PDA

View Full Version : REPORT:"Red Sox close on Harden and Teixeira"

stevepark0
07-08-2008, 05:03 PM
With David Ortiz's health still somewhat in question, the Red Sox could be in the market for a big bat as a short-term fix. According to the Boston Herald's Tony Massarotti, the Sox are monitoring Braves first baseman Mark Teixeira, who could be dealt at the deadline if Atlanta doesn't get in the playoff hunt. Teixeira, who is represented by agent Scott Boras, is a free agent at the end of the season, and the Red Sox work well with Boras. The Braves would be looking for pitching and the Red Sox farm system is stocked with young pitching. The Braves also wouldnt ask for alot assuming that Teixeira would leave as a free agent at the end of the season. Bowden intrigues the Braves as does (surprisingly) Charlie Zink the Red Sox AAA Knuckleballer who has a mid 80s fastball and a good change and curve.

The Red Sox were also involved in on a possible Sabathia deal, but the brewers made the deal. Now the Red Sox have turned there attention to Rich Harden of the Oakland A's. The A's would ask for alot in return. Masterson, Bowden and lowerie would probably get the deal done but all three of those players are highly regarded in the red sox front office. A deal more along the lines of Bowden, Chris Carter, and Daniel Bard would also get the Deal done.

mantlefan07
07-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Title of this thread is very miss leading. Monitoring TEX and looking at possibly acuiring Harden doesn't exactly mean that they are "close" to getting 1 or both players.

Im certain that they are monitoring alot of possible trade scenerios.

nstachowski
07-08-2008, 05:18 PM
GOD i wish baseball had a set salary cap that was the same for every team....

harborboy
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Title of this thread is very miss leading. Monitoring TEX and looking at possibly acuiring Harden doesn't exactly mean that they are "close" to getting 1 or both players.

Im certain that they are monitoring alot of possible trade scenerios.

x2

jacquewho?
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Link?

Ragun
07-08-2008, 05:30 PM
source?

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 05:33 PM
they might not get either one of these guys. I would take Harden over CC though!!!!

bosox3431
07-08-2008, 05:42 PM
GOD i wish baseball had a set salary cap that was the same for every team....

why? you know that only 3 of the last 7 teams to win the WS were in the top 10 in payroll? two of hem being the red sox and the other being the diamondbacks, who I believe were 9th when they won

nyyfan4life
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Stupid thread really.

DAAAAABEARS
07-08-2008, 05:52 PM
And why in the name of holy hell, would the red sox want ANOTHER starter.

Masterson, dice-k, bucholz, colon, beckett, lester, wakefield.....isn't enough for them?

ChaseTheMVP
07-08-2008, 05:56 PM
yeah i really hope this isnt going to happen. and don't really see why they would need them. as if bandwagon boston dosn't already have enough.

-Lavigne43-
07-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Not gonna happen