PDA

View Full Version : Elton Brand to 76ers! 5 Years/82 Mil.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 07:10 PM
WIP (A local Philadelphia Radio Station) has just reported that the Sixers and Elton Brand have agreed in principle on a contract worth about 80 mill over 5 years.

ManRam
07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
If this is true, Elton is going to lose a lot of respect from most everyone but Philadelphians. He told Baron he'd stay in LAC if Baron came, and sure enough, Baron came. That's a cowardly move.

But this will propel the Sixers to top 4 or 5 in the East for sure. Brand scares me as a Magic fan, and a fan of a smaller team in the East.

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 07:14 PM
man, isn't this kind of a slap to the face of Baron Davis?

kvrnm
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
sucks to be a clipper fan right about now

lincecum=future
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
If this is true, Elton is going to lose a lot of respect from most everyone but Philadelphians. He told Baron he'd stay in LAC if Baron came, and sure enough, Baron came. That's a cowardly move.

But this will propel the Sixers to top 4 or 5 in the East for sure. Brand scares me as a Magic fan, and a fan of a smaller team in the East.

Just like what Baron did. If this is true then I love it :clap:

AgentViet
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
That's a slap in the face to B-Didd and the Clippers. Clippers are lacking that post scorer now.

ManRam
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM

I'd say it's more than a slap in the face. He wont get much respect from his peers in the near future. A real slimy move IMO.

He did go to the team where he has a better chance of winning, but who knows if Baron goes to LAC if Brand never made a deal with him.

ManRam
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
sucks to be a clipper fan right about now

They probably feel the same as they always do. It always sucks to be a Clippers fan.

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
What does this mean for LAC? Can they go small-ball and put Thornton at PF?

Kaman
Thornton
Maggette
E.Gordon/Mobley
B.Davis

Or maybe they'll look to target Josh Smith now...

kvrnm
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
They probably feel the same as they always do. It always sucks to be a Clippers fan.

they actually have a future superstar imo in al thornton though. he was the best rookie down the stretch of the season last year.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Means nothing. Oakland radio stations reported the same thing all last week. I am nervous Brand is leaving but I won't beleive it until a legitamate source reports it.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Go Sixers!

Joshtd1
Wow, I thought he was going to sign with LAC since Brand came. Pretty surprised if this is true.

ManRam

Kaman
Thornton
Maggette
E.Gordon/Mobley
B.Davis

They'll push hard for Smith for sure. I all but guarantee that either Maggette or Smith go to the Clips. I think Thornton could get by as a PF vs. some teams, but not all of them, obviously (like LA and PHX). That would be a fast paced, high scoring team for sure. Fun to watch, but probably wont have tons of success.

KillerB
there is no proof to this thread...Elton Brand will remain a Clipper

MiamiHeat
ouch to the clippers and fans,
but they still an okay team with bdiddy

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM

Kaman
Thornton
Maggette
E.Gordon/Mobley
B.Davis

Yes if we lose Brand we probably make a run at Josh.

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM

:nod:

ManRam
07-08-2008, 07:28 PM

There is just as much "proof" saying he'll go to Philly as there is in you saying he'll stay a Clipper.

I'm definitely waiting for some other sort of media to report this, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. A few smaller online newspapers have reported it (citing the radio station), but until I see it on ESPN or rotoworld, I don't believe anything.

thesparky33
07-08-2008, 07:29 PM
But can't Baron now back out of the deal with the Clippers since they havent signed yet?

HOZ THE KNICK
is it on espn yet?

ra8erfan111
If this is true, I really don't think it's a slap in the face of Baron...because I really believe Baron just wanted to be in L.A., his hometown. If he was worried about winning, then he would have stayed in Golden State where he had a better chance anyways.

richardle9
its all about the money

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Yes, none of u guys have a reason to believe me, but im just reporting what i heard on local philadelphia radio.

there is also a link on yahoo sports to confirm that the deal is likely

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoVuERuMNH.vMI_eXRgvM.68vLYF?slug=aw-brandsixers070708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
But can't Baron now back out of the deal with the Clippers since they havent signed yet?

yes he can, boozer did it to cleveland some years ago..

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Anderd.40maBnAG1XOCAGPC8vLYF?slug=aw-brandsixers070708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

In an improbable turn, Elton Brand is leaning toward accepting a five-year, approximately $80 million contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, multiple league sources said Tuesday afternoon.

HoopsMachine
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
most likely a rumour with little truth to the matter... Im sure it only goes as far as Brand wanting to see all his options, but will likely return to the Clips as it is his best shot at winning a title. Also regardless of what happens with Brand, I am sure that BD will not renege on his deal and still sign the contract. Clippers without Brand is still a better team than the GS team he is going to leave plus the money they would have used on Brand could go to another player.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Crap a yahoo link is bad news. It does say he is "leaning" toward, but I can't stand this either way.

bmac650
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
hahah oh man wutta slap in the face to bdiddy...and the clips if this is true

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 07:34 PM
most likely a rumour with little truth to the matter... Im sure it only goes as far as Brand wanting to see all his options, but will likely return to the Clips as it is his best shot at winning a title.

the truth will be told tommorow...

ra8erfan111
07-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Baron aint leaving L.A...You can bank on that. He's right where he wants to be. Him and the rapper "The Game" are very close. He is the god father to Game's son.

superkegger
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
So does baron stay with the clippers then...maybe he rethinks things too....man if the clips lose maggete, and brand and baron rethinks, ouch.

I'll just wait until people put ink on paper...besides, they can renounce maggette and livingston to clear more cap room to up their offer to brand.

Nothings in stone, and this is just a speculative report.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Yet, Brand waited for Philadelphia general manager Ed Stefanski to create more salary-cap space for him – which he did on Monday night by dumping two contracts on Minnesota – and sources close to 76ers management say the organization believes it is close to luring away Brand.

Multiple league executives and agents now believe Brand is destined to sign with the 76ers. Even so, Clippers officials were still working furiously to convince Brand to return to the franchise where he has enjoyed great success over the past eight seasons. They hadn’t lost hope, but are fearful he could be slipping away.

What has hurt the Clippers chances of retaining Brand has been the organization’s refusal to offer anything but a “take-it-or-leave-it” deal since Golden State made its offer. People close to Brand say that stance “pissed him off,” and made him question his original desire to stay a Clipper.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoVuERuMNH.vMI_eXRgvM.68vLYF?slug=aw-brandsixers070708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Its still just a rumor that stated from a source within the Sixers. It could just be a powerplay by Brand to get more money from the Clippers. If we renounce the rights to Marcus Williams and Nick Fazekas we could match the Sixers offer.

ManRam
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
If this is true, I really don't think it's a slap in the face of Baron...because I really believe Baron just wanted to be in L.A., his hometown. If he was worried about winning, then he would have stayed in Golden State where he had a better chance anyways.

Baron aint leaving L.A...You can bank on that. He's right where he wants to be. Him and the rapper "The Game" are very close. He is the god father to Game's son.

Whether Baron wants to be in LAC or not, Elton had a verbal agreement to return if Baron went to LAC. Underplay it all you want, but it is a big slap in his face, whether Baron still wants to be there or not. It's a dick move. I do believe he wants to be in LA, but from what I hear, Elton was a big reason he went there...and took the pay cut.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:39 PM
So does baron stay with the clippers then...maybe he rethinks things too....man if the clips lose maggete, and brand and baron rethinks, ouch.

I'll just wait until people put ink on paper...

Historically speaking this is the only possible scenario. I hate to say it, but this happens to us time and time again.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Best ****in news i've heard this whole off season in any sport.

If this happens I will streak down the streets naked.

ra8erfan111
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
We don't know the real truth about a so-called verbal agreement that Baron was going to the clippers if Brand stayed. If it's true that took place, then i'd agree it's a beyotch move on Brand's part. But if it's not then I think Baron just wants to be in L.A. his hometown whether Brand is there or not.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I've never heard of a verbal agreement that wasn't true. However it just a verbal agreement. Baron doesn't have to sign it if he doesn't want to. However I think its actually the biggest offer he can get so he will probably stay reguardless.

ra8erfan111
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Bottom line, if Brand does jump ship and joins Philly, I still believe Baron will stay in L.A.!

nygiants242
07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes Brand Lets Gooo

Afridi786
07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
All but completed, isn't that everything?

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
This rumor has made it to ESPN news. They are calling the Sixer the Frontrunner now. This would be the worst thing to happen to the Clippers well since Brand's injury. I'm ready for him to leave. Oh well you don't become a Clipper fan to count the banners at Staples Center.

Lakerfrk
07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Whether Baron wants to be in LAC or not, Elton had a verbal agreement to return if Baron went to LAC. Underplay it all you want, but it is a big slap in his face, whether Baron still wants to be there or not. It's a dick move. I do believe he wants to be in LA, but from what I hear, Elton was a big reason he went there...and took the pay cut.

Did Elton really have a verbal agreement to return if Baron came? I mean, if he did, then it sucks... but not too much because the Clippers may have used that knowledge to offer him less money becasue he promised to come back, and pretty much stabbed Elton in the back.... Donald Sterling isnt exactly a high payer.. he keeps his money..

I acctually think its perfectly fine for Elton to leave... good luck to him in Phili, that will be a STRONG team next year if thats where he ends up..

Also, correct me if im wrong, but if you reach a verbal agreement, arent you allowed to get out of that if you really want to? I mean, you havent signed anything yet.. would Baron look elsewhere?

KeepitReal
07-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Didn't Baron VERBALLY AGREE to stay with Golden State? Saying Brand is a back stabber and Davis is not is nonsense.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Didn't Baron VERBALLY AGREE to stay with Golden State? Saying Brand is a back stabber and Davis is not is nonsense.

I actually do think it was announced that Baron wouldn't opt out. Rumor is Brand convinced him too. The major difference is that GS wasn't really interested in bringing Davis back. Brand also said he would mostly not opt out. What Brand is doing is worse than what Boozer did, the thing no one really knows Boozer for doing that now, they just know him as a beast of a player.

Second City
07-08-2008, 08:09 PM
they actually have a future superstar imo in al thornton though. he was the best rookie down the stretch of the season last year.

Hahahaha :rolleyes:

KeepitReal
07-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Said one source close to the process: "Elton wants to go East."

Sources say 76ers confident of signing free agent Brand

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479059

ManRam
07-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Did Elton really have a verbal agreement to return if Baron came? I mean, if he did, then it sucks... but not too much because the Clippers may have used that knowledge to offer him less money becasue he promised to come back, and pretty much stabbed Elton in the back.... Donald Sterling isnt exactly a high payer.. he keeps his money..

I acctually think its perfectly fine for Elton to leave... good luck to him in Phili, that will be a STRONG team next year if thats where he ends up..

Also, correct me if im wrong, but if you reach a verbal agreement, arent you allowed to get out of that if you really want to? I mean, you havent signed anything yet.. would Baron look elsewhere?

Yes. I've heard it many times, as recently as today on ATH and PTI. I'll look for concrete proof on the internet though.

Beno7500
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Well if it is true.

Warriors 08-09: 31 - 51

BigDaddyKaine
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
If Brand leaves the Clips he will lose all the respect people had for him

Kings Faithful
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
This is crazy. The heart in me wants brand to stay in LA and give the Clips fans their first good season.. but the Kings fan in me hopes he goes to PHI because the last thing we need in the West is another good team...Idk. Either way im happy i guess, but if Brand leaves the Clips he basically sold out Baron, but i think thats ok because Baron basically sold out Golden State and only deserves it. OH THE DRAMA! ITS LIKE WATCHING AN EPISODE OF THE OC!

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
If Brand leaves the Clips he will lose all the respect people had for him

For awhile atleast. If he leaves he better win. If he doesn't this will be his legacy. He will be known as the Benidict Arnold of sports.

KeepitReal
07-08-2008, 08:32 PM
For awhile atleast. If he leaves he better win. If he doesn't this will be his legacy. He will be known as the Benidict Arnold of sports.

Maybe a bit over the top

Unorthodox
07-08-2008, 08:33 PM
This would be a great signing for the Sixers, getting some major help for their halfcourt offense. If they get this deal done, look for them to sign some outside shooters as well. I like the potential starting five of - Miller, Iguodala, Young, Brand, Dalembert alot though.

kylem4711
07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
brand should have not said he would come back if the clips sign someone.

the clips signed the best person that was out there. if he wanted to leave, he should have just said thanks to the clippers and leave.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Haha lmao.

to those who need further proof... i found this on ESPN

ELTON JUST PUT HIS HOUSE UP FOR SALE IN LA!!

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/basketball-star-elton-brand-places-his-5471-square-foot-house-in-los-angeles-hollywood-hills-back-on-the-market-for-49985m/4213/celebrities

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Maybe a bit over the top

Not really. If he wins everyone will forget about this. If he doesn't win he will be the butt of many jokes for many years.

Iodine
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Haha lmao.

to those who need further proof... i found this on ESPN

ELTON JUST PUT HIS HOUSE UP FOR SALE IN LA!!

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/basketball-star-elton-brand-places-his-5471-square-foot-house-in-los-angeles-hollywood-hills-back-on-the-market-for-49985m/4213/celebrities
How the **** did you find that SB rofl

As a sixers fan I love this but I admit brand is acting like a bag of douche

Bleeds Blue
07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
wow... Brand is an effing a hole if this is true. it should make the 76ers worth watching again as well

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 08:41 PM
EB put his house up for sale on June 6th or something and owns multiple properties in LA.

marques724
07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Damn it must suck to be a clipper fan

ManRam
07-08-2008, 08:46 PM

I was thinking Judas. ;)

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I was thinking Judas. ;)

Et tu Brute? Brand will be up there with all the great traitors.

Iodine
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM
You would think that manrammer

pd7631
07-08-2008, 09:02 PM

Larry Brown is the true Benidict Arnold of sports.....I'll never forgive him, coaching the sixers against the pistons in the playoffs, and then resigning from the sixers, only to go to Detroit, what a jerk

WeDaBest
07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
So does Philly have enough room left for Iguadola or is he just going to walk?

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah Iggy Stays

PhillyFan4265
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479059

Just updated at 9:05. Though it does say "verbal agreement"......

BlondeBomber41
07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
If I was the Clippers I wouldnt want to sign Baron Davis anymore, unless they are planning on moving him before the deadline for some youth. I think at this point its time to rebuild. Get rid of Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas, and build around Kaman, Thorton, Gordon and maybe Shaun Livingston. Plus whoever they can get for Davis potentially and Mobley/Thomas.

No point in trying to win now without Brand though.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Its offical

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers9-2008jul09,0,7626268.story

Maggette gone for nothing too. I would say its the worst day in Clipper history, but this is par for the course.

infamous
07-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Ouch, sucks for baron. Congrats sixers!

njnets
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
technically, isn't baron not signed with them there because the FA doesn't start until wednesday, or am i behind lol.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
LETS GO SIXERS!!!

and all GUESTS TO THIS FORUM NEED TO SIGN UP!!!

Brand2philly
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Just reported on espnnews... Brand told sixers he will sign their contract for 82 mill over 5 years... Check it out... No link but just put on espnnews.

x_notorious
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
76ers with huge splash and the Clippers getting screwed over.

I wonder if Davis decides not to sign the deal..

WeDaBest
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Man... this sucks for the Clippers. They lose Brand and Maggette the same day. I've said for a long time Elgin Baylor was the worst GM in NBA history. He has no idea what he's doing.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
AND YOU KNOW WHATS FUNNY?
Baron hasnt sign yet lol!!!
he might not sign at all now that Brand is going elsewhere

MiamiHeat
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
ouch to the clippers and fans lol
thats a big diick slap in their faces,
but damn the east is getting tougher now

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Its offical I would say its the worst day in Clipper history, but this is par for the course.

i wouldnt say that yet, Id wait till tomorrow, when Baron says hes not going to sign anymore.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Looks like they lost Elton and Corey officially, Baron Davis for sure won't sign for them now. Looks like they are going back to the lottory. Sorry clipper fans.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
i wouldnt say that yet, Id wait till tomorrow, when Baron says hes not going to sign anymore.

That will happen tomorrow. I don't really care. We are back in the lottery for the next 10 years anyway. It's a horrible day, but this kind of just adds to the mystic of being a Clipper fan.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Why don't the Clipper fans just convert to being a laker fan ... it's free!

King Koopa
WOW HHAHAHAAH and Baron still hasnt sign a deal yet, Maybe now we can s/t Marion for Baron.

Ph1lly Diehard
The Philadelphia 76ers have apparently won the Elton Brand free-agent sweepstakes.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that Brand has informed the Sixers that he will accept a five-year deal worth an estimated $82 million and spurn what was presumed to be a slam-dunk return to the Los Angeles Clippers to hook up with Clipper-to-be Baron Davis.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479059

He has verbally agreed to be a 76er, so tomorrow I expect all 76ers fans to be having a Elton Brand Sig, and everyone else calling him a traitor.

Let's go Sixers!

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
If this is true, Clip fans and Baron will be pissed! Also, if EB does sign with Philly, Baron might just sign back with GS.

t mac and vick
what a douche bag

650giants

I don't know now they're reporting it all over ESPN as well as Maggette going to the Warriors it sounds like a legit deal.

King Koopa
Why don't the Clipper fans just convert to being a laker fan ... it's free!

If i were a Clipper fan i would act like if i never was one....... HAHahahah

yaowowrocket11
07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Damn. If he is healthy, the Sixers push right up to around the top 5, if they keep Igoudala.

ruslan898
07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Ok, it’s a great move!!!.. But remember when we traded for Webber and how happy we were then. Brand is coming off a major injury, so should there be some worrying?

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Haha, I just finished writing something in another thread. Sucks for Clippers and Baron.

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
That will happen tomorrow. I don't really care. We are back in the lottery for the next 10 years anyway. It's a horrible day, but this kind of just adds to the mystic of being a Clipper fan.

Well its going to happen to cleveland in 2 years to, so dont feel to bad. When LB leaves it will set them back 10 years as well.

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Haha, I just finished writing something in another thread. Sucks for Clippers and Baron.

sucks for the clippers, baron just wont sign, so hes in the clear.

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
hav dey got josh smith???????

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Damn. If he is healthy, the Sixers push right up to around the top 5, if they keep Igoudala.

Hell Ya!

5 years of Elton Brand and i'm going to assume Iggy and Louis Will too

Being a 76ers fan right now can't get any better then this!

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
hav dey got josh smith???????

Josh will probably sign back with the Hawks, considering it's going to be between the Warriors and the Hawks.

The Warriors though just signed Magette, and if Baron decides to sign back with GS, then they have no more money.

Hawks are keeping Smith

ruslan898
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
They still need a SG.

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 09:53 PM
hawks need him mor than philly if he leaves the hawks no playoffs 4 them if he doesnt go to philly they r still a playoff team

and elton brand has a better chance at the title in the eastern conference

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 09:53 PM
They still need a SG.

We were a 7 seed almost 6 seed last year with no SG.

Now with Elton we should be atleast a 6 seed, if not 5 seed.

I have a feeling Ed Stafanski has something up his sleeve to pull 1 decent size move IMO.

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Josh will probably sign back with the Hawks, considering it's going to be between the Warriors and the Hawks.

The Warriors though just signed Magette, and if Baron decides to sign back with GS, then they have no more money.

Hawks are keeping Smith

Well apperantly the clippers have some money now, lol.....maybe they can make a run at him....

johni04
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Big deal, You stand no chance without Booth :p

Congrats :clap:

Weezy
07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Big deal, You stand no chance without Booth :p

Congrats :clap:

Calvin Booth? :laugh2: Well, I am very surprised by the move but damn this Atlantic Division is going some places aint it? Except the Knicks and Nets lol :(

Second City
07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Congrats to Philly!

ruslan898
We were a 7 seed almost 6 seed last year with no SG.

Now with Elton we should be atleast a 6 seed, if not 5 seed.

I have a feeling Ed Stafanski has something up his sleeve to pull 1 decent size move IMO.

These teams will have a better record than then the Sixers.

Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Orlando, and Atlanta if they resign Smith.

unicar15
I still think that the Clippers could be a playoff team in the West. If they come together and play with Al Thornton, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon etc...they could make the playoffs.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
These teams will have a better record than then the Sixers.

Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Orlando, and Atlanta if they resign Smith.

Your joking... Right?

johni04
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Calvin Booth? :laugh2: Well, I am very surprised by the move but damn this Atlantic Division is going some places aint it? Except the Knicks and Nets lol :(

Ya I was thinking the exact same thing, what a difference 2 years make

ruslan898
07-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I actually met Dalembert in Manayunk about a month ago. He was telling us that he really wants Brand on this team, because Brand’s presence would dramatically improve his game . I guess his wish came true.

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I still think that the Clippers could be a playoff team in the West. If they come together and play with Al Thornton, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon etc...they could make the playoffs.

minus Baron. hes not going to sign now.........and theres no way there making the playoffs in the west.

Silver.
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Dalembert & Brand vs Bosh and O'neal will be fun to watch

ruslan898
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Chicago is going to have a nice team. Once they trade Hinrich for a PF, plus their team is full of young talent.

Look at Milwaukee’s starting lineup, with RJ, Redd, Bogut, Mo Williams, and VIllinuava is he stays.

AgentViet
07-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Top team in the East next year with Dalembert-Brand-Young-Iguodala-Miller unless Iggy betrays them.

BDAWK11
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
im so happy right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Chicago is going to have a nice team. Once they trade Hinrich for a PF, plus their team is full of young talent.

Look at Milwaukee’s starting lineup, with RJ, Redd, Bogut, Mo Williams, and VIllinuava is he stays.

I agree with the Milwaukee thing, i think there going to suprises some people this year......

Im not tring to down play the signing of brand but for the next year or 2...the celtics are so much better then any other team in the east its kinda like playing for 2nd place, I think orlando could be up there, Howard is just a beast..........everything will depend what happens in 2010

Silver.
07-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Chicago,Philly,Toronto,Milwaukee & Miami have all got better so far.

futureman
07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I think the lakers are behind this. Seeing as Brand and Davis could be a big threat they are probably paying brand under the table to go with the sixers. I can't prove this but I know it's true.

AllTheWay
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
What a beastly team

Miller/Iggy/Young/Brand/Sammy

!!!

I call them getting the 3rd seed this upcoming season

1-800-STFU
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
What a ****ing *** if this is true.

Can't trust the damn dukies.

BDAWK11
dont forget joe alexander for the bucks he is nice...

Master Mind
Philly is officially a threat in the East...All they need now is a shooter...

ruslan898
07-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I still cant see Iggy start at SG...

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I still cant see Iggy start at SG...

Could you see Elton coming to the 76ers?

Anything is possible

BurnsinPhilly
07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Holy **** im happy

ruslan898
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Could you see Elton coming to the 76ers?

Anything is possible

He’s not a natural SG,,, Look at his jump shot.
Caroll is on the summer league team, well see how he does.
Im hoping that Brand is not going to turn into C Webb…

JaysAddict43
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Man the EAST has really stepped up.. BOS/DET/ORL/WASH/CLEV/ATL/TOR/PHIL .. damn .. :|

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 10:26 PM
He’s not a natural SG,,, Look at his jump shot.
Caroll is on the summer league team, well see how he does.
Im hoping that Brand is not going to turn into C Webb…

It won't happen..

C Webb was out of his primo IMO when we signed him, and I never liked the move anyhow.

Billy King was to desperate to get someone for Iverson, and he just pulled the trigger at the wrong time and for the wrong person..

Mile High Champ
07-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I need some real proof that Brand told Davis to come to LA.. Brand just wants to do what is best for his career and thats moving out of the west..

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
:dance: :dance:

SIXERS ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER!

Squad13
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow sucks for Clipps, i feel bad for them honestly. Baron ... I have a solution to his problem...... stay in the LA but sign for the MLE.... :smoking: take a pay cut to play on the varsity squad. I keed I keed.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I need some real proof that Brand told Davis to come to LA.. Brand just wants to do what is best for his career and thats moving out of the west..

Of course, coming to Philly changes EVERYTHING!

Who wouldn't come to the City of Brotherly Love?

:dance:

LakerzDQ
07-08-2008, 10:39 PM
if the sixers do this deal, they'll be a contender in the east.

phillyphan4ever
07-08-2008, 10:40 PM
booooooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Havoc Wreaker
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Its official I just saw on ESPN

Bosh=nextKG
07-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Just like what Baron did. If this is true then I love it :clap:

I totally agree with you. I love this becasue Brand totally screwed Baron. No one else will sign Baron, No one has the money too except LA and GS. I don't see us bringing his sorry *** back here so he now has to play for a bad team and he's getting payed less than he was last year. He now has no shot at a playoff spot and he will rot in the bottom of the western conference just like he deserves to.

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
****...the atlantic division has gotten much tougher...BUT GUYS B-DiDDY DID NOT SIGN WITH CLIPPERS YET! SO HE CAN STILL GO TO ANOTHER TEAM!

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm surprised he went to Philly over Miami.

still1ballin
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Lost all respect for brand, he is an ******* and a douche bag...you dont go in public saying you only opted out to help the team with finacial flexability and with the intentions of resigning and then sign with another team. i hope when the sixers come play the clips in la they boo his ***

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
this is disapointing for us net fans

ChaseHamels
07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I hate reading the these threads and seeing my icon...guess I will have to change for mr. unoriginality. :rolleyes:

ChaseHamels
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
I want to physically see Mr. Brands signature...these "verbal" agreements mean dog ****

Ballstar1982
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Elton Brand is a smart man. I think he made this move because even he doesn't believe having Baron Davis will make the Clippers a viable team, and Brand is one of the few proud Clippers. Doesn't Davis feel stupid left holding the bag, find out why HERE (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com).

FOBolous
07-09-2008, 12:08 AM
wow...so Brand pulled a Carlos Boozer? :pity: i've lost all respect for him now...i bet the Clippers and Baron Davis felt betrayed...i bet they felt like they got backstabbed.

1-800-STFU
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Elton Brand is a smart man. I think he made this move because even he doesn't believe having Baron Davis will make the Clippers a viable team, and Brand is one of the few proud Clippers. Doesn't Davis feel stupid left holding the bag, find out why HERE (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com).

No I will not visit your blog :pity:

JordansBulls
07-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Would have been better if he went to Miami to play with Wade.

For the Clippers they should have traded the $7 pick and Brand for the #2 pick and Marion which was discussed on draft night.

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
What a beastly team

Miller/Iggy/Young/Brand/Sammy

!!!

I call them getting the 3rd seed this upcoming season

beastly?

dbow2019
07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
beastly?

better then LA

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Would have been better if he went to Miami to play with Wade.

For the Clippers they should have traded the $7 pick and Brand for the #2 pick and Marion which was discussed on draft night.

looking back of course, but no one thought brand would do anything like this. he has been one of the most stand up guys in the nba. it sucks that someones word means nothing now.

kylem4711
07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
better then LA

ok.... ha

i know they are. they no longer have brand... ha

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Still not enough for the ECFs.

FromDallas
07-09-2008, 12:54 AM

Verbal agreements are non-binding. Until a player signs on the dotted line his word doesn't mean crap. In a perfect world a person's word would be good as gold however this is the REAL world not a perfect one. NBA players have been doing this for years. Baron may be upset about it but oh well. No one else in the NBA is going to lose any sleep over Brand signing with the Sixers instead.

Boozer did it to Cleveland a couple years ago and Kurt Thomas did it to the Mavs a few years before that. Kurt Thomas and Nellie had a hand shake deal (they actually shook hands and agreed to a deal). The press conference was scheduled and Kurt never showed up to the press conference. 2 days later he signed a deal with the Knicks. Both Boozer and Kurt seem to be doing well and so will Brand once he's a Sixer.

HipSlappyJoe
07-09-2008, 01:50 AM
i really dont see B diddy backing out after this. Playing in Los angeles is his dream (as a former UCLA alum) and he is a movie producer. That said i think the clips will sign josh smith, who will be beastly for them.

Im shocked Brand went here to be honest. Either ESPN had false info when they reported Brand opted out so they could sign b diddy, or brand essentially lied.

Didnt the warriors offer Brand more money than Philly? if it was all about the cash wouldnt he be a warrior instead of a sixer?

stawka
07-09-2008, 03:49 AM
All the Clippers need now is for Baron to back out. That would be the worst off-season for a single team - EVER!!!

arlubas
07-09-2008, 04:30 AM
If he played this like Corey did no one would've said anything to him. Instead he wanted to play all hero and stuff. Class act my a*s is all I have to say. And to think I had the outmost respect for him...

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2008, 04:45 AM
To use a wrestling term...Today Elton Brand turned heel.:mad:

MauryPovich
07-09-2008, 05:24 AM
lets all remember we are hearing **** through a media machine. we dont know ****. Who knows what Baron and Brand had goin. High school America

HoopsMachine
07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
wow I am shocked... money reasons aside he's essentially going to a team that is similar to the one he just left (talented group with no PG to lead them) which Clips took care of by supposedly acquiring BD. If they can keep Miller which I doubt than maybe I could see this working out. Seems like the Atlantic Division is turning out to be the power houses in the East with the exception of the Knicks (and they may be a suprise this coming season).

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 08:39 AM
This was so shocking to hear! I thought he would for sure resign with LA.