PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap Question?

KKell2507
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
according to hoopshype.com the salaries link it says that the sixers are at about 34.6 mil in team salary right now for 2008-2009 and that includes carney and booth still. i assume that is about correct. so i am wondering if the salary cap is projected to be at around 59 mil then how do we only have around 14-15 mil to spend after the carney trade? if 59 mil is the cap and we are only at about 32 mil so far then how does that add up to only 14-15 mil? seems to me that we would have about 27 mil to spend on free agents? what am i missing?

are people already accounting for iggy and lou? cause i thought we could sign them no matter how far over the cap we were? so why arent we allowed to spend all 27 mil on other free agents then sign iggy and lou after that?

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
No we only have 15 mil approx which is what we are using for Brand... we may have a little left but not enough for anyone great

Westbrook36
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Cheap Cheap Cheap Shooter? Anyone have someone in Mind. I mean REALLY Cheap.

KKell2507
07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
how about JJ redick? hed come cheap and well hes only in the league still cause he can shoot...

FNM BOY
07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
SERIOUS SALARY CAP QUESTION...... Now that we have landed Brand do you guys think we have enough to make another trade for a legitimate SG.

The trade from Minnesota gave us 2.8 million in a future trade exception.

Also today the NBA will set the new salary cap.

So if we are under the cap, will have enough $$$ to make another offseason trade or signing...Quinton Ross would be an excellent pick up....if not try to dump Green and our 2.8 trace exception from Minny in a trade....can someone please enlighten me on this....how the money we obtain from Minny and a raise in the cap may help us???

McPeak92
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
according to hoopshype.com the salaries link it says that the sixers are at about 34.6 mil in team salary right now for 2008-2009 and that includes carney and booth still. i assume that is about correct. so i am wondering if the salary cap is projected to be at around 59 mil then how do we only have around 14-15 mil to spend after the carney trade? if 59 mil is the cap and we are only at about 32 mil so far then how does that add up to only 14-15 mil? seems to me that we would have about 27 mil to spend on free agents? what am i missing?

are people already accounting for iggy and lou? cause i thought we could sign them no matter how far over the cap we were? so why arent we allowed to spend all 27 mil on other free agents then sign iggy and lou after that?

yes they each have a cap hold worth aprox. 8 and 4 respectively. if we wanted the 12 mil we could have it but that would be the end of Iguodala and Williams.

JtBiV_BiRdZ
07-09-2008, 02:08 PM
keith Bogans is a cheap shooter, as well as Matt Carroll, with Adam M coming back, might not be enough room for him to stay.

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
SERIOUS SALARY CAP QUESTION...... Now that we have landed Brand do you guys think we have enough to make another trade for a legitimate SG.

The trade from Minnesota gave us 2.8 million in a future trade exception.

Also today the NBA will set the new salary cap.

So if we are under the cap, will have enough $$$ to make another offseason trade or signing...Quinton Ross would be an excellent pick up....if not try to dump Green and our 2.8 trace exception from Minny in a trade....can someone please enlighten me on this....how the money we obtain from Minny and a raise in the cap may help us???

The money we obtained from Minny was already used. We were able to increase our offer to Brand, which is what nabbed him. We currently have about... $0.00 to spend on FA, except for the bi-annual exception, which is about $1.9 million. Of course we could send Green and the trade exception for someone making around the midlevel exception... but what are the odds?

sixer20
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Did we use our mle already? Was that part of Brand's deal or what?

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Since we were under the cap when FA hit, we did not recieve a Mid-Level Exception this year. We do have the Bi-Annual Exception, since we did not use it last year.

sixer20
07-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the information, that really stinks!!!

Knowledge215
07-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Eddie House....

SPORTS_MVP_215
07-10-2008, 12:09 AM
The money we obtained from Minny was already used. We were able to increase our offer to Brand, which is what nabbed him. We currently have about... $0.00 to spend on FA, except for the bi-annual exception, which is about $1.9 million. Of course we could send Green and the trade exception for someone making around the midlevel exception... but what are the odds?

:mad:Yo if you don't know what you are talking about please dont post!:mad::confused: that is not true the first guy was right?....first of all the reason to trade those players gave us "instant cap relief" totally about 2.7 million so the trade exception was give in the trade because it was within 20% of the two player salaries Know the rules man!..how in the world did we use our "TRADE" exception in signing a free agent:confused::rolleyes::clap:...lol!..some people post just to post I see.....yes we do have 2.8 to spend that we can use before it expires..no we can't use it on a free agent but we can use it in a sign and trade!...listen.....what you are forgetting is we also traded for a "2.8 Million dollar exception". we can't use it to sign a player but we can use it in a trade. So we have options. maybe a team that looking to move a player to free up money or pair it with a guy like evans or green (who nobody wants)..basically totaling 6-8 mil and trade it for a player in that price range with an extensive contract....this is the most likely option...along with them signing jamont jordan, carroll, and ibezedikei from our summer league team....so I would think the would move reggie evans and the trade exception of 2.8 for a shooter! so do your homework and look at playerts that's in the 6-8 mil range..he also can be a free agent and do a sign and trade!...something for you guys to think about!

SPORTS_MVP_215
07-10-2008, 12:13 AM

you are missing the qualifying offers made to iggy and lou ,and also the projected salary of speights, all this is factored in.

SPORTS_MVP_215
07-10-2008, 12:15 AM

teams who are under the cap don't get one..it's either or!

stevedusps
07-10-2008, 12:11 PM
The trade exception is just like a player, you must renounce it to get cap space for it. That trade exception is out the window, we have to make a trade .