PDA

View Full Version : Joe Buck Hates Baseball!!

uptown0364
07-08-2008, 05:42 PM
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/07/joe-buck-admits-he-rarely-watches.html

nyyfan4life
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
John Buck sucks at life.

Max Power
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Joe Buck's a tool.

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I personally think he is skilled at his craft, but stuff like this he should keep to himself considering the cheese he is raking in.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
He's a *****. I hate the guy with my life. Just for this call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmqGg6Ccvw

How the hell is that a disgusting act? He did nothing wrong there lmao..

Reezy
07-08-2008, 06:18 PM
He's a *****. I hate the guy with my life. Just for this call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmqGg6Ccvw

How the hell is that a disgusting act? He did nothing wrong there lmao..

Seriously, it's not like he actually mooned them.

Tragedy
07-08-2008, 06:19 PM
LOL!

Buck and McGyver (Yes, that's right, I refer to him as that idiot TV character), the second worst commentating combo (Morgan/Miller).

Dmac
07-08-2008, 06:25 PM
LOL!

Buck and McGyver (Yes, that's right, I refer to him as that idiot TV character), the second worst commentating combo (Morgan/Miller).

I agree with you on that one completely. Buck is an arrogant jack ***, as is Morgan. McCarver is just an idiot. Miller is ok, but he really is a buffone at times and I question his baseball intellegence.

I long for the days when NBC had the game of the week with Vin Scully, and Costas, and Gargiolia (SP?) etc.

Tragedy
07-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Miller is ok, but he really is a buffone at times and I question his baseball intellegence.
Miller is annoying. He feels the need to create new names for every ball player. He can't just say the names EVERYONE else says it. It's not "Youkilis", it's "You-killis". I mean, come on.

natepro
07-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I enjoy Buck. McCarver may've had a stroke a decade ago, and no one really realized it.

Max Power
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Joe Suck should join Thom (the h is for H0m0) Brennaman, the amazingly awful Chip Caray, and the 100's of Alberts out there who should thank the lord everyday for the last names they inhereted.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I hate him.

Baseball man
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Wow this is terrible. He disses Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey! I'm surprised nobody lynched him yet. Also, the Baseball games aren't THAT long. Your average College Football or NFL game is about 3.5-4 hours. I really don't know why he did this. To diss three BIG sports, diss Tennis or Golf or swimming or soccer or one of those "sports" (There not really sports) , but not Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey.

LivingThroughMe
07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Joe Buck is a dip****.

mattz1212
07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Well baseball hates you too Joe Buck.

G2BOAT
07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
**** him then, if he hates it so much just quit than. Why does everybody want to speed up the game? It's stupid Baseball doesn't need to speed up and Baseball doesn't need Joe Buck. Look at all the fans that go to the games, and ratings are up, and everybody buys the merchandise. **** you Joe Buck.

Kruk_N_Kuip
07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
joe buck can go **** himself. keep it to yourself you douche

Burkey3472
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I just hate joe buck, just shut up buck!

BigEric
07-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Who cares?

G2BOAT
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Who cares?

Obviously, everybody that has replied, it really is a stupid comment to make. He wants to be "entertained" when he's watching sports. Fact is keep watching the Bachlorette or a movie or something, that's entertainment. Sports is completely different than entertainment.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
i buckin' hate that guy

CrazyCrackar
07-08-2008, 10:38 PM
I hate Joe Buck with a passion, id rather hit the SAP button on my TV then listen his Boston loving ***.

natepro
07-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I hate Joe Buck with a passion, id rather hit the SAP button on my TV then listen his Boston loving ***.

Wait... I thought he was a Yankees lover?

Or... was that a Cardinals lover?

I always get so confused. :laugh2:

MetsAllTheWay
07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
what an idiot. fire him already just have him sit home so he can not watch sports.

he's acting like baseball is math hw

Joba Rules!!
07-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Wait... I thought he was a Yankees lover?

Hell no

CuseDude87
07-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Moron. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. :pity:

Bernbabybern
07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Joe Buck is a jerk. Always has been. Just because his father was a good baseball commentator doesn't mean he is.

Bearscubs4life
07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I am 99% sure Joe Bucks parents are brother and sister.

Uncle Funster
07-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Joe sinks even lower in stature. I didn't think it possible

iam brett favre
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
:pity:
I hate him more now.

Padres Son
07-09-2008, 04:52 PM
It's just not possible for me to hate Joe Buck more than I already did... so I can't say that this makes me hate him more. I just pray that something bad happens to him or at least to his vocal cords. I dispise this guy more than any other sportscaster I've ever heard.

Also, I'm glad I didn't hear the segment on Colin Cowherd's show... my head might have exploded. I hate Cowherd too.

Here's an excerpt from Colin Cowherd's show from every single day that he broadcasts:

"Football is a man's sport. There's just no denying it. It's the king of sports. I can't get enough football. Everyone loves football. I'm very, very manly. I'm a straight man who loves football.

Baseball is too slow and boring for any real man. It's not nearly as manly of a sport as football. I love football. Football is better than baseball. Football is a better sport for a straight man.

When we come back, we'll talk about how much better football is than basketball. We'll talk about masculine football. We've got a little college football, then some pro football. I'm straight."

Uncle Funster
07-09-2008, 05:13 PM
It's just not possible for me to hate Joe Buck more than I already did... so I can't say that this makes me hate him more. I just pray that something bad happens to him or at least to his vocal cords. I dispise this guy more than any other sportscaster I've ever heard.

Also, I'm glad I didn't hear the segment on Colin Cowherd's show... my head might have exploded. I hate Cowherd too.

Here's an excerpt from Colin Cowherd's show from every single day that he broadcasts:

"Football is a man's sport. There's just no denying it. It's the king of sports. I can't get enough football. Everyone loves football. I'm very, very manly. I'm a straight man who loves football.

Baseball is too slow and boring for any real man. It's not nearly as manly of a sport as football. I love football. Football is better than baseball. Football is a better sport for a straight man.

When we come back, we'll talk about how much better football is than basketball. We'll talk about masculine football. We've got a little college football, then some pro football. I'm straight."

Sounds like he's trying to convince himself he's not queer.

gcoll
07-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah. That's annoying. Give the job to a guy who actually likes the game.

Cowherd (or whatever his name is) is a tool. Padres Son is pretty accurate about the way he is. He's similar to Jim Rome, and any man who drives a big full bed truck, but doesn't actually have a job that would require.....needing a truck. Just douche bags, really.

"I'm manly. You can tell by the way I try and make my voice sound gruff. And I love steak, and football, and manly things."

Sc00py
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Who cares, he is an idiot any ways.

C-ross12
07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh well I hate my job too.

H-MYK
07-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I :pity: Buck.

jmaest
07-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Is there any one worse at calling games than Buck? NO. So does it surprise anyone that he hates it? It shouldn't.

He and McCarver actually make John Sterling and Susan Waldman sound somewhat good at their job and that's downright incredible. It's great when he has to do Cubs or Yankee games and outright cheers for the other team. Isn't it great that Fox has no problems with his bias and complete and utter lack of professionalism?

Can they do us all a favor and replace Buck/McCarver with Rosie Perez and Fran Drescher? There's no possible way they could be more irritating than Buck and Tim "no one but me knows anything about baseball" McCarver.

BurnsinPhilly
07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
When your job is sports annoucer you watch sports over the bacholrette.

DewsSox79
07-10-2008, 02:31 AM
that interview was pathetic. he hates baseball it seems and we know he hates the cubs and wsox...if baseball is so bad stop announcing.

HipSlappyJoe
07-10-2008, 02:45 AM
i wish vin scully could announce everything. best announcer ever.

HipSlappyJoe
07-10-2008, 02:47 AM
he has the greatest job in the world. he watches sports, relays what he sees, and thats it. he watches sporting events for a living. how can u get better than that?

thefeckcampaign
07-10-2008, 08:12 AM
call me crazy but i think you all are taking this a bit too far.

PUGS1688
07-10-2008, 08:58 AM
I never liked Joe Buck or his side kick Tim Mccarver

Yankees213
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
That really doesn't even sound like Joe Buck to me in the interview.
Anyone else agree?
I'm probably just trying to find a way to deny this because I love Joe Buck as an announcer but it really doesn't sound like him to me.

rriders9
07-10-2008, 02:24 PM
why does everybody care so much. i dont care whether this guy likes the game. I thought he always did a bad job so i never watched him anyways

Tkais9009
07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
what a pudd. i woulda thought maybe he woulda learned to respect the game a litle more because of his dad

thefeckcampaign
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
why does everybody care so much. i dont care whether this guy likes the game. I thought he always did a bad job so i never watched him anywaysare you telling me if he is the announcer of the WS you don't watch it?

eyememine
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
First off who else here as actually announced sports? Actually have your voice on the radio or anything? I have and I have to say Joe Buck is quite the master at his craft. He does what he needs to do very well (although it doesn't seem like he has the passion as some do, however as a neutral sports announcer one is not supposed to have too much passion for one team or the other) and he ahs a good and recognizable voice. The fact of the matter is if you (or anyone) has to do one thing all day and that is their job and their life, they would want other ways to escape that (ie The Bacholette (even though that show prob sucks)). Cut the guy some slack he has been around sports and sports casting his whole life and maybe he is a bit tired of it

GottaBelieve
07-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't care what Joe Buck likes.

He sucks whether he loves baseball or not. His knowledge of the game and the teams he covers is appaulingly bad. That's what bothers me.

You cover 1 national game a week Joe. Read up on those 2 teams a little more often.

And stop with the Holiday Inn commercials already. They suck.

dmb
07-12-2008, 01:50 AM
not only do I listen to Pat and Ron on the radio on days Cubs games are on FOX, I even rather watch on standard def WGN (because WGN hasn't given DirecTV HD yet) than listen to Joe Buck run his mouth....

I"m rather sick of how Joe Morgan and Joe Buck always have to ***** on the Cubs telecasts

supermatt1331
07-12-2008, 02:26 AM
ya screw joe buck, hes a no one. makes the most ridiculous comments and acts like his opinion is the be all and end all.

Personally i cant wait until Dan Shulman starts calling the World Series. Shulman is heads and shoulders above all other sportscasters out there today.

I miss the days 10 years ago when blue jays fans were given the delight of being able to have Shulman and Buck Martinez call blue jays games. Those were the days.