PDA

View Full Version : New Signings and what they mean.

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Mickael Pietrus to the Magic

Fresh off of the bench is a guy who brings nice defense to the table but it feels like they don't really need him that bad unless they use him as a sg b/c Rashard Lewis and Hedo are doing pretty good.

Elton Brand to Go to the 76ers

This doesn't just affect philly the clippers probably gonna lose baron davis also b/c he wanted to play with brand in LA. The sixers are bringing in a guranteed double double (if healthy) and a mvp calibur big man.

Josh Smith to -__________-

Josh Smith is a defensive monster and brings terrific help defense and has great athleticism. He is on the market still but will most likely go back to Atlanta b/c w/out him they are hopeless. The sixers have signed brand so they will not sign him and that was his favorite offer and I dont think he would want to go to the lifeless clippers.

Maggette to Warriors

Maggette has been a good sg/sf for years but has played like he would like to. He has the talent to lead a team, not just come off of the bench and get 20. If the warriors lose B-Diddy expect him to show out next season.

Jones to the Heat

The Heat lost their top shooter james posey and decided to add james jones to the lineup. I think the Heat still have many moves to make this offseason like getting rid of marion but it will work out eventually. James Jones is a proven shooter and was a good backup in Pheonix.

crew158
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Who does Baron go to if he doesnt sign?

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 10:39 PM
back to the warriors with maggette

run away from the clippers like maggette did

phillyphan4ever
07-08-2008, 10:56 PM
this made me think is there a possibility the clippers sign josh smith, then davis will take the deal with the clips, or was it just if brand stayed?

Knicks845
07-08-2008, 10:57 PM
you forgot the most important one!, the heat signed...JAMES JONES.

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
well do they play cook??? and if josh smith goes to the clips i think it wuld b best 4 baron to just go back 2 the warriors still

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Who has money for Baron Davis? Maybe Charlotte???

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 11:29 PM
josh smith is beast if he goes to the clips davis will go don't worry

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
hahaha charolotte doesnt kno wat to do wit talent!!!

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
This means the 76ers are one of the top teams in the East, and are true contenders for the not only next year, but the next years to come.

5 years of Elton Brand and Iggy on the same team= Contenders for a longgg time.

Basically, instead of being with teams like the Bucks/Heat/Hawks/Bobcats, were now with the teams such as the Raptors/Cavaliers/Wizards.

Difference means= Instead of 7-8 seed, were going to be fighint for seeds 3-6

Should be a fun fun season in Philly, and expect alot of sell outs in the Wachovia Center!

crew158
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Great signing by Philly! Makes them legit contenders in the east and gets Brand out of the West. Love it.

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
mmmm they hav sum young players who hav 2 get sum shine so not next year but mayb the year after that we will c them n the finals if the cleveland LeBron's can do it than so can the sixers

cmellofan15
07-09-2008, 12:24 AM
but not if the heat and the bulls show up next season

niners395
07-09-2008, 12:42 AM
i think we forgot the most important signing of all! the amazing backup guard Chris Duhon going to the knickerbockers. Thats gonna help a lot.:rolleyes:

cmellofan15
07-09-2008, 12:48 AM
i look at the knocks like i do the bobcats

ALOTTA talent

+

a little bit of coachin
--------------------------------------------

a team that goes nowhere for the next couple of years

Lo Porto
07-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Baron will probably stay with his commitment to the Clippers. He'd be a bigger star there. Ellis, Maggette, Jackson and Biedrins would be a better team around him, but he burnt that bridge. Baron will be okay in L.A. with Kaman, young Thornton, young Eric Gordon, Tim Thomas and other players they will acquire. My bet is that the Clippers go after all the restricted free agents starting with Josh Smith. Eventually, they might end up overpaying for a guy like Ben Gordon.

If the Clippers were smart, they would trade for players other teams are looking to dump like Kirilenko (good all purpose guy for next to Kaman), Al Harrington (connection with Baron), Marion (like AK, would be good fit with Baron), Diaw (could play 3/4), or Barbosa (could play the 2). Overpaying free agents or restricted free agents doesn't work because the Charlottes and Atlantas and Chicagos end up matching. However, taking other teams' overpaid but proven vets usually leads to improvement and additional draft picks sometimes.

BH-Sports
07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
This means the 76ers are one of the top teams in the East, and are true contenders for the not only next year, but the next years to come.

Basically, instead of being with teams like the Bucks/Heat/Hawks/Bobcats, were now with the teams such as the Raptors/Cavaliers/Wizards.

Should be a fun fun season in Philly, and expect alot of sell outs in the Wachovia Center!

I dont know why you are so happy.. Sixers are anywhere near Raptors/Cavaliers/Wizards. Why would you guys waste all that money on Brand, who isnt a proven player who can lead a team by himself or even another with him. You guys shouldv kept your money and sign a big FA in 2010. Now your locked up with Brand who is only getting older.

Sixers still have alot of work to do. You guys had a lucky run at the end.

Nets fan 93
07-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Wouldnt Pietrus be a 2?
Nelson-Pietrus-Turk-Shard-D12 :speechless:

BTW: must be a great day for 76ers fans :(

Thng is they have no bench...

cmellofan15
07-09-2008, 01:57 AM
I dont know why you are so happy.. Sixers are anywhere near Raptors/Cavaliers/Wizards. Why would you guys waste all that money on Brand, who isnt a proven player who can lead a team by himself or even another with him. You guys shouldv kept your money and sign a big FA in 2010. Now your locked up with Brand who is only getting older.

THANK U!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

ive been tryin 2 tell everybody that

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-09-2008, 02:23 AM

how could you say brand not a proven player, he averages bout 20ppg and 10reb for his career played pretty healthy most of his career expect last season now with that said i agree that sixers do need a lil more work but if iggy comes back i still put them anywhere bewteen 5-8(5 only if someone gets injured and they stay healthy) in the east. if there happy with that why rain on there parade.

TheBatchelor213
07-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Means that Brand is dookie.

OaklandsFinest
07-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Baron come back and win a title!!!!!

TheBatchelor213
07-09-2008, 04:08 AM
be on the look out for the Elton Brand diss track by yours truly, hopefully by weeks end.

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Wouldnt Pietrus be a 2?
Nelson-Pietrus-Turk-Shard-D12 :speechless:

BTW: must be a great day for 76ers fans :(

Thng is they have no bench...

That Magic line-up looks nice. If the can mesh, they'll be a very good team. They have Bogans, Evans, off the bench too. It'll be raining 3s all game long.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 10:27 AM

5 years of elton brand? haha i give him 2
hes 29 but i do think they will probably be a 4-7 seed, they wont make it past the 2nd round thats my prediction :)

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 10:27 AM
great signin by the heat, we need a 3pt shooter and we got one of the best in the league

Lo Porto
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I love seeing these California teams tear each other apart and the East get stronger. Golden State overspent and the Clippers masterplan failed. Don't you hate how everything just always seems to fall in the Lakers' lap? As a Jazz fan, I just hope that Baron stays with the Clippers and the Clippers lose out on Okafor and Smith.

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
LAC will def be top 4 contenders with the signing of Brand!

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 11:08 AM
LAC will def be top 4 contenders with the signing of Brand!

LAC?