PDA

View Full Version : Jawai heading to Europe or D-League- ESPN

reevanson
07-08-2008, 05:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?season=2009&playerRankingType=1&period=1&set=4

According to David Thorpe of Scouts inc. in ESPN.com Nathan Jawai may be heading to Europe or the D-League. He also rated him #49 in his rookie rankings witch isnt to bad I thought. I believe this is only his analasys I am not sure if he has any hard information. But Thorpe ussually seems to know his stuff and his scouting reports that I have read are spot on.

Bob_at_york
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he spends some time in the d-league. If he doesn't impress at training camp then he will be stuck behind Hump. He would benefit more from the playing time in the d-league. Going to Europe... I doubt that.

AgentViet
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Don't want him playing in Europe. I'd like to see him get a chance to shine and develop in the D-League for a year though.

lukeem21
07-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I think I'd rather see him in Europe then the D'Leauge... Europe has a long strong reputation of developing big men whereas Pape Sow dominates the D then comes to the NBA not any better then when he went down... I'm not an expert on this cause I've never seen Jawai really play a game but he probably needs a lot of work on fundamentals and shooting touch, Europe sounds ideal

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I prefer him playing in the D-League so when he's developing, we could easily bring him back. I think he could be a solid backup for us in the future so I hope wherever he goes, he would learn new things and improve in order for that to happen.

Countdown
07-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I would perfer to see him with the Raptors next year, from start to finish. Maybe throw in a couple of D-Leauge games, when the Raptors aren't playing.
Thats just my opinion though.

Tom Stone
07-08-2008, 08:45 PM
I heard were bringing him over this year....fact is we need cheap players to fill out our roster and a 41st pick rookie fits that , espicially since he was projected to go late first round by some......Go look at all the you tube video's....see the huge upside....he's just what the raptors need...

Mile High Champ
07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Europe is what I think is the best fit.

Bob_at_york
07-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Europe is what I think is the best fit.
I don't. He could get locked up for too long and we could end up losing him. At least we can control him here. We get a say in how he is coached and everything.

brebre82
07-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Anyone knows for sure whether or not Jawai is joining our team next season?

Fion
07-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Anyone knows for sure whether or not Jawai is joining our team next season?

still undecided.