PDA

View Full Version : Adams Signs Two-Year Deal With Toronto

x_notorious
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Hassan Adams signed a two-year deal on Tuesday with the Raptors.

Adams last played in the NBA in 2006-07, when he averaged 2.9 points and 1.3 rebounds in 61 games with New Jersey.

Via Arizona Republic

Cortez
07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
i think this guy is a waste
i really want to see shuan livingston in Toronto instead

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Maybe he could be a younger Moon in disguise. He seems to be good at steals according to the link about him on the Raptors website.

JermanJaysFan
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
i think this guy is a waste
i really want to see shuan livingston in Toronto instead

The way you put it, you make it seem like Livingston could be had as easily as Adams. Adams was an easy potentially rewarding signing while Livingston would be a tough acquisition.

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
solid signing. going to be a good guy in locker room

Dragan
07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
what ever we need fillers, and players to keep the bench warm

Bob_at_york
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
solid signing. going to be a good guy in locker room

I still am not buying into the locker room thing but I think he is a good guy who could bring some grit to the Raps.

Ragun
07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
He was a key piece to the Nets locker room.

He is like the guy who will make everyone laugh. If you ask Nets fans, they will tell you its a good signing. They had to release him because of the Luxury Tax thingy.

Bob_at_york
07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
He was a key piece to the Nets locker room.

He is like the guy who will make everyone laugh. If you ask Nets fans, they will tell you its a good signing. They had to release him because of the Luxury Tax thingy.

Yeah but I see Joey doing the same thing, with our team. Joey is the "jumper" with the starting lineup and does stuff like that too. I would rather see one of the vets set the tone then have Adams come in and be a bigger locker room presence.

the life
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
how can a young guy be a key part in the locker room?
he is positive all right but the key guys are the ones that do most of the playing. I konw TJ was a key guy in the locker room before he got hurt. Jose an CB4 are also key uys. But they are part of the core as well. Antony Parker and Garbo were also key parts. But Huphs and Joey are just small parts of the locker room.

mpickup
07-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I love this signing....he played very well when I watched him against the Raps.
-Overall it fits with a new direction to add some grit and toughness....get a little nasty: Jermaine O'Neill, Hassan Adams, Nathan Jawai...

Denverb2b
07-09-2008, 12:54 PM
This guy isnt being asked to play 30-40 minutes a game. There is three things we want from him coming off the bench for 10-15 minutes a game, defense, energy and athelticism and from what ive seen of him in college and with the Nets he will do that quite well.

Once you guys see him throw down one of his monster dunks you will become instant fans, he is a big time leaper

deaner
07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is BC's attempt at preparing for the departure of Parker. It makes sense to me to keep Parker up until the trade deadline this year. His contract will be really attractive to some teams at that time. He's the perfect candidate for a playoff contending team to spend a bit of their future on. This way the raptor's org keeps Parker as a Co-captain of a team that has made significant off-season changes. Hopefully things at the half way point will be running smooth and we can make the move we need to get the young guy at SF we all want.

I hope Adams can learn from AP and can develop into a similar player. (but maybe a bit more flash to his game)

bosh4mvp
07-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is BC's attempt at preparing for the departure of Parker. It makes sense to me to keep Parker up until the trade deadline this year. His contract will be really attractive to some teams at that time. He's the perfect candidate for a playoff contending team to spend a bit of their future on. This way the raptor's org keeps Parker as a Co-captain of a team that has made significant off-season changes. Hopefully things at the half way point will be running smooth and we can make the move we need to get the young guy at SF we all want.

I hope Adams can learn from AP and can develop into a similar player. (but maybe a bit more flash to his game)

Why would we get rid of Parker for a young SF if we are trying to make a serious push? doesnt make sense

deaner
07-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Parker is coming off the books a the end of this year. There will be teams wanting to rent a vet for the playoffs in exchange for young unproven talent.

Who said anything about a serious push? I agree that we are trying to eventually trade the red paper clip for houses... but the push is still a year or 2 away in my opinion. BC is putting his ducks in a row right now. If this year was a "serious" push.... MLSE would have spent lux tax dollars on a SF

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Doug Smith just said something shocking:

A: I have no idea what Hassan Adams will end up doing here, or who’ll he’ll supplant in the rotation but I do know that my respected friend Dave D’Alessandro in New Jersey says Adams being cut was one of the most egregious personnel errors the Nets have made in years and that the Raptors brass who saw him at the free agent camp here were determined to sign him after about the second practice session.

I fully expect him to challenge Parker for minutes, if not the starting job at some time during the season based on what I’ve been told.

He expects Adams to challenge AP for the starting job? :speechless:

Link: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

deaner
07-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Didn't Doug say his team source thought Adams would give AP a run? Anyways...

So if it did transpire that way... and Adams did become our 2 guard.
Would you:

a) move AP to the SF starting position
b) do a tandem ford/jose thing at the 2 spot with Adams and AP
c) package AP and his enticing contract with someone like... I don't know.... Kapono... :) to get a more athletic SF?

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
c) package AP and his enticing contract with someone like... I don't know.... Kapono... :) to get a more athletic SF?

we would have no outside shooting if we did that.

The Wise 1
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
You move AP to the 3. You cant have bad shooters at the 2 and 3 starting.

mpickup
07-11-2008, 11:45 AM
If Adams were to start, so would Kapono....

Goon.Weezy
07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
he is gonna become the next moon or the next graham

raptors_fanatic
07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
did y'guys knw that adams is boys with iggy? c'mon adams pull some strings here! lol

b-cuz this guy is 6-4 and can dunk, and i saw his vids on youtube and he has some hops for his height, im wondering y they're calling him a foward...i hope he plays the 2 but his game is not like AP at all.....maybe AP help adams with his shooting and give him some vet help.....but if adams starts then so will kapono which kinda isnt fair 2 moon but were kinda packaging......so its either adams/jk or ap/moon

maybe one time when were killing the other team and their playing small we can have adams,moon&graham pull a dunk fest! LOL

argo
07-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Didn't Doug say his team source thought Adams would give AP a run? Anyways...

So if it did transpire that way... and Adams did become our 2 guard.
Would you:

a) move AP to the SF starting position
b) do a tandem ford/jose thing at the 2 spot with Adams and AP

he's going to be a back-up sg.. it's always good when guys are competing for the starting role. AP's natural position is sg.. don't see that changing.

tandem ford/jose? where have you been?

deaner
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
he's going to be a back-up sg.. it's always good when guys are competing for the starting role. AP's natural position is sg.. don't see that changing.

tandem ford/jose? where have you been?

that was my point kinda on the b) option... it's an overstatement that tandems don't work. (although I think these 2 personalities are different)

my pick was c)

but if BC can't find a SF in a trade that works... I would try AP at that spot.

The Wise 1
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
did y'guys knw that adams is boys with iggy? c'mon adams pull some strings here! lol

b-cuz this guy is 6-4 and can dunk, and i saw his vids on youtube and he has some hops for his height, im wondering y they're calling him a foward...i hope he plays the 2 but his game is not like AP at all.....maybe AP help adams with his shooting and give him some vet help.....but if adams starts then so will kapono which kinda isnt fair 2 moon but were kinda packaging......so its either adams/jk or ap/moon

maybe one time when were killing the other team and their playing small we can have adams,moon&graham pull a dunk fest! LOL

Why are you packaging them together like that? Parker is clearly the better player between him and Kapono.