PDA

View Full Version : Brand to Sixers

Dragon510
07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Elton Brand agrees to go to the 76ers

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers9-2008jul09,0,7626268.story

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 09:18 PM
This helps you guys out. Now Baron may not go to LAC. He may be back in a Warriors uni. The clippers who looked like they were getting everything are now left with nothing...maybe

Your welcome :p

CB30
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
lol Clippers

Jimmy3702
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Would you guys take Baron back if he backed out of the Clippers deal?

IamTurboman
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I think the Clippers still get Baron since we signed Maggette. Baron's gonna want the $$$ the Clips offered.

If Baron did come back...Wow him and Oakland fans. He may get killed!

mays217
07-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Baron is not welcome back.

Tmac416
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
your an idiot if you would take him back. he wants take a deal that gives hgim security for the enxt five years. no team aas wwilling to do it and he found one that would. how can you hate on that. he never doged teh warrios or threw them under the bus. of course i would take him back. in a heart beat

MYWARRIORS
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
your an idiot if you would take him back. he wants take a deal that gives hgim security for the enxt five years. no team aas wwilling to do it and he found one that would. how can you hate on that. he never doged teh warrios or threw them under the bus. of course i would take him back. in a heart beat

I wouldn't take him back, just because many people don't understand the reason he opted out. He would most likely get booooeedd in Oak., and that is not a healthy situation. I like the guy, but from business stand point...please don;t take him back.

mays217
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM

I said I wouldn't take him back. Ok, I'm an idiot. Fine. As far as I'm concerned, he's not welcome back. He's a sneaky, Hollywood diva who left our team in a state of panic. I will never forget the Dallas series, and he helped give this organization life again, but I would rather miss the playoffs this year than be committed to an injury-prone PG for 5 years.

Kdirt
07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
What are you guys talking about. We never offered him a good deal to stay! We low balled him just like weve been low balling Andris and Monta for extensions last season. I guess giving Murphy, Dunleavy, and Foyle really messed with Mullin's head and he got smart, but its not Baron's fault.

Kdirt
07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
He may not be an iron man, but cmon now, Baron is a top 5 point guard. Bottom line, he makes our offense tick.

Lincoln Logs
07-08-2008, 10:16 PM
^ very true. But we can't afford to give him a 5 year deal and that money.

Didn't see this coming, its yet another wierd twist. I like Wright getting more playing time, but there's no doubt Brand's a great player.

mays217
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
What are you guys talking about. We never offered him a good deal to stay! We low balled him just like weve been low balling Andris and Monta for extensions last season. I guess giving Murphy, Dunleavy, and Foyle really messed with Mullin's head and he got smart, but its not Baron's fault.

what were the exact numbers "we" offered him that were so low? 17.8 for one year isn't low, I know that. He knew this was his time to cash in because he had just played in all 82 games. He doesn't have the confidence in himself to stay healthy for a full season, which is part of the reason he opted out. His career was revived in Golden State, and he didn't have the decency to let them know he was opting out because he had a deal in place (tampering) with the Clippers and had to act like it was a last minute decision.
I'm not doubting Baron's talent when he's healthy, but his Hollywoodness bugged me all along. Letting him go to Utah for his movie stuff, partying and showing up hungover to the most important game of the season against Phoenix. Everything I've heard, is the Warriors were offering $45 for 3 years. That's more money per year than Nash, Parker, etc.

Conor
07-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Honestly, I'm shocked. I wouldn't be if he stayed with the Clippers, but he didn't get the best of either worlds with this signing: staying with his team or taking the most money. He kind of took the halfway route, although I guess the east coast is important to him.

And I'm not going to just say "Hey let's take Baron back!" right away.....he screwed us over and I can't see him performing that great for us in a longterm deal and also considering the fact that he won't have full fan support.

Bosh=nextKG
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Now some of you are sad i assume but we don't want an aging brand coming off of an injury. So not only am i happy about him not picking the Warriors but he didn't pick LA. He screwed Baron over and I am soo happy that he did that. I was hoping he would, and I now wonder what you guys think Baron will do, cuz now that Smith and Iggy are Possibilities and we mite trade Al for Hinrich I don't see the Warriors bringing Barons sorry *** back to Oakland. What do you guys think?

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I am just glad hes not going to be a clipper.... A bit disappointed hes not going to be a dub but oh well.....

MYWARRIORS
07-08-2008, 11:47 PM
I said in another post. I like Baron, great player, leader, worked well for Warriors. What happened is simple business decision. W's didn't want to guaranty the contract, and baron knows it was time to make long term contract such as 5y. 65mil GUARANTEED with Clips. All business. Most people think BD screwed W's, and that is why he would be booed in Oak. Not a healthy situation and for a coach killer like Baron? It is explosion ready to happen. I like him, but don't bring him back. :(

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
i didn't think he would have fit GS style of play

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I find this funny. Clippers screwed you guys over, and we screwed them offer right back. Baron may not even be a clipp either. Karma is a *****.

Conor
07-08-2008, 11:58 PM
It would have been funnier if Brand signed with us as a more direct screw-return.

MYWARRIORS
07-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I find this funny. Clippers screwed you guys over, and we screwed them offer right back. Baron may not even be a clipp either. Karma is a *****.

LOL yes. If Baron doesn't sign with them OMG....they'll have first draft pick next year. GO CLIPERS... :confused: