PDA

View Full Version : How good will the Sixers be now with Elton Brand?

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 11:46 PM
How good will the Sixers be now with Elton Brand?

Potential Lineup
PG Miller
SG Iggy
SF Green/Young
PF Brand
C Dalembert

How many games do they win? Are they good enough to take Detroit or Cleveland or Orlando now?

Afridi786
07-08-2008, 11:46 PM
About the same.

phillyphan4ever
07-08-2008, 11:47 PM

Potential Lineup
PG Miller
SG Iggy
SF Young
PF Brand
C Dalembert

How many games do they win?

fixed...and i think sixers can be a 4-6 seed in the east

Lincoln Logs
Pretty good. Low 50s would be my guess if everyone stays healthy.

Second City
I think that they will improve slightly, but the best I see them being is a 5th seed in the east.

phillyphan4ever
07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
About the same.

jealous much? :eyebrow:

Ph1lly Diehard
About the same.

That makes no sense..

How are the 76ers staying the same with getting a perenial allstar in Brand?

I say around a 8 game improvement and fighting for the 3rd-6th spots in the East, most likely the 4th-5th

Dark Donnie
45-50

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
duh cleveland and orlando they can beat them next year but its gonna tak sum time b4 they beat the veteran eastern conference teams

tonyd3b54
i think theyre goin to be top 4 atleast... i still think the celts are #1 cuz of theyre Defense but toronto and philly are def catching up...

SHONIE
Still not good enough. Match them up against some other teams in the East like the Celtics, Pistons, Magic, even Toronto. They're better, yes, but I doubt they'll make it to the ECF.

DenButsu
Significantly better, but more importantly, I'm just glad that one of these bigtime stars went East - and that Maggette isn't landing with San Antonio.

lakersfan211
07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
i think signing brand would put phili as one of the best teams in the east .which that aint saying much .theirs only like 5 good teams in that conference, elton clipped the clippers.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Significantly better, but more importantly, I'm just glad that one of these bigtime stars went East - and that Maggette isn't landing with San Antonio.

Yeah, I agree.

Considering Elton was going up again Garnett/Duncan/Dirk/Stoudamire/etc., he won't be going up to anywhere near that competition in the East, other then Garnett.

Like I said, should be a fun season for us :clap:

Chronz
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Depends on which Brand they get, I hope he comes back as a shell of his former self and makes the Clippers look like geniuses for not bringing him back.

Leftcoast_yg
07-08-2008, 11:58 PM
if it's true, which we will know by tommorrow mo' or midnight, thats pretty scandelous of brand, saying he opted out so the clippers would sign a big free agent and goes to another team because of money, thats pretty selfish of him, BD is gonna be mad and probably kill their relationship. But hey it's a business right!!!

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Depends on which Brand they get, I hope he comes back as a shell of his former self and makes the Clippers look like geniuses for not bringing him back.

Considering he went up against so much more talent in the West then he will face in the East, I see an even better and reajuvanated Brand then anything.

yojoe792
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Not much better if his health issues continue, which I think they will.

QuaLiThADoN
07-09-2008, 12:02 AM
yea philly is going to b sick

Afridi786
07-09-2008, 12:03 AM
That makes no sense..

How are the 76ers staying the same with getting a perenial allstar in Brand?

I say around a 8 game improvement and fighting for the 3rd-6th spots in the East, most likely the 4th-5th

i think they overachieved last year, but I think they will be better, i see them ending up around the same record, but more competitive in the playoffs.

If Baron backs out, couldnt you see the Clippers offering Iggy the max.

City of Angels
07-09-2008, 12:05 AM

Potential Lineup
PG Miller
SG Iggy
SF Green/Young
PF Brand
C Dalembert

How many games do they win? Are they good enough to take Detroit or Cleveland or Orlando now?

definitly, there still a run and gun team but now they have a half court option with elton brand i see them fighting for the 2 seed.

cmellofan15
07-09-2008, 12:06 AM
yea i 4got the only reason they made the playoffs last year bcause the bulls went on a losing streak

Afridi786
07-09-2008, 12:07 AM
yea i 4got the only reason they made the playoffs last year bcause the bulls went on a losing streak

well, it was because both the bulls and heat sucked so badly.

cmellofan15
07-09-2008, 12:08 AM
yea the heat didnt really hav a chance shortly after the season started and they had way more potential than that tha only thing they really lost was james posey

QuaLiThADoN
07-09-2008, 12:12 AM
d wade is injury prone.......

cmellofan15
07-09-2008, 12:14 AM
so was shaq

roughgarden
07-09-2008, 12:16 AM
definitly, there still a run and gun team but now they have a half court option with elton brand i see them fighting for the 2 seed.

thats a joke right theres still no chance their a 2 seed at best 4 cuz of confernces

Knowledge
07-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I think 3-5 are all possible, 4-6 at worst.

BTW we didnt overachieve. We beat good teams the second half of the year because our young players started to find their role in running system Cheeks put in place half way through the year

pcone78
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Still not good enough. Match them up against some other teams in the East like the Celtics, Pistons, Magic, even Toronto. They're better, yes, but I doubt they'll make it to the ECF.

Wow, no respect... They beatup that old ***, tired Pistons team twice in the playoffs last year. Next year they have a good chance of getting to the Conferance finals next year. They played preet well the last month and half of the year. Now they can finally make a serious run at the playoffs.

bogdanrom
It all depends on how much Brand will play. He was out for much of the season last year. The Sixers will be better. I'm saying like 4-6 because many teams have gotten better. Man this is so good. I can't wait until the next season. The East is Beast.

cmellofan15
I think 3-5 are all possible, 4-6 at worst.

BTW we didnt overachieve. We beat good teams the second half of the year because our young players started to find their role in running system Cheeks put in place half way through the year

well ur highest scorer had averaged like 17 points or sumthin and the bulls and heat did horrible that year (they were 2 of the best teams n the league b4) and still barely made the playoffs wow great season with 40 wins

TheShock45

Potential Lineup
PG Miller
SG Iggy
SF Green/Young
PF Brand
C Dalembert

PLEASE!!!!! get the name Green the FVCK!!! out of the starting lineup

and to answer your question yes as soon as we put together a solid bench with one more scorer

pcone78
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
thats a joke right theres still no chance their a 2 seed at best 4 cuz of confernces

HATER! They were a 4-6 last year... and they did not play well the first half of the season... 2-4 worst in this old and tired Eastern Conferance.

cmellofan15
07-09-2008, 12:26 AM
HATER! They were a 4-6 last year... and they did not play well the first half of the season... 2-4 worst in this old and tired Eastern Conferance.

did u not see wat happen 2 the bulls and the heat do u think they r just out of the playoff race bcause last year????

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 12:32 AM
4-6

Ragun
07-09-2008, 12:34 AM

Potential Lineup
PG Miller
SG Iggy
SF Green/Young
PF Brand
C Dalembert

They win over 45...I think they are good enough to take Detroit.

HipSlappyJoe
07-09-2008, 12:35 AM
I think its obvious the 76ers are a playoff team if Brand healthy (and the whole team). Iguodala is an emerging player and Dalembert averaged a double double last year. Couple the underrated Andre Miller and the improving Thaddeus Young, the 76ers appear to have a good starting 5. their bench consists of reggie evans (who is basically an older ronnie turiaf), lou williams (an improving version of leandro barbosa) ,jason smith, marreese speights, willie green.

BriereIsDaBest
07-09-2008, 12:53 AM
well ur highest scorer had averaged like 17 points or sumthin and the bulls and heat did horrible that year (they were 2 of the best teams n the league b4) and still barely made the playoffs wow great season with 40 wins

I would watch it if I were you. You're lucky that no mods are paying attention. Bait much?

And dude, the Heat will be good in a couple of years. But once Wade shows me that he can be healthy, and Beasley plays a game in the NBA, they're still a 10-12 seed in the East. And for the Bulls, Derrick Rose still needs to show that he can lead a team in the NBA, because even in his first Summer League game against all young guys in his position, he did not look so spiffy. So, once one of your teams shows that they can win with their rosters, I take the Sixers at having a chance at anywhere from the #2-#5 seeds.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 01:05 AM
I would watch it if I were you. You're lucky that no mods are paying attention. Bait much?

And dude, the Heat will be good in a couple of years. But once Wade shows me that he can be healthy, and Beasley plays a game in the NBA, they're still a 10-12 seed in the East. And for the Bulls, Derrick Rose still needs to show that he can lead a team in the NBA, because even in his first Summer League game against all young guys in his position, he did not look so spiffy. So, once one of your teams shows that they can win with their rosters, I take the Sixers at having a chance at anywhere from the #2-#5 seeds.

dont bother with Cmello man, he doesnt know what hes talking about.

innovator
07-09-2008, 01:22 AM
last time i checked iguodala is still unsigned

BlondeBomber41
07-09-2008, 01:24 AM
I think they have a chance to win the conference, barring the right moves the rest of the offseason. The team really needs a shooter, someone like Kyle Korver ironically.

x_notorious
07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
With the signing of Brand, I see the 76ers at the 4-6 seed.
They have def. improved. Now they need to give Iggy a deal.

HipSlappyJoe
07-09-2008, 01:41 AM
last time i checked iguodala is still unsigned

and he is a restricted free agent, and the sixers will match any offer for him. no team has contacted him because him and the sixers are hammering out a deal.

Zefflin
07-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Highly improved mid 50 W team.

ramansingh3
07-09-2008, 01:55 AM
In the regular season very little improvement keep in mind that the other teams in their division also got better(Toronto got O'neal and New York is rebuilding without Isiah and with one of the best offensive coaches). They will show more improvement in the post season, which I am looking forward to. If they wind up in the same situation like detriot they'll beat them especially with brand in their offense is a huge step from reggie evans. They could be a surprise and finish near the top.

Storch
07-09-2008, 02:08 AM
brand's gona get injured just like every year. mark my words.

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 02:12 AM
you sound stupid considering he never gets hurt. but i hope he does get hurt.

WillisLovechild
07-09-2008, 02:21 AM
they'll definitely be better, no question. on another note, elton has lost a ton of respect from me. he was one of my favorites, but he just went bush league on the clippers. he said he'd opt out so they could get him to pair with baron, and now he leaves them high and dry. dammit elton... hopefully the clippers will make a run at josh smith or somebody, cuz they lost maggette too.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Considering he went up against so much more talent in the West then he will face in the East, I see an even better and reajuvanated Brand then anything.
True, for as long as I can remember Brand feasted on eastern teams, but he wont have as good a year as he did a few years back when the Clippers were actually good, that I can guarantee you.

sixer04fan
07-09-2008, 07:56 AM
low 50's...

but anyways sucks for baron davis!

Ph1lly Diehard
07-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Why not?

Look what Kevin Garnett did.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Why not?

Look what Kevin Garnett did.

What did KG do? He didnt play as well as he did in his MVP season, and Brand's MVP caliber year will be hard to exceed because he was in the perfect situation with Cassel. I doubt the Sixers can bring out that kind of performance from him.

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Top 4 Contender.

LakerzDQ
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
I think they'll be about a 4th seed. they might make it to ECF, but I don't see them being a legit Championship contender yet.

cambovenzi
07-09-2008, 09:08 AM
in the east?
easily contender.
ill say 4th seed.

they have iggy/brand. a nice small/big combo.
they just have to work on efficiency, they wont win if iggy just ballhogs and jacks stuff up.

theLgndKllr35
07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
in the east?
easily contender.
ill say 4th seed.

they have iggy/brand. a nice small/big combo.
they just have to work on efficiency, they wont win if iggy just ballhogs and jacks stuff up.

Which is very likely to happen, he has what looks like one of the worst jumpers in the game. Ironically, we do as someone mentioned earlier need Kyle Korver. He could just flat out knock down a three from anywhere on the line, running, jumping, or even falling. However, move him a foot inside the line, the guy was more lost than Amelia Earhart.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I think they'll be in the 3-5 range in the East if everybody's healthy.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
They could be the 5th or 6th seed in the East now.

I still don't think the rest of their team is good enough to do serious damage.

Brand is one of my favorite players, but what he did to the Clippers is totally unclassy. What a shame.

BlondeBomber41
07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
They really need a shooter though, they have god awful outside shooting on that team. Andre Miller, Andre Iguodala, Thaddeus Young... nasty.

Dr.Phillyfan4
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM
the way i see it the sixers now have 3 possible allstars on the team. iggy, miller(who should have gotten the not last year) and of course elton brand. thaddeus yound developed nicely last year. they should be a contender, if not this yea than next. i still think boston is too good, but you never know. i think we need to get a shooter off the bench, whether it is in a trade or signing someone, if they have any money left. but to answer the question they will win around 50-60 games. (it is the east)

mgthompson
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
How good would they be if they still had AI.

Knowledge
07-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I think the 76ers could be anywhere from 3(best case)-6(worst case).
The teams overall success will depend on the improvement of Sammy D, Thad, Lou, Iggy, and Smith. If these guys each improve more than expected than they could go to ECF, I dont think they will but who knows.

The first thing im looking forward to is the summer league to see our youth's progress.

Skins4Life
07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
It could be an awesome move that increases there win total by 10+ games or it could become another Chris Webber move where hes not the same due to the injury he suffered last year....

North Yorker
07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I see them in the 4 or 5 seed and playing my Raps in the 1st round of the playoffs... and hopefully losing.

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 01:16 PM
i think signing brand would put phili as one of the best teams in the east .which that aint saying much .theirs only like 5 good teams in that conference, elton clipped the clippers.

U can diss the east as much as u like...just remember where the championship resides...yes in the East..and I guess that isn't saying much either :)

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
After they sign Elton Brand, they still have a HUGE hole at SG. Willie Green is not a 7th or 8th man on any team, let alone a starter. Being from Philly, I watch a lot of Sixers basketball and Willie is god awful. I was searching and noticed Ben Gordon (SG, Bulls) was a restricted free agent. Any chance the Sixers put a bid in to get Gordon? If not, who else could they look at/be interested in?

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
How much money do they have left?

Ragun
07-09-2008, 01:28 PM
How much money do they have left?

I think a few million.

Afridi786
07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Dont they have to resign iggy too?

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
not sure of the exact numbers, but what about a sign and trade with Andre Iguodala. I can't stand him, as he is not even a number 2 option on any team, even in the east. Is there any chance the 76ers could do a sign and trade from Ben Gordon? This would leave us to start Ben Gordon at SG, and open up SF for Thaddeus Young to start at SF and be a top team in the east.

Westbrook36
07-09-2008, 01:35 PM
PG:Miller/ Louis Williams
SG:Iggy/ Willie Green/ Louis Williams
SF:Thad Young/ ?
PF:Brand/ Reggie Evans
C: Sammy D/ Jason Smith

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Dont they have to resign iggy too?

I'm too lazy to check the technicalities of it all, but they can probably sign others with their cap space first, and keep him for last since there are bird rights involved and timing his resigning the right way wouldn't affect their normal cap space.

Westbrook36
07-09-2008, 01:36 PM
not sure of the exact numbers, but what about a sign and trade with Andre Iguodala. I can't stand him, as he is not even a number 2 option on any team, even in the east. Is there any chance the 76ers could do a sign and trade from Ben Gordon? This would leave us to start Ben Gordon at SG, and open up SF for Thaddeus Young to start at SF and be a top team in the east.

Iggy Kills Ben Gordan..Hes very good Im sorry you feel this way

PhillyLuver
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Did you seriously say trade Iggy for Ben Gordon?

We're pretty much done in FA I think, not enough cap space left to sign anyone but Iggy and Lou

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Iggy Kills Ben Gordan..Hes very good Im sorry you feel this way

Iggy is far worse than Ben Gordon. You either don't know basketball, or you're not from Philly. Going to every home game for the past 3 years, you would know the frustration Iggy causes Philly fans. He is not a pure shooter like Gordon. He has no jumper and he tries to do more than he's capable of. If they get rid of him, or another team signs him, the 76ers will be in MUCH better shape.

X12Celtics3
07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I dont know much about this years FA's, but you guys really need a bench to become a great team. After you sign Iggy, i dont think you will have enough cap space to get the bench players you need.

Westbrook36
07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Iggy is far worse than Ben Gordon. You either don't know basketball, or you're not from Philly. Going to every home game for the past 3 years, you would know the frustration Iggy causes Philly fans. He is not a pure shooter like Gordon. He has no jumper and he tries to do more than he's capable of. If they get rid of him, or another team signs him, the 76ers will be in MUCH better shape.

Are you being serious right now? Ben Gordan plays NO DEFFENSE. His Contract is not good and Iggy has been getting better every single year at shooting, Not many teams have pure shooters and we dont even need that(not if it means giving up Iggy). I would rather have him starting over Ben Gordan every day of the week. We need a bench player who can come in a hit the three's.

I hope your never a GM

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Iggy is far worse than Ben Gordon. You either don't know basketball, or you're not from Philly.

I'm sorry, but :crazy:

Westbrook36
07-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I dont know much about this years FA's, but you guys really need a bench to become a great team. After you sign Iggy, i dont think you will have enough cap space to get the bench players you need.

Bench:
Louis Williams(Kinda like Rondo)
Jason Smith
Reggie Evans
Willie Green (eww)
We will still have around 1.8m to sign a pure shooter off the bench

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow. I'm sorry guys. I must be in the wrong forum? You guys don't know basketball. Iggy is a GREAT defender, no questions at all. He tries to do more than he's capable of on offense, every single play. You guys won't change my mind at all, as I see this clown every home game. He is a head case on the court when something doesn't go his way, and then tries to go 3x faster down the court, and loses the ball. He is not good for an NBA team. Maybe Ben Gordon is a stretch, but if you remember correctly, we have a young star on the bench named Thaddeus Young who plays exception defense. With Iggy in the way, Thaddeus won't start (as Iggy won't start at SG like the above posters).

X12Celtics3
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Who is this Willie Green guy that everyone hates so much?? I've heard the name before, but I never knew he was so hated. Whats the deal with this guy?

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
SMkoking you will probably be the only one here with that opinion (except maybe a few Bulls/Gordon fans).

So yeah, I guess all of us are the ones not knowing basketball :rolleyes:

PhillyLuver
07-09-2008, 01:50 PM
My question is, have you ever seen Ben Gordon play?

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
S&T, Iggy,2nd rounder for Ben,2009 first rounder and Thabo would be smart for both teams.

X12Celtics3
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Ben and Iggy are both great players, but Iggy is much, much more valuable for his defense. Gordon is NOT the star of a team, he is a shooter, and with him on the court you immediately lose some defensive intensity.

JtBiV_BiRdZ
07-09-2008, 01:53 PM
^^I am from Philly and You make it sound like Iggy is trash. No, he isn't trash, but he is a utility SG/Sf. Very Good one at that. Ben Gordon is a scorer, but what else? he'll rack up points(and will get Burned on D), but he's not great or Chi town would love to pair him with Rose,right(rather then hinrich)?

Give him a chance with Brand and see what he can do with a post player. It will be the first time in his career that he will be playing with a good(all-star) player in the post. A move that may be possible is moving Evans for a shooter. So we won't have to play willie green. A defensive player who can hit 3's. Cheap: I'm thinking Kieth Bogans Orl., Matt Carroll(LB loves plyrs Like Reggie), and maybe shipping Evans back to Den with WG for J.R. Smith.

leave Iggy alone, a very good Role player, better than avg sg, just not a pure scorer. Let him devlop, that is what players do. Last year was his first year as the man, now he will be the 2 guy and he is still the first option to shoot, more 1 on 1 oportunities bc Brand will demand the double.

Sorry for saying so much, but you should know better.

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
^^I am from Philly and You make it sound like Iggy is trash. No, he isn't trash, but he is a utility SG/Sf. Very Good one at that. Ben Gordon is a scorer, but what else? he'll rack up points(and will get Burned on D), but he's not great or Chi town would love to pair him with Rose,right(rather then hinrich)?

Give him a chance with Brand and see what he can do with a post player. It will be the first time in his career that he will be playing with a good(all-star) player in the post. A move that may be possible is moving Evans for a shooter. So we won't have to play willie green. A defensive player who can hit 3's. Cheap: I'm thinking Kieth Bogans Orl., Matt Carroll(LB loves plyrs Like Reggie), and maybe shipping Evans back to Den with WG for J.R. Smith.

leave Iggy alone, a very good Role player, better than avg sg, just not a pure scorer. Let him devlop, that is what players do. Last year was his first year as the man, now he will be the 2 guy and he is still the first option to shoot, more 1 on 1 oportunities bc Brand will demand the double.

Sorry for saying so much, but you should know better.

A) Iggy should never be considered "the man" on any team. Andre Miller made our team roll last year, that's the only reason we made it to the playoffs. He is a solid player that has enormous value IMO.

B) Why in the hell would we want JR Smith? I don't want problems on my squad, and you're the one talking about defense? Comon now, YOU should know better.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
JR Smith is basically the same type of player Gordon is, and as far as I know he hasn't caused any trouble in a while now.

Iggy was labeled to become an elite player before last season. So that didn't work out, and he hasn't yet grown into the greatness some people expected, but he still is more valuable than Gordon.

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
JR Smith is basically the same type of player Gordon is, and as far as I know he hasn't cause any trouble in a while now.

No, No, No. They play the same time of offense, Gordon is slightly better at defense (not much). But along with JR Smith comes tons of off-court problems. He is not a player you want in the clubhouse from my understanding.

X12Celtics3
07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
A) Iggy should never be considered "the man" on any team. Andre Miller made our team roll last year, that's the only reason we made it to the playoffs. He is a solid player that has enormous value IMO.

What was Iggy before Elton came?? I believe the answer is, "He was the most talented player on our team, by far". He was "The Man" on your team. Andre Miller is a great passer, but doesn't he suck at shooting? I don't follow the sixers, so spare me if what i just said is way off

hockeyplaya97
07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
As a Bulls fan, I would gladly trade you Ben Gordon for Iggy. Gordon is perfect if you want a very streaky shooter, no defense, and lack of size out of your starting 2 guard spot. If Philly offered that Iggy for Gordon I am almost positive that we would pounce on that in a heartbeat. Too bad for us that's never gonna happen.
Seriously though, that would be a terrible trade for Philly.

hockeyplaya97
07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
JR Smith is basically the same type of player Gordon is, and as far as I know he hasn't caused any trouble in a while now.

Iggy was labeled to become an elite player before last season. So that didn't work out, and he hasn't yet grown into the greatness some people expected, but he still is more valuable than Gordon.

JR Smith is better than Gordon in my opinion.

hockeyplaya97
07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
No, No, No. They play the same time of offense, Gordon is slightly better at defense (not much). But along with JR Smith comes tons of off-court problems. He is not a player you want in the clubhouse from my understanding.

You obviously do not watch Gordon if you can say he is better than anyone in the NBA defensively. JR Smith is by no means good defensively but he is no where near as bad as Gordon.

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Let me tell you why I said getting Ben Gordon would help, with getting rid of Iggy. Look at the numbers.

Andre Iguodala 19.9 PPG
Elton Brand 17.6 PPG
Andre Miller 15.3 PPG
Samuel Dalembert 9.0 PPG
Willie Green 9.0 PPG

Thaddeus Young 10.2 PPG
Louis Williams 12.0 PPG

That's 93 points with their two best bench players added in. Think about it, 93 points. You think the 76ers defense is good enough to sustain less than 93 points per game? I think not.

Westbrook36
:laugh: Gordan better then Iggy :laugh:

Also I bet you anything that Iggy will start at the two so that Thad can start at the three

Vinny642
They go to the finals versusing the Hornets and lose in six duhhh lol

Westbrook36
07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Let me tell you why I said getting Ben Gordon would help, with getting rid of Iggy. Look at the numbers.

Andre Iguodala 19.9 PPG
Elton Brand 17.6 PPG
Andre Miller 15.3 PPG
Samuel Dalembert 9.0 PPG
Willie Green 9.0 PPG

Thaddeus Young 10.2 PPG
Louis Williams 12.0 PPG

That's 93 points with their two best bench players added in. Think about it, 93 points. You think the 76ers defense is good enough to sustain less than 93 points per game? I think not.

With Gordan you gain three points and give up 15? :crazy:

It would be

Miller
Iggy
Thad
Brand
Sammy

:crazy:

Knowledge
07-09-2008, 02:13 PM

Andre Iguodala 19.9 PPG
Elton Brand 17.6 PPG
Andre Miller 15.3 PPG
Samuel Dalembert 9.0 PPG
Willie Green 9.0 PPG

Thaddeus Young 10.2 PPG
Louis Williams 12.0 PPG

that doesnt make sense, Brand will make every one better so it is impossible to just project numbers like that.

NBAkYD
07-09-2008, 02:17 PM

Andre Iguodala 19.9 PPG
Elton Brand 17.6 PPG
Andre Miller 15.3 PPG
Samuel Dalembert 9.0 PPG
Willie Green 9.0 PPG

Thaddeus Young 10.2 PPG
Louis Williams 12.0 PPG

Not with Ben Gordon.

dbow2019
07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
this dude is ********.... iggy was forced to score last year so thats why SOME of his shots were bad and now with brand he wont be forced to score because he wont be the number 1 option on the team.....he plays much better D and he is a leader on this team...the only thing he doesnt do enough that bothers me is that he doesnt drive....anyone who would want Gordon over Iggy is ******** and knows little to nothing about basketball

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Does it really matter? In response to the title of this thread, the one place the sixers surely won't go is... deep in the playoffs.

Beasley'sBeauty
07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm happy for the Philly Fanatics. I hated Billy King for the horrible decisions he made so now the team is headed in the right direction for a very long time and will be fun to watch.

If only they could have done this with A.I.

Can anyone save him from Denver?? It pains my heart to think he will finish his career in that chaotic and unproductive Denver system.

Beno7500
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
They will be the same

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Andre Iguodala 19.9 PPG
Elton Brand 17.6 PPG
Andre Miller 15.3 PPG
Samuel Dalembert 9.0 PPG
Willie Green 9.0 PPG

Thaddeus Young 10.2 PPG
Louis Williams 12.0 PPG

Thats not how the game works and yes Philly was a top 5 defensive team last year
, or top 10 I forget the numbers and they just added another legit defender.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 03:22 PM
They will be the same

So in your opinion a team which adds a player the caliber of Elton Brand and keeps the rest of their team intact will still be the same, and they will not be any better?

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
So in your opinion a team which adds a player the caliber of Elton Brand and keeps the rest of their team intact will still be the same, and they will not be any better?

Better just isn't enough sometimes. They'll be a 4-6 seed.

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:40 PM
They showed they could beat any team in the league last year, WITHOUT any sort of a post presence, nor half court shooting. Brand makes this team that much better.

njnets
07-09-2008, 04:02 PM
thats a pretty good team. if young becomes a nasty player, they will be great. shooting can be a problem with this lineup though.

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 04:10 PM
thats a pretty good team. if young becomes a nasty player, they will be great. shooting can be a problem with this lineup though.

Brand will help with that. If he shoots around 55% from the post, and opens up the floor for everyone else? Our halfcourt offense should be improved, while keeping our running game intact.

Meanwhile Josh Smith would've been AWFUL for this team, since he can't shoot worth a damn. Sure, would've been fun to watch, but they wouldn't have won basketball games.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:42 PM
The Sixers were a weird team last year, they werent a running team but they led the league in fastbreak efficiency.

Meaning that they scored the most PTS out of a fastbreak but they didnt play at a high pace the way the Warriors/Suns/Lakers did.

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
where do the Sixers go from here? Anyone?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Brand will help with that. If he shoots around 55% from the post, and opens up the floor for everyone else? Our halfcourt offense should be improved, while keeping our running game intact.

Meanwhile Josh Smith would've been AWFUL for this team, since he can't shoot worth a damn. Sure, would've been fun to watch, but they wouldn't have won basketball games.
Usually players who open up the floor for shooters are great passers, because of his height and lack of a true back to the basket post game hes not great out of passing from the post, and isnt very adept at reading double teams.

He'll make the kickouts once doubled but he cant scan the opposite side of the court to realize that the best pass he shouldve made was to guy whos man is helping double him.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
where do the Sixers go from here? Anyone?

Shooters

SMkoking
07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Shooters

yeah, they need a shooter, possibly two. who could they try and acquire though?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Depends on who their willing to give up (THAD?)

Luther Head (He chokes in the playoffs)
Brent Barry (Unlikely)

arlubas
07-09-2008, 05:08 PM

Brent Barry (Unlikely)

Thaddeus was considered a shooter back in college. Maybe he can get the chance to show that aspect of his game now that the Sixers have a low post presence in Brand?

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM

Brent Barry (Unlikely)

How do you consider a backup player choking in the playoffs?

Chronz
07-09-2008, 05:29 PM
How do you consider a backup player choking in the playoffs?

He couldnt perform his role on a team that so badly needed a boost off the bench.

Crunchy12489
07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Sixers are going to be a MONSTER not only on the East but they will give the West some problems too.

The reason why I think Elton Brand went to the Sixers is to give the Raptors (the next biggest lineup) some competition.

Andre Miller, Andre Iguodala, Willie Green?, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Louis Williams, Thaddeus Young, and Reggie Evans?

Andre Miller is going to set up Elton and Iguodala very well. Elton Brand is going to get his blocks, his shots, his post moves leading to points, and Dalembert can get the Offensive rebounds and pass it back to Elton for an easy assist and easy 2nd chance bucket. I expect Iguodala to step up after being knocked out of the playoffs... Same with Dalembert too... He's already a great shot blocker and great rebounder... Andre Miller is a great pass-first point guard too

Damn Philly is going to rise! I'm glad too.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Thaddeus Young will not be traded for ANYBODY.

He is a fan favorite and he is the most untouchable player on this team, even more so than brand.

Second youngest player in the NBA, performed really well in the playoffs. Averaged 10 ppg with absolutely NO plays run for him.

No way in hell the sixers trade thad

Ph1lly Diehard
07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Thaddeus Young will not be traded for ANYBODY.

He is a fan favorite and he is the most untouchable player on this team, even more so than brand.

Second youngest player in the NBA, performed really well in the playoffs. Averaged 10 ppg with absolutely NO plays run for him.

No way in hell the sixers trade thad

Let's be reasonable now, Thaddeus is untouchable you are right, but not as untouchable as Elton..

He got signed today..

roo3flash
07-09-2008, 09:22 PM

thats where youre wrong all the playoff teams in the east will be gud...im not saying that the 8th seed in the east will match the one in the 8th but it could happen a lot of teams got better such as heat raptors sixers and the wizards i say the wizards because of the fact that theyll have everyone healthy.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Let's be reasonable now, Thaddeus is untouchable you are right, but not as untouchable as Elton..

He got signed today..

ha maybe.

but people dont understand that thad is untouchable. as untouchable as a kevin durant or greg oden.

roo3flash
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
everyone is sleeping on the heat.there stats might look something like this

Mario chalmers-8pts and 6 assist
dwade-27pts 5rbs and 7
shawn marion-17pts and 11rbs
michael beastly-18 and 9
center will have at least a 6 and 6 stats

stat wize there equal to the celtics

mario<rajon
wade>len
marion>peirce only because of consitency peirce one night gets 30 point the next he gets 3
beastly<KG
CENTER<perkins

slugfest504
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
There now the 5th best team the east, thats of course subject to change but thats how i feel their ranked at the moment. Especially with the big men the other top teams have for him to contend with. KG, Howard, Oneal, Bosh, Wallace, etc..

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2008, 09:36 PM

dwade-27pts 5rbs and 7
michael beastly-18 and 9

mario<rajon
wade>len
marion>peirce only because of consitency peirce one night gets 30 point the next he gets 3
beastly<KG
CENTER<perkins

lol I KNOW people are sleepin on the heat... but the Celtics are a FAR better team than anybody else in the East right now.

Mario hasnt done anything in the league... Rondo showed up in the playoffs.

Wade is a superstar, but Ray is still pretty damn good himself.

Pierce solidified his spot as the 2nd best SF in the NBA behind Lebron James.
I dont know anybody else besides a heat fan who would take Marion over Pierce. Pierce is extremely consistent. Just because he scored 3 points in 1 freakin game in the finals, doesnt mean hes inconsistent, if u dont believe me, look at Pierce's game log on his NBA.com player profile page. He scores at least 15-20 a night EVERYNIGHT.

KG is KG and wayyy better than Beasley, who, once again, hasnt done **** in the league so far. I think Beasley will be a great player, but he needs to prove himself, as do all rookies coming into the NBA.

And you have no center. Mourning is a Risk, and BLount? seriously?

so no the heat do not match up well with the Celtics at all right now. Maybe in 2 years.

And believe me, I HATE THE CELTICS, i have no reason to defend them, but i also dont let bias get in the way of the facts.

Celtics are the best team right now bar none. And all the other east teams have a challenging road ahead of them.

Er1c
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
win a couple more games only

Ph1lly Diehard
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
win a couple more games only

I don't understand why some people are saying this..

Tell me how we only win a few more games, or how we get worse, or how we stay the same?

We just signed a perenial allstar in Brand, and we still have around 2m to sign a shooter..

We have 10 players, one of which will come probably through the 2m we have left, and the other one through Summer league (Jamont Gordon or Pat Carroll most likely)

ra8erfan111
07-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Gotta say they are going to be in the top 4 if healthy.
1. Boston
2. Washington
3. Toronto
4. Philly

Cleveland still finding someone to help Lebron, Detroit won't be the same after this last playoff performance and coaching changes.

Legitimate
07-10-2008, 12:01 AM
If Brand is healthy, the sixers are going to instantly become a defensively gifted team. The sixers are better or just as good as Detroit. They won 40+ games without Brand, well guess what they have a bordereline allstar and a team leader now. This was an excellent signing considering, the atlantic division was once a girly division, but it had turned into jungle, with all teams making moves like crazy just to make the playoffs. Igy avg like 2 steals a game, miller avg like 1 steal a game, dalembart and brand should avg at least 4 blocks agame shared between the 2 of them. A guaranteed 7 turnovers a game for oppossing teams..

Catfish1314
07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Cheeks is an underrated coach. He can make this work well so I can see a 50 win season from them. 3rd-6th in the East.

Crunchy12489
07-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Gotta say they are going to be in the top 4 if healthy.
1. Boston
2. Washington
3. Toronto
4. Philly

Cleveland still finding someone to help Lebron, Detroit won't be the same after this last playoff performance and coaching changes.

What???

Where's Orlando and Detroit? Do they just fade from existence?

Especially Detroit... That team has made the playoffs every year... Top seed(s) most of the time... Until Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Dwight Howard, and Hedo Turkoglu have career-ending injuries, I don't see Toronto ahead of Detroit. Toronto over Orlando? Yeah, but Philly has to fight Orlando off.

Philly will be a beast for years to come... They just have to get their chemistry straight... I say they are a 4th to 5th seed finish next season!

My predictions:

1) Boston
2) Detroit
3) Toronto
4) Orlando
5) Philadelphia
6) Cleveland
7) Atlanta
8) Milwaukee/Nets
9) Nets/Milwaukee

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 12:45 AM
I don't understand why some people are saying this..

Tell me how we only win a few more games, or how we get worse, or how we stay the same?

We just signed a perenial allstar in Brand, and we still have around 2m to sign a shooter..

We have 10 players, one of which will come probably through the 2m we have left, and the other one through Summer league (Jamont Gordon or Pat Carroll most likely)

because the 6ers got really really hot last year. and they still didn't have a good record.

Knowledge
07-10-2008, 01:13 AM
i think people underestimate how young this team is and how much potential the younger players have. Lou, Thad, Iggy, and Smith are all under 25 years old i believe. Iggy is oldest and i think he is 24 going on 25. Even willie green and Sammy D are under 27 i believe and they are our veterans.

It is only natural all these players will improve and our shooting will also naturally improve as most young players get better at shooting with time. The reason our 2nd half of the season was more successful than first half was because we changed our offensive system mid way through season.

From traditional O to run and gun.
Defense was pretty good all year long.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM

dwade-27pts 5rbs and 7
michael beastly-18 and 9

mario<rajon
wade>len
beastly<KG
CENTER<perkins

please tell me your not serious saying marion is better than Pierce.
NO EFEN WAY.

Pierce is the FINALS MVP, marion is the guy the suns kicked out bc they couldnt win with him. Pierce beat kobe, wat the heck has marion done???

mario chalmers is better than Rondo??
Rondo is the PG of the NBA champions. chalmers played 3 summer league games. Rondo does everything chalmers can do except better. other than shooting, Rondo is quicker, faster, dunks over centers, knows how to run a team, and comes up with a lot of steals.

the heat are improved but NO WHERE NEAR THE CELTICS.

SHONIE
07-10-2008, 12:09 PM
please tell me your not serious saying marion is better than Pierce.
NO EFEN WAY.

Pierce is the FINALS MVP, marion is the guy the suns kicked out bc they couldnt win with him. Pierce beat kobe, wat the heck has marion done???

mario chalmers is better than Rondo??
Rondo is the PG of the NBA champions. chalmers played 3 summer league games. Rondo does everything chalmers can do except better. other than shooting, Rondo is quicker, faster, dunks over centers, knows how to run a team, and comes up with a lot of steals.

the heat are improved but NO WHERE NEAR THE CELTICS.

...He didn't say chalmers is better than rondo...

Lettuce137
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
49-33 record. 4th seed. Second Round exit after 7 game series.