PDA

View Full Version : Re-Draft

Jeff Boyd
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Im really impressed we got Brand, he ws the best option and we got him. BUt that leaves Speights in the dust. Looking back at it now who should we have drafted? Remember with Brand we are trying to WIN NOW and Speights does not do that. What missing piece should we get now? and how.

Brandon Rush would have been a good fit so would have Bayless.

I still defend my "f" Grade for the draft but I will give him an "A" FOR LANDING Brand.

mcil9518
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
i agree that the draft doesnt nearly compare to brand coming to philly. But an F, cut the kid sum slack. You never no he mite turn out to be great. But i do agree they culd have gotten sum1 better. I would have liked to see bayless come or have traded out of the first round or just trade back because there was no1 tht really grabbed my intrest

Jeff Boyd
07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
i agree that the draft doesnt nearly compare to brand coming to philly. But an F, cut the kid sum slack. You never no he mite turn out to be great. But i do agree they culd have gotten sum1 better. I would have liked to see bayless come or have traded out of the first round or just trade back because there was no1 tht really grabbed my intrest

He might be able to ball, Im sure the C's would love to have Jefferson back in a few but they won it all. We need player to help now, not 4 years from now.

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
You can't say **** about a player you know absolutely nothing about. Get off Ed's AND Speight's *** and let him develop. You have no idea about the player youa re talking crap about. You look ignorant posting this

flyinhawaiian
07-08-2008, 10:07 PM
It's not like this year is do or die for us. In 2-3 years speights could be a good role player in addition to our other young players who will of had time to mature. That is when we will have our best chance at a championship. Do you really think with Rush we could be able to beat the celtics and some of the other great teams?

Jeff Boyd
You can't say **** about a player you know absolutely nothing about. Get off Ed's AND Speight's *** and let him develop. You have no idea about the player youa re talking crap about. You look ignorant posting this

I dont care if he's Elton Brand JR. we need help to win NOW.

AirJordanXVIII
Speights looks like a good pick. By the time Brand starts sucking, we get a young player ready to step up.

Jeff Boyd
07-08-2008, 10:09 PM
It's not like this year is do or die for us. In 2-3 years speights could be a good role player in addition to our other young players who will of had time to mature. That is when we will have our best chance at a championship. Do you really think with Rush we could be able to beat the celtics and some of the other great teams?

On this team with Elton Brand I think Rush is a better fit then Speights. I still think for the next two yeras Jason Smith will be better then Speights. Im not saying Speights cant play but betwen Thad And Brand and Smith we are good on PF low on SG, YOU DIG?

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 10:09 PM

Then how about this GENIUS

What the **** will brandon rush bring this year.. if that is your argument we should have traded the pick for instant help

Jeff Boyd
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Then how about this GENIUS

What the **** will brandon rush bring this year.. if that is your argument we should have traded the pick for instant help

I think he could have filled the Rodney Carney Mold, 8th man who can shoot, Speights will be in the D leauge.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM

ha be patient man.

we got speights because brand was no gaurantee, you can act all smart now that we have signed brand but u dont know anything about what was going on behind the scenes.

Brandon Rush and CDR wouldve been alright, but we still had carney at that point, and who knows if they will have NBA success or not.

Speights had lottery potential and is going to be a solid player and its great that he's learning under brand, that will only help his development. He'll be able to contribute.

Our next move is to try to get some shooters to come off the bench on this team, and im sure Ed realizes this because he knows better than all of us.

and yes that even includes YOU jeff!

Dont let ur emotions get the best of you and let Ed do his job because hes done it pretty DAMN well so far.

And wtf, how are u going to give Speights an F? jesus man, do u know anything?

mcil9518
07-08-2008, 10:19 PM
ok lets look at this. you say we need help now. Last year we made the playoffs which was our goal, and if im not mistaken we were a solid team. and now we add elton brand to the mix. Id say thts enuff help for now. plus u cant always just look to help ur team for the present becuz then ten years down the road ur screwed. U always need to b building for the future which is y they have the draft. for the most part FA is to help ur present team and the draft is for the future

imurmilk
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
why do you think a player needs to play off brand to do well

Jeff Boyd
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
ha be patient man.

we got speights because brand was no gaurantee, you can act all smart now that we have signed brand but u dont know anything about what was going on behind the scenes.

Brandon Rush and CDR wouldve been alright, but we still had carney at that point, and who knows if they will have NBA success or not.

Speights had lottery potential and is going to be a solid player and its great that he's learning under brand, that will only help his development. He'll be able to contribute.

Our next move is to try to get some shooters to come off the bench on this team, and im sure Ed realizes this because he knows better than all of us.

and yes that even includes YOU jeff!

Dont let ur emotions get the best of you and let Ed do his job because hes done it pretty DAMN well so far.

And wtf, how are u going to give Speights an F? jesus man, do u know anything?

Im just talking about hind-sight, who would you have picked now.

phillyphan4ever
07-08-2008, 10:29 PM
i still like the speights pick, i think he'll backup this year because i think theyll trade reggie

Liney3506
07-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I'd still pick Speights.

Bdiddy3883
07-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Im really impressed we got Brand, he ws the best option and we got him. BUt that leaves Speights in the dust. Looking back at it now who should we have drafted? Remember with Brand we are trying to WIN NOW and Speights does not do that. What missing piece should we get now? and how.

Brandon Rush would have been a good fit so would have Bayless.

I still defend my "f" Grade for the draft but I will give him an "A" FOR LANDING Brand.

No clue, speights is gonna learn from Brand, they are similar players excpet speights has more range on his shot. He is a good pick to groom some one, and he did play center at Florida, he is 6'10 but if he could grasp the center posistion, that could make Dalembert expendable.

Knowledge
07-09-2008, 12:35 AM
I still like Speights pick now. It is hard to find quality young bigs with huge upside like him. Let him learn from Brand and see what NBA is like.

Remember when we drafted Lou in second round and all draft analysis said it didt make any sense cause we already had AI.

JHG722
07-09-2008, 12:39 AM
You guys certainly have the right to not like the Speights pick, but to say we should've taken Bayless? He wasn't even available...

Westbrook36
07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Brand here for 5 years, Speights turns 24/25 and Ready to step in a Start. Seems Too perfect. He has the same type of game and size as Brand

stevedusps
07-09-2008, 05:07 AM
I dont think anybody we drafted would help out too much this year, This is how I see the minutes for each position as of right now.
Pg Miller 32 Williams 16
Sg Iggy 23 Green 25
SF Thad 32 Iggy 16
PF Brand 30 Evans 18
C Dalembert 30 Smith 18
I dont see a rookie coming in and playing too much. I could see a trade using Green and the trade exception for a upgraded sg/sf, maybe a Childress type if Atl has to spend a lot for Smith we could do a sign and trade for like 7 mil a year.

philsphan28
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I dont think anybody we drafted would help out too much this year, This is how I see the minutes for each position as of right now.
Pg Miller 32 Williams 16
Sg Iggy 23 Green 25
SF Thad 32 Iggy 16
PF Brand 30 Evans 18
C Dalembert 30 Smith 18
I dont see a rookie coming in and playing too much. I could see a trade using Green and the trade exception for a upgraded sg/sf, maybe a Childress type if Atl has to spend a lot for Smith we could do a sign and trade for like 7 mil a year.

Lou's gonna get a bunch of Green's minutes. No way Lou plays 16 and Green plays 25. Maybe the other way around.

Anyway, I like Speights, and I still think he was a good pick, but I think knowing that we got brand, Donte Green may have been a better pick. He's got some upside and has the ability to stretch the D and knock down some threes. Reminds me a lot of Rashard Lewis.

MylesKong
07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
He might be able to ball, Im sure the C's would love to have Jefferson back in a few but they won it all. We need player to help now, not 4 years from now.

We got both...duh

MylesKong
07-09-2008, 01:20 PM
On this team with Elton Brand I think Rush is a better fit then Speights. I still think for the next two yeras Jason Smith will be better then Speights. Im not saying Speights cant play but betwen Thad And Brand and Smith we are good on PF low on SG, YOU DIG?

No, no I don't "dig." You have to lead the board in moronic posts, but that's just my opinion. Guard in this league are a dime a dozen. Skillful bigs are hard to come by.