PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Walsh asking for 1 thing in trade discussions....

Giaps
07-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Draft picks.

According to Andrew Marchand (ESPN 1050), Walsh is trying to get future draft picks in any trade involving the Knicks. He said because Isiah left the team without a first round pick in 2010, he would like to acquire more picks, even 2nd rounders, to show free agents that they will improve in the future.

This isn't word for word and I heard it in my car like 2 hours ago so I tried to remember as best I could. I'm very happy to know that Walsh will try to get us picks for 09,10 and beyond.

GiantYankKnicks
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Nice.We really need a 2010 First Rounder seeing as Isiah traded it.another 2009 First would be great also.i just hope we come away with our future PG next year.

Giaps
07-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Nice.We really need a 2010 First Rounder seeing as Isiah traded it.another 2009 First would be great also.i just hope we come away with our future PG next year.

If we can get another 1st rounder next year and our own pick is a top 10, I'd love to package them together to move up to draft that future PG. Do whatever it takes because next year is the last year to show we will be a good team in the future.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 06:47 PM
walsh knows what the hell he's doing,scott layden and isiah thomas destroyed this team giving all our draft picks away now it's time we get em back to help build a championship team.

GiantYankKnicks
07-08-2008, 06:49 PM
If we can get another 1st rounder next year and our own pick is a top 10, I'd love to package them together to move up to draft that future PG. Do whatever it takes because next year is the last year to show we will be a good team in the future.

Agreed.I would love to move up if we have to 2 grab Jennings or Rubio.Derozan would be amazing to get aswell.I read Rubio might not enter the 2009 draft and wait till 2010 which is a bummer but Jennings/Derozan would be great.We need to have a very high potential team in order to make FA wanna come like you said.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Why didnt Walsh just buy #27 this year?

Heck he can buy many 2nd round picks most years. They arent in high demand usually

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Until he DOES what we HEAR then I'll be happy with him.

uapeople
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Heck he can buy many 2nd round picks most years. They arent in high demand usually

i thought he should have bought one too!

but picks picks picks!!!!!!:clap:

Giaps
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Yeah, that's one thing I will never get over. The Spurs sent out an e-mail saying their pick was available. Walsh should have done the same saying, if you have picks for sale, I am your guy!

gotham
07-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Talk is cheap

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-08-2008, 07:02 PM
CDR, Deandre, and Mario ... Damn we should of bought a late first rounder or a early 2nd rounder. I rather have Mario and see how he develops then signing Duhon for a MLE, we could of saved that MLE for a center or w\e we need.

Giaps
07-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Speaking of draft picks, Mario Chalmers (#34 pick we could have gotten) is playing great for Miami in Summer League.

In 2 wins for Miami:
11 points, 6 assists, 4 steals vs Derrick Rose (10 points, 4 assists, 5 turnovers)
19 points, 9 assists, 3 steals vs New Jersey

A point guard for the taking and we missed it.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Speaking of draft picks, Mario Chalmers (#34 pick we could have gotten) is playing great for Miami in Summer League.

In 2 wins for Miami:
11 points, 6 assists, 4 steals vs Derrick Rose (10 points, 4 assists, 5 turnovers)

A PG that ESPN said Walsh tried to get by trading for #15.....UGH draft night made no sense outside of Danilo!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 07:05 PM
CDR, Deandre, and Mario ... Damn we should of bought a late first rounder or a early 2nd rounder. I rather have Mario and see how he develops then signing Duhon for a MLE, we could of saved that MLE for a center or w\e we need.

agreed i think chalmers is going to be the sleeper in this draft to bad riley got him in miami.

Giaps
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
A PG that ESPN said Walsh tried to get by trading for #15.....UGH draft night made no sense outside of Danilo!

That's where that #27 pick comes in. Just pay double for it, I mean who cares really! It doesn't hurt the cap!

Walsh needs to take on a more Kevin Pritchard approach to draft night (Portland GM).

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
That's where that #27 pick comes in. Just pay double for it, I mean who cares really! It doesn't hurt the cap!

Walsh needs to take on a more Kevin Pritchard approach to draft night (Portland GM).

You might mean #26 (Spurs).

#27 was gone days before so that I understand but if Walsh was willing to trade all the way to #15 to get Mario why couldnt we get him before he was drafted at #34? And then he was actually traded to Miami from Minny I believe.

I liked Walshs pick of Danilo but it seems he missed a lot of chances to get Mario if he really wanted him. UGHHHH we even spoke about getting him on draft night before the 2nd round began!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
it seems like walsh has a one track mine,westbrook is the only pg he wanted and if he didn't get him he didn't want nobody else the same with duhon the old man is stuck in his ways.

Giaps
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I wonder how he feels about Chandler. I know he likes him because he was visibly upset when he got hurt at the end of last year. I'm hoping he becomes a Danny Granger type guy or at least a poor man's version of him. Walsh would know if there is anything similar about them and he even brought up the game they went up against eachother while he was still in Indy.

GiantYankKnicks
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I think Super Mario at best is a Rondo like player.He will look good with Beasley and Wade but if they get injured he wont look that great.His defense is very good but hes limited offensevly.

GiantYankKnicks
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I wonder how he feels about Chandler. I know he likes him because he was visibly upset when he got hurt at the end of last year. I'm hoping he becomes a Danny Granger type guy or at least a poor man's version of him. Walsh would know if there is anything similar about them and he even brought up the game they went up against eachother while he was still in Indy.

Im hoping for him to be like Granger also.Him and Gallinari will have the SF and PF postions locked up for a long time.

KnickVeteran
07-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Sly, do you think Walsh is really shopping Crawford? I'm starting to think that he's going to hang onto Marbury to let his contract run out. I'm all for dealing him if we get assets back, but I have a strong feeling crawford is being shopped. As much as I rag on his defense, I hope Donnie thoroughly think about moving crawford because he's still a good player. Never thought Crawford will go before Marbury. Truthfully, it wouldn't be the right PR move.

SAVETHEKNICKS1
07-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah this makes sense bc u cant go into a draft not having a pick. That would make everyone sick. It doesnt even matter what pick it is or what we end up doing with it.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Sly, do you think Walsh is really shopping Crawford? I'm starting to think that he's going to hang onto Marbury to let his contract run out. I'm all for dealing him if we get assets back, but I have a strong feeling crawford is being shopped. As much as I rag on his defense, I hope Donnie thoroughly think about moving crawford because he's still a good player. Never thought Crawford will go before Marbury. Truthfully, it wouldn't be the right PR move.

I think when your team wins 23 games every player is available for the right price. I think Jcraw coming of a fairly strong year might be asked about by other teams but no I dont think Walsh is making a concerted effort to shop Jcraw. The papers may bring his name up with Curry because they are 2 of our few guys with contracts that run past 2010 who actually have some trade value. I would bet Mike D likes what he sees in Jcraw. If somebody makes a good offer though Walsh should and will listen.

I know you are a Marbury fan but I honestly do not think he will be on the team as a player. Maybe just on the roster and as a DNP ala Penny and Francis.

I think Walsh will wait till the last second to make a Marbury decision hoping to find a trade and keeping him as an insurance policy against injury. A trade is very unlikely though. Philly just had to trade a #1 pick to clear 2 mill in cap room. What could we ever give up to clear 22 mill in cap room? Also times are tough. Very few owners just want to throw away 22 mill on a non superstar player. Even Dolan might be worried about selling that to the shareholders.

Now keep in mind this is all just my opinion. I dont have any inside information or insight. :)

still a fan
07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
The only way Craw is gone is because of the need to package him in with either curry or Zach.
I would be dissappointed to see both Curry and Craw leave before they get the chance to play for Mike.

Of course the rumors recently of Craw and Zach for Harrington and possible #1 pick is always enticing, and I think that is the only way we lose Craw, is for the future, getting someone like Harrington and getting picks.

You know you have to feel for Donnie, he was put in a very tough position, and march's to his own drum.

As Sly stated when you win 23 games there is not one player who is not tradeable!!!

lionheartc
07-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Agree we could of sent money for another draft pick this year. If the bobcats could do it we can do it.

The only way i see us getting draft picks in any trade, is if we take back a bad contract or from a team that are already contenders or a combination of both.

Walsh is a smart guy so he must have a ace up his sleeve

KnickVeteran
07-08-2008, 08:13 PM
After the draft, I lost a lot of faith in Walsh.

still a fan
07-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Knicks summer league hasn't started yet so its a bit premature to judge him at this point. Heck it might take till 2010 to see his full affect!!

I do hope he has something up his sleeve thoug!!

GiantYankKnicks
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I dont know how u can lose faith in Donnie already.He has a bunch of crap on the roster that he has to get rid of and its gonna take time.

KnicksFan4Years
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Donnie said in an interview, after the draft, that he tried to get Chalmers but no deal materialized. That means teams were unwilling to draft him and trade him to us. That means they were probably asking for too much in any deal.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Donnie said in an interview, after the draft, that he tried to get Chalmers but no deal materialized. That means teams were unwilling to draft him and trade him to us. That means they were probably asking for too much in any deal.

What did Miami trade for him?

GiantYankKnicks
07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
What did Miami trade for him?

Two or Three future 2nd rounders and cash i think

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Two or Three future 2nd rounders and cash i think

If Walsh really wanted him at #15 than 2 second rounders and cash sounds like a cheaper deal. 2nd rounders in the nba are easy to come by often

GOODLUCKDONNIE
07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
thats good to hear, but im willing to give up a '10 pick (if we can get it, and our 09' pick, depending on our lottery spot) for an 09' pick and get RICKY RUBIO. the dude is sick

KnicksFan4Years
07-08-2008, 08:53 PM
If Walsh really wanted him at #15 than 2 second rounders and cash sounds like a cheaper deal. 2nd rounders in the nba are easy to come by often

The problem is that Isiah, you remember him, traded away our 2009 2nd rounder, so 2010 2nd rounder would be the earliest we could trade.

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I like the Walsh is thinking with trying to acquire these draft picks. If he really tried to acquire some on draft night and just couldn't due to teams unwilling to trade with the knicks or sell them, then I guess there can't be too much blame put on him. But I can't imagine that it would be very hard to just buy one....

rabzouz 96
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Walsh is a smart guy so he must have a ace up his sleeve

why, what did he do or achieve here to make u believe hes smart, and that he has a ace up his sleeve

Giant G
07-08-2008, 11:42 PM

In 2 wins for Miami:

Have to agree with you here. I have not heard one good reason they didn't buy a pick. Chalmers was worth a throw just kick Mardy to the curb for roster space.

MOHA
07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
I see Good Things Ahead For Our Team. GO KNICKS.

th2damax
07-09-2008, 12:03 AM
walsh knows what the hell he's doing,scott layden and isiah thomas destroyed this team giving all our draft picks away now it's time we get em back to help build a championship team.

Isiah gave them away because we needed to get better now! Why? Because the fans have no patience! But he also got them back and would have been working to get them back in the future as Walsh is.

Isiah has laid the foundation for what we could become. There is a lot of talent here! All we need is a good year where we play together and everyones trade value goes up!

Let me stop defending Isiah!!! LOL! ... because he failed ...but you guyz keep acting like it was just him. It wasn't it was the whole Knicks organization who failed to create a winning environment so the players could thrive. ... and the players gave up!!

But a large chunk of that just has to fall on Isiah!
But he never should have been forced to wear all those hats!!!

th2damax
07-09-2008, 12:10 AM

I'm kinda upset at spending the whole MLE on Duhon too!

I watched a game on tape that chicago played us last year and just like I thought I see Duhon do NOTHING. He is not impressive AT ALL. What does Walsh see in this guy!

I'm trying to be positive and say well at least we got our first priority... and hope that Walsh knows something I don't.

I'm really scared of this Duhon move!

I don't even think he got that many minutes with the Bulls and yet we are offering him the starting job?? what are you kidding me???

Sports Illustrator
07-09-2008, 12:33 AM
There have been so many rumors circulating around, and most likely many of these rumors either don't happen or are false.

Either way, at this point we should be looking into making big deals. Aqcuiring future picks is good but I think we need to strive for more than just picks. We need to look into trying to improve this team, figure out what to do with Marbury and try unloading Zach Randolph.

KnickVeteran
07-09-2008, 12:39 AM
There have been so many rumors circulating around, and most likely many of these rumors either don't happen or are false.

Either way, at this point we should be looking into making big deals. Aqcuiring future picks is good but I think we need to strive for more than just picks. We need to look into trying to improve this team, figure out what to do with Marbury and try unloading Zach Randolph.

I agree with trying to improve this team. I'm tired of watching this Freshman H.S. Basketball team. Those are the games that you hate to go to. Knicks remind me of that type of team. Knicks really need to improve their frontline now. How many more years are we going to give Eddy Curry to improve his game. He's been in the league for 7 years already. His poor defensive play got to the point where I'd welcome Kwame Brown to the knicks. That's unrealistic now since we gave Duhon the whole mid level. Knicks need frontcourt help bad especially out of that Center spot. I'm not confident that Curry can provide the defensive lift for this team to win games.

javaid64
07-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Zach value is higher than we actually think (few weeks ago Chicago offered Hinrich and Gooden for him) Right now we have to find a shot blocking player. The only one that comes to mind who might be available is Ben Wallace. i think they would do it but are scared of the fact the knicks could get a chance at Lebron if this falls through.

Right now Randolph could give the Clippers some need so trade him there. i guessing Randolph for Mobley, Thomas and future picks. That is a perfect trade

KnickVeteran
07-09-2008, 01:03 AM
We need a shot blocker out of the center spot. Why do we give Curry a pass? Trade him.

Weezy
07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Curry is our only big fella, so I will give him one more year. If he doesnt improve then trade him. If we plays well, we can trade him and get even more before Febs deadline! I think thats what Walsh really wants to do first. Lets try to get these values up first.

Marbury and Zach are the first trades that should be thought about this summer. The rest we can think about as the season progresses.

D-Leethal
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
We need a shot blocker out of the center spot. Why do we give Curry a pass? Trade him.

You do not need a shotblocking center to have a great team. There are good defensive team who get there blocks at other positions (shotblocking is the most overrated stat anyway, 9 times out of 10 it results in another possession for the other team). I agree everyone in the frontline needs to contest shots, but Zach is much worse than Curry at that IMO. You seem to think there is only one way to build a team.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
You do not need a shotblocking center to have a great team. There are good defensive team who get there blocks at other positions (shotblocking is the most overrated stat anyway, 9 times out of 10 it results in another possession for the other team). I agree everyone in the frontline needs to contest shots, but Zach is much worse than Curry at that IMO. You seem to think there is only one way to build a team.

I like the excitement of shot blocking but you are very right. Its way over rated. Good defense is so much more important than shot blocking. Some of the worst teams in the nba year after year are some of the best in shot blocking.

Didnt the Celtics just win a championship with a 6 ppg-6rpg-1bpg starter at center in 2008?

Didnt the Spurs win the championship the year before with a 5ppg-5rpg-1bpg guy starting at center in 2007?

Seems to me that Curry's shotblocking is not our only stumbling block in winning a title.

still a fan
07-09-2008, 12:04 PM
^^Agreed! Defensive position is more important, and forcing teams to take unwanted shots instead of dunks.
I would much rather see Curry work on the P&R defense he so doesn not understand!!!
He might since he will now use it in practice constantly!!

D-Leethal
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
^^Agreed! Defensive position is more important, and forcing teams to take unwanted shots instead of dunks.
I would much rather see Curry work on the P&R defense he so doesn not understand!!!
He might since he will now use it in practice constantly!!

Yea and that is why I'm excited about Mike D. The pick & roll is the most deadly play in basketball when utilized properly. Like Sly said previously, Mike D is going to teach Curry how to devastate teams with the P & R and in the process teach Curry how to NOT get devestated by other teams running the P & R.

29$JerZ
07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree, Pick and Roll really hurt us for the past few years. then again, we have been playing without a playbook since Isiah ruled us so I'm excited to see what good Mike ca do for us.

It still wouldn't hurt to have at least 1 shot blocker in the front court. We don't have a very good overall team defense to cover each others weakness so having at least 1 reliable guy wouldn't hurt.

MSG34
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I like the excitement of shot blocking but you are very right. Its way over rated. Good defense is so much more important than shot blocking. Some of the worst teams in the nba year after year are some of the best in shot blocking.

Didnt the Celtics just win a championship with a 6 ppg-6rpg-1bpg starter at center in 2008?

Didnt the Spurs win the championship the year before with a 5ppg-5rpg-1bpg guy starting at center in 2007?

Seems to me that Curry's shotblocking is not our only stumbling block in winning a title.

I'd say Garnett and Duncan are pretty good shot blockers at PF

stoopboy45
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM

GUYS!!!! I believe you HAVE to be UNDER the salary cap in order to BUY picks!!!! That is why we could not do it!!!!!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Yea and that is why I'm excited about Mike D. The pick & roll is the most deadly play in basketball when utilized properly. Like Sly said previously, Mike D is going to teach Curry how to devastate teams with the P & R and in the process teach Curry how to NOT get devestated by other teams running the P & R.

I think that is a huge key. Mike D is great running the pick and roll. How could our team ever learn to defend the pick and roll if we probably never practiced running it ourselves? Learning how to run it and practicing it will also teach us how to defend it better.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
GUYS!!!! I believe you HAVE to be UNDER the salary cap in order to BUY picks!!!! That is why we could not do it!!!!!

I've never heard that. We would be giving money not taking money besides cash considerations does not count against the salary cap. It is not a salary. If I'm wrong I apologize. Please link to the cba rule that says that if you can find it.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd say Garnett and Duncan are pretty good shot blockers at PF

Exactly they are at PF not Center. That is kind of the point. Most the best rebounders are PF's not Centers as well. :)

stoopboy45
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Exactly they are at PF not Center. That is kind of the point. Most the best rebounders are PF's not Centers as well. :)

Great point Sly.....The game is not the same as it was 20 yrs. ago. The game has evolved!!! It used to be that you center was your best rebounder....mainly because he was the biggest guy on the floor. This is no longer the case.

As for my point regarding buying picks and needing to be under the cap. I was told that by a friend who is really into it. If i can find the rules I post.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Great point Sly.....The game is not the same as it was 20 yrs. ago. The game has evolved!!! It used to be that you center was your best rebounder....mainly because he was the biggest guy on the floor. This is no longer the case.

As for my point regarding buying picks and needing to be under the cap. I was told that by a friend who is really into it. If i can find the rules I post.

Let me know what you find out. I'm not sure what the rule is but I dont think cash considerations play a role in trades via the salary cap. In fact I believe we have included cash in multiple trades the last 4-5 years but I could be mistaken. :)

MSG34
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM

That's true but my point is these teams still have legit shot blockers

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 02:39 PM
That's true but my point is these teams still have legit shot blockers

Its nice to have but I think we were debating how large a role it plays in having your Center being a shot blocker via championships not any player on the team. Utah for example is a pretty good team. Neither Okur nor Boozer are shot blocking bigs but AK47 gets his share from sf.

The Spurs have Duncan but are not a good shot blocking team. Meanwhile many good shot blocking teams have poor records.

cheetos185
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
look at camby he's one of the top shotblockers and he's playing melo but where did that get his team??? Shot blocking is over rated ... we need to improve our perimeter defense ... most ppl blame curry but cause our guards can't guard the perimeter it allows other players to take advantage on curry ... u can't expect curry to guard 3-4 players from the opposing team. How come no one complained about his defense when he played with the bulls lol

MSG34
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Its nice to have but I think we were debating how large a role it plays in having your Center being a shot blocker via championships not any player on the team. Utah for example is a pretty good team. Neither Okur nor Boozer are shot blocking bigs but AK47 gets his share from sf.

The Spurs have Duncan but are not a good shot blocking team. Meanwhile many good shot blocking teams have poor records.

yea i came into the argument a little late but i just wanted to point out that just b/c you don't have a shot blocking Center, you can have a shot blocking PF or maybe even SF and I think it's important but not essential to have an intimidator down there

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
yea i came into the argument a little late but i just wanted to point out that just b/c you don't have a shot blocking Center, you can have a shot blocking PF or maybe even SF and I think it's important but not essential to have an intimidator down there

I think you are basically saying the same exact thing that me and D were trying to explain actually. :)

D-Leethal
07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I could care less about blocks as long as we are contesting layups. I'd rather have the opposing team either have to kick it back out and reset or take a bad shot while driving to the lane than have Eddy block it out of bounds. The problem is more with defensive rotations and chemistry than shot blocking.

KnickVeteran
07-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I've always said knicks need defense...which means contest shots, blocks, perimeter D. pick and roll D...etc....knicks do need a shot blocker whether you like it or not. My position has never changed. Defense is not the only thing that develops a basketball team F-Leethal. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm sorry, cannot agree with any of you. Whoever thinks Curry can function within a team playing defense then you all are crazy. D-Leethal, will Curry's defense improve? yes or no?

MSG34
07-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I've always said knicks need defense...which means contest shots, blocks, perimeter D. pick and roll D...etc....knicks do need a shot blocker whether you like it or not. My position has never changed. Defense is not the only thing that develops a basketball team F-Leethal. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm sorry, cannot agree with any of you. Whoever thinks Curry can function within a team playing defense then you all are crazy. D-Leethal, will Curry's defense improve? yes or no?

Curry did function in a teams defense. The bulls were rated I believe like #4 in team defense with Eddy Curry. Ask Sly what # exactly b/c i remember it was in his sig.

KnickVeteran
07-09-2008, 04:56 PM
key word: Tyshon Chandler

Last season, he looked lost out there on defense. Never made the effort to play defense or contest easy layups. I'm sorry, Curry is a big liablility to the knicks. He can score, but that's where it stops. He cannot rebound, he cannot defend, he has poor basketball awareness on defensive end, not a great offensive rebounder.

Where's Oliver Miller? At least he'll throw someone on the floor when they try to layup the ball.

MSG34
07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
key word: Tyshon Chandler

Last season, he looked lost out there on defense. Never made the effort to play defense or contest easy layups. I'm sorry, Curry is a big liablility to the knicks. He can score, but that's where it stops. He cannot rebound, he cannot defend, he has poor basketball awareness on defensive end, not a great offensive rebounder.

Where's Oliver Miller? At least he'll throw someone on the floor when they try to layup the ball.

I think that Eddy's just a bad help defender and it's not like he couldn't be good either. He actually moves pretty well for a guy his size. Usually the guys Eddy guards aren't that talented offensively b/c there really aren't that many good Centers in the league. However he doesn't rebound and isn't the enforcer he should be down there and I agree with you.

I just think he has the potential (i know i'm tired of "potential" with Eddy as well to be good defensively)

PJAF
07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Don't need a shot blocker. Just some enforcers a la Oakley, Mason, X-man, that will make you pay when you drive the lane.

stoopboy45
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Don't need a shot blocker. Just some enforcers a la Oakley, Mason, X-man, that will make you pay when you drive the lane.

Hard to find those "Old School" type players anymore!!!!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Hard to find those "Old School" type players anymore!!!!

i agree it seem like these kids only care about offense,it's the coaches fault if you don't play d you should be benched.

carlo
07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
look at camby he's one of the top shotblockers and he's playing melo but where did that get his team??? Shot blocking is over rated ... we need to improve our perimeter defense ... most ppl blame curry but cause our guards can't guard the perimeter it allows other players to take advantage on curry ... u can't expect curry to guard 3-4 players from the opposing team. How come no one complained about his defense when he played with the bulls lol

lol ..... no one complained about his defense when he played on the bulls ..... how about his coach Skiles, does he count ?

ari1013
07-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Draft picks.

According to Andrew Marchand (ESPN 1050), Walsh is trying to get future draft picks in any trade involving the Knicks. He said because Isiah left the team without a first round pick in 2010, he would like to acquire more picks, even 2nd rounders, to show free agents that they will improve in the future.

This isn't word for word and I heard it in my car like 2 hours ago so I tried to remember as best I could. I'm very happy to know that Walsh will try to get us picks for 09,10 and beyond.
Excellent. Deal off our talent for expirings and picks. That's the way to improve.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 11:48 PM

Sadly the NBA has made the game much more of a no contact acting league that would punish the guys you named (Oak, Xman, Mason) while rewarding flopping actors like Nocioni, Manu, Varejo, Collins, etc.

still a fan
07-09-2008, 11:51 PM
didn't our Mr Stern say he hates floppers and will fine the guys that flop?

I believe it was during the finals.

Maybe he finally sees value to good old fashion basketball!!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 11:58 PM
didn't our Mr Stern say he hates floppers and will fine the guys that flop?

I believe it was during the finals.

Maybe he finally sees value to good old fashion basketball!!

They discussed fining them the year before as well but didnt do it. Besides fines mean nothing at this level. Only way to stop guys is to make them pay on the court in some manner. I do not like rewarding guys that make a mockery of the game with their acting

still a fan
07-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Stern talks a good story but blames the competition committee-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juy-UvDGKiE

Sly you will love this one LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM&feature=related

SLY WILLIAMS
07-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Stern talks a good story but blames the competition committee-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juy-UvDGKiE

Sly you will love this one LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM&feature=related

That is really kind of ridiculous. The Spurs have some of the biggest floppers in the NBA. Manu, Oberto, Parker, Horry. Just man up and play the game like men. There should be some contact. Its a contact sport.