PDA

View Full Version : oneal impact

Master P
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
ive have thought of a way to quasi-gauge oneals impact on the raptors this season. im too lazy to do it right now, but here is what im thinking...

you take the box scores from the games the raptors played last year while tj was injured (ie calderon starting). you eliminate rasho's stats and you add in a modest average for oneal (lets say 15 and 8). if it adds to the number of rebounds for the raptors you can take away offensive rebounds from the other team...thus take away the same number of shot attempts and using the teams shooting average that night it is possible to determine that teams new point total. furthermore, you can do the same by taking away two additional shot attempts thanks to oneals blocks...again lowering the other teams average.

for the raptors offense the straight up extra points, also the extra offensive rebounds = increases shot attempts...again using the percentage gives a new point total.

this method should shed some estimation on his impact...wont tell the entire story obviously...but could be exciting if someone does it and suddenly the raptors win like 80 per cent of the games.

snow22
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
i m lazy 2 come on someone do it 4 fun lol

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Lols too much work. I'm so tired right now. If anyone is willing to that then thanks a million. :)

argo
07-08-2008, 06:58 PM
i think o'neal's biggest impact (playing alongside bosh) is going to be on the defensive end, ie: changing/ blocking shots, lane intimidation, smart team defense/ rotations, forcing the other team to take outside shots - thus preventing the other team from driving as much and getting us into foul trouble. these factors are invaluable and can't be measured in stats (aside from blocks of course). all, however, can effect the final score.
hopefully i'm right.