PDA

View Full Version : Do We Trade Stephen Jackson Now?

Conor
07-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Unless Baron pulls a fast one and re-signs with us now that Brand is a 76er, I have a feeling Jackson will want out considering his BFF teammate (Baron) is gone, and he has to share time with Maggette if he stays. Trading him could be a mistake considering he's one of the few proven, and our only top notch defender but at the same time his value is at an all time high with his calmed attitude and career year. So do we shop him around? What do we look for in return if we do?

djeller1139
07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
I think it all depends on what happens tonight. I think we need to see if anything really happens with Baron coming back to the Warriors or not. If he does, then i say we trade him, but for what im not sure.

Lincoln Logs
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I would rather not see Jackson go, personally. The only lock down defender, and the heart and soul of last year team. He fits perfectly with the Warriors. But its true that his value is at its highest now, but I don't know if we will get anyone for him who will give us as much production and heart in Nelson's system as Jackson. Trade Harrington for either PG(if baron doesnt come crawling back) or a cheaper, younger backup PF instead. I believe in Wright.

Like DJELLER we can't really say till all of this ends and people actually sign their contracts.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I think we need to keep Sjax... He has changed alot and makes better. although, he does shoot us out of games at times but after losing baron and jrich he is the heart of the team.. unless we get a equal value or a game changer we need to keep em...

jmethlo
07-08-2008, 11:12 PM
OMG what has has to sports. You keep you best players instead of thinking what I can get for him. Trash the Billy Beane Money Ball talk. The Oakland A's just traded their best pitcher on the staff away because of the money ball concept and his value will never be higher. Teams that use this concept although they may be competitive they will never compete for a championship because they never hold onto their best player.

oracle650
07-08-2008, 11:13 PM
keep steve jackson

Conor
07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
It's not about just trading our best player for the hell of it (which Jackson is not), it's about balancing our team. We already have Maggette, Azubuike (hopefully), Belinelli, and Monta assuming we trade for a true PG. And Jackson could very well turn into a cancer if he doesn't get what he wants and doesn't have Baron on the team.

oracle650
07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
if baron is gone jackson is our best player. I love ellis but you know he plays no d. and in the half court he is limited. I just don't see who else is our best player with no captain jack....

Bosh=nextKG
07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I think we could trade him but i would like to keep him, i just wanna sign Josh Smith, trade Harrington for a pg, and resign our dudes and be done for this offseason.

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
i think they believe they will b a nice 1 2 punch

Mister Mitty
07-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Trade SJack to the Spurs for a first round pick. The spurs are looking to get more athletic at the wing with some scoring punch and defensive presence. Duncan loves SJack and Popovich has already dealt with him.

Then with the cap space go for Josh Smith or an Okafor to shore up our interior D and rebounding.

IamTurboman
07-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Monta is our point guard!!!! I know he is a turn over machine, but if he was to ever be an elite player it will be as a PG!

I do think that we should get a good backup PG to play 25 minutes a night to help Monta while he switches to SG.

MYWARRIORS
07-09-2008, 12:10 AM
The only heart left with Warriors is SJ. You trade him, who is your leader? Monta? AL? We got nobody to give us a spark and warriors feed on it. We loose SJ, this will be a team with prospects and no (at least we had some) true identity.

Conor
07-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Jackson is an awesome leader in the right situation. But if he becomes disgruntled, he's a team's chemistry's worst nightmare.

IamTurboman
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
He is our SG as of right now!

ozzyalcala
07-09-2008, 12:32 AM
never trade jack... he is the best defender, he can guard from chris bosh to andre iguadava it would be folish to trade a player that can play shoting guard all the way to power forward.... no matter what he stays( unless he wants out).

gswarriors09
07-09-2008, 12:32 AM
dont trade him. we need a veteran presence on our team.with baron gone he really needs to stay.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Keep our captain..we need him..not sure about this maggette signing tho & how they're going 2 work the line-up..cuz i still see monta as our 2 but guess we'll find out what happens

ridere46
07-09-2008, 02:25 AM
we keep him. Jax is too valuable to lose. he can play pg, sg, sf, pf, even center one some occasions. he fits the running style of the Ws. it would be nice to get josh smith and/or hinrich. you never know.

lastsaint74
07-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Value is at all time high, plus we need to make room for Okafor or Josh Smith. Harrington for Hinrich sounds good too!!!

Hinrich
Ellis
Maggette
Smith or Okafor
Biedrins

6th Man of the Year Azubuike!!!

Tmac416
07-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Stpehn Jackson is not leaving. he found home here. he is not gonnawant to leave. baron is gonna still be a clipper even though his best freidn brand bailed. jackson like sit here and he was always the vocal leader. he isnt leaving

Saltinuts40
07-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Captain Jack is the heart and soul of this team. He is our best defender and most versatile player.

Our lineup can be:

PG Ellis
SG Maggette
SF Jack
PF Wright
C Biedrins

PG Hinrich (6th Man)
SG Ellis
SF Maggette
PF Jackson
C Biedrins

Rest of the Rotation: