PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs are a POSSIBILITY!

BigEric
07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
With all the movement between the Warriors/Clippers and turmoil, we still have our whole team, with the chemistry from last season. I'm not saying we are definetly going to make it, but we have a chance. I don't care what people say, a team produces wins, not JUST individual talent. Our assist/turnover ratio must improve, and our interior defence and if we can get that fixed we should surprise.

I took some time to think about it, and I like the spot we are in, what does everyone think?

kfranks22
07-08-2008, 11:25 PM
With all the movement between the Warriors/Clippers and turmoil, we still have our whole team, with the chemistry from last season. I'm not saying we are definetly going to make it, but we have a chance. I don't care what people say, a team produces wins, not JUST individual talent. Our assist/turnover ratio must improve, and our interior defence and if we can get that fixed we should surprise.

I took some time to think about it, and I like the spot we are in, what does everyone think?

Neither the Clippers or the Warriors made the playoffs last year so their turmoil and movements really have no barring over our chances of making the playoffs... Which unfortunatly at this point is slim to none.

Beno7500
07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
We have a chance. The clips and the warriors bothered us last season so it looks like they will not be too good next season. We lost 6 games between these two teams. we are not as bad as everyone thinks.

What we need to do:
rebound
move the ball
win road games
defense

If all that is improved, we SHOULD be in the playoffs

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Well, there is a still a lot of time left in the offseason, so moves still can be made. However, if we are looking at teams right now, yes we have a legit shot at making the playoffs. Especially, if we can keep our roster healthy. Although, both these teams did not make the playoffs last year, so I wouldn't get are hopes up too high.

Agent008
07-09-2008, 12:30 AM
If we keep our team as is, we have a legit shot. I think its going to depend a lot on our play at the PG. Beno is a solid PG, but who comes in when he sits down?

I don't think the Clippers or Warriors will make the playoffs. I think the Blazers will probably get in this year. We may be able to battle it out with the Mavericks and Nuggets for the last spot. Although injuries can change a lot of things during the season - both for us and other teams.

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
If we keep our team as is, we have a legit shot. I think its going to depend a lot on our play at the PG. Beno is a solid PG, but who comes in when he sits down?

I don't think the Clippers or Warriors will make the playoffs. I think the Blazers will probably get in this year. We may be able to battle it out with the Mavericks and Nuggets for the last spot. Although injuries can change a lot of things during the season - both for us and other teams.

As I said before, the off-season has just begun. Many more moves can be made, so any team can come out and get better and rise above us. Also, our playoff hopes also depend on Miller, and how long Artest remains a King. Even on how the younger guys can produce. We have so many question marks, but there is still a possibility, it just isn't too likely.

Beno7500
07-09-2008, 12:47 AM
But remember last year we had a rookie coach, a mid season trade, many injuries, and a new pg. we have a really good chance to make it next season

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 12:53 AM
But remember last year we had a rookie coach, a mid season trade, many injuries, and a new pg. we have a really good chance to make it next season

Yes, this is all true. Although, we weren't that close from making the playoffs. We won 33 and the Nuggets won 50. We have a chance though, I'm just saying I wouldn't count on it.

Beno7500
07-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Fair enough

DerekRE_3
07-09-2008, 04:27 AM
Yes, this is all true. Although, we weren't that close from making the playoffs. We won 33 and the Nuggets won 50. We have a chance though, I'm just saying I wouldn't count on it.

We won 38. But I still agree that we are a long shot to make the playoffs.

Chronz
07-09-2008, 07:43 AM
So long as the Kings continue to spend the MLE on overrated players they will get no where.

mickybrneyes20
07-09-2008, 10:35 AM
While it seems like almost all teams in the NBA are making bold offseason moves, our wise GM is sitting on his hands. Come on Geoff, DO SOMETHING! I think it's comical you would even suggest playoffs. I think unless something changes we'll be hoping for 40 wins.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Kings do have a good lineup. If players like Beno Udrih and Kevin Martin continue to progress Kings have a chance.

JR8536
07-09-2008, 12:27 PM
you know...im really getting sick and tired of seeing all these other teams in the NBA getting better..and Kings arent doing ANTYHING...i mean seriously..DO something..trade artest..i liked him alot..but no hes saying he made a mistake??..why would you want a player like that??? do something Petrie...stop sitting around and watching everyone else get better...i like our team..i think we have the scorers at the 1 2 and 3 spots..but we need a banger at 4 or 5..i like miller alot too..but i think a banger at 4 will be good..rebounder who can get us like 10 and 10 a game..thats all we need..its annoying seeing every team get better..i mean seriously..DO SOMETHING!

RocketsRule
07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
We won 38. But I still agree that we are a long shot to make the playoffs.

Yeah, my bad. Although, that's still a lot of games.

you know...im really getting sick and tired of seeing all these other teams in the NBA getting better..and Kings arent doing ANTYHING...i mean seriously..DO something..trade artest..i liked him alot..but no hes saying he made a mistake??..why would you want a player like that??? do something Petrie...stop sitting around and watching everyone else get better...i like our team..i think we have the scorers at the 1 2 and 3 spots..but we need a banger at 4 or 5..i like miller alot too..but i think a banger at 4 will be good..rebounder who can get us like 10 and 10 a game..thats all we need..its annoying seeing every team get better..i mean seriously..DO SOMETHING!

I understand your frustration, looking at what other teams have done. Petrie likes to take his time with these kind of things and get the best offer available. I'm sure there's is a team willing to give up more than enough to get him, Petrie is just waiting for the right deal. We need help at the 4, unless Thompson can come in and immediately produce, which I doubt. Also, he made a move already. He signed Beno to a 5 yr contract.

DerekRE_3
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Again, Petrie is not going to make a move just to make a move. Patience is a virtue.

I'll give you an example. The Warriors, once they found out they were going to lose Baron, started offering a bunch of money to every other big name free agent, even if they don't need that player or that player doesn't fit the team. They are looking so desperate now.

Agent008
07-15-2008, 10:36 PM
The Nuggets just traded Marcus Camby to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick. As everything stands right now, I think that we are probably better than the Nuggets - who now have absolutely no defense. But we have to see what happens with Artest.

Kyle N.
07-21-2008, 02:08 AM
The Nuggets just traded Marcus Camby to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick. As everything stands right now, I think that we are probably better than the Nuggets - who now have absolutely no defense. But we have to see what happens with Artest.

As everything stands right now, I think the Monarchs could drop 100 on the Nuggets. Seriously though, don't everybody freak out at once. Making a bunch of moves doesn't mean the team automatically gets better. Look at the Grizzlies. Also, the Hornets hardly did any trading before the season and they were way better this past season. They just had a lot of injured players two years ago. And after what we saw with the Celtics, anything is possible, and we still have plenty of time to make trades, so don't give up on the Kings yet.

Beno7500
07-21-2008, 02:17 AM
I don't think anyone is giving up. If anything, we can't wait until next season.

Kyle N.
07-21-2008, 02:41 AM
I don't think anyone is giving up. If anything, we can't wait until next season.

We need to get rid of Artest before the season starts. But like you said, we just need some improvment in a couple areas, so we don't need to go crazy dismantling the rest of our team. If we get a good player for Artest such as Marion and we are mostly injury free next year, I think we can make the playoffs. It would help if Mikki stepped up his game too.

Beno7500
07-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Or get rid of Artest at the deadline so he will be playing really good for a new lucrative contract from another team

Kyle N.
07-21-2008, 04:26 AM
Or get rid of Artest at the deadline so he will be playing really good for a new lucrative contract from another team

Well as long as he's gone and the Lakers don't win a championship. Then we can rest happily.

KB24PG16
07-21-2008, 05:36 AM
look u little queens u guys arent making the playoffs for atleast two more years

BigEric
07-21-2008, 01:45 PM
look u little queens u guys arent making the playoffs for atleast two more years

Stay in your own thread buddy.

Beno7500
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Kick rocks and pound some sand

Kings Faithful
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM

And after Bryant leaves you guys aren't making the playoffs ever again. Enjoy your 1 man team while it lasts.