PDA

View Full Version : EX- CU player Harrison wants to be a Nug!!

Game_Over
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
He wants to sign for the minimum and sounds like he has grown up but who knows?? We get him as insurance for Nene and trade Camby for Hinrich??

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/07/former-buff-harrison-interested-playing-nuggets/

avsman05
07-09-2008, 01:00 AM
i liked him at CU we should give him a shot especially if we dump camby.

ebozzz
07-09-2008, 08:16 AM
He wants to sign for the minimum and sounds like he has grown up but who knows?? We get him as insurance for Nene and trade Camby for Hinrich??

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/07/former-buff-harrison-interested-playing-nuggets/

If we could acquire Harrison it would be best to put him at center and that would allow Nene to log more minutes at power forward, which I think is a more natural position for him. Additionally, if we can also get Hinrich I would really like the make up of this team. Martin's contract is still a problem that would have to addressed at some point......

Broncs4Life
07-09-2008, 09:32 AM
I would be interested in him, especially since the paper said he was willing to work cheap. My question or concern would be about playing time. Denver already has a C, Steven Hunter, who doesn't get to play so how would that work out? Would it mean fewer minutes for Hunter or would Harrison end up being the guy on the bench? Without Camby, I could see Nene as the starter at center, Hunter backing him off the bench and Harrison backing up K-Mart. That would give Denver some depth, size and flexibility, as Harrison is big enough to play Center and PF. I'd like to see them explore bringing him in.

DenButsu
07-09-2008, 09:58 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=huntest01&y1=2008&p2=harrida01&y2=2008

C-Dub
07-09-2008, 10:25 AM
well, it would allow us to get rid of camby and get someone we could use more, im sure he dont take long almost 3 pointer shots like camby. if hes minimum then sure.

DenButsu
07-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Unless the Nuggets have a plan to ship Hunter out, I'll be pissed if they get this guy. Basically, he does all the same things Hunter does, just much less efficiently, and with a much higher propensity for mistakes (see per 38 minute stats for fg%, turnovers and pfs, and see advanced stats for PER ratings).

Bottom line: We already have a better version of Harrison on our roster right now. The only real reason to pick him up would be if Hunter was gone, the only reason to ship Hunter out for him is to reduce salary, and the only reason to do any of it in the first place is if reducing salary results in our being able to sign another player who will be an upgrade in some position (by, for example, enabling us to use the full MLE and BAE).

=================================

EDIT -------------

I just realized what my post count was.

I'm never gonna post again, just so I can keep the number stuck there.

So thanks, everyone, it's been fun!

:p

Game_Over
07-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Den your 10,000 post better be a good one lol.. How long have you been posting here??

C-Dub
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
ya man we are here for you just let it out haha

C-Dub
07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
october of 05 he has been, it says in his join date

Game_Over
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
october of 05 he has been, it says in his join date

Duh lol on the phone at work so not paying that much attention lol!!

C-Dub
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
i thought he would give in but he didnt yet haha

Game_Over
07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
EDIT -------------

I just realized what my post count was.

I'm never gonna post again, just so I can keep the number stuck there.

So thanks, everyone, it's been fun!

:p

I think you should start a new thread, ya know kinda like an award speach.. I would like to thank my friends and familly, the Nuggs and Avs, the polititions for giving me something to talk about..

liliverson819
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
david harrison??? just what we need another guy with an attitude problem to add to the thuggets.

DenButsu
07-09-2008, 07:30 PM
i thought he would give in but he didnt yet haha

Didn't take me too long to cave - betcha couldn't see that coming...

And G.O. - "the politicians" ..... :laugh2:

C-Dub
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
yah, ill be lucky to get to 1000 before i graduate from HS next year lol. 10,000, thats a big number haha!

BRAVE KID
07-10-2008, 01:04 PM
congrats den on the big 10,000...see ya in the high life.

DJiC
07-10-2008, 03:22 PM
is david harrison the really big guy on the pacers who was also in one of the episodes of the real world? but anyways i heard he's decent and he's wasting away in indy.....BARON BARON SHAUN ShAUN k'mon FO get these 2 guys as our PG's rather than aaron(LOL) carter and chucky atkins