PDA

View Full Version : Got Brand, Who's Next?

nothin but net
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Gonna need some more bench players, obviously a shooter. What happens next?

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Well unless the cap changed drastically we have NO more money for free agents besides like minimum. Expect a trade with our 1st rounders or 2nd rounders.

AirJordanXVIII
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Yup, if we really want a top notch shooter or something, it's a trade.

Knowledge215
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
We just need a dude that can hit the occasional 3. I hope Iggy is shooting 1000 threes a day in the offseason

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I know Thad is working hard on his 3 point shot.. at least he was last year.

gatesy323
07-08-2008, 10:16 PM
The sixers have a little bit more flexibility than we all may think with their money. They can offer a Bi-Annual Exception worth $1.91 million to a player this year. Personally, I think we would do very well to use that money and target either Jarvis Hayes or Kareem Rush. They would both be good fits at the backup SF position and they both have the ability to knock down a three.

2) The Bi-Annual Exception. This exception was $1.83 million last season and will be $1.91 million this season. Itís when you can sign a player, or players, to a one or two year contract(s) and you can use it every other year.

SIXERS.COM NOTE: The Sixers did not use their Bi-Annual Exception in 2007-08, therefore it is available to them for the upcoming season.

Source: http://www.nba.com/sixers/features/speiser_q_and_a_080630.html

phillyphan4ever
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
i think we trade willie, then sign eddie house...thatd be sick!

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks for that man didnt know that.

We could get a decent guy with that. Kareem Rush is a great choice

philsphan28
07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks for that man didnt know that.

We could get a decent guy with that. Kareem Rush is a great choice

yeah, no problem. I didn't know about it either until a day ago. (I'm gatesy323, i accidently signed into an old account that I never used)

nothin but net
07-08-2008, 10:31 PM
james jones signs with the heat

phillyphan4ever
07-08-2008, 11:13 PM
i know :(

AddVance
07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I say we trade Green and sign Rush. He could back up the SG and SF position, which was left vacant when Carney was traded. Fills two needs.

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
I say we trade Green away for just a 2nd if possible (i doubt it)

This would need to happen RIGHT away though before we re-sign lou and iggy. Then with the extra cash, sign 2 good guys or 1 great guy with 5 mil.

TheShock45
07-08-2008, 11:30 PM
the sixers are gonna piece together the roster using all the rules

we'll get someone with the trade exception, the bi annual excepton, trading willie green and a pick

my quesiton is can we offer some1 a mid-level exception???

also we should really worry about money theyve been paying the luxary tax on sucky teams since we like drafted iverson im pretty sure they wont mind paying a little more if we actually can put up a contender

also we have some pretty athletic players on our summer roster and they will come cheap

nothin but net
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
1 great guy

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 11:33 PM
the sixers are gonna piece together the roster using all the rules

we'll get someone with the trade exception, the bi annual excepton, trading willie green and a pick

my quesiton is can we offer some1 a mid-level exception???

also we should really worry about money theyve been paying the luxary tax on sucky teams since we like drafted iverson im pretty sure they wont mind paying a little more if we actually can put up a contender

also we have some pretty athletic players on our summer roster and they will come cheap

No, we can't offer the mid-level exception. You either start FA under the cap or over. If your over then yes you get it, WE were under thus we DONT get it. Even if we go over once we signed brand

frankg90
07-08-2008, 11:35 PM
we can't use the midlevel exception because we didnt start the offseason over the cap

philsphan28
07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
The sixers have a little bit more flexibility than we all may think with their money. They can offer a Bi-Annual Exception worth $1.91 million to a player this year. Personally, I think we would do very well to use that money and target either Jarvis Hayes or Kareem Rush. They would both be good fits at the backup SF position and they both have the ability to knock down a three.

Source: http://www.nba.com/sixers/features/speiser_q_and_a_080630.html

apparently sixers.com got this one wrong. I was researching it more and it seems as though the bi-annual has the same rules as the mle in that if you are below the cap and sign someone with that cap space, you cant use the money. So the only money we have is $1.1M minimum for a player with 10 years of experience or more and $775,000 to offer to a player with less than 10 years. Sucks.

dnasty
07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
shooters,shooters,shooters,shooters OH! one thing that I forgot to mention SHOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: Its not over yet just wait and see I dont know what EDs got planned but it aint over.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Reddick for #3...Ed I wanna hear it in Philly!

Liney3506
07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Get off Reddick's dick. If he can't get time on trigger happy Orlando, he wouldn't get time here. He's nothing more than Giricek.

sixers247
07-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Yea Redick definitly isn't the solution, but i still wouldn't be oppossed to trying if we can get him for cheap. Plus if he sucks here it be funnny to see him get booed every game lol.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Liney...i'm not on Redick's dick...u like to try and insult people, But i won't watse my time going there with you....

Liney3506
07-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Liney...i'm not on Redick's dick...u like to try and insult people, But i won't watse my time going there with you....

:pity:

You've been all over him the past day or two.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I just believe he needs a fair chance and still has the capability to be a good shooter in this league...thats just my opinion though...

Liney3506
07-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Well, if he's not getting a chance on a team that loves to shoot the 3 with Hedo/Lewis... I don't see how he'd fit in here.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
^^u see the players u mentioned ahead of JJ...obviously there is an overload how much time can you get behind players of that caliber??

Liney3506
07-11-2008, 01:26 PM
How much time would JJ get behind Thad, Iggy, and Lou?

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
If you actually want JJ Reddick you are ridiculous.

That kid is supposed to be a shooter, and he doesn't even do that well in the NBA. He blows. I rather have WILLIE GREEN thatn him

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
I want either barbosa or GORDON!

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Barbosa is a stupid acquisition because we can just have Lou

WHY do you want Ben Gordon. Hes going to get paid wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much.. thats just stupid, very stupid

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Shiledz...as a moderator or whatever you are you shouldnt disrespect people like you do. You are alright in my eyes, but you cant take actions against people if you do the same things...Also i disagree with you. Barbosa is better than Lou...In fact they do two different things. I would love to have Barbosa on this team. I do agree with you about Gordon though

philly33
07-11-2008, 02:02 PM
What is it that the Sixers need? 3 pt shooters is the answer if you were wondering. JJ Reddick would be perfect, with Brand getting double teamed all the time he would just knock one down after another. As I said before everyone is so blinded by their hatred for The kid and Duke.

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
What is it that the Sixers need? 3 pt shooters is the answer if you were wondering. JJ Reddick would be perfect, with Brand getting double teamed all the time he would just knock one down after another. As I said before everyone is so blinded by their hatred for The kid and Duke.

What has Reddick done to prove his worth in the NBA???? He is one dimensional, slow, and unathletic. He is not good for this team

philly33
07-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Knowledge, your just like everyone else on this forum who doesnt truley get Reddicks situation. JJ Reddick was easily on of the 10 best college basketball players of all time. He broke Dukes all time scoring record (the top college program and if you dont agree you cant argue top 3). He put up 46 pts against the number 2 Texas team where the Nets play, he made the championchip UNC team look silly, he never missed free throws, and because all of this he was drafted with the number 11 overall selction. That summer, he tore up the summer league as expected and got decent minutes his rookie year under I believe it was Brian Hill, the guy before Van Guny and average a solid 7 pts a game. That year he showed tons of flashes on a team that made it to the playoffs. That summer he was invited to the Magics summer camp and tore it up again. Van Gundy hates Reddick and never played him despite the fact Reddick tore it up every practice (there are tons of articles about how he tore it up in practice by some orlando writer u can google it) The Magic had about 8 3 pt shooters on the team and Reddick was Van Gundys least favorite, despite the fact that he scored when he came into the game. People who are rational and logical about Reddicks situation know he can play in this league.

MylesKong
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Wow, you seem pretty informed on REddick's situation. So, I have a question: Why does Van Gundy hate him? A logical and rational response, like above, would be appreciated.

philly33
07-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I know that one of the main reasons is bc He is in love with Keith Bogans who I actually like. Ive also been told that he doesnt think hes a great defender (which hes not, but hes better then Korver ever was) People are really confused in Orlando though because the gm is sending mix signals saying they think he is a very special player, and very valuable to the team winning, but then they never play him at all so people are confused. WIth the singing of Peitrus, and Drafting of Courtney Lee, he HAS to be traded this summer. The thing that doesnt make sense is how everyone on the magic is so impressed with him in practice, and he still doesnt play. The main thing I dont get is I believe he has done more then enough to get a chance to play more in the NBA.

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Shiledz...as a moderator or whatever you are you shouldnt disrespect people like you do. You are alright in my eyes, but you cant take actions against people if you do the same things...Also i disagree with you. Barbosa is better than Lou...In fact they do two different things. I would love to have Barbosa on this team. I do agree with you about Gordon though

I disagreed with him and said that would be stupid. I didn't call eht user stupid, and i never have done that. I have called people ignorant when they say something they don't know much about (like saying maresse speights was an awful pick when they never have seen him play)

Read the rules.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Knowledge, your just like everyone else on this forum who doesnt truley get Reddicks situation. JJ Reddick was easily on of the 10 best college basketball players of all time. He broke Dukes all time scoring record (the top college program and if you dont agree you cant argue top 3). He put up 46 pts against the number 2 Texas team where the Nets play, he made the championchip UNC team look silly, he never missed free throws, and because all of this he was drafted with the number 11 overall selction. That summer, he tore up the summer league as expected and got decent minutes his rookie year under I believe it was Brian Hill, the guy before Van Guny and average a solid 7 pts a game. That year he showed tons of flashes on a team that made it to the playoffs. That summer he was invited to the Magics summer camp and tore it up again. Van Gundy hates Reddick and never played him despite the fact Reddick tore it up every practice (there are tons of articles about how he tore it up in practice by some orlando writer u can google it) The Magic had about 8 3 pt shooters on the team and Reddick was Van Gundys least favorite, despite the fact that he scored when he came into the game. People who are rational and logical about Reddicks situation know he can play in this league.

Thanks for the info guy...but there are alot of JJ haters around hre. I'm not oppose to having him on this team...He can score and shoot lights out.

philly33
07-11-2008, 02:54 PM
haha believe me I know more then anyone how hated he is. Im Just saying we could use a cheap 3 pt shooter, and Reddick has more potential they any realstic option.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 03:04 PM
^^I agree.

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I disagreed with him and said that would be stupid. I didn't call eht user stupid, and i never have done that. I have called people ignorant when they say something they don't know much about (like saying maresse speights was an awful pick when they never have seen him play)

Read the rules.

Relax big guy....just stating my opinion. And you obviously didnt read the whole post if you took offense.

As far as this Reddick debate goes...Saying he is one of the 10 best college players ever is far fetched. And lets not forget that being a great college player means absolutely nothing when translating into what type of pro you will be (see:Danny Ferry, Sam Bowie, Ralph Sampson). The only way I would take Reddick is at the same salary we paid a Louis Admundson.

cbreezy34
07-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Well considering the fact that Reddick is the all time acc leading scorer, claiming he is a top 10 college bball player of all time is not even close to being far fetched. He was much better then Danny Ferry and Sam Bowie in college. But getting back to the NBA I agree that we should really make a push to bring in Reddick. If it fails it fails, but their such a high reward with a guy like him.

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 03:31 PM
reddick= :pity:

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 03:31 PM
^^Agree again.

sixersfan
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
reddick can not play at the NBA level, he is not quick enough. they can not even run plays for him to get the ball because he is soooooooooo slow.
another player i am tired of reading about is d.west, why in the world would you guys want this dude, he is awful....i wonder sometimes if some of you even watch the NBA games or just go by NBA live.

cbreezy34
07-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Reddick was the best three point shooter in college basketball history. You cant make the claim he wouldnt help this team because right now all we need are shooters.

Iodine
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Reddick was the best three point shooter in college basketball history. You cant make the claim he wouldnt help this team because right now all we need are shooters.
Christian L. was an amzing college player lets get him to!

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
chrisian l. is a dissapointment. :pity:

philly33
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Yep, agree completly. I guess peopel ignored my post about how he is getting hosed over in orlando.

philly33
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM
The Sixers have no shooters, its not a complicated situation. Im so sick of reading about like Roger Mason Jr. who blows, and Gordon who would cost way to much money just to spot up and shoot. Reddick would be affordable in a trade.

philly33
07-11-2008, 03:46 PM
The Sixers have no shooters, its not a complicated situation. Im so sick of reading about like Roger Mason Jr. who blows, and Gordon who would cost way to much money just to spot up and shoot. Reddick would be affordable in a trade.

sixersfan
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
something i am sure a lot of people will not want to hear.....willie green coming off the bench and playinf against other teams bench might not be a bad thing. i have have always thought he would be a fine bench player, i just did not want him starting. get some some 2nd and 3rd quarter minutes and back to the bench for the quality 4th quarter minutes and i think he will do fine.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Agree...its the most logical situation right now for us considering our cap situation..I don't see it atl as losing situation. People just hate him for no good reason but if he gets a chance and so happens to blow up..that will be another story and most of those who were hating in here will some how have amnesia and act like they always believed in his potential.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
^^that was for Philly 33..I depise Willie's game..needs to go!

bryan71023
07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I say go after JR Simth and Ricky Davis

philly33
07-11-2008, 03:57 PM
FNM BOY u are the man, finally someone besides cbreezy34 that understands the situation. Idk how sixersfan can hate on Reddick and defend willie green... makes no sense to me

philly33
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Willie Green is the worst shooter ever, we really shut make a push for Reddick. JR Smith And Ricky Davis would kill the whole chemistry. They are punks and everyone on this team are good people.

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 04:00 PM
FNM BOY u are the man, finally someone besides cbreezy34 that understands the situation. Idk how sixersfan can hate on Reddick and defend willie green... makes no sense to me

Willie Green averaged 13 points a game last year...He had some bad games but he was pretty much forced into starting. Willie Green is a better NBA player than Reddick. Reddick is a typical Duke player..Brand, and Boozer, and Grant Hill are the exceptions.

philly33
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Willie Green averaged 13 points a game last year...He had some bad games but he was pretty much forced into starting. Willie Green is a better NBA player than Reddick. Reddick is a typical Duke player..Brand, and Boozer, and Grant Hill are the exceptions.

HAHA thank you Knowledge, you just completly made my point. First of all Dude, 90 percent of the Sixers fans think Willie Green is the worst player in the NBA, nuff said. And the comment u made about Reddick being a typical Duke player makes it obvious u just dont want him cause u hate Duke which the main point I Have been making. O yeah, battier hes been on the USA team o yeah Dunleavy average 19 pts a game this year, o yeah Loul Deng hes not too bad either. Jay Williams woulda been incredible if he didnt get hurt. It all comes down too people hating Duke, despite the situation which is we need 3 pt shooters.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Philly 33....hate breeds ignorance...Give Reddick Green minutes..and less se what he does.

cbreezy34
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Couldn't agree anymore with you. I was reading a magic article and a lot of the people who left comments were saying after the Brand singing Reddick would make tons of sense for the Sixers, bc even a lot of the Magic fans are getting sick of how screwed he is getting.

Sixers106s
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Knowledge, your just like everyone else on this forum who doesnt truley get Reddicks situation. JJ Reddick was easily on of the 10 best college basketball players of all time. He broke Dukes all time scoring record (the top college program and if you dont agree you cant argue top 3). He put up 46 pts against the number 2 Texas team where the Nets play, he made the championchip UNC team look silly, he never missed free throws, and because all of this he was drafted with the number 11 overall selction..

Well ur point would have been better if u could have proven what he did since he got drafted not what he did during his college career

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 04:55 PM

HAHA thank you Knowledge, you just completly made my point. First of all Dude, 90 percent of the Sixers fans think Willie Green is the worst player in the NBA, nuff said. And the comment u made about Reddick being a typical Duke player makes it obvious u just dont want him cause u hate Duke which the main point I Have been making. O yeah, battier hes been on the USA team o yeah Dunleavy average 19 pts a game this year, o yeah Loul Deng hes not too bad either. Jay Williams woulda been incredible if he didnt get hurt. It all comes down too people hating Duke, despite the situation which is we need 3 pt shooters.

Who has been a better pro Willie Green of JJ Reddick?

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Who has getting more fair chances??..JJ is the victim of a bias system...and he is also younger than Green.

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Who has getting more fair chances??..JJ is the victim of a bias system...and he is also younger than Green.

Bias System???? Gimme a break. If he was the awesome player that you guys are claiming he is he would have found his way on the court or teams would be beating Orlando's door down to trade for him....He was a great college player that is the end of his legacy

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 05:38 PM
^^You see...thats where u let your emotions get the better part of you...i never said he is an "awsome" player. you are just a hater. Alll I'm saying is give him a chance outside of Orlando...then let him prove his worth. If u say he has been given a fair chance in Orlando....then you are more than ignorant and there is no word in any language to describe your bias opinions.

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
^^You see...thats where u let your emotions get the better part of you...i never said he is an "awsome" player. you are just a hater. Alll I'm saying is give him a chance outside of Orlando...then let him prove his worth. If u say he has been given a fair chance in Orlando....then you are more than ignorant and there is no word in any language to describe your bias opinions.

Tell me what has been so "unfair" about his time in orlando? The fact that there are better players in front of him is not unfair. I am not a hater by any means...I have nothing against Duke but JJ is not a good pro. Just deal with it man. Like i said..Great college player but he has no place in the NBA

cbreezy34
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Pretty Easy you duke hater. First of all admit you hate Duke, because its very obvious your a complete Duke hater. This is about whats best for the sixers, I know you where one of those college fans who got pissed off every time Reddick put up 40 which was all the time. First of all not getting any playing time is unfair when you proved yourself in two summer leagues back to back and tear it up in every practice. O yeah and you should get a little bit of playing time if yuour the all time acc leading scorer, which he did his rookie year, but Van Gundy took over who hates Reddick and Van Gundy is a god awful coach. The Sixers dont have many players on the bench right now so Reddick should defintely be able to contribute.

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
ok whatever Knowledge....just if he gets on another team and does better than u expect just don sing his praise.

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Pretty Easy you duke hater. First of all admit you hate Duke, because its very obvious your a complete Duke hater. This is about whats best for the sixers, I know you where one of those college fans who got pissed off every time Reddick put up 40 which was all the time. First of all not getting any playing time is unfair when you proved yourself in two summer leagues back to back and tear it up in every practice. O yeah and you should get a little bit of playing time if yuour the all time acc leading scorer, which he did his rookie year, but Van Gundy took over who hates Reddick and Van Gundy is a god awful coach. The Sixers dont have many players on the bench right now so Reddick should defintely be able to contribute.

OUCH!!! you called me a **gasp** "Duke Hater"!!! I could care less about Duke. What does Reddick putting up 40 or being the all-time leading scorer in the ACC have to do with anything?????? He should get playing time because he's the ACC's all-time leading scorer???? LMAO that is by far the dumbest most ******** thing I have read on this board in the couple of weeks i have been posting here. I'd rather have Jamont gordon on this team than 1 dimensional JJ Redick. I'd rather have McRoberts (you happy another crappy Duke player) than Reddick.

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 05:54 PM
ok whatever Knowledge....just if he gets on another team and does better than u expect just don sing his praise.

If that happens i will have no problem admitting that I was wrong.

cbreezy34
07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Haha see you put a Mcroberts comment in there, so this is all about Duke. Wasnt Korver a one dimensional player (yeah he was no doubt about it)

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Haha see you put a Mcroberts comment in there, so this is all about Duke. Wasnt Korver a one dimensional player (yeah he was no doubt about it)

Yup...Korver is better than JJ too. And he's in Utah right now....he's not in Philly because he was an expendable piece because he was so one dimensional and gave us the cap room to get Brand (another Duke guy). Its not about Duke playa...its about cats than ball and cats that cant ball...JJ just cant ball on an NBA level

philly33
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Whatever man your just a hater. I just think the guy needs a chance and Philly would be a perfect fit. Hey man listen where in this together as Sixers fans im just saying what I thinks the best for the team

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
^^thats the spirit Philly33

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 06:57 PM
yes sir

Iversonfan4life
07-11-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1706&Itemid=1

wat do u guys think?

possible or impossible?

FNM BOY
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
possible...but not likely.

flyinhawaiian
07-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Hit Me With Your Best Shot

The only offer the 76ers can make to a potential sharpshooting free agent is the veteran minimum: about $775,000 for a player with fewer than 10 years in the league, $1.1 million for more than 10.

Last season, the Sixers' 31.7 percent shooting from beyond the three-point line was last in the league.

Here are a few potential candidates:

Three for the Money
Brent Barry, 36; 7.1 ppg. last season with San Antonio; career 40.7 percent three-point shooter: Barry could land in Houston, where the Rockets can offer him their $1.9 million exception. But Barry is from the East Coast, and since he has more than 10 years in the league, the Sixers could offer him the higher end of the veteran minimum.

Juan Dixon, 29; 5.0 ppg. last season with Detroit; career 34.1 percent three-point shooter: No, Dixon's numbers aren't staggering, but he has also never averaged more than 26.3 minutes per game in any season of his career. He could be a contributing role player with the right team.

Salim Stoudamire, 25; 5.7 ppg. last season with Atlanta; career 36.6 percent three-point shooter: He's the other, other Stoudamire, behind Amare and cousin Damon. Stoudamire is a good shooter who just hasn't gotten on the court enough to prove it. He made $783,000 last season, right in line with what the Sixers would be able to offer. He is also an Arizona graduate, along with Andre Iguodala.

A Long Shot?
J.J. Redick, 24; 4.1 ppg. last season with Orlando; career 39.0 percent three-point shooter: Redick is not a free agent, but the Magic did draft a shooting guard, Courtney Lee, in the first round, then signed free-agent shooting guard Mickael Pietrus from Golden State. Redick has asked to be traded.

meh... barry signed with the rockets

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I like Salim Stoudamire the most. Juan Dixon reminds me toooooo much of Willie Green. Brent Barry signed with Rockets.

Salim Stoudamire would be great though..

Iodine
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Salim is waaaaaaaaaaaay to small to be a SG but he dosnt have PG skills

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 07:39 PM
He can def shoot though, and thats what we need. I wouldnt mind it. We still would have no backup SF but when Thad is out we can always switch iggy to SF again then have Salim in at SG

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
salim at sg?! :pity:

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
thats worse then starting willie.

philly33
07-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Ill take Reddick over Salim Thanks

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Whatever man your just a hater. I just think the guy needs a chance and Philly would be a perfect fit. Hey man listen where in this together as Sixers fans im just saying what I thinks the best for the team

I agree bro, we are all in this together and if the Sixers do get Reddick and he produces I will happily stick my foot in my mouth

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 08:08 PM
any player who comes to the sixers i will support 100% until they show they dont deserve to be supported.

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I'll trade 2 2nds for JJ Reddick OR Jason Smith FOR JJ Reddick + future 1st?

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 08:12 PM
i think 2 second rounders would work. but smith for redick and a first is to much.

dougie5627
07-11-2008, 08:20 PM
i wouldnt mind reddick as he has potential to score as we all know, but mainly because if he didnt work out then its a cheap experiment that didnt work no big loss, we carried booth, ollie, randolph all last year with no affect. if he turns out to be good then we have just got a steal and the sixers benefit from a pure shooter.

PhillyBoomerang
07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I think out of Juan Dixon, Salim, and JJ.. The best Pure shooter is Salim.. He is undersized to say the least, but the guy can bury and three pointer.. JJ Redick is the best overall player.. But the question is what would we need to give up to make it work? I think Salim is R-Free Agent however..

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
^very true.

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 08:25 PM
. If we can trade very little for JJ ....i think we should grab him

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I actually think Juan Dixon is the best overall player out of the bunch.

He averages 9 points in his career and is talleer than Salim. Now looking at him more thoroughly would want him

Knowledge215
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I suggested Juan Dixon pages ago...He is a solid player that could contribute minutes at both guard positions

Shieldsz
07-11-2008, 08:35 PM
yep.. well if we get any of those guys.. our 3pt percentage will def. go up

Mrphilly
07-11-2008, 11:42 PM
I think out of Juan Dixon, Salim, and JJ.. The best Pure shooter is Salim.. He is undersized to say the least, but the guy can bury and three pointer.. JJ Redick is the best overall player.. But the question is what would we need to give up to make it work? I think Salim is R-Free Agent however..

Juan Dixon is the only player on this list that has done anything in this league. What is the infatuation with JJ Reddick, he is not even available. Im sure they dont Wille Green or that second round pick.

We dont even want willie or the second round pick!!!!!!

BADizzleBoY
07-12-2008, 12:04 AM
juan dixon would be a nice addition. Runs the floor, athletic, can shoot. sounds like a nice 6th man in my eyes.

ruslan898
07-12-2008, 12:19 AM
THey wont be able to trade Willie.. Who would want him, and his 3-4contract. ?
Remember how we traded Steven Hunter n then he failed his physical or didnt show to the team and we had to bring him back after like 2 weeks.

BADizzleBoY
07-12-2008, 12:22 AM
what the hell are you talking about, thats steven hunter thing was random :confused:

ruslan898
07-12-2008, 12:25 AM
what the hell are you talking about, thats steven hunter thing was random :confused:

yea it was.
I was just saying that other teams dont want our scrubs.

BADizzleBoY
07-12-2008, 12:28 AM
lol, it still made me say wtf out loud.

cbreezy34
07-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Reddick is not a free agent but he is good as gone, there are wayyy to many SG's on that team, thats why Willie Green would do no good plus he sucks and his contract sucks. The Magic need big man so I would offer Jason Smith or maybe Jason Smith and a second round pick. I loved Salim in college but I dont think hes big enough. I also dont think we could afford juan Dixon.

Knowledge215
07-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Reddick is not a free agent but he is good as gone, there are wayyy to many SG's on that team, thats why Willie Green would do no good plus he sucks and his contract sucks. The Magic need big man so I would offer Jason Smith or maybe Jason Smith and a second round pick. I loved Salim in college but I dont think hes big enough. I also dont think we could afford juan Dixon.

:horse::horse::horse:

ruslan898
07-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Well pick up some veteran free agents. Since we are a ''contender" now, hopefully bunch of players would want to join us for a smaller salary.

philly33
07-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I would still liek to keep a pretty young nucleus. Too me Jason Smith is gonna be nothing more then a decent player at best, I def dont see him busting out into a star. I think we should offer him for reddick for sure. Low risk high reward type of situation.

Shieldsz
07-12-2008, 01:10 AM
This is how I feel Ed should go about things:

Sign Jamont Gordon for very as least amount of money as possible for 1 year.

Sign or trade for 3 point shooter to bring off the bench. ex. trade for reddick. sign salim, juan or someone like that.

philly33
07-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah i def agree with that, I like Gordon a lot, good kid good player. Someone was telling me with the bi-annual thing we have we can only sign someone with over 10 years of experince. Now i dont know if thats true, but if it is that cancels out dixon and salim, leaving us Reddick since Barry signed with the rockets.

Mrphilly
07-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Why trade Jason Smith for JJ Reddick. When is it a good to trade someone that can play for someone that can not play???? Smith has proved he can contribute in this league and will get significant minutes at the backup C. Reddick will be wearing a blazer on the end of the bench approximately 2ft from the floor mopping kid.

Then if you trade Smith, we would have a whole at the back up C and SF! No thanks.

SaintHollowTips
07-12-2008, 08:54 AM
JJ reddick sucks - he is a college player and nothing more. JJ reddick sucks - he'd be playing but he can't really score. JJ reddick sucks - how many years did he spend at duke? JJ reddick sucks - if he played for the sixers i'd most likely puke.

apache
07-12-2008, 10:05 AM
We need a shooter, but can only offer the veterans minimum (someone said it was $1.1 mil for those with 10 yrs of experience and $775K for those with less than 10).

We can't trade a 2nd round pick for someone because we are at the cap after the signing of Brand, and therefore have to give someone up to balance the money. Having said that, didn't we acquire a $2.8 million trade exception in the Carney and Booth deal?

If not, we are left with guys that would sign for the veterans minimum. I would have to think Dixon and Kareem Rush can get more than $775K. I wouldn't deal Jason Smith for Redick because then we would be in the same position as we are now, except the hole we would need to fill is a backup big man.

The bottom line is, unless things change, the focus has to be on guys that are willing to accept the veterans minimum.

philly33
07-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I just done see Jason Smith being miuch of a player. He def regressed last year which you never want to see in any player. I mean we have Evans, Brand, Speights, Dalambert, and we can use that minimunum salary to get another big man if you would want to, but a shooter is a lot more important then another calvin booth type of a player.

I Am Beast 19
07-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Allen Iverson Next Year, Who's With Me!

cbreezy34
07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
How do you make your own thread?

Sixerlover
07-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Who is the backup 3? That is the problem I have

phillychi009
07-12-2008, 09:54 PM
I would love to get a shooting 3 for depth

AirJordanXVIII
07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
James JOnes would of been a nice backup 3 with range but he's gone with the Heat.. :(

Michael Finley still on the market?

phillychi009
07-12-2008, 10:06 PM
^^^ Yes i think he was waiting for the Spurs to offer him a contract , but it does'nt look like they will. I think that we could get him and cheap too. I love the way he play's he is a great team player.

Jeff Boyd
07-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Who is the backup 3? That is the problem I have

Thad Young

Sixerlover
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM
...assuming Thad Young is the starting 3 and Iguodala is the starting 2

Jeff Boyd
07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
...assuming Thad Young is the starting 3 and Iguodala is the starting 2

I mean Iggy is the backup three

AirJordanXVIII
07-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Thad Young

??

Miller
Iggy
Thad
Brand
Sammy

Unless you're thinking we'll go with

Miller
Green
Iggy
Brand
Sammy

In that case yea Thad, but the 1st case I think Iggy moves to the 3 and then Willie comes in for the 2.

Jeff Boyd
07-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I meant to say Iggy, they will start with that first lineup, and then Move to
Miller
Lou
Iggy
Brand
Smith

phillychi009
07-12-2008, 10:21 PM
^^ I could see that, thats what i really like about Iggy he can play the 2 or 3 and he is still geting better. I hope he is working on his shooting if he gets better shooting hhe will be an allstar

Phitin' Phan
07-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Boobie Gibson would be nice, but we have Lou. But Gibson is a great shooter. We need a SF type shooter cause we have no depth there. No matter what we need a SF, and if they are our shooter that is great, if not we will need 2 players. I wouldn't be surprised if we get our other players through a trade.

Jeff Boyd
07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
^^ I could see that, thats what i really like about Iggy he can play the 2 or 3 and he is still geting better. I hope he is working on his shooting if he gets better shooting hhe will be an allstar

Sammy would be an all-star with some post moves.

Jeff Boyd
07-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Boobie Gibson would be nice, but we have Lou. But Gibson is a great shooter. We need a SF type shooter cause we have no depth there. No matter what we need a SF, and if they are our shooter that is great, if not we will need 2 players. I wouldn't be surprised if we get our other players through a trade.

I highly Disagree. I dont see one person playing three other then Iggy and Thad.

I think Backup SG and PG is where we need to go.

Sixerlover
07-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I understand the point you are making, but I think it is easier to improve on a jumper over the course of your career than post moves. So it is more realistic for Iguodala to improve his jumper.

jagsfan29
07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Any one know if Brands starting for sure?

phillychi009
07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I think we need a 3 that can play the 2 or a 2 that can play the 3. Like Finley

stevedusps
07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
We need a backup sf that can shoot the three, its Iggy time to be the 2, and Thad will be the 3. Green and Lou Will can backup the 1 and 2 and Smith and Evans will backup the 4 and 5, who backs up Thad.

phillychi009
07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Any one know if Brands starting for sure?

Thats a joke right

Sixerlover
07-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Nah I think Reggie Evans will start and we'll bring Brand off the bench :laugh2:

Googlyeyes101
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
you don't throw that kind of money at a bench player

Jeff Boyd
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM
We need a backup sf that can shoot the three, its Iggy time to be the 2, and Thad will be the 3. Green and Lou Will can backup the 1 and 2 and Smith and Evans will backup the 4 and 5, who backs up Thad.

Disagree, I think Thad is the firt to go to the bench and Iggy slides over.

phillychi009
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Nah I think Reggie Evans will start and we'll bring Brand off the bench :laugh2:

Why do that when we could have Jason Smith to back up Evans