet?

Another team people should not under estimate is Chicago. Remember they won made the playoffs with winning 50 games (true?). They only got better with adding Rose.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree Miami probably won't be the #3 seed next year, but unless people get injured again they should definitely make the playoffs, and not just barely as the #8 seed. Fourth, fith or sixth seed should be possible.

If I had to pick RIGHT NOW, and IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

- Boston
- Toronto
- Philadelphia
- Detroit
- Cleveland
- Miami
- Orlando
- Washington

But the summer is just starting, so things can definitely change.

Camden Guru
07-09-2008, 12:05 PM
not if your the knicks

what does that have to do with anything? at the being of the season everybody has a clean slate. NY has a new coach and president of basketball operations. they are also making some minor improvements. The Marbury situation is also interesting. I am not sure if they will buy his contract out or try and trade him.

pebloemer
07-09-2008, 12:23 PM
1. Boston
2-8. Up for grabs... =P

Most accurate prediction I could think of too :).

Seriously though: I would categorize it like this:

1. Boston
2-3: Orlando and Detroit (in no particular order)
4-7: Toronto, Philly, Cleveland, Washington (in no particular order)
8. Miami, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Chicago (in no particular order)

I actually think one of the teams 4-7 will fall out of the playoffs and two of the teams fighting for eighth will surprise. But this is how I rank it with current rosters.

LayZbone
07-09-2008, 12:26 PM
1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Detroit
4. Toronto
5. Philly
6. Washington
7. Cleveland
8. Miami

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
9. Chicago Bulls: This team was a playoff team the past few years, but they had a bad year. They've got lots of talent to work with, and I can put this team in the top 3 if they acquire a #1 go to guy low post scoring threat.

Which pretty much won't happen at this point.

D12dunkzOnYa
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM
1.) Boston
2.) Detroit
3.) Orlando
4.) Toronto
5.) Cleveland
6.) Washington
7.) Philly
8.) Chitown
9.) Miami
10.) Hawks
11.) Bucks
12.) NJ
13.) NY
14.) Bobcats
15.) Pacers

This is next to impossible to do by the way

LayZbone
07-09-2008, 12:31 PM

The Heat got a shooter to come off the bench. Big Whoop. That doesn't make them the #3 seed automatically.

definitely not a 3 seed, i agree. But getting back a healthy Marion and Wade (hopefully)....and adding Jones, Beasley and Chalmers.....the heat should definitely improve. I'm predicting somewhere in the lower playoff seedings, 6-8.

ManRam
07-09-2008, 12:31 PM
6) Philadelphia 76ers: Elton Brand, probably the biggest free agent signing of the summer has completely changed the face of this team. Iguodala is now the 2nd option (which he should be) and with the underrated Andre Miller and the rising stars in Thaddeus Young and Lou Williams, this team could be dangerous if they mesh well together. Remember this team took Detroit to 6 games WITHOUT Brand.

Good right up. However, you should have put Philly higher. No one is going to call you a homer for ranking them higher. You are being too modest. IMO, they are the 3rd or 4th best team in the East (assuming Iggy comes back).

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
I actually forgot about the Hawks in my list. I really like their team, but I'm not sure who to take out. Usually I don't like Washington's team very much, but yet they always prove me wrong and make the playoffs in the end.

I also usually like Milwaukee's roster, but I also did last season and they failed.

ee
07-09-2008, 12:35 PM

ehh, I see the Nets just really looking past NJ and focusing mainly on Brooklyn....I think these next two seasons is just gonna be developing young talents, get rid of the ones that don't have much to offer, pretty much just cleaning house and get us ready in 2 years.....so I expect to be right below the 10 range.....

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
8.) New Jersey

The Nets will probably be one of the worst teams in the NBA next year.

I like their young players for the future (not Yi though, he sucks balls), but no way they will make the playoffs with what they have now.

Nets fan 93
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. Raps
6. Wizards
7. 76ers
8. Nets- barely though :(
9. Hawks
10. Bulls
11. Heat
12. Bobcats-Should got Brook
13. Bucks
14. Pacers
15. Knicks

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
First the pistons are supposed to blow things up....and if they do that...who knows how good the'll be.
And I think your sleeping on the raptors...Jose Calderon is going to lead us...with all the talent of bosh and o'neal.......Jose plays a five on five style unlike ford who ended up being very predictable.....Jose will keep people guessing on what we do....Sam mitchell will try to make us predictable again because he doesn't know any better.....The best thing sam could do for the raptors this year is let calderon be calderon....no stifileing his game....Anyone who really knows basketball knows calderon has the highest basketball iq in the NBA...and the worse thing you could do is dictate what he does.(man i hate Sam mitchell)P.s our bench next year is going be better than people think....This Toma Livingstone basketball guru signing off.

Gilbert>TheRest
07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Wizards
4. Magic
5. Sixers
6. Cavs
7. Raptors
8. Bulls

Ragun
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
those are good rankings SB. good job.

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Where is Toronto and Cleveland? They are both top 5 teams. Miami will not be #3. Here's my rankings:

1. Boston Celtics: Same championship team, unless an injury blows to KG or Pierce, they shouldn't have a problem locking up the #1 spot.
2. Detroit Pistons: Still known as the Beast in the East, but I'd expect them to make a few moves that will cause them to drop soon.
3. Orlando Magic: Dwight Howard will only get better next year, same with Nelson, toss in Pietrus at SG and you have another 50 win + team.
4. Toronto Raptors: If Jermaine O'Neal can stay healthy, he and Bosh will create the best front court duo in the league. Calderon playing full time PG will put up all star #'s.
5. Philadelphia Sixers: This team was very underrated last year, they took the Pistons to 6 games. Young, Iguodala and Dalembert are all young and will get better next season, toss in a franchise star in Brand and this team can make some noise.
6. Cleveland Cavaliers: LeBron James single handedly brings his team to this rank, he needs help around him. If there isn't any on the way this offseason, expect him to bolt in 2010. Even though I have them in #6, I can still expect a deep playoff run from them.
7. Atlanta Hawks: They've got a great starting 5, but Horford and Smith are out of position. They should look to deal for a real Center, but they're still a young playoff team that's only getting better regardlessly.
8. Washington Wizards: I personally think this team is better off without with Arenas. The Wiz are 7-10 when Arenas played this year, and I feel he ruins the chemistry. If he can prove me wrong and become more unselfish, this can definetely be a top 3 team.
10. Miami Heat: If Wade returns to player he was in the 2005-2006 playoffs, this team will make the playoffs no matter what. But, I'm not sure he'll be the same as before though. Marion and Beasley are great, but they need a starting C.
11. Charlotte Bobcats: I don't know why the hell they pass on Brook Lopez, he's the perfect solution to their needs. This young team with another year on their belt could still put them in playoff contention.
12. Milwaukee Bucks: This teams needs a lot better chemistry and defense. Expect Redd to be dealt soon.
13. Indiana Pacers: TJ Ford is a great uptempo pass first PG this team needs to help Granger and Dunleavy. Problem is I don't see him healthy, and they need a low post scorer. This team can make a run at the playoffs if Ford is healthy though.
14. New Jersey Nets: They're rebuilding, you can't expect them to win many games.
15. New York Knicks: No chemistry, Duhon isn't the answer for their PG problem. I can't have this team any higher until I see some better moves done by management.

the cavs arent good at all and they wont make the playoffs.

if you think the heat are that far down then you are nuts because they hyave zo and he is a starting center

Epic89
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Sixers
5. Raptors
6. Wizards
7. Cavs
8. Hawks
9. Bobcats
10. Bulls
11. Bucks
12. Heat
13. Nets
14. Pacers
15. Knicks

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Sixers
5. Raptors
6. Wizards
7. Cavs
8. Hawks
9. Bobcats
10. Bulls
11. Bucks
12. Heat
13. Nets
14. Pacers
15. Knicks

those are horrible. cna you tell me why the heat are so far down

blams
07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
bulls are better than heat and bucks.

they have a lot of depth, drose, deng is healthy, and last year was OBviously a fluke

blams
07-09-2008, 02:12 PM
bulls are better than the heat and bucks.

a bit of an overreaction for the worst team in the nba, huh?

a playoff spot?

no.

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 02:23 PM
bulls are better than the heat and bucks.

a bit of an overreaction for the worst team in the nba, huh?

a playoff spot?

no.

we were the worst team because our 7 best players were injured last year.

the bulls were almost fully healthy and last year was what they relaly are.

the heat are much better than them

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
If the Bulls have to play the Celtics in the 1st round, I'd rather not make the playoffs.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 02:34 PM
bulls are better than heat and bucks.

they have a lot of depth, drose, deng is healthy, and last year was OBviously a fluke

hahaha bulls better than the heat? no way
with wade healthy, beasley and marion? that would destroy the bulls
plus chalmers can handle rose. Bucks are better than the bulls too

Beasley'sBeauty
07-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Orlando
Toronto
Philly
Washington
Miami/Atlanta

jtrinaldi
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Ok, if you follow basketball, youd know that the bucks made a move and Joe Alexander. **** we got 5 damn quality starters!!!! Sure brand is and that, CWEB and AI are a ton better and couldnt do ****ing ****! I say the bucks at 4-5

QuaLiThADoN
07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Sixers
5. Raptors
6. Wizards
7. Cavaliers
8. Nets
9. Bulls
10. Hawks
11. Heat
12. Bucks
13. Bobcats
14. Pacers
15. Knicks

i think the acquisition of Brand will vault Phili. Miller/Igoudala/Brand/Dalembert.. not to mention Thadeus Young.. very solid squad.. i think will really battle with Toronto at the top there.

I agree

jrodmesche
07-09-2008, 03:25 PM
1. celtics- they are getting older but rondo ray allen paul pierce kevin garnett and perkins is just to good not to mention the depth of their team
2.pistons- they got maybe 2 more years left in them
3. philly- new addition of brand will make them dngerous
4. heat- the nba a is going to come easy to b-easy and him dwayne and the others are goin to make a celtics bounce back(just not as good but close)
5. majic-unless they make a big move there going to be a contender but not champions
6.rapters- chris bosh+ jo is an explosive combination but there going to miss tj ford
7.cavs- lebron james, west, igodola, ?, ?,?
8. bucks or the wizards but they both have the talent to rise as high as 4th placeif they change some things around expecially the bucks
9.Hawks- Mike bibby, joe johnson, marvin williams, al harford they have alot of talent but need depth and posibly losing josh smith hurts them

daleja424
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Raptors
5. Cavs
6. Wizards
7. Sixers
8. Nets
9. Hawks
10. Bulls
11. Bobcats
12. Heat
13. Bucks
14. Pacers
15. Knicks

wowowow!!! Nets above heat and bucks... really?!!?

daleja424
07-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Heres the real order:
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. 76ers
4. Pistons
5. Raptors
6. Bucks
7. Heat
8. Wizards
9. Bulls
10. Cavs
11. Hawks
12. Bobcats
13. Knicks
14. Nets
15. Pacers

nolin
07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Heres the real order:
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. 76ers
4. Pistons
5. Raptors
6. Bucks
7. Heat
8. Wizards
9. Bulls
10. Cavs
11. Hawks
12. Bobcats
13. Knicks
14. Nets
15. Pacers

Heat and bucks over cavs? wow you must be a heat fan!

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM

lets see your prediction

daleja424
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Im sorry but the Cavs suck dude... They mine as well be called the Cleveland Lebrons. I will be the first one to say it... the Cav's will actually miss the playoffs this year and be no better than 3rd in the Central this year (though I think they'll be 4th)...

The east has gotten a lot better this year: milwaukee, chicago, miami, toronto, philly have all made HUGE upgrades... the cavs haven't... There iare only a couple teams in the east that will be an easy win this year (indiana and NJ)

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Personally i think having the heat above the bucks and cavs isnt a wild prediction at all.

With Wade, Beasley, and Marion they are pretty damn talented.

They had a bad year last year, but i wouldnt be surprised if they bounced back at all.

Jonathan2323
07-09-2008, 04:36 PM
All you people are underestimating the HEAT, watch out next year they will be the suprise team with a healthy D Wade

Also the Bulls have a bad team Rose needs to develope before they can make the playoff or even come close.

kvrnm
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
1. celtics
2. pistons
3. orlando
4. cavs
5. toronto
6. sixers
7. miami
8. hawks
9. wizards
10. nets
11. bucks
12. bulls
13. pacers
14. bobcats
15. knicks

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
bucks WILL be better then the Nets...without question...

lebron:i suck
07-09-2008, 05:33 PM
i agree with you that chicago should have taken beasley over rose..but still how are they 11?
i think they were 11th seed last year and they definatly should be better this year than last year so id put them 7/8 seed.

lebron:i suck
07-09-2008, 05:35 PM
you guys make the cavs look like the kobe bryants team 2-3 years ago..
cavs have some solid role players that fit good with lebron..remember this is the team that almost beat boston in 7 games.

Halladay
07-09-2008, 05:41 PM
One thing I dont understand is that everyone jumped all over the Raptors for getting O'neal and his knee problems but nobody cares about Brands injury? are you kidding me? He had a ruptured achilles tendon. Not a knee problem or a elbow problem or a hand problem, a freakin ruptured achilles. Now I believe the 76'ers are a playoff team with or without Brand but people need to remember what a major injury he had/has.

Halladay
07-09-2008, 05:44 PM
All you people are underestimating the HEAT, watch out next year they will be the suprise team with a healthy D Wade

Also the Bulls have a bad team Rose needs to develope before they can make the playoff or even come close.

Please tell me, outside of 3 good players and a nice looking young rookie, who else do the Heat have? Of that's right, the ENTIRE d-league. I think the Heat can make the playoffs but their lack of a bench depth is going to hurt them. If one of Wade or Marion goes down and it will be last season all over again.

18colts29
07-09-2008, 05:50 PM
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Raptors
5. Sixers
6. Wizards
7. Cavs
8. Bulls
9. Bucks
10. Heat
11. Bobcats
12. Hawks
13. Knicks
14. Nets
15. Pacers

Hard to predict because almost everyone has a legit shot.

Pacers will not be the worst team in the league. They got 9th last year and are only better this year. They got a starting point guard if Ford, and got Rush and Hibbert in the draft. They got rid of O'neal but he played like 20 games. Rasho playing 82 games is better than O'neal playing 20 something.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Pacers will not be the worst team in the league. They got 9th last year and are only better this year. They got a starting point guard if Ford, and got Rush and Hibbert in the draft. They got rid of O'neal but he played like 20 games. Rasho playing 82 games is better than O'neal playing 20 something.

The Pacers may not be worse... but look at the standings from last year... Milwaukee will pass them, Miami will, Chicago will, and Charlotte will, at least... The east is A LOT better this year and I would be surprised if the Pacers won more then 25 games next year... (I'd predict about 23)

roo3flash
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM

charlotte is horrible abd gonna stay that way and i personnaly think that the derrick rose prodigy is overated i think the need some one who could score at will cause gordon deng thomas and everyone else cant. you need someone that can drive and shoot a little bit which all those players can do one or the other.

i agree with you heat wont likely be a number three seed but with a good shooter they can trade other players and easily become a 4-6 seed team and i think they have more final potential then other teams like the cavs, magic, and raptors

chicagowhitesox
07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't see how everyone thinks Beasley will take Miami from a 15 win team to a playoff spot.

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 11:56 PM
i think u messed up on this...my list for the top 8 would go 1.boston-the big three
2.wizards-can contend with the big three
3.magic-a team that can beat boston,pistons,and wiz
4.heat-a health d wade to compliment shawn and beasley and a steal at pg with mario chalmer easily got best of draft now just need a center
5.philly-even with loss made detroit look old and now have brand i think philly and heat could suprise some people
6.pistons-moved down getting two old and could see some changes
7.cavs-lebron cant do it himself and no one ever has
8.raptors-depends on jermaine oneal perfomance

hawks out because no improvement and could lose smith

everyone else dont have a chance

you make no sense :confused:

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
1.celtics
2.pistons
3.magic
4.sixers
5.raptors
6.wizards
7.cavs
8.bulls
9.bucks
10.hawks

cmellofan15
07-12-2008, 12:02 AM
celtics
magic
pistons
raptors
wizards (if they stay healthy THE WHOLE SEASON)
sixers
atlanta
bulls
cavs

ninerfan609
07-12-2008, 12:08 AM
what i dont understand is that philly finished super strong last year after the korver trade....they beat san antonio, phoenix, celtics, and came back against the bulls (by20)

now....they have aquired a huge upgrade in the "low post" area they needed, and are still looked at by alot of idiots for their last season 40-42 record.

they started 18-30 and finished 22-12...

meaning, based on after korver trade, they should be looked at how they finished. If we add brand into the mix, the sixers could win alot more games this year, and should be a top three in the east.

ps. they lost to the cavs on devon brown freethrows with no time left.

BADizzleBoY
07-12-2008, 12:13 AM
we will have 50+ wins easily.

stevefrancis
07-12-2008, 12:35 PM
i see boston orlando philly detroit and washington as the only 50 win teams in the east next year. I see the knicks as the only 50 loss team.

U1timateCubsFan
07-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Personally I think Washington is the most overrated team in all these rankings. Every year they come in with the "Big Three" and they flop in the first round to the Cavs. Until they prove to me that they can play a full season as a healthy and effective team, I'm over looking them because they just don't have the right philosophy to win.

I also think the Raps are being underrated a little on these boards. Adding O'Neal will help Bosh's production a lot and having Calderon start will help them also. I see them ranked 8th and 9th on a lot of people's lists but that is a pretty solid team.

I think the Bucks are very overrated too. I like the fact that Skiles is going to bring in the defensive/never quit philosophy into the locker room. However, I don't think he has the personnel to implement it well. There aren't many good defensive guys on that team and the tag team of RJ/Redd is just primed for failure I think. They should have gone out and gotten a big man to compliment Redd instead of RJ.

Cavs are a little underrated also. They are consistently low in the rankings and overlooked every year. However, they perform in the playoffs as can be seen by the last few years. They are not a good regular season team because of their game style. However, LeBron becomes a new kind of beast in the postseason. That team proves over and over again that they are underrated in the postseason considering that they were expected to lose to Wash. and get swept by Boston but they took Boston to the brinks of elimination. They defied the odds by reaching the finals the year before. They are a good postseason team so I'm done doubting them till fail.

carter15
07-12-2008, 05:21 PM
whoever says the cavs wont make the playoffs r crazy...do u ppl even watch basketball ..have u not seen wut lebron has done the past 2 playoffs...this guy can carry his team and compete against almost anyone....that team is not going to miss the playoffs with lebron on it.

and im not a cavs fan.

SwaggaIke
07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Orlando
4. Philadelphia
5. Toronto
6. Cleveland
7. Washington
8. Miami

Shieldsz
07-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Pistons are getting old so my rankings:

Boston
Raptors
Pistons
Orlando
Sixers
Wizards
Cavs
Bulls

daleja424
07-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Pistons are getting old so my rankings:

Boston
Raptors
Pistons
Orlando
Sixers
Wizards
Cavs
Bulls

hmmm I think the heat, hawks, and bucks are all better then the bulls... I gree with the rest of your 7 tho

Jibonnie125
07-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I can seriously see the Orlando Magic taking a big step this year and making a run at a championship. With the addition of Peitrus and an already great team with Dwight Howard i can see them overtaking boston and detroit. Not saying it will happen but it very may will end up happening.

SwaggaIke
07-12-2008, 08:21 PM
If Battie can give them what they need out of the PF position, that's realistic.

jrodmesche
07-13-2008, 05:17 PM
let me just put it this way
THE HEAT ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS AND YES THEY AR BETTER THEN THE CAVS AND THE BULLS AND SO ARE THE BUCKS BEACUASE THE CAVS ARENT THAT GOOD AND THE BULLS ARE EVEN WORSE :clap:

PostYourEyes
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM
nice lists!