PDA

View Full Version : 2008 All-Star bonuses

phlp_bj
07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
$125,000 Roy Halladay, Toronto

$100,000 Cliff Lee, Cleveland.

$75,000 Ryan Dempster, Chicago Cubs; Kosuke Fukudome, Chicago Cubs; Aramis Ramirez, Chicago Cubs; Manny Ramirez, Boston; Grady Sizemore, Cleveland; Kerry Wood, Chicago Cubs; Carlos Zambrano, Chicago Cubs.

$50,000 Milton Bradley, Texas; Ryan Braun, Milwaukee; J.D. Drew, Boston; Justin Duchscherer, Oakland; Carlos Guillen, Detroit; Dan Haren, Arizona; Ian Kinsler, Texas; Brad Lidge, Philadelphia; David Ortiz, Boston; Ben Sheets, Milwaukee; Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle; Miguel Tejada, Houston; Chase Utley, Philadelphia; Jason Varitek, Boston; Kevin Youkilis, Boston; Michael Young, Texas.

$25,000 Lance Berkman, Houston; Aaron Cook, Colorado; Adrian Gonzalez, San Diego; Matt Holliday, Colorado; Scott Kazmir, Tampa Bay; Joe Mauer, Minnesota; Justin Morneau, Minnesota; Joe Nathan, Minnesota; Jonathan Papelbon, Boston; Albert Pujols, St. Louis; Ervin Santana, Los Angeles Angels; Joe Saunders, Los Angeles Angels; Billy Wagner, N.Y. Mets.

$15,000 Joe Crede, Chicago White Sox.

$10,000 Josh Hamilton, Texas; Ryan Ludwick, St. Louis; Dioner Navarro, Tampa Bay.

None Cristian Guzman, Washington; Derek Jeter, N.Y. Yankees; Chipper Jones, Atlanta; Tim Lincecum, San Francisco; Russell Martin, Los Angeles Dodgers; Brian McCann, Atlanta; Nate McLouth, Pittsburgh; Dustin Pedroia, Boston; Carlos Quentin, Chicago White Sox; Hanley Ramirez, Florida; Mariano Rivera, N.Y. Yankees; Alex Rodriguez, N.Y. Yankees; Francisco Rodriguez, Los Angeles Angels; George Sherrill, Baltimore; Joakim Soria, Kansas City; Alfonso Soriano, Chicago Cubs; Geovany Soto, Chicago Cubs; Dan Uggla, Florida; Edinson Volquez, Cincinnati; Brandon Webb, Arizona; Brian Wilson, San Francisco.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-all-starbonuslist&prov=ap&type=lgns

KingWario
07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
is there a reason why alot of these arent getting any bonuses and a guy like halladay is getting so damn much? he's not having that good of a season to be getting that much more of a bonus does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

hizpcstr
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
is there a reason why alot of these arent getting any bonuses and a guy like halladay is getting so damn much? he's not having that good of a season to be getting that much more of a bonus does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

It is in the player's contract.

Tragedy
07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
It's good to know these guys will be able to put food on the table for one extra week.

JAYZFAN9
07-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Better check the stats kid. ( look past w-l plz)

KingWario
07-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Better check the stats kid. ( look past w-l plz)

first of all buddy i never look at W-L when critizing a pitcher because its not a pitching stat its a team stat and second of all i said that because there are quite a few other pitchers having a better season than him and they aren't getting that!

for example: lee, lincecum, duchscherer, volquez....

JAYZFAN9
07-08-2008, 08:18 PM
first of all buddy i never look at W-L when critizing a pitcher because its not a pitching stat its a team stat and second of all i said that because there are quite a few other pitchers having a better season than him and they aren't getting that!

for example: lee, lincecum, duchscherer, volquez....

I myself was quite surprised to see that Doc was at the top of the list too, but to say he doesnt deserve it is ludacrous(sp). He is 10X more established then any of the guys you mentioned there and is having a hell of a season

KingWario
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I myself was quite surprised to see that Doc was at the top of the list too, but to say he doesnt deserve it is ludacrous(sp). He is 10X more established then any of the guys you mentioned there and is having a hell of a season

he is having a great season but i just don't get why he gets more than everyone else does when there are players having better seasons than him and not just pitchers ya know?

Shtick
07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
he is having a great season but i just don't get why he gets more than everyone else does when there are players having better seasons than him and not just pitchers ya know?

Because it's an incentive in his contract. All players have different incentives in their contracts. Ex:More money for CY Young Votes/MVP Votes

yaowowrocket11
07-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Now everyone knows why Varitek won't just drop out of the game to give his spot to someone else. Why give away $50,000 just to be a part of the game?