PDA

View Full Version : CB4 vs KG

truRAPTORSfan
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
who is better KG or CB4 i would go with CB4 probably because i'm a raps fan and a Bos hater. KG is more intense but CB4 is still on the up raise and still is learning the game

Dragan
07-08-2008, 11:14 PM
KG is a champion. Bosh is very good, but is not there yet.

The Wise 1
07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Boston wouldnt have won if they had Bosh instead of KG. I dont think Bosh will ever be able to reach KG's level simply because of his body. Bosh will never be considered a great defender because he doesnt have the body. KG, while wiry strong also, is a little stronger and 3 or 4 inches longer and that makes a big difference IMO.

Offense

Bosh>KG by a little

Defense

KG>Bosh by a landslide

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
They both are similar and nows it a tie because Garnett is on the decline. He struggled offensively in the playoffs much like bosh.

ink
07-08-2008, 11:46 PM
KG no doubt.

Fion
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Kg bc he has amazing defense and leadership abilities. I might choose chris right now though bc hes younger, so chris will be better in a few years.

Bramaca
07-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Bosh is a really good player but he isn't on KG's level.

pacman16
07-09-2008, 12:10 AM
KG by far right now.. hopefully JO teaches bosh sum dee

BigEric
07-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Garnett's defensive presence is key to their success.

B2B
07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Only way I pick Bosh is if I was considering age.

Italiano
07-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Kevin Garnett

reevanson
07-09-2008, 02:28 AM
I feel that KG is a better player right now, at this point in both of thier careers I would not trade Bosh for KG if that makes any sense.

Fion
07-09-2008, 02:49 AM
I feel that KG is a better player right now, at this point in both of thier careers I would not trade Bosh for KG if that makes any sense.

right bc chris is younger. right now kg is better, but in 3 years? most likely bosh will be better.

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 07:02 AM
KG wins because of defence and warrior personality.....Not that chris doesn't go hard....But KG inspires people with his intence personality.

mpickup
07-09-2008, 08:14 AM
If I'm a GM, I take CB4...he's younger, better offensive game, cheaper...
-Someone said "KG is a champion"....NO!!!! He was missing the playoffs in Minnesota until he was traded to play with 2 other future hall of famers!

He may be a better defensive player than Bosh, but that's it.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
KG right now. Don't worry though, Bosh hasn't reached his prime yet and still has years to come.

Bob_at_york
07-09-2008, 10:54 AM
You ask which is better at this moment it is KG. Sure Bosh is on the uprise and KG might be on the decline but you didn't ask which one you want, you asked which is better and right now the answer is KG.

Icebox922
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Boston wouldnt have won if they had Bosh instead of KG. I dont think Bosh will ever be able to reach KG's level simply because of his body. Bosh will never be considered a great defender because he doesnt have the body. KG, while wiry strong also, is a little stronger and 3 or 4 inches longer and that makes a big difference IMO.

Offense

Bosh>KG by a little

Defense

KG>Bosh by a landslide

How can you say that Boston wouldnt have won if Bosh was there instead of KG . I dont know where you got your facts from but it seems like youre just one of those people who watch the game from time to time . read some news papers and claim it your own.

Celtics won because of THE BIG THREE ... Paul Pierce did most of the work. and no matter if they have KG or BOSH they will still win the championship.

as youre saying about BOSH Will never each KGS level.. what is KGS LEVEL? scream on the court and pump the fist?

maybe you forgot that when KG was playing for the timberwolves they try to give him as much supporting cast as they can but really they cant do much much more than that because they pay the guy too much.

KG been on the league for 13 years..and if he didnt team up with RAY ALLEN AND PAUL PIERCE do you think he will ever win the championship?

BOSH still got a long way to go , so you cant compare BOSH AND KG and if you talk about upside and skill level? BOSH has much much more upside than KG and a lot of more skills than KG.. the only thing bosh is lacking is the EXPERIENCE and that MIND SET that KG has.. OH YEAH .. THE PUMP FIST AND THE SCREAM...

JermanJaysFan
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
How can you say that Boston wouldnt have won if Bosh was there instead of KG . I dont know where you got your facts from but it seems like youre just one of those people who watch the game from time to time . read some news papers and claim it your own.

Celtics won because of THE BIG THREE ... Paul Pierce did most of the work. and no matter if they have KG or BOSH they will still win the championship.
I tend to agree with him. KG quarterbacked the league's best D in Boston. This Boston team was expected to win by blowing teams out offensively, but KG helped to hold together an incredibly tight team defense, something I don't think that Bosh can do (yet??).

Sure, Paul Pierce came through huge in the finals, but it was KG's impact that got them there.

BOSH still got a long way to go , so you cant compare BOSH AND KG and if you talk about upside and skill level? BOSH has much much more upside than KG and a lot of more skills than KG.. the only thing bosh is lacking is the EXPERIENCE and that MIND SET that KG has.. OH YEAH .. THE PUMP FIST AND THE SCREAM...
You are also leaving out the class-of-the-league defense and playmaking that KG has.

Ramon Nivar
07-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Easily KG. Biggest difference is that KG can play like a true PF at times while Bosh still plays like a SG/PF all the time. Defense is a big difference but I think KG is overrated at defense. He's great but Bosh is closer to him on defense than people realize.

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM

as youre saying about BOSH Will never each KGS level.. what is KGS LEVEL? scream on the court and pump the fist?

maybe you forgot that when KG was playing for the timberwolves they try to give him as much supporting cast as they can but really they cant do much much more than that because they pay the guy too much.

KG been on the league for 13 years..and if he didnt team up with RAY ALLEN AND PAUL PIERCE do you think he will ever win the championship?

I said that because Bosh would not have brought that defensive intensity to the Celtics. If you know basketball you would realize that CB4 is really no where close to KG. Defence, shooting, passing, rebounding and leadership is what make KG superior to Bosh. Yes I am aware of Tom Thidedoue (SP?)

KG's level is top 50 all time and probably a lot higher. It's not just "screaming and pumping his fist".

Yes I remember him in Minnesota playing against the West with a bunch of nobody's and getting eliminated in the 1st round year after year, but I also remember the one year he actually had help with the likes of Sam I Am and Sprewell and he led them to the Western Conference Finals. You cant blame him for signing that contract, what would you do? If I remember correctly, he took a pay cut under the old CBA and then wanted to take another pay cut but the league wouldnt allow it.

Yes I believe he would of won a championship if he didnt get traded to Boston. He was going to get traded that summer and it was going to be to a good team.

Exactly, Bosh still has a long way to go. So why the **** are you attacking me when you just agreed with me? It was your 1st post eh, why didnt you just man up and use your normal account you post on? Tom the basketball guru come out and play. And I can compare them cause that's what the ****ing topic is about.

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 12:22 PM
BOSH still got a long way to go , so you cant compare BOSH AND KG and if you talk about upside and skill level? BOSH has much much more upside than KG and a lot of more skills than KG.

How nice of you to bring up something that the OP asked nothing about. Maybe if you watched basketball a little more you would realize

Passing - KG
Shot Blocking - KG
Strength - KG
Rebounding - KG
Defense - KG
Leadership - KG
Mid Range game - KG
Ball Handling - KG

The only skill I'd say Bosh is better then KG is his face up game. So where does "and a lot more skill than KG" come from?

B2B
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
If I'm a GM, I take CB4...he's younger, better offensive game, cheaper...
-Someone said "KG is a champion"....NO!!!! He was missing the playoffs in Minnesota until he was traded to play with 2 other future hall of famers!

He may be a better defensive player than Bosh, but that's it.

I'm gonna ask you a ? as I don't really know the answer to myself but would like to know.

You say KG is not a champion & required 2 hall of famers to win. My question is what star player has won the championship without one other star?. The only one I know of who came close but didn't win was Lebron. If you do know of a star who has won without complimentry stars, I would like to know who?.

MJ had Pippen
Magic had Kareem
Kobe had Shaq
Wade had Shaq
etc....

Lebron ?. came the closest to my knowledge

Icebox922
07-09-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna ask you a ? as I don't really know the answer to myself but would like to know.

You say KG is not a champion & required 2 hall of famers to win. My question is what star player has won the championship without one other star?. The only one I know of who came close but didn't win was Lebron. If you do know of a star who has won without complimentry stars, I would like to know who?.

MJ had Pippen
Magic had Kareem
Kobe had Shaq
Wade had Shaq
etc....

Lebron ?. came the closest to my knowledge

THANK YOU!!!!

Michael Jordan You can practically say that he wont it all by himself.. Anyone here that wants to step up and say that S.PIPPEN is an amazing player. Then you never played ball in your entire life.

Scottie Pippen is garbage MICHAEL JORDAN made him a star and even place the guy to the 50 greatest player which HE DONT REALLY DESERVES TO BE THERE.

and TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ...i kinda feel like smashing all you pretenders..

HAKEEM OLAJUWON Won the championship

and dont reply back to me saying .. SAM CASSEL coz sam cassel was averaging 6 points 2 assist a game..

B2B
07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
THANK YOU!!!!

Michael Jordan You can practically say that he wont it all by himself.. Anyone here that wants to step up and say that S.PIPPEN is an amazing player. Then you never played ball in your entire life.

Scottie Pippen is garbage MICHAEL JORDAN made him a star and even place the guy to the 50 greatest player which HE DONT REALLY DESERVES TO BE THERE.

and TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ...i kinda feel like smashing all you pretenders..

HAKEEM OLAJUWON Won the championship

and dont reply back to me saying .. SAM CASSEL coz sam cassel was averaging 6 points 2 assist a game..

Who was on the Dream's team when he won?.

B2B
07-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Respect for Hakeem Olajuwon, who somehow managed to place only fifth in NBA MVP balloting and who, despite a superhuman performance during the 1994 title run, never drew even a fraction of the commercial acclaim that went to some far less talented but more "colorful" rivals.

Respect for Clyde Drexler, one of the NBA's class acts for a dozen years, who as of the start of the 1995 NBA Finals had scored more playoff points than any active player but had never won a championship ring. It took a flight alongside his college teammate "Hakeem the Dream" for "Clyde the Glide" to achieve his title dream.

Respect for Tomjanovich, who is rarely mentioned when discussion turns to the NBA's top coaches -- but is there a better coach anywhere at getting the most from his players, who to a man seem eager to run through walls for him?

"We did this as a team," said Kenny Smith, who teamed with Cassell to give the Rockets an impressive one-two point guard punch. "We stuck together and believed in ourselves. That's how we got here."

Houston's 14-for-32 shooting from the arc broke the single-team records of 10 made and 22 attempted.

For Houston, Drexler matched Smith's 23 points and also had a team-high 11 rebounds in a strong performance, while Robert Horry came up big with 19 points, eight rebounds and five blocks.

Olajuwon had 31 points and 14 rebounds, both game highs, while Drexler had 25 points and 13 rebounds. They each had seven assists as well.

"I've said from the beginning that Hakeem is great and Hakeem carries their team," said Hill. "But right now their team is getting its energy from Clyde Drexler. Clyde is huge.

Horry continued his fine all-around play with 20 points and nine rebounds, while Elie came through with 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting from the field.

Olajuwon closed out the scoring by uncharacteristically hitting a three-pointer from the right corner. He finished with 35 points and 15 rebounds and was unanimously voted NBA Finals MVP for the second year in a row, joining Michael Jordan as the only players ever to win the honor in consecutive years.

Asked whether the playoffs represented the best basketball of his career, Olajuwon typically turned the focus away from himself and onto his team.

"Yes, I agree, but I think it was because of this team, the style of play. We're playing team basketball, aggressive defense, hitting more outside shots which opened the floor and gave me more room to operate inside. And also, we played with more experience after what we had done last year."

Much like Jordan Hakeem was the class of his team, by in far their best player but the reason I quoted what I did was to show that although he was Houstons best player he did not do it alone. Lebron as great as he is cannot do it alone.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/19941995.html

By the way if that smashing comment was directed at me, catch your self as my good nature has limits.

Cortez
07-09-2008, 03:57 PM
KG is better
hes a leader and i think he brings more to a team then chris
but one day chris will b better
just give him 2 more years

B2B
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I was going to reply to you but I can see you're ignorant. All I've been doing since you're post is laughing my *** off at you, you need help on many levels.

Call me what you want as much as you want if you're not doing it to my face I'll watch you like a *****.

Icebox922
07-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I was going to reply to you but I can see you're ignorant. All I've been doing since you're post is laughing my *** off at you, you need help on many levels.

Call me what you want as much as you want if you're not doing it to my face I'll watch you like a *****.

thats right redirect the topic because you cant say isssh....

consider yourself schooled.....

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm attacking you? No im attacking your stupidity. Youre no GURU youre a wannabe.
You said you can compare them because this is what the topic is about? who made the f**king topic anyways?

Sigh :rolleyes:, Tom was a new poster who attacked me earlier this week and then disappeared once I proved him wrong.

Yeah I know this might confuse you, but I answered the original posters question. It's a strange concept isnt it? Cant quite get your head around it can you? truRAPTORSfan was the one who asked a very good question in which everyone responded too in a calm matter except you.

Must be a dumb idiot to compare a veteran to a guy who's just starting to establish himself in the league.

Well considering both are long, skinny, perimeter oriented bigs, quick and have been compared to eachother before when CB4 was in the draft, I think it was a very good question.

SO that says it ALL YOURE A DUMB IDIOT...

K, looking at your other posts in this topic I'm starting to assume your a troll. I dont even know why I'm wasting my time responding to you.

for all i know you're just another guy who watched the finals and be like whoa look at garnet won the championship FINALLY.. let me make him my hero.. YOURE A DUMB *** just shut your mouth and know your facts before you post. and NO Im not hiding with this sn... I JUST CANT TAKE YOUR STUPIDITY THATS WHY.. haha

Wow that's hilarious, haha pure comedic gold haha. You still havent responded as to why you think Boston would of won with Bosh also instead of Garnett.

Bob_at_york
07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
thats right redirect the topic because you cant say isssh....

consider yourself schooled.....

Consider yourself banned for 3 days. Over the 3 days please return to the forums watch how most of us discuss issues/arguments with each other. Also make sure you read the rules that are posted here at PSD. If you follow them then I am sure this will be your only ban. See you soon,

Bob

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 04:45 PM

argo
07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
this is a tougher question than it seems at first. i originally thought KG in his prime, Bosh now... but KG just won a title with a team that was terrible the year before (minus Jefferson etc, + Ray Allen etc) - says a lot about the guys leadership.
he was the anchor on D, lane intimidator, doesn't miss games, brings it every night - hall of fame no doubt.. i guess i'm hoping Bosh is on his way to becoming just as great, and we'll have a championship here in the next 5 years.

truRAPTORSfan
07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
in the next 3 years

Goon.Weezy
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
in a few years BOSH will become the next KG

argo
07-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Mitchel played with KG... he's probably pushing CB in that direction.

kanersen
07-09-2008, 11:58 PM
kevin garnett is an all time great
i don't think bosh will ever get to kg's level, although he has plenty of time to prove me wrong

raptors_516
07-10-2008, 01:30 AM
kg because his defense is better than bosh's

carruthers32
07-10-2008, 02:05 AM
KG now, but Bosh in a few years.