PDA

View Full Version : James Jones

kswissdaf
07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-0708heatjones,0,5914756.story

Like it he is solid

ChitownbullsBG7
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Hug pickup if you ask me. He will have open 3's all day and he can hit them at a high rate.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2008, 08:53 PM
not official yet

kntresistheheat
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
This is a great deal....We need a player like him, and I saw that the heat are talking to kwame brown as well????? Lets go heat!!!

Wade3
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM
If we could pick up Jones that would really help our outside shooting

daleja424
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
wow...james jones is a huge pickup... I think wright may not be back... or may be used in a S/T for a center...

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Nice now i see us trading Marion for a Center or PG.

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
SF Wright/Jones
PF Beasley/Haslem
C ???????/Zo

Anyones got any trade ideas to trade marion for a Center.

twissst89
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Huuuuuuuuge pick up. On a less talented team he has wut it takes to start. He can cum off the bench and light it up. Now we need to lock Wright up long term and trade Marion for guys that will be here in the future.

kntresistheheat
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Pretty much it is, he offered him a contract and he can sign tonight at midnight!

not official yet

daleja424
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Nice now i see us trading Marion for a Center or PG.

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
SF Wright/Jones
PF Beasley/Haslem
C ???????/Zo

Anyones got any trade ideas to trade marion for a Center.

Marion for:
-Harrington/Biedrins
-Walker/Milicic/Lowry
-Simmons/Swift/Boone
-Lafrenze/Frye
-Wilcox/Watson/Marshall
-Nene/Hunter/Atkins

...but thats just off teh top of my head

Diehardheatfan
07-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Huuuuuuuuge pick up. On a less talented team he has wut it takes to start. He can cum off the bench and light it up. Now we need to lock Wright up long term and trade Marion for guys that will be here in the future.

I agree

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Marion for J Smith in a sign and trade.........if only it was possible

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
great pickup. I think the next step now is to trade either Haslem or Marion for help at Center or PG (although I love Chalmers).

yboord028
07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
We really need an interior guy, We really need to trade for a big man more than a PG imo.

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
SF Smith/Wright/Jones
PF Beasley/Smith
C Zo

n trade haslem for a PG

Wade_County
07-08-2008, 10:22 PM
We really need an interior guy, We really need to trade for a big man more than a PG imo.

i agree we need a C, but Wade said he wants a PG so I think we need to look for one.

daleja424
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
i agree we need a C, but Wade said he wants a PG so I think we need to look for one.

ehhh...thats was b4 summer league started and chalmers started dominating!

kntresistheheat
07-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey guys, I am not sure this could happend? But how about if we trade haslem for billups, Not sure if its possible or if we have to a few more but there was a report that the pistons are happy with stucley and they were looking to trade billups for harrington from goled state? Obivously golden state has to add another player or two. It seems like the pistons are looking for big boddies and winning attitude! Thoughts?????

daleja424
07-08-2008, 10:30 PM
ehhh... not thrilled about paying chauncy for the 4 years... he is already almost 32...

DQL
07-08-2008, 10:40 PM
That's a very good pickup. But anyone knows why Pat doesn't sign Pietrus?? I thought he's a sure signing, now he signs for the Magic. I guess it's b/c JJ is cheaper so we can give Chalmers more than rookie scale contract? Pietrus is definitely the better one

daleja424
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
That's a very good pickup. But anyone knows why Pat doesn't sign Pietrus?? I thought he's a sure signing, now he signs for the Magic. I guess it's b/c JJ is cheaper so we can give Chalmers more than rookie scale contract? Pietrus is definitely the better one

Pietrus is more well rounded IMO, but Jones was cheaper and more of a pure spot up 3 point shooter... ala Posey and Kapono...

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to think of possible Marion deals for a center....he's too good for a lot of the deals Daleja mentioned...except the Warrior deal (i like biedrins). But word on the street is that golden state just signed Maggette. With him, Sjax and A.Randolph...they don't need Marion. Especially if they have to give up Biedrins for him. To get fair value for Marion...it'd probably have to be for a PG.....so maybe we should trade Haslem instead for someone with more size, and keep Marion. The best bet would be to trade Haslem + either Wright, Banks or Cook for a starting center.

daleja424
07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm trying to think of possible Marion deals for a center....he's too good for a lot of the deals Daleja mentioned...except the Warrior deal (i like biedrins). But word on the street is that golden state just signed Maggette. With him, Sjax and A.Randolph...they don't need Marion. Especially if they have to give up Biedrins for him. To get fair value for Marion...it'd probably have to be for a PG.....so maybe we should trade Haslem instead for someone with more size, and keep Marion. The best bet would be to trade Haslem + either Wright, Banks or Cook for a starting center.

I agree 1000% percent...

Diehardheatfan
07-08-2008, 10:55 PM

Haslem plus banks. Wright and Cook are gonna be great. Those are great chips under spolestra just watch. Im not trading young future for a decent center. I rather just rent kwame for a year. We need to trade for a point guard using haslem and banks or marion

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Haslem plus banks. Wright and Cook are gonna be great. Those are great chips under spolestra just watch. Im not trading young future for a decent center. I rather just rent kwame for a year. We need to trade for a point guard using haslem and banks or marion

yeah, but who wants to take on banks' long contract? If we're trying to get a better player....we have to include prospects (wright or cook). if we're trading the best player in the deal....then we're in a position to dump contracts on them as well (blount or banks).

twissst89
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM

Haslem,Wright, and Cook are going to be here in the future, Marion isn't. Id trade Marion for Sean Williams or Boone in a heart beat. Im not touching Haslem, Cook, or Wright.

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Haslem,Wright, and Cook are going to be here in the future, Marion isn't. Id trade Marion for Sean Williams or Boone in a heart beat. Im not touching Haslem, Cook, or Wright.

which just makes him that much more attractive to other teams. he's a huge expiring contract, who happens to be an all-star. no way in helllll am I trading that for Josh freakin Boone. I'd rather hold onto Marion for the last year of his deal...and then sign Boozer or something once he expires.

Master Mind
07-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Our best options right now for center is Kwame Brown, David Harrison, and Patrick O'Bryant...I like the sound of Steven Hunter but I haven't heard his name circulate in rumors much if at all...If we are to trade Marion, it'll probably be for a PG or several prospects...

Potential Deals

-Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace
-Shawn Marion or Udonis Haslem and Marcus Banks for Mo Williams and Desmond Mason
-Shawn Marion for Josh Smith
-Shawn Marion for Josh Howard
-Shawn Marion for Monta Ellis

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Our best options right now for center is Kwame Brown, David Harrison, and Patrick O'Bryant...I like the sound of Steven Hunter but I haven't heard his name circulate in rumors much if at all...If we are to trade Marion, it will be for a PG or several prospects...

Potential Deals

-Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace

I like that deal.

twissst89
07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
which just makes him that much more attractive to other teams. he's a huge expiring contract, who happens to be an all-star. no way in helllll am I trading that for Josh freakin Boone. I'd rather hold onto Marion for the last year of his deal...and then sign Boozer or something once he expires.

Have u watched Boone play much? Hes raw as hell and hes young. I guarantee u nets fans wudnt want Marion for Boone. Even getting rid of Simmons contract. Young cheap big men are hard as hell to cum by. Next year Boone wud be here, Marion wudnt.

kntresistheheat
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey how about, Marion, banks and cook for Okafor and wallace????? There was a report that okafor might be willing to sign a one year contract if he is not traded. That would take care of our center position and small foward, Or take Okafor and felton and we can give wright a shot this year to start!

Felton/Chalmers
Wade/???
Wright/Jones
Beasley/haslem
Okafor/zo

OR

Chalmers
Wade
Wallace
Beasley
Okafor

OR ....We can trade S/T marion for J.Smith, because I just dont see smith signing with the clipp's to go to a tough confrence full of fowards and the team is not going no where! He has a better chance with atlanta, and they have better future than the clipp's and I dont see atlanta losing him for nothing especially all the big names already taken. It would make sense for the heat and atlanta doing this trade and atlanta and marion can do the run offense.

ATLANTA

Bibby
Johnson
Marion
Horford
????

Heat

Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
J.smith
Kwame

twissst89
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
The only way they might give up Smith is if we take Claxtons contract to which i wud do obviously. Smith wud really make it easier on Beasley. Wallace and Okafor are both injury proned. Wallace is overpaid for the next 4 years and i rather play Wright.

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 12:56 AM
The only way they might give up Smith is if we take Claxtons contract to which i wud do obviously. Smith wud really make it easier on Beasley. Wallace and Okafor are both injury proned. Wallace is overpaid for the next 4 years and i rather play Wright.

I am NOT trading WRIGHT!!!!! Im Not trading cook. Lets just trade marion. Why the hell woulf we trade a couple guys who are 22. Thats stupid

Master Mind
07-09-2008, 01:05 AM
I am NOT trading WRIGHT!!!!! Im Not trading cook. Lets just trade marion. Why the hell woulf we trade a couple guys who are 22. Thats stupid

Well for one we have no control over who gets traded, and two if it's for a better player/s why not trade them...

twissst89
07-09-2008, 01:21 AM

Wo Wo. U and me are the only 2 that are on the Wright and Cook wagon. Read wut I wrote, I said I dont want to get Okafor and Wallace cus thel tie up the salary cap, and their injury prone. All my post are keeping Wright and Cook and Haslem. These are young guys that are cheap. Wright and Cook still have All Star potential.

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 01:22 AM
That's right, and we would be getting an allstar of josh smith that he is a beast and 22yrs old as well. I think wallace and okafor is 26yrs old so again there very young and very talented and proven starters with all-star pontential!

Well for one we have no control over who gets traded, and two if it's for a better player/s why not trade them...

twissst89
07-09-2008, 01:29 AM

I dont want to keep trading players, you never build chemistry that way. Spurs and Pistons are always contending cus they keep the same team and let them learn how to play with each other. Both Wright and Cook havent been given plays run for them or consistent playing time. People keep saying their not getting playing time for a reason. Thats right cus their young and playing under Riley. I think Cook had 17 points his opening game and barely saw him the next few. If he was given consistent playing time we wud be saying how untouchable he is.

Master Mind
07-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Wo Wo. U and me are the only 2 that are on the Wright and Cook wagon. Read wut I wrote, I said I dont want to get Okafor and Wallace cus thel tie up the salary cap, and their injury prone. All my post are keeping Wright and Cook and Haslem. These are young guys that are cheap. Wright and Cook still have All Star potential.

:eyebrow: Come on. They have the potential to be solid but All Star potential :confused:

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 01:31 AM
No... wright has allstar pontential?, Not cook! Haslem is not that cheap, well for what he does he is but he is not a bench player and were not going to let his talent come of the bench and I dont think he would be ok with that since he has been a starter since he came in the league. Might as well get something for him and as far for cook I think he deserves to prove himself like we let wright for 4yrs but has not lived to his pontential.....He has had flashes and I know he does not get to much of an oppurtunity but when he did get it didnt do much until this year unfortunate he got hurt and shut down. BUT When wade came to the league and got the oppurtunity to play he showed that he belongs as a starter and most importantly in league! So yeah if there's a calibear player like, Okafor, Wallace, Ellis, J.smith and we had to include cook, wright or haslem with marion then yeah I will most defenatlly pull the trigger!

Master Mind
07-09-2008, 01:33 AM
No... wright has allstar pontential?, Not cook! Haslem is not that cheap, well for what he does he is but he is not a bench player and were not going to let his talent come of the bench and I dont think he would be ok with that since he has been a starter since he came in the league. Might as well get something for him and as far for cook I think he deserves to prove himself like we let wright for 4yrs but has not lived to his pontential.....He has had flashes and I know he does not get to much of an oppurtunity but when he did get it didnt do much until this year unfortunate he got hurt and shut down. BUT When wade came to the league and got the oppurtunity to play he showed that he belongs as a starter and most importantly in league! So yeah if there's a calibear player like, Okafor, Wallace, Ellis, J.smith and we had to include cook, wright or haslem with marion then yeah I will most defenatlly pull the trigger!

Me too...I'd go dirty harry on those deals---Make my day Charlotte...:guns:

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 01:37 AM
:hi5::up:Thank you!:bow:

Me too...I'd go dirty harry on those deals---Make my day Charlotte...:guns:

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Cook is the next byron scott and Wright is like T Mac when he was on the raptors. Im not trading either. Great pieces. Im willing to give up marion who is a superstar and an expiring so hes valuable from any aspect. Haslem has been getting interest. Im willing to move those chips. Beasley, Wade, Wright, Chalmers, Cook. Is an awesome young nucleus with the right starting point guard. We will get a center later. Theres only like 5 good centers ... I mean real centers not power forwards playing center. We dont need a center we just need a guy who can rebound and block shots. It will come in time.

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 04:18 AM
i wouldnt move haslem,cook or wright.if u want some of our players to be traded,we have,banks,blount and marion.im sure we can get a package for them,or just marion.

blip45
07-09-2008, 05:16 AM
I agree

I don't know what this means, but think Wright just signed a new agent.
On his way out?:confused:

king j.a.l.
07-09-2008, 05:34 AM
dont want to keep trading players, you never build chemistry that way. Spurs and Pistons are always contending cus they keep the same team and let them learn how to play with each other. Both Wright and Cook havent been given plays run for them or consistent playing time. People keep saying their not getting playing time for a reason. Thats right cus their young and playing under Riley. I think Cook had 17 points his opening game and barely saw him the next few. If he was given consistent playing time we wud be saying how untouchable he is.

I agree 100%

I think that all the trades that has been suggested are good but like in the quote above u can't keep on trading players an expect for them to just gel like the pistons and the spurs. Like riley said he is trying to make this team deep on the bench and that requires having solid players like wright and cook.
By the time wade's contract is up u want to have a team that is an cohesive unit that will make wade want 2 stay. There is a lot 2 be said about a team that u have played with the same players 4 a little while and u all have gel 2gether.

My thought is that now that the heat has maybe picked up jj, all we need now is to pick up kwame and maybe another solid vet with the minimum and let the team rideout. cuz i think that right now the heat can compete 4 a playoff spot. Fellas don't 4get our goal is to be ready 4 the 2010 season.

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 08:06 AM
LMAO @ MasterMind...you be foolin bro. Dirty Harry...rofl. Anyway, some of you need to start watching other teams. Miami isn't the only team in the league. James Jones was a top 3 percentage 3 point shooter last year. Great pick up. We missed this all last year w/ the departures of Kapono and Posey. Can you imagine Chalmers, Wade and Beasley penetrating and dishing off to an automatic shooter? Splash like Dipset. And Pietrus is gone, he's signed a deal to play for Orlando. I guess he really wanted to be in Florida?

As for Boone. I've said it numerous times, he'd be one of the best pickups we could get this year. In limited minutes he still put up fire numbers. He's young and still developing and he has DPOY potential from the center spot. I wish Pat would trade for him.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 08:07 AM
I dont want to keep trading players, you never build chemistry that way. Spurs and Pistons are always contending cus they keep the same team and let them learn how to play with each other. Both Wright and Cook havent been given plays run for them or consistent playing time. People keep saying their not getting playing time for a reason. Thats right cus their young and playing under Riley. I think Cook had 17 points his opening game and barely saw him the next few. If he was given consistent playing time we wud be saying how untouchable he is.

I have to strongly disagree. We won 15 games last year. Chemirty needs to be changed. Players NEED to be traded. I know we had a ton of injuries but the fact remains that we reallu underachieved even when healthy last year. A shake up is needed.

Also, why the hell would we trade Marion for Smith?!? At this point we need either a center OR a point guard (I like Super Mario though). I don't see the point in trading for Smith, even though he is young and very talented. I just dont see Riley trading one forward for another forward... seeing as we really only have two holes on out team and they aint at forward.

I would be open to getting Okafor for him though... Maybe Okafor/Morrison (or Carrol) for Marion/Banks

ccrawley30
07-09-2008, 08:10 AM
He is a good Pf or C out of xavier

marlinsfan24
07-09-2008, 09:04 AM
I like the Jones signing. Now we need a Center. PG should be a secondary issue. I really like Chalmers.

noturnormalhero
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
wow @ some of you still with all these trade rumors. right now marion is not going to be traded anytime soon. if he is traded this year, it will be in the middle of the season close to trade deadline to a team making a push for a playoff run (championship contender). i would have said the warriors but magette has a verbal agreement with them so there goes that. for now he's staying here so any "trade" scenarios would have to be done at a later time cuz this offseason, i cant realistically see it happening.

another thing, why is everyone so big on trading haslem? i rather have him come off the bench than anyone else we have on our team at that position. Dude was our starting Forward a few years ago in the championship and now everyone is like "get rid of him completely!!" ..wow. james jones was a good pickup..a cheaper pietrus and a more pure shooter as someone previously stated. kid can play, i remember watching him play for the Canes..he's nice. Good guy to come off ur bench and spread the floor.

as far as cook and wright. i have no hate on either or but i personally rather keep wright. he's more explosive and to me..more talented. he could drive and shoot. cook is a lights out shooter but he still needs work on his ball handling skills. he CAN shoot well with a hand in his face but i wish he has better ball control to set himself up for better shots off the dribble. as i've said before, i could only sit here and cross my fingers Miami ends up next year with McClinton from UM. just as good as a shooter,clutch, over 90% FT %, and has better ball handling than cook imo. aside from that, we need to develop a team and chemistry with our core players which now is Wade and Beasley because those are for sure long term players. Cook and Wright need to be played on a more consistant basis to get their games at the level we are expecting them to be at. Depth wise, starters and bench...(when 100% healthy)..i feel we do have a shot at a playoff run. i WOULD NOT be surprised if they didnt make it though. IMO, the best teams overall in the east (not in any order)..would be Boston,Detroit,Magic,Cavs,Bucks,Hawks,76ers,Wizard s (always good for a 1st round loss),and possibly even the Nets..Knicks should be better obviously..the Bulls in the mix too. Not as easy as some of you are making it seem.

BALLER71
07-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Write this down. If he signs this will be the most underratd signing.

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
yea.chalmers is a very good pg.his game doesnt look like a rookies pg play!!!!he is vary mature and he always makes the right decision!!!and he is a very good shooter and defender.and he is quick..etc...i really like him.finally a proper pg for the heat!!!!!!!!!

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 10:47 AM
He is a good Pf or C out of xavier

i realy like duncan too.he has great potentials.and he can shoot.but he is not the blount type of player.he should be a nice center backup!!!!!and he can play good defense.and he has a good inside presence!!!!from the summer league roster i would sign anthony morrow and josh duncan.powell.lasme,chamers and beasley are already to our team.right????

twissst89
07-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I have to strongly disagree. We won 15 games last year. Chemirty needs to be changed. Players NEED to be traded. I know we had a ton of injuries but the fact remains that we reallu underachieved even when healthy last year. A shake up is needed.

Also, why the hell would we trade Marion for Smith?!? At this point we need either a center OR a point guard (I like Super Mario though). I don't see the point in trading for Smith, even though he is young and very talented. I just dont see Riley trading one forward for another forward... seeing as we really only have two holes on out team and they aint at forward.

I would be open to getting Okafor for him though... Maybe Okafor/Morrison (or Carrol) for Marion/Banks

Ur right we obviously need a huge change from last year. But we already have it. We added Beasley,Chalmmers and Jones. We hopefully are letting Davis and Williams go. Im saying that we shouldnt trade our youth who is only getting better. Its the young core im talking about building chemistry. Not guys like Williams and Davis.

I dont know why u wudnt love trading Marion for Smith. Its easy why u wud do it, wed be trading a guy that wont be here next year for another franchise player. Beasley and Smith is enogh to build your team around, let alone with Wade. Smith wud make Beasleys game a lot easier. Help defense and drivng to the basket kicking it out to him for that shot. Id trade for the most talented player and thats Smith.

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
all we need is a good center now

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
This signing should be the end of Ricky Davis too, barring what roster spots might open after any trades of course.

Hopefully we can sign&trade him somewhere for something we need.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Ur right we obviously need a huge change from last year. But we already have it. We added Beasley,Chalmmers and Jones. We hopefully are letting Davis and Williams go. Im saying that we shouldnt trade our youth who is only getting better. Its the young core im talking about building chemistry. Not guys like Williams and Davis.

I dont know why u wudnt love trading Marion for Smith. Its easy why u wud do it, wed be trading a guy that wont be here next year for another franchise player. Beasley and Smith is enogh to build your team around, let alone with Wade. Smith wud make Beasleys game a lot easier. Help defense and drivng to the basket kicking it out to him for that shot. Id trade for the most talented player and thats Smith.

Look at teams like the Bulls... to much youth. Winning teams have a couple young guys... but not 4. It is very unlikely that a contending team will be able to find minutes for 4-5 "youngsters". Mario and Beasley have already shown us more then Cook/Wright ever had... and they are rookies. Wright isn't part of the long term plan here or we wouldn't have just signed another forward. And it doesn't make sens to hold on to cook when he is never going to get a shot here if we can get a player who will be starting for us. Cook and Wright may be young, but they are just going to waste away on the bench again next year so why would we keep them if we could trade them for something useful...

I wouldn't be opposed to Smith, I just see other bigger needs that we have... Now if Smith leaves Atlanta and they are looking for a forward I would consider tarding him for Horford...

noturnormalhero
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
This signing should be the end of Ricky Davis too, barring what roster spots might open after any trades of course.

i was thinkin the same thing. think the cavs could use another swing man like that to come off the bench. right now they have who? wally and sasha? wally's contract is ridiculous and they are tryin to unload it anywayz. could be wrong, but davis i think averaged more per game while in CLE then anywhere else. so yeah. but they dont have much i would care for contract or play personnel that's within a reason. i'd trade him str8 up for a first round pick. not sure if minnesota would want him back. i'd take a first rounder too lol. they just got one from the 76ers off that odd trade. they have what? 2-3 now?

i said it before i hate the idea of trading haslem but people kept saying orlando and the bucks. the clippers could use a Forward now prolly more then any other team with the departure of brand..

and dale..i totally agree with u and glad someone brought that up. i like wright and cook but if they are not being used at all or utilized properly..get rid of them. the heat usually play 8-9 deep wade,beasley,haslem,marion,zo,blount,james jones,chalmers,banks/jwill ...cook/wright...one is going to get snubbed. maybe both. i'd love for us within the next 2 years to get a vet starting PG. and have chalmers come off the bench unless he just automatically turns into a stud lol. with a vet, and mario. pg would be set.

ATX
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM

Ya, as soon as I saw this, Ricky Davis came to mind. This has to spell the end for Davis, which ehh, (with the arrival of Jones) don't really care. I really hope that this won't affect Wright in any way. I hope Miami keeps him, and then next year with the inevitable departure of Marion the depth would be Wright/Jones at the SF. Which, if you ask me, isn't half bad. However, it wouldn't shock me if 1. Another team offers more than the Heat want to pay and 2. He is involved in a move for a center.

yankees932
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
The person that said we need a Kendrick Perkins type center nailed it. We need a center that gives us 25-30 quality minutes on the defensive end and rebounds. We need a guy that can guard the other teams top post player and create havoc in the lane for guards slashing to the lane. Any scoring the center does would be a bonus.

The best center available to me seems to me Biedrens. That guy is like 22 and a decent defender/rebounder. However, he has much room to grow.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 01:13 PM
What this signing could also mean is that Riley wasn't/isn't looking at a center through free agency (we won't have enough left I think), or wasn't able to land one within the MLE amount.

However since free agency has just started the latter might be too soon to conclude, so it could mean Riley thinks he can upgrade the center position through a trade, which means a trade could be coming up.

This is just speculation on my part of course, but if we spend a large part of our MLE on a position that wasn't our #1 or #2 priority it makes one wonder at least.

twissst89
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Look at teams like the Bulls... to much youth. Winning teams have a couple young guys... but not 4. It is very unlikely that a contending team will be able to find minutes for 4-5 "youngsters". Mario and Beasley have already shown us more then Cook/Wright ever had... and they are rookies. Wright isn't part of the long term plan here or we wouldn't have just signed another forward. And it doesn't make sens to hold on to cook when he is never going to get a shot here if we can get a player who will be starting for us. Cook and Wright may be young, but they are just going to waste away on the bench again next year so why would we keep them if we could trade them for something useful...

I wouldn't be opposed to Smith, I just see other bigger needs that we have... Now if Smith leaves Atlanta and they are looking for a forward I would consider tarding him for Horford...

1. Its summer league which u cannot go by at all. Earl Baron averaged 22 points in summer league. Cook has been given bad playing time for 1 year and droped i think 19 points his first nba game. Will Chalmmers do that? (Just comparing after 2 games.)

2. What makes u think Wright will stay being on the bench? Wright is a big time part of the future and everyone will see it once he gets consistent playing time and he sees we are in a youth movement. A lot of times young players dont play good with older players. Teams like Philly understood their role as an upcoming powerhouse and looked impressive. Marion wont be here and who do u got at SF? Im a big James Jones fan but I rather have Wright starting and Jones coming off the deepening our bench. Same thing with Cook. Wade needs a backup and who said Wade will retire a heat. Cook needs to just keep doin his thing and hel get a shot.

3. About contending teams not having young guys. Wright and Cook wont always be young. Like I said teams like Detroit and San Antonio keep their young guys to develop chemistry. Not saying wel compete next year but thats how u compete every year.

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Actually Cook balled pretty hard at the end of the year. I love Wright and Cook, it will be hard to see either one of them go. But I know its inevitable. Would the numbers match up on this trade?

Marion + Cook/Wright for Biedrins + Harrington?

twissst89
07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
i was thinkin the same thing. think the cavs could use another swing man like that to come off the bench. right now they have who? wally and sasha? wally's contract is ridiculous and they are tryin to unload it anywayz. could be wrong, but davis i think averaged more per game while in CLE then anywhere else. so yeah. but they dont have much i would care for contract or play personnel that's within a reason. i'd trade him str8 up for a first round pick. not sure if minnesota would want him back. i'd take a first rounder too lol. they just got one from the 76ers off that odd trade. they have what? 2-3 now?

i said it before i hate the idea of trading haslem but people kept saying orlando and the bucks. the clippers could use a Forward now prolly more then any other team with the departure of brand..

and dale..i totally agree with u and glad someone brought that up. i like wright and cook but if they are not being used at all or utilized properly..get rid of them. the heat usually play 8-9 deep wade,beasley,haslem,marion,zo,blount,james jones,chalmers,banks/jwill ...cook/wright...one is going to get snubbed. maybe both. i'd love for us within the next 2 years to get a vet starting PG. and have chalmers come off the bench unless he just automatically turns into a stud lol. with a vet, and mario. pg would be set.

Whos going to be your starting SF after Marion leaves next season? Wright and Cook are still young and have plenty of potential. He wont start next season if Marion is still here but will develop even more. Then when he comes into start everyone is going to say how much they love him and how untouchable he is. Remember u said get rid of him and Cook. Not trying to argue but just saying watch how they turn out this season.

noturnormalhero
07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Whos going to be your starting SF after Marion leaves next season? Wright and Cook are still young and have plenty of potential. He wont start next season if Marion is still here but will develop even more. Then when he comes into start everyone is going to say how much they love him and how untouchable he is. Remember u said get rid of him and Cook. Not trying to argue but just saying watch how they turn out this season.

if marion leaves, and wright turns out to be the player we expect (you expect WAY more then i do) then yeah, keep the kid and let him play. if he again has another year that we sit here like "ok..he'll be good next year for sure". then sorry..get rid of him. he's been here since 04-05..we got rid of rasul butler in shorter time and he turned out to be decent but as a starter? wright is talented but his talent alone has not convinced me yet that i'd want him as a STARTER. sorry. is it possible? sure. just as of right now, i cant see him being a starter for us (if marion wasnt here of course). he has the potential like i said, dont get me wrong but still. and yeah. there is always the draft. who knows what could happen. FA wise for next year..the only name to come to mind would be jamaal crawford lol. and i said i'd like to keep him and cook but if they arent going to be used..wats the point?

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 02:51 PM
How about Haslem for Haywood Straight up it works on the trade Machine, And it gives up a good Center, that can Rebound and play defense.

PG Mario/Banks
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Jones
PF Beasley/Blount
C Haywood/Zo

look at his player card.....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3532

ATX
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm definately for keeping both Wright and Cook...As twissst mentioned, chemistry....develope the youth...become a team. Teams grow together by developing chemistry. Which is growing to trust one another, knowing each others tendencies...strengths, weaknesses. Chemistry is sacrificing for the greater good of the team.

Yes, when Marion leaves for "greener" pastures, then Wright should be the one to step in and take the starting SF role. As for Cook, we need a good backup SG for Wade...hopefully Wade stays healthy, but you never know...and besides why not try and keep Cook. Who better to learn the NBA game from than Wade?

Wasn't it just a couple of day's ago that Riley was stressing that adding depth was paramount this offseason...Haslem, Wright, Cook provide quality depth that we need, and besides it's cheap labor. I hope we keep all of them. Yes I'm very aware of the fact that we need a major upgrade at the center position...but we're paying Blount over 8 million a year...It's the price we may have to pay for a little while longer. Unless we can move him, and that's doubtful, then at least his deal is up in the all important 2010/11 season, and that will free up millions in cap room. It blows my mind that Blount is able to collect that fat of a paycheck...Anyways, all I'm saying is that Wade is still young, and Beasley just fell from the sky right into our laps...We have a bright young future, don't give it away for just anything...

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm definately for keeping both Wright and Cook...As twissst mentioned, chemistry....develope the youth...become a team. Teams grow together by developing chemistry. Which is growing to trust one another, knowing each others tendencies...strengths, weaknesses. Chemistry is sacrificing for the greater good of the team.

Yes, when Marion leaves for "greener" pastures, then Wright should be the one to step in and take the starting SF role. As for Cook, we need a good backup SG for Wade...hopefully Wade stays healthy, but you never know...and besides why not try and keep Cook. Who better to learn the NBA game from than Wade?

Wasn't it just a couple of day's ago that Riley was stressing that adding depth was paramount this offseason...Haslem, Wright, Cook provide quality depth that we need, and besides it's cheap labor. I hope we keep all of them. Yes I'm very aware of the fact that we need a major upgrade at the center position...but we're paying Blount over 8 million a year...It's the price we may have to pay for a little while longer. Unless we can move him, and that's doubtful, then at least his deal is up in the all important 2010/11 season, and that will free up millions in cap room. It blows my mind that Blount is able to collect that fat of a paycheck...Anyways, all I'm saying is that Wade is still young, and Beasley just fell from the sky right into our laps...We have a bright young future, don't give it away for just anything...

Then we should really trade marion because hes yet to play a game with the whole team, so trade him for a PG, and just sign K.Brown for that big body.

ATX
07-09-2008, 03:03 PM
^^ I like the Haywood idea. Good thinking...

I just don't see us getting equal value for Marion...I'd rather just let him walk at season's end, and see what we can do then...I'd be all for saving the cap room he creates for a year and then pursuing Stoudemire/Bosh.

noturnormalhero
07-09-2008, 03:12 PM
^^ I like the Haywood idea. Good thinking...

I just don't see us getting equal value for Marion...I'd rather just let him walk at season's end, and see what we can do then...I'd be all for saving the cap room he creates for a year and then pursuing Stoudemire/Bosh.

i totally agree. then again something is better than nothing. our main thing with moving marion is to create salary cap space more then it is for finding a player to fill a hole....at least that's how i see it. i'd trade him for a 1st round pick and a young prospect and a role player. good chance we dont get a stud for stud trade..so we'll take what we can.

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 03:14 PM

You obviously havent noticed that Spolestra is the coach now NOT Riley! Spolestra loves wright and beasley and cook the most behind wade. He loves wright and has already spoken on how he will play 30 minutes a night.

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Just leave the Core of Wright,Cook,Wade,Haslem,Zo,Beasley(he hasnt play a game yet but hes are 2nd pick so he has to be part of it.) When you have a deep core all you know to do is sign players that are good at doing certain things, like Jones hes a Very good 3pt shoter, Maybe sign K.Thomas for Defense and rebounding at Center, things like that, But we just need to fill in the pieces at these spots.

Pg Mario/????
SG Wade/Cook
SF Wright/Jones
PF Beasley/Haslem
C ???????/Zo

We can use Marion as a trade piece, for getting a PG and C. Maybe include blount or Banks in that deal too.

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 03:18 PM
And by the way if we are going to trade marion its most likely going to involve 3 or more teams.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
1. Its summer league which u cannot go by at all. Earl Baron averaged 22 points in summer league. Cook has been given bad playing time for 1 year and droped i think 19 points his first nba game. Will Chalmmers do that? (Just comparing after 2 games.)

2. What makes u think Wright will stay being on the bench? Wright is a big time part of the future and everyone will see it once he gets consistent playing time and he sees we are in a youth movement. A lot of times young players dont play good with older players. Teams like Philly understood their role as an upcoming powerhouse and looked impressive. Marion wont be here and who do u got at SF? Im a big James Jones fan but I rather have Wright starting and Jones coming off the deepening our bench. Same thing with Cook. Wade needs a backup and who said Wade will retire a heat. Cook needs to just keep doin his thing and hel get a shot.

3. About contending teams not having young guys. Wright and Cook wont always be young. Like I said teams like Detroit and San Antonio keep their young guys to develop chemistry. Not saying wel compete next year but thats how u compete every year.

1. Chalmers may not score as much as Cook but he will do A LOT MORE his rookie year then Cook b/c if his skill set. Mario doesn't turn the ball over, he shoots the 3 (something that Cook was very inconstant doing), he dribbles and attacks, he rebounds, and he plays great defense...

2. I am all for keeping Cook and Wright... but if we can get a strater now... you have to trade them. Maybe me and you just don't agree on that... but I highly highly doubt that Riley is going to lose for a couple years so that he can develope two young guys... Look at the Celtics. Which of there young stars did they keep??? Oh thats right... they traded them all for a championship and won... If there is a guy to help us win out there, u don't sit on your hands and say... I don't wanna trade our marginal talent...

3. Again I say... The celtics traded their youth. That is the true value of youth... for trading! When youngsters show something "special" you keep them... Wright and Cook are not "special"... beasley is special... mario has a chance...

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey now that the Warriors signed Corey Maggette, they could be looking to move Harrington so we can trade marion for Harringtion and Biedrins for marion, that would give the warriors

PG Ellis/Watson
SG Jackson/Wright
SF Maggette/Randolph
PF Marion/Croshere
C Perovic/F/A

Heat
PG Mario/Banks
SG Wade/Jones
SF Wright/Harringtion
PF Beasley/Haslem
C Biedrins/Zo

Harringtions Contract expires after this season so we let him walk, We save that cap space and then the following season Blounts contract expires also with haslem with would give us, about 15 Between each other AND harringtions if we dont sign anyone. which we can use to sign Bosh or something and move Beasley to SF.

Pg Mario/Banks
SG Wade/Cook
SF Beasley/Wright
PF Bosh/Jones
C Biedrins/F/A

jrodmesche
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
i would hate to see these two go but they seem logicall trade wright and haslem for a good center the only problem would be you would need a sub for beasley which blount can play power forward

ATX
07-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but say you deal away your first round picks and young prospects for max deal veterans...Think of the possible consequences. Some teams have to do this as their window of opportunity to contend is closing...but a young team such as the Heat doesn't need to do this now (Sure, maybe if there was another Shaq-type of player, like say Dwight Howard being offered to us...but let's be realistic). We have the youth and future cap space to develope a team that can stay together, gel and contend as an elite East team for several years. I'm not saying that Wright or Cook will be stars, but they can become key pieces that play their roles, (like say Bowen, Oberto, Horry or Barry of the Spurs). If a team sells it's youth (Foundation) for vets for a quick shot at a title, the rebuilding process could take the major part of a decade. Fans become disinterested, costing the team millions in marketing, sales and advertising. A lot of people here seem to want to mortgage everything we have as far as our future players/picks to be able to contend next year...We have a foundation in place (Wade, Mario, Beasley, Wright, Cook, Jones, Haslem) to rebuild quickly, but if we keep selling off our youth and depth...well, I've said enough...

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but say you deal away your first round picks and young prospects for max deal veterans...Think of the possible consequences. Some teams have to do this as their window of opportunity to contend is closing...but a young team such as the Heat doesn't need to do this now (Sure, maybe if there was another Shaq-type of player, like say Dwight Howard being offered to us...but let's be realistic). We have the youth and future cap space to develope a team that can stay together, gel and contend as an elite East team for several years. I'm not saying that Wright or Cook will be stars, but they can become key pieces that play their roles, (like say Bowen, Oberto, Horry or Barry of the Spurs). If a team sells it's youth (Foundation) for vets for a quick shot at a title, the rebuilding process could take the major part of a decade. Fans become disinterested, costing the team millions in marketing, sales and advertising. A lot of people here seem to want to mortgage everything we have as far as our future players/picks to be able to contend next year...We have a foundation in place (Wade, Mario, Beasley, Wright, Cook, Jones, Haslem) to rebuild quickly, but if we keep selling off our youth and depth...well, I've said enough...

Im not suggesting we trade cook/wright for Mutumbo here. And no one said anything about a max guy. My point is that if we can trade say Haslem/Cook for Biedrins... it would be ******** to hold onto Cook. Biedrins may not be OUR pick but he would still be young...

twissst89
07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
1. Chalmers may not score as much as Cook but he will do A LOT MORE his rookie year then Cook b/c if his skill set. Mario doesn't turn the ball over, he shoots the 3 (something that Cook was very inconstant doing), he dribbles and attacks, he rebounds, and he plays great defense...

2. I am all for keeping Cook and Wright... but if we can get a strater now... you have to trade them. Maybe me and you just don't agree on that... but I highly highly doubt that Riley is going to lose for a couple years so that he can develope two young guys... Look at the Celtics. Which of there young stars did they keep??? Oh thats right... they traded them all for a championship and won... If there is a guy to help us win out there, u don't sit on your hands and say... I don't wanna trade our marginal talent...

3. Again I say... The celtics traded their youth. That is the true value of youth... for trading! When youngsters show something "special" you keep them... Wright and Cook are not "special"... beasley is special... mario has a chance...

We can trade our youth too like Boston. We already did that when we got Shaq then screwed up our future. Just like Boston will do. Keeping young guys and building chemistry until their in the prime is the only way to contend every year. We have advantages when Haslem Wright and Cook come off the bench. Trading amazing bench players for an average center is the last thing we need to do. We can keep our amazing depth and let a center fall to us. In the mean time we can just throw Anthony down their and see how he develops. Were almost already set on our bench and have to worry about a center next. Either we can trade a guy that wont be here next year in Marion or just try to add 1 next year with all the open money.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:13 PM
We arent going to agree on this I have a feeling...

>>> The Heat NEED to win NOW if they want to keep WADE around!

---who cares if we set up our team to win in 2011...if Wade leaves in 2010...b/c then we will suck anyways

twissst89
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM

---who cares if we set up our team to win in 2011...if Wade leaves in 2010...b/c then we will suck anyways

Yea but Wade will look at what the next 5 years are going to look likke too. I think Wade wud rather look at

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Wade/Cook
Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
20 mil open Bosh/Anthony

Rather then

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Wade
Jones
Beasley/Anthony/Lasme
Biedrins/10 mil open

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Yea but Wade will look at what the next 5 years are going to look likke too. I think Wade wud rather look at

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Wade/Cook
Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
20 mil open Bosh/Anthony

Rather then

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Wade
Jones
Beasley/Anthony/Lasme
Biedrins/10 mil open

where is that number coming from. Look at the team you have there... its makes like 40mil max in a year that the cap will be like 60+ mil. we could add a SF that summer with that 20+ mil...

fins08
07-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I like it. I would of rather gotten a C or PG, but there are none. He can shoot the 3 ball well. We need that. Depth is definetly added here!

Master Mind
07-09-2008, 05:30 PM

:clap:...It's all about wins, I don't expect us to roll over like the Nets in hopes of signing big names in 2010...We have our star in Wade, we need to worry about pleasing him instead of waiting for Wright and Cook to reach their potential if ever. And it's not like if we trade them away we're taking back players from a retirement home.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 05:31 PM
I see no reason why we can't have a combination of winning and youth with the squad we are currently building.

Of course the media keep throwing the names of the players who could possibly leave/become free agents/whatever out there at every change they get. They have to write their usually cheap shallow articles about something don't they. And what sells more than speculation, speculation and more speculation? We found that out these past few months leading up to the draft.

And of course other teams' fans like to keep telling you that your favorite star player is going to leave. Trying to get on your nerves like that.

Imagine every star player in the league leaving his team if they don't contend for the title every year. There would be a whole lot of leaving going on each year.

In reality things have to get pretty bad for a team for a player to leave like that. There has to be a fallout with management, seriously bad chemistry between teammates or another team offering a much better deal (which we won't have to worry about since we can offer our own player more than any other team). Most of the time the player stays put and all the talk has been for nothing.

I'm not worried about Wade leaving. There is no reason right now to think our team will be is such a bad situation in the future that we would have such a situation. Getting rid of Shaq and his contract fixed a HUGE part of our financial problems, if not almost all. Rome can't be built overnight. The team has to improve this offseason with the opportunities and availabilities at hand, and it will have to improve again next offseason. Right now we are on the right track Imo. We had a very good draft, and we just added a valuable role player. I'm sure Riley will make at least one more move to improve the team before the summer is over.

And if Wade leaves for whatever reason we will have a lot of cash to spend on other nice players.

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Man we need to add vets like K.Thomas, that can Bring leadership, and help are young grow up faster.

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I see no reason why we can't have a combination of winning and youth with the squad we are currently building.

Of course the media keep throwing the names of the players who could possibly leave/become free agents/whatever out there at every change they get. They have to write their usually cheap shallow articles about something don't they. And what sells more than speculation, speculation and more speculation? We found that out these past few months leading up to the draft.

And of course other teams' fans like to keep telling you that your favorite star player is going to leave. Trying to get on your nerves like that.

Imagine every star player in the league leaving his team if they don't contend for the title every year. There would be a whole lot of leaving going on each year.

In reality things have to get pretty bad for a team for a player to leave like that. There has to be a fallout with management, seriously bad chemistry between teammates or another team offering a much better deal (which we won't have to worry about since we can offer our own player more than any other team). Most of the time the player stays put and all the talk has been for nothing.

I'm not worried about Wade leaving. There is no reason right now to think our team will be is such a bad situation in the future that we would have such a situation. Getting rid of Shaq and his contract fixed a HUGE part of our financial problems, if not almost all. Rome can't be built overnight. The team has to improve this offseason with the opportunities and availabilities at hand, and it will have to improve again next offseason. Right now we are on the right track Imo. We had a very good draft, and we just added a valuable role player. I'm sure Riley will make at least one more move to improve the team before the summer is over.

And if Wade leaves for whatever reason we will have a lot of cash to spend on other nice players.

Yeah and lets say wade does leave then were going to have 35+ Million to waste on other players.

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Besides i dont expect us to win a Championship this year but at least make the playoffs which would be a HUGE upgrade over, last season, which means we have improved besides, i really think Mario can be are answer long term as are PG. We just need a Big man, like bosh or Amare. Because 9 of the last 11 seasons, have been won by teams that have had a Big man. Spurs,lakers,Heat. So i think every team needs a Big man in order to win in this league. So just chill and wait up for summer of 2010 and hopefully we can sign Bosh or Amare.

ATX
07-09-2008, 06:13 PM

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Wade/Cook
Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
20 mil open Bosh/Anthony

Rather then

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Wade
Jones
Beasley/Anthony/Lasme
Biedrins/10 mil open

We're on the same page here Twissst. Wade will make his judgement based on what the future looks like...No need to blow all the cash we have on desperate moves for mediocre players this offseaon just to appease Wade. I seriously doubt that's what he wants anyways, as I think he understands the bigger picture...That's exactly why Jones' contract is otptional after the first two years...If we are going to try and appease Wade, then it going to be in the year he can opt out. say we win 41 games next season, then 46 the next year...bring in a CB, and Wade see's that the Heat have a team capable of winning 50+ games for many seasons to come. If we use up that cap space now and it doesn't work, then we're screwed...

ATX
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
:clap:...It's all about wins, I don't expect us to roll over like the Nets in hopes of signing big names in 2010...We have our star in Wade, we need to worry about pleasing him instead of waiting for Wright and Cook to reach their potential if ever. And it's not like if we trade them away we're taking back players from a retirement home.

:laugh2:

We're by no means rolling over...As is, we have a playoff calibur team, no doubt.

twissst89
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
We're on the same page here Twissst. Wade will make his judgement based on what the future looks like...No need to blow all the cash we have on desperate moves for mediocre players this offseaon just to appease Wade. I seriously doubt that's what he wants anyways, as I think he understands the bigger picture...That's exactly why Jones' contract is otptional after the first two years...If we are going to try and appease Wade, then it going to be in the year he can opt out. say we win 41 games next season, then 46 the next year...bring in a CB, and Wade see's that the Heat have a team capable of winning 50+ games for many seasons to come. If we use up that cap space now and it doesn't work, then we're screwed...

Exactly. We have some advantages now and will be even bigger advantages in 2010. Beasley has an advantage over most PF's. Haslem has advantages over all 2nd string PF's. And I think Lasme has advantages over 3rd string PF's. We are starting to deepen our bench with young guys that can be here for the next 10 years. 1 thing such as Cook developing every year cud open Wades eyes.

ATX
07-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Love this post!! :clap:

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Great pickup.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
hmmm. Im in the minority I see here... Well I have nothing else to point out so I guess I lose:(... But seriously. If we keep Cook I'll be happy... I just dont want to make him like Dwight hOward untouchable...

danbola
07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
hmmm. Im in the minority I see here... Well I have nothing else to point out so I guess I lose:(... But seriously. If we keep Cook I'll be happy... I just dont want to make him like Dwight hOward untouchable...

I agree with most of what you've written. I believe most people here place too much value on Wright, Cook, and Haslem. Wright has not shown me anything in his career for me to expect much from him as a future starter. I love Haslem, and would be sad to see him leave. Cook has alot of potential, and I would like to have him here. But the thing is, they are all backups. If we could use them to get a good quality center, we should jump at it. Imagine us getting a good quality center and keeping Marion, that would be great.

Im not saying give them to the first team that offers any center, it would have to be a quality center.

Freddy Calhoun
07-10-2008, 12:13 PM
In the form of James Jones...they are the same player....this is a big move, if we can pull it off.

Freddy Calhoun
07-10-2008, 12:14 PM
And Haslem is untouchable....He does to many things for us...

Master Mind
07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree with most of what you've written. I believe most people here place too much value on Wright, Cook, and Haslem. Wright has not shown me anything in his career for me to expect much from him as a future starter. I love Haslem, and would be sad to see him leave. Cook has alot of potential, and I would like to have him here. But the thing is, they are all backups. If we could use them to get a good quality center, we should jump at it. Imagine us getting a good quality center and keeping Marion, that would be great.

Im not saying give them to the first team that offers any center, it would have to be a quality center.

You would have thought Wright was a 3 time all-star or something the way some people in here value him...I'll give Cook the benefit of the doubt it's just his 2nd year but that don't mean he's untouchable. If the right deal were to present itself i'd ship them with no hesitation...Haslem on the other hand is not gonna get any better but he's not gonna stop working hard, i'd be a bit skeptical about dealing him away only cause he works hard but eventually i'd do it if it gives us an upgrade...

Master Mind
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
And Haslem is untouchable....He does to many things for us...

:eyebrow:

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Wright is a great guy and when given the opportunity in this faster paced offense he will shine. I'm willing to put anything on it. He had a few games this year where he put up monster numbers when given the opportunity. Check his stats for February of this year. Those are the numbers he would put up consistently when given the opportunity. Wade loves him and Wright wants to be here. I believe he will get his opportunity w/ Spoelstra at the helm, if he is retained. If not he'll shine somewhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBkcKKwib4w&feature=related

jrodmesche
07-10-2008, 02:17 PM

if we trade banks then we would have chris quinn subbing for chalmers which would be terrible haslem plus wright or cook would be better