PDA

View Full Version : Iguodala's status?

07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
So guys, what now happens with Iguodala's situation? Does he ask for more than the 11mill that was offered to him last winter? Does he take a paycut (from his first big deal, might I add) to play with Brand? Do we end up paying him 13-15M? Is he even on the team next year?

Thoughts?

phillyphan4ever
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
i just want him to stay

KnickVeteran
07-09-2008, 12:49 AM
I think Iggy will look elsewhere for a deal for the simple fact that Philly will not offer him nothing over 12 mill for his lack of play in the Playoffs. It looked like he didn't even wanted to be out there. He knew that he would get a big contract base on his play during the season. His attitude and demeanor seemed as if he didn't want to be there. Philly should look for a sign and trade with Iggy to get back some talent. Hint Hint...chicago Bulls lol

Shieldsz
07-09-2008, 12:51 AM
He'll get a big contract probably like 13 mil

imurmilk
07-09-2008, 12:52 AM
I think Iggy will look elsewhere for a deal for the simple fact that Philly will not offer him nothing over 12 mill for his lack of play in the Playoffs. It looked like he didn't even wanted to be out there. He knew that he would get a big contract base on his play during the season. His attitude and demeanor seemed as if he didn't want to be there. Philly should look for a sign and trade with Iggy to get back some talent. Hint Hint...chicago Bulls lol

He's a restricted FA, we are going to match an offer, atleast GS signed Maggette, less money to give andre

Mrphilly
07-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I think Iggy will try and get a team offer him the money he wants so the sixers can match it. I also think, he will get a rude awakening when he finds out the is not worth as much as he thinks he is.

Shieldsz
07-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Yep. As long as he and Lou are in a sixer uni, I am happy.

Mandrew
07-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Now we have our power forward. Check, that was the big deal. Since he is on our team we can pay him past the salary cap, and pay him more. We couldn't sign him first because if we signed him we couldn't go past the cap to sign Brand. We will have the choice on whether to sign him or not, no one can outbid us really, it comes down to whether he's worth it or not.

Iggydelphia
07-09-2008, 04:30 AM
hes worth it... the kid is only 24 years old.. and this will be interesting to see how his game is altered now that we signed brand (if he stays) expect him to get more assists, and not a big change in his ppg.. probnably will stay around 20. And now that our halfcourt game has been revived, expect miller to possible come close to a double double season..

TrialNError04
07-09-2008, 05:34 AM
I think their preference is to resign Igoudala to a one year tender but thats really it. If a team offers him a max deal (just throwing the team out there, the Clippers) I truly doubt the sixers would match it at this point. They do have a trade exception to consider so I wouldn't rule out a sign and trade either.

An excellent point brought up earlier though is the half court style of game that best suits Brand, which would truly hinder AI's best weapon. Everyone knows the team needs a shooter and AI seems to be the teams best asset to acquiring one.

FutureSixersGM
07-09-2008, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers make a run at restricted free agent Ben Gordon of the Bulls. Rumor has it that the Bulls want to play Rose and Hinrich together and will either let Gordon sign elsewhere or will match an offer for a sign and trade. He will probably be signing for somewhere in the ballpark of $3-5 million a year. We could try to bring in Gordon (hopefully at a bargain level). Gordon would bolster our outside shooting and would be a good fit on this team. It might mean letting Igoudala leave via free agency or only having him sign a one year tender, but Gordon at the 2 is a great fit for this team next year. This lineup would scare the heck out of pretty much everyone in the league

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Ben Gordon
SF - Andre Igoudala/Thaddeus Young
PF - Elton Brand
C - Samuel Dalembert

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
^^And how do you propose we get Ben Gordon with the reality of our salary cap situation???

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers make a run at restricted free agent Ben Gordon of the Bulls. Rumor has it that the Bulls want to play Rose and Hinrich together and will either let Gordon sign elsewhere or will match an offer for a sign and trade. He will probably be signing for somewhere in the ballpark of $3-5 million a year. We could try to bring in Gordon (hopefully at a bargain level). Gordon would bolster our outside shooting and would be a good fit on this team. It might mean letting Igoudala leave via free agency or only having him sign a one year tender, but Gordon at the 2 is a great fit for this team next year. This lineup would scare the heck out of pretty much everyone in the league

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Ben Gordon
PF - Elton Brand
C - Samuel Dalembert

We don't have another 3-5 million on the books to spend. It's gone.

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 09:31 AM
^^And how do you propose we get Ben Gordon with the reality of our salary cap situation???

Future GM :pity:

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 09:32 AM
^^not a good name...to propose that idea.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah and even then he is going to want 8-10 mil

AddVance
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
He doesn't have anywhere to go for an offer. Now that the Clippers are gonna have to rebuild around Thornton and Gordon, that takes up both spots Iguodala plays, so they won't offer anything. There aren't gonna be a lot of teams with cap space next year either. He's probably gonna take the same contract he turned down last year, a little more, maybe. I just want him to stay...

A bigger prob is Lou Williams... He'll be significantly less expensive, and a lot of teams want him... I think our best case scenario is to strike a quick deal with Lou (as to not overpay) and just match what Iguodala gets...

JtBiV_BiRdZ
07-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Iggy can stay here, if he's going to take the money we offer him. if not, I know GS loves him, and they still have a bunch of money, and they would probably love to have Iggy and Maggette. Ellis is only looking for 10 mil a year, and we can def afford that, bc that is less than what we were offering Iggy. Let Iggy go to GS and sign and Trade for Monta. I like it, and its possible.

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
^^Thats dumb having Iggy and Maggette is quite redundant.....they won't let Ellis walk....Plus Iggy neither Lou Will is leaving Philly...they love it...they want to be here...and acquiring Brand even gives them more reason to stay to contend in the East....bottom line question that will slap Iggy in the face...."what are my chances of winning a championship in the West???"...trust me he is staying!

BChydro86
07-09-2008, 11:02 AM
He'll get a big contract probably like 13 mil

id cry if they paid him that much. iggy isnt better than kevin martin, so why would we pay him more than what kevin martin got?

playonplaya
07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I like Iggy b/c he's an all-around solid player. however, we need a sg who can create his own shot. iggy's a sf. that's reality. we need a starting sg who will demand respect as a shooter. iggy isn't that guy unfortunately. that's why i feel that we need to trade him if he still wants more than what he is worth. iggy's a dunker & a solid passer/defender. however, we have our sf in thad young which leaves iggy out of the equation. it is true that we need a sniper who will come out time to time to nail the open 3 pt shot, but we also need a consistent sg who can pull up & hit the j shot. i can't emphasize that enough. hopefully iggy will improve this off season & become more than just a slasher. but until he proves it, i would rather trade him for a true SHOOTING guard.

playonplaya
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Iggy can stay here, if he's going to take the money we offer him. if not, I know GS loves him, and they still have a bunch of money, and they would probably love to have Iggy and Maggette. Ellis is only looking for 10 mil a year, and we can def afford that, bc that is less than what we were offering Iggy. Let Iggy go to GS and sign and Trade for Monta. I like it, and its possible.

i def support that idea. i like monta over iggy as a sg. monta is not a pg...yet. but he's more of a sg than pg & should stay that way. i hope ed pursues ellis big time. the possibility of GS being interested in iggy is prolly not that high due to the recent signing of maggette, but hey who knows. i could see GS being somewhat interested in W Green too.

PG - A Miller / L Will
SG - M Ellis / D West
SF - T Young / J Jones
PF - E Brand / R Evans / M Speights
C - S Dalembert / J Smith / M Speights

that would be one hell of a team...

Westbrook36
07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
I would rather have Iggy then Ellis. Iggy gets better at shooting every year and can drive better then Ellis. Not many teams have regular Shooting guards, usually it's either a SF or PG.

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Iggy is better all around...no to Ellis...what does he bring defensively??? nothin in comparison to Iggy.

BChydro86
07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
why the hell would we want monta ellis? we already have a less talented version of monta ellis, his name is lou williams.

also, iggy is better than ellis. kevin martin, thats another story.

BChydro86
07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
i just want to say that iggy is a very overrated defender. hes good, but hes nothing exceptional.

Laxer38922
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
We can't get Ellis, the reason we can pay Iggy that much is bc he is our player and we can go over the cap to sign him

BChydro86
07-09-2008, 12:02 PM
its called a sign and trade.

Chi-Town Finest
07-09-2008, 12:06 PM

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Ben Gordon
PF - Elton Brand
C - Samuel Dalembert
Gordon turned down a contract that would have paid him 10 mill a year so I doubt he will sign for 3-5 mill a year and you guys wont have any money left after you re-sign Iggy, you had to make a trade just to have enough money for Brand but nice try and congrats on getting Brand.

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't want Gordon good scorer but plays little D.....and he wants too much money....i doubt he'll get that this offseason.

MylesKong
07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
VANCE:

Did you say that we should pay Lou the same amount we pay Iggy or did I misunderstand?

I hope I misunderstood.

dbow2019
07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
VANCE:

Did you say that we should pay Lou the same amount we pay Iggy or did I misunderstand?

I hope I misunderstood.

you did he meant match any offer that a team would make to iggy

FutureSixersGM
07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
To sign Gordon, we would have to let Iggy go in free agency (either that or a sign and trade).

Thad should be starting next year at small forward. Willie Green is not a starter on a team hoping to contend for a championship. Iggy is not a shooting guard. We need a shooter, and it's not Igoudala.

What is everyone planning on doing - signing Iggy to a 50+ million dollar contract to be our sixth man?

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 01:24 PM
^^GM...you are an idiot!! Case close..Gordon?? over IGGY??....thank God you are not the Gm of this team....you woulkd "fork" it up big time@@

dougie5627
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
iggy will be in our starting team next year the organisation will probably keep him ahead of thad until thad develops more. i can see reggie and green going bye bye tho tis will probably allow us 2 semi decent bench players. iggy for monte u joking iggy is better by miles!!

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
To sign Gordon, we would have to let Iggy go in free agency (either that or a sign and trade).

Thad should be starting next year at small forward. Willie Green is not a starter on a team hoping to contend for a championship. Iggy is not a shooting guard. We need a shooter, and it's not Igoudala.

What is everyone planning on doing - signing Iggy to a 50+ million dollar contract to be our sixth man?

You should really change your username.

There's no way I'd touch Gordon. He can go off for 40 any given night... but then put up 8 the next night. Plus playing mediocre defense. Awful, awful, awful idea.