PDA

View Full Version : Division Standings

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
With Philly said to be signing Brand, NJ trading for Yi and Simmons and us acquiring JO, where do you realistically think we'll end up in our division at the end of the season right now?

If new deals are made, or rumours are false with EB, feel free to change your minds.

rileymarra
07-08-2008, 10:30 PM
1. Celtics
2. Raps
3. sixers
4. nets
5. ....the other team

raps will have their first 50 win seasons

truRAPTORSfan
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
i agree the raps will win 50 games but don't be surpised if the raps win the division

Raptors27
07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
i agree the raps will win 50 games but don't be surpised if the raps win the division

I will be suprised if the raps win their division, the sixers as now as good of a team as us and boston is still boston i say we win 45-48 games this season with a healthy J.O.

Dragan
07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
1. Celtics
2. Raps
3. every
4. one
5. else

The Wise 1
07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Celtices
Philly if they get Brand
Raptors 44-48 wins if JO is healthy
Nets

koreancabbage
07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
sorry posted in the "Atlantic Division" thread, my bad, confusing

1) Boston, 1st overall
2) Philly, 4th overall
3) Toronto, 5th overall
4) New York, 10th overall
5) NJ, last

Bramaca
07-09-2008, 12:09 AM

1) Boston, 1st overall
2) Philly, 4th overall
3) Toronto, 5th overall
5) NJ, last

I'd agree with this, if Philly gets Brand they are going to be really good and I think the Nets are in complete rebuild more while the Knicks will get a little better.

Dragan
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
but brand did not play last season. so its a big if, same with oneal.

I dont see a reason why we cant finish ahed of Philly. If oneal playes well and if andrea continues to develop the we shuld finsih above philly is a snug and secure 2nd

B2B
07-09-2008, 01:09 AM

cdnsportsfan
07-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Is Iggy definitely coming back to the Sixers? Last I heard he had no contract signed and there was talk buzzing around about him leaving in past discussions...anyways assuming Iggy stays:

1) Boston (#1 in conference)
2) Toronto (#4 in conference)
3) Philly (#5 in conference)
4) Nets
5) Knicks

I think the only 2 spots even up for debate here though are the 2nd and 3rd positions, with Brand the Sixers have improved but the exact way that Toronto improved upon since both "improvements" come with injury concerns. It'll be a dogfight for sure!

But regardless what happens with any potential trades I think it's fair to say this Division ain't the Titanic no mo'!

Italiano
07-09-2008, 02:14 AM
1. Celtics
2. Raps
3. every
4. one
5. else

Quote!

Dragan
07-09-2008, 02:31 AM
this season depends on 2 things.
1, oenal being health and effective
2, Andrea geting out of his sophmore funk

if both happen we shuld be in a comfortable 2nd and fightign for 3rd and 4th best rankings in the east.

Italiano
07-09-2008, 02:35 AM
This year we should not rely on Andrea, should focus exclusively on the pair Bosh/J.O'Neal, as they are the best pair of long certainly of the Eastern Conference, but I venture also throughout the NBA basketball, now.

Dragan
07-09-2008, 02:44 AM
This year we should not rely on Andrea, should focus exclusively on the pair Bosh/J.O'Neal, as they are the best pair of long certainly dell'Eastern Conference, but I venture also throughout the NBA basketball, now.

on paper 3 seaosn ago maybe, but not now.

Jo has been injured and when not he has been inconsistent. The guy has an injured knee, no big man at the age of 29 after 2 saeasons of knee injuries has or can ever be 100%. so if oneal does not play over 40 games it wont suprise me. and if we dont expect and rely on all of our players, then we are best to only have bosh and JO on the court. and if andrea does not produce this year we will be in for a tough grind. especially if you considering that Bosh/calderon/ukic will come tired from a long offseason, and might be draind or injured.

Italiano
07-09-2008, 02:51 AM
on paper 3 seaosn ago maybe, but not now.

Jo has been injured and when not he has been inconsistent. The guy has an injured knee, no big man at the age of 29 after 2 saeasons of knee injuries has or can ever be 100%. so if oneal does not play over 40 games it wont suprise me. and if we dont expect and rely on all of our players, then we are best to only have bosh and JO on the court. and if andrea does not produce this year we will be in for a tough grind. especially if you considering that Bosh/calderon/ukic will come tired from a long offseason, and might be draind or injured.

Certainly I was serious.

Jermaine, as he himself said in recent years has preserved physically, thinking about the future.
Future for him that came with this step to the Raptors.
JO at the end will also play 80 games, in my opinion not go beyond 70.
JO should never (or almost) pass 35' minutes of media.

Having said that, as I said earlier, Bosh and JO, JO and Bosh, are the best pair of long without doubt the Eastern Conference, but in my opinion as a potential, are even better in the NBA, then that means, stand to prove their .

But the Raptors this year will have to put all the hopes of reaching the top (really high, not the first or second round of PO) on their two.

Nocturnal Rat
07-09-2008, 04:13 AM

1) Boston, 1st overall
2) Philly, 4th overall
3) Toronto, 5th overall
5) NJ, last

So may be we should start thinking about a play-off series against Philly.

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 06:59 AM
JO at the end will also play 80 games, in my opinion not go beyond 70.
JO should never (or almost) pass 35' minutes of media.

Having said that, as I said earlier, Bosh and JO, JO and Bosh, are the best pair of long without doubt the Eastern Conference, but in my opinion as a potential, are even better in the NBA, then that means, stand to prove their.

This year we should not rely on Andrea, should focus exclusively on the pair Bosh/J.O'Neal, as they are the best pair of long certainly of the Eastern Conference, but I venture also throughout the NBA basketball, now.

Maybe its just me because I havent been up this early in a long time but I cant make this out. I get the gist of it though.

mpickup
07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Atlantic:
Raps
Philly
Celtics
Knicks
Nets

East:
Orlando
Toronto
Philly
Detroit
Cavs
Celts
Heat
Bucks
Bulls
Wiz
Atlanta
Charlotte
Indiana
Knicks
Nets

RAPS424
07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Jo has been injured and when not he has been inconsistent. The guy has an injured knee, no big man at the age of 29 after 2 saeasons of knee injuries has or can ever be 100%. so if oneal does not play over 40 games it wont suprise me. and if we dont expect and rely on all of our players, then we are best to only have bosh and JO on the court. and if andrea does not produce this year we will be in for a tough grind. especially if you considering that Bosh/calderon/ukic will come tired from a long offseason, and might be draind or injured

DIDNT AMARE COME BACK FROM A DEVISTATING KNEE INJURY AND IS AS STRONG AS EVER?? AS ANYONE BEEN READING THE REPORTS ON JO'S REHAB?? HIS TRAINER SAYS HE IS WAY AHEAD OF SCHED... INCREDIBLE WORK ETHIC TO GET BETTER..AND WILL!!! BE READY COME TRAINING CAMP!..NOT TOO MENTION JO'S CONFESSION THAT HE SAT OUT LAST YEAR AS A CAREER MOVE TO HELP HIS KNEE...HE ALSO SAID HIS KNEE FEELS BETTER THEN IT HAS IN 2 YEARS...(SAID THIS BEFOR E ANY TALK ABOUT TRADE TO RAPTORS) ...DOES ANYONE THINK COLANGELO DIDNT READ ANY REPORTS OR LLOK INTO JO'S KNEE BEFORE MAKING THE TRADE... U THINK HE JUST HOPED FOR THE BEST ND SAID ..WELL I HOPE HIS KNEE IS BETTER.. BC OBVIOUSLY DID HIS HOMEWORK BEFORE MAKING THE DEAL...

RAPS424
07-09-2008, 10:21 AM
That Was My First Post..soi Wasnt Sure How To Post A Quote And Respond To It...so I Simply Copy And Pasted What I Wanted To Reply To

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 10:40 AM
That Was My First Post..soi Wasnt Sure How To Post A Quote And Respond To It...so I Simply Copy And Pasted What I Wanted To Reply To

No problem. Just press the 'Quote' button on the bottom right in the person's reply.

koreancabbage
07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
So may be we should start thinking about a play-off series against Philly.

the only reason why is that I think philly showed it can win with a crappy team, and if the same team is intact WITH Brand, I think they can win a lot of games
Miller> calderon
iggy>>> than anyone we have
other wing position is equal, we have parker, moon but whatever
bosh=brand
Oneal>>dalembert

So its pretty reasonable we could be on pace with them at 4 or 5

PostYourEyes
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Hopefully if JO stays healthy, and Barg wakes up and starts doing proving that him being the #1 overall pick in the 2006 draft is worth getting him, then we'll probably end up like this:

1: Boston
2: Raptors
3: Philadelphia(if A.I. stays and brand being healthy)
4: New York
5: NJ

argo
07-09-2008, 09:36 PM
lol the atlantic is no longer the titanic!

i think there's a possibility Boston might be tired next year and every team will be playing and planning better for them. Pierce is getting a scope on his knee soon... hopefully he didn't do any major damage in the playoffs. the Truth? he's definitely a Warrior. and they should do their best to hang on to Posey, a proven winner (rings in Miami and Boston) who does what it takes in the clutch.

Philly's starting five looks ill! with Miller, Igoudala (?), Brand and Dalembert?! can these guys be considered a darkhorse?!

I like what NJ did in the draft, getting Lopez at 10 was a steal. they're pretty solid at the 1 with two young promising guys in Harris and Williams, and lots of good, athletic rebounders for Carter's half court fadeaways lol. word is they're going to take a run at Lebron when he's a free agent, so don't expect much this year.

who knows what Dantoni will do for the knicks... they've still got tons of talent, maybe all they needed was a coach?

Raps will be playing a lot more half-court ball. O'Neal definitely makes them a better team, and takes some weight off Bosh's shoulders.
my only question is how fast can they adjust to the addition of such a big piece in JO, and does Smitch have what it takes to manage a half-court team? his play calling has been questionable in the past, especially when the games come down to the wire.

hopeful predictions:
1) Raps
2) Celts
3) Sixers
4) Knicks
5) Nets

koreancabbage
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
With Mitchell in place, Raps will finish 2nd or 3rd in the division, book it.

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Yup ^^^^^

Goon.Weezy
07-10-2008, 08:12 PM

True that

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Atlantic Division
(1) Toronto RAPTORS
(2) Boston CELTICS
(3) Philadelphia SEVENTY-SIXERS
(4) New Jersey NETS
(5) New York KNICKERBOCKERS

Raptors will make it to the Eastern Conference Finals, but will loose in 7 to Celtics!!!

Book it!!! =)...

the red dragon
07-10-2008, 11:56 PM
With Mitchell in place, Raps will finish 2nd or 3rd in the division, book it.

yes! philly will over perform, Mitchell will under perform.

huidogg
07-11-2008, 12:03 AM

wow.. are you really being serious? do you thinking adding JO means we will beat out boston to win the division? i will be very surprised if the raps win the division, come on, be realistic.. everyone now talks about the raps being a championship contenter, but come on, we still have many holes to fill in until we can really consider be a championship contenter.

huidogg
07-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Atlantic Division
(1) Toronto RAPTORS
(2) Boston CELTICS
(3) Philadelphia SEVENTY-SIXERS
(4) New Jersey NETS
(5) New York KNICKERBOCKERS

Raptors will make it to the Eastern Conference Finals, but will loose in 7 to Celtics!!!

Book it!!! =)...

Please be joking tat u believe the raptors will win the divison.. i am not being negative here.. but they still hav many many holes to fill in

Master P
07-11-2008, 12:46 AM
the only way the raptors win the division is if they get lucky thrice...ie oneal works out fantastic (not that much of a stretch), elton brand doesn't make a huge difference in philly (again, not a huge stretch, they overachieved last year like the 06-07 raptors and save one year brand has been a bottom feeding team leader), and if boston comes down with injuries like everyone thought could happen last season.

that being said the east is really only has six teams that are for sure in the playoffs with boston, detroit, orlando, toronto, philly, and cleveland...the other two teams are anybody's guess.

what about the west? that's a huge log jam. i could see dallas falling out and denver really imploding. but who then jumps into the playoffs? portland for sure? but who else? does denver or dallas still beat everyone else?

hades
07-11-2008, 02:59 AM
I will be suprised if the raps win their division, the sixers as now as good of a team as us and boston is still boston i say we win 45-48 games this season with a healthy J.O.

LMAO THATS A FUNNY SIG!!! CANT STOP LAUGHING

07-11-2008, 04:02 AM
New York-(60-22)... David Lee Turns into the next big thing..averaging 25-12. Jamal Crawford clutch shots..Stephon marbury plays like starbury. Twin Tower RANDOLPH AND CURRY....
New JErsey- 55-27...Vince Carter Finally proves he can do it alone
Philadelphia-40-42 Iguoudala Leaves sixers for free agency and elton brand proves he cannot do it all alone andre miller traded while dalembart gets hurt for half season
Raptors-33-49- Oneil is hurt for3/4 of season...bargnani is a bust...bosh is hurt on his knee....Calderon carries the team to 33 wins
Celtics-15-67...Big Three Get HURT:p...n they end up from worst team to best team back to worst team.... raptors the eitght seed take it all ....they beat memphis grizzliez in the nba finals Game 7 121-65. Raptors get championship

_Sn1P3r_
07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
New York-(60-22)... David Lee Turns into the next big thing..averaging 25-12. Jamal Crawford clutch shots..Stephon marbury plays like starbury. Twin Tower RANDOLPH AND CURRY....
New JErsey- 55-27...Vince Carter Finally proves he can do it alone
Philadelphia-40-42 Iguoudala Leaves sixers for free agency and elton brand proves he cannot do it all alone andre miller traded while dalembart gets hurt for half season
Raptors-33-49- Oneil is hurt for3/4 of season...bargnani is a bust...bosh is hurt on his knee....Calderon carries the team to 33 wins
Celtics-15-67...Big Three Get HURT:p...n they end up from worst team to best team back to worst team.... raptors the eitght seed take it all ....they beat memphis grizzliez in the nba finals Game 7 121-65. Raptors get championship

:confused:

aman_13
07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Jo has been injured and when not he has been inconsistent. The guy has an injured knee, no big man at the age of 29 after 2 saeasons of knee injuries has or can ever be 100%. so if oneal does not play over 40 games it wont suprise me. and if we dont expect and rely on all of our players, then we are best to only have bosh and JO on the court. and if andrea does not produce this year we will be in for a tough grind. especially if you considering that Bosh/calderon/ukic will come tired from a long offseason, and might be draind or injured

DIDNT AMARE COME BACK FROM A DEVISTATING KNEE INJURY AND IS AS STRONG AS EVER?? AS ANYONE BEEN READING THE REPORTS ON JO'S REHAB?? HIS TRAINER SAYS HE IS WAY AHEAD OF SCHED... INCREDIBLE WORK ETHIC TO GET BETTER..AND WILL!!! BE READY COME TRAINING CAMP!..NOT TOO MENTION JO'S CONFESSION THAT HE SAT OUT LAST YEAR AS A CAREER MOVE TO HELP HIS KNEE...HE ALSO SAID HIS KNEE FEELS BETTER THEN IT HAS IN 2 YEARS...(SAID THIS BEFOR E ANY TALK ABOUT TRADE TO RAPTORS) ...DOES ANYONE THINK COLANGELO DIDNT READ ANY REPORTS OR LLOK INTO JO'S KNEE BEFORE MAKING THE TRADE... U THINK HE JUST HOPED FOR THE BEST ND SAID ..WELL I HOPE HIS KNEE IS BETTER.. BC OBVIOUSLY DID HIS HOMEWORK BEFORE MAKING THE DEAL...

Thank you.

RAPS424
07-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Thank you.

UR WELCOME..AND THANK U... I THOUGHT NO ONE READ MY POST...AND ITHOT IT MADE A LOT OF SENSE

Dragan
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
UR WELCOME..AND THANK U... I THOUGHT NO ONE READ MY POST...AND ITHOT IT MADE A LOT OF SENSE

Peopel read ur post, just most the pppl here are hesitent to have hope, or are just haters. But you still got to realise that philly is goign to be dam good as well.

I belive that we can compete for 2nd and maybe even 1st in the division.

RAPS424
07-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Peopel read ur post, just most the pppl here are hesitent to have hope, or are just haters. But you still got to realise that philly is goign to be dam good as well.

I belive that we can compete for 2nd and maybe even 1st in the division.

ON PAPER..THE RAPS CAN COMPETE FOR FIRST IN THE EAST....COMPETE... IM NOT LOCKING THEM IN AS EASTER CONF CHAMPS...IM JUST SAYING THEY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A TOP TEAM IN THE EAST NOW!! DOMINANT DOWN LOW...VERY DOMINANT!!! AND SURROUNDED BY 3 OF THE TOP 10 THREE POINT SHOOTERS IN THE LEAGUE..1 OF WHICH WAS THE BEST SHOOTER IN THE LEAGUE....(KAPONO WAS USED ALL WRONG...THE GUY CAN SHOOT)..RAPS SHOULD BE AN ELITE TEAM NOW...(ON PAPER ANYWAYS)

RAPS424
07-14-2008, 06:07 PM
And How Do I Get A Pic On My Posts? I Think U Guys Call
Them Sigs

Goon.Weezy
07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
1.Celtics
2.Raptors
3.Philly.......they might lose Iggy to LAC.....revenge:clap:
4.Knicks
5.Nets

kvrnm
07-14-2008, 07:56 PM

hahahahaha