PDA

View Full Version : Magic get the Starting SG, not named Maggette

lavell12
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080708/SPORTS/80708058/1002/SPORTS

good pickup, i guess these means jj is gone.

ManRam
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Solid pick up. Hopefully it isn't for the entire MLE, although, I have a feeling it may be. We still need a back up PG, and could use a PF/C.

And I agree, I think this means Redick and or Bogans are gone, and I wont cry about that.

I'm not sure what to expect from Pietrus. Last year he shot 44%, but the year before he shot 49%. I think if he gets 25-30 minutes a game, he'll be an upgrade over Evans and Bogans for sure. He's big too, a natural SF, but athletic enough to play the 2.

bmac650
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
i loved mickael...nelson didnt play him at all though...this guy can rebound...hit the corner 3...defend really well...and will have his share in highlight dunks. good pickup

sNaKeS
07-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Definitely a great pickup, magic have what it takes now to be the 1st or 2nd team in the east. Great addition to the team.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Good Job Otis you did your Homework. I gonna be excited to see him in the Magic Uniform. Looks like we got some trade bait.

ManRam
07-08-2008, 08:25 PM
He's growing on me. I think his defense will help us out a lot. We don't really need offense, considering we were the highest scoring team in the East. We need perimeter defense, and he is a defense-first player, who is very athletic, and can hit the open shots. He is a good fit for the team. Certainly not a better player than Maggette, but he may be the better fit.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 08:26 PM
What do u think Rezzy, are u mad that JJ might be on the move.
We seriously need a pack up PG and another big. Looks like the Magic are doing the same thing they did to Darko to Dooling. If the Sixers get Brand, why not get one of their bigs.

They have a rookie in Speights and have Evans who the Magic wanted from the Nuggets before.

Reezy
07-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Now only a matter of time before we make a trade similar to the Corey Maggette going to the Clippers one.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Now only a matter of time before we make a trade similar to the Corey Maggette going to the Clippers one.
lol

Reezy
07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
lol
Seriously, I mean what did we get out of that trade anyway?

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
^ I don't even know.

ManRam
07-08-2008, 08:45 PM

I assume you are talking about the possibility that JJ gets traded now. I know you are a Redick believer, and I agree that Maggette trade was bad, but Redick is worth less to our team than he is to other teams. He has no role on our team at all. Pietrus is better than Redick, especially because he plays defense. Redick can't play defense, and he can shoot threes...which is the last combination of abilities that we need.

Redick needs to get traded. Who knows what we can get for him, but anything is better than nothing...and I don't see Redick turning out like Maggette did.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
^ True,True.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Gortat and Cook aren't gonna get it done though and i doubt that Jameer is gonna play 48 minutes a game for 82 games.

mays217
07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
i loved mickael...nelson didnt play him at all though...this guy can rebound...hit the corner 3...defend really well...and will have his share in highlight dunks. good pickup

dude, where have you been? I've been waiting for another Warriors fan to say he loved Petey. Sad to see him go. Wasn't played enough in Golden State. Could really thrive in Orlando with Howard.

The Melky Way
07-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I really like the move because he is an upgrade over what we have had in that position and provides a good defensive presence.

I am hoping that this doesn't signal the end of Dooling in Orlando because we need him back for next season.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I think it already did. He takes almost all the MLE

ManRam
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Gortat and Cook aren't gonna get it done though and i doubt that Jameer is gonna play 48 minutes a game for 82 games.

Agreed. Gortat has really struggled these last two days. I know it's just summer ball, but still. We need another big, even with a healthy Battie.

We still have two needs, backup PG, and a big bench player, and not much money to spend at all.

I'm curious to see how Otis deals with it. You gotta believe that a SG will be leaving, whether it's Bogans or Redick.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Im glad though that Duhon went to NY. I rather have Peitruis over him anyday.

What happened to your Mamba sig.

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Maggette is off the market too now heading to GS. I pretty sure they offered him 50mill for 5 years. So he got what he wanted.

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Solid pickup.

LeonFSU
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
He's growing on me. I think his defense will help us out a lot. We don't really need offense, considering we were the highest scoring team in the East. We need perimeter defense, and he is a defense-first player, who is very athletic, and can hit the open shots. He is a good fit for the team. Certainly not a better player than Maggette, but he may be the better fit.

If the Magic didn't really need offense from the SG spot, why didn't Otis ever give Ariza a real chance to play SG? I know Ariza couldn't even hit open shots, but if the Magic are really giving Pietrus almost the entire MLE, I think I'd rather they have resigned Dooling. I dunno, I was a big fan of Ariza's when he was in Orlando, just thought they should have given him a better chance.

ozzyalcala
07-09-2008, 12:40 AM
i cant belive you guys are so exicted----

pietries 101=

-he can somewaht rebound
-he can shot the three( not consistently)
-he is as dumb as a log (basketball iq)
-will have the most turnovers on your team by far
-not a good passer
-however , i thiink he will complement howard well

*Superman*
07-09-2008, 01:24 AM
I always used to think that GS loved him. Whatever, i am watching a couple of his mixes on youtube to boost my confidence in him. He seems to fall a lot for some reason. He gets to the rim a lot which is good because we needed a slasher bad. Kid looks good to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T0adZayUEM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq551R0pS4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_qJOhFmDoE&feature=related

atomik102
07-09-2008, 03:31 AM
good pick up, bogans and jj are out,i really think otis didnt bogans to stay with us so if we can trade both and if dooling is still a fa then we could use the money to sign dooling whoooo,we have 5 bigs howard,battie,gortat,cook,and augstine, so signing a big man is just a waste unless its a decent back up

LakerzDQ
07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
good signing by the magics.
I see them improving even more next season.