PDA

View Full Version : Who would help the sixer's more, Josh Smith or Elton Brand??

Knicks845
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Would the 76'ers have a better record completely healthy with Smith or Brand???

I think it would be Brand, nothing frees up shooters then, a low post presence something 76'ers have been lacking for years, smith is an explosive player though.

superkegger
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Smith might fit it better...but brand would make them better.

Iggy, Young and Smith are all basically very similar players, and I don't really buy josh smith as a PF, he'd be better if he could play the 3.

With that said, I don't think philly lands either.

Gorgon2k
07-08-2008, 04:12 PM

Iggy, Young and Smith are all basically very similar players, and I don't really buy josh smith as a PF, he'd be better if he could play the 3.

They're obviously making a big move if they're clearing up more cap space then the already 11mil. they have freed up

Camden Guru
07-08-2008, 04:13 PM

thats because he is not a 4. we only play him at the 4 because of his explosiveness and his shot blocking ability. he is really a 3. imo brand would make philly better. he has post moves and could make shooting easier for philly since they are not the best shooting team.

superkegger
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
They're obviously making a big move if they're clearing up more cap space then the already 11mil. they have freed up

they're going to try to make a big move, thats obvious, but there's really only two guys, brand and smith who worth that money.

DirtyThirty
07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Now: Brand
Couple Years: Smith

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 04:30 PM
BRAND!

he makes us contenders, if he stays healthy

hell we took Detroit to Six games last year WITHOUT a low post presence

dre1990
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Smith would help dem fo so. future mvp

chicagowhitesox
07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Brand, unless Iguodala is out of the equation and they expect huge things from Young.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
smith is that dude!

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Would the 76'ers have a better record completely healthy with Smith or Brand???

I think it would be Brand, nothing frees up shooters then, a low post presence something 76'ers have been lacking for years, smith is an explosive player though.

Brand for sure. It gives them post scoring and a pretty good frontcourt with Iggy free to penetrate knowing he has bigs down low.

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Now: Brand
Couple Years: Smith

I agree. If they want to win now, Brand would be better but if they're willing to wait more as Josh Smith becomes even more of a beast, then I'd go with Smith.

BlondeBomber41
07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Truthfully I dont even see the need for Josh Smith. He isnt a PF, and Iggy/Thad are fine at the 2/3. I guess they would run with Smith at PF, but Brand would fit a whole lot better.

Ragun
07-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Brand

Valutasr
07-08-2008, 04:53 PM
sixers have picked up Brand its official. I have a friend working for the sixers this summer who just informed me that we have signed brand. The press conference is set up for sometime tomorrow.

DirtyThirty
07-08-2008, 05:00 PM
It all depends if the Sixers want to start winning now or be patient as Smith grows into an even better basketball player

*Superman*
07-08-2008, 05:07 PM
sixers have picked up Brand its official. I have a friend working for the sixers this summer who just informed me that we have signed brand. The press conference is set up for sometime tomorrow.

Are u for real

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM
BRAND!

he makes us contenders, if he stays healthy

hell we took Detroit to Six games last year WITHOUT a low post presence

yup and with Smith you would not be contenders. Man I hope Brand does not back out and not sign with Clips!

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
yup and with Smith you would not be contenders. Man I hope Brand does not back out and not sign with Clips!

Exactly, we here in the Sixers forum are realists.

Even with Brand we are not in the leagues of Boston or Detroit.

but we can compete. With Smith, we are def rebuilding.

But we beat Boston (away), Mavericks, San Anton, Detroit (4 out of 8 times), Denver, Phoenix (away), Rockets (home and away). I mean this team can hang with anybody, and this was all WITHOUT a player of Brand's caliber.

When we started the year we went 16- 32.... but after the all star break we went 22-12 beating all of those teams in the process, so who knows what Elton brand can do.

Brand would seriously be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Andre Miller/ Lou Williams
Andre Iguodala/ Willie Green
Thaddeus Young/
Elton Brand/ Reggie Evans/ Marreese Speights
Sammy Dalembert/ Jason Smith

thats a team that can compete.

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Exactly, we here in the Sixers forum are realists.

Even with Brand we are not in the leagues of Boston or Detroit.

but we can compete. With Smith, we are def rebuilding.

But we beat Boston (away), Mavericks, San Anton, Detroit (4 out of 8 times), Denver, Phoenix (away), Rockets (home and away). I mean this team can hang with anybody, and this was all WITHOUT a player of Brand's caliber.

Brand would seriously be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Andre Miller/ Lou Williams
Andre Iguodala/ Willie Green
Thaddeus Young/
Elton Brand/ Reggie Evans/ Marreese Speights
Sammy Dalembert/ Jason Smith

thats a team that can compete.

Sweet lineup. Brand provides the offense and some defense and Sammy provides the rebounding and defense.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Sweet lineup. Brand provides the offense and some defense and Sammy provides the rebounding and defense.

yeah we gotta get this done!!! ahhh

Afridi786
07-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Brand, the last thing the sixers need is another guy who doesn't shoot well.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Brand, the last thing the sixers need is another guy who doesn't shoot well.

? how many times have u seen brand play? im assuming a little cus he played in chi town....

but dude. he can nail the midrange with the best of him. And hes a PF what do u expect?

hes so nice with the low post fades.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M6vg0FuF2-g&feature=related

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Double Post. My bad!

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Right there I know your lieing.

That is total BS, don't start it.

With that said, I would be happy with either, but I think we should go after Brand.

Now thinking about it, Thaddeus Young is a Josh Smith.. Everything about him just mimics his play.

Brand probably

Afridi786
07-08-2008, 05:54 PM
? how many times have u seen brand play? im assuming a little cus he played in chi town....

but dude. he can nail the midrange with the best of him. And hes a PF what do u expect?

hes so nice with the low post fades.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M6vg0FuF2-g&feature=related

Who do the sixers need more?
Brand

The last thing the sixers need is another guy who doesn't shoot well. [Which refers to Josh Smith]

THE_FLASH_21
07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Josh Smith can't dominate a game like Elton Brand.. But Josh Smith fits better!

Knicks845
07-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Sixer's got brand and ruined my thread, lol!

Lakerfrk
07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I think adding Elton Brand makes them immediate contenders.

Miller/Igoudala/Young/Brand/Dalembert

very very nice..and im sure some role players will want to go there soon...

AgentViet
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Brand, they need a low post scoring presence. Dalembert-Brand-Young-Iguodala-Miller is definetely a top team in the East.

THE_FLASH_21
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Who do u guys think fits better with them???

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I like Smith too, but still I'd take backstabbing Brand by a mile.

ee
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Brand......They can get a player like james Posey and they'll be top 4 team in the East......

Chronz
07-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Who do the sixers need more?
Brand

The last thing the sixers need is another guy who doesn't shoot well. [Which refers to Josh Smith]
LOL Didnt think that needed an explanation

Liney3506
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Smith is one of the worst shooters ever. He shoots a FANTASTIC 29.1% from 2 point jumper land.