PDA

View Full Version : Baron back to warriors? its possible read...

Thatruth32
07-08-2008, 03:49 PM
i know this sounds crazy but think about it... nothing is offical until 9:01 pst..... tonight so i know this is reaching but its possible.. say tha sixers really do land brand. which the more and more sounds likley... why would baron want to go to LA... he has only agreed verbaly he could come back and take maybe a lil less to stay with a good team? im not saying i think this is going to happen but i have been thinking about this and im sure im not tha only one...

djeller1139
07-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't see that happening. The Warriors won't offer him more than the clippers, and it seems like LA is the place for BD. He has his own production company, and went to UCLA. I hope the Warriors can just pull a fast one and nab Brand tonight, and maybe get Maggette as well...unfortunately this is just wishful thinking

Thatruth32
07-08-2008, 04:04 PM
i agree i dont think its going to happen either but it could be possible.. i think we all just pullin **** to talk about lol... i want brand very badly but dont want corey... one we would be overpaying and he doesnt make teams better....i just read this artcle bout corey im gonna post it rite now under a new thread..

djeller1139
07-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I saw your other thread...It's interesting, i just don't think the Warriors are one piece from the playoffs, and by the looks of Maggette's stats he looks great. I just got back from vacation so i have to look more into it, as i learned of the W's interest in him today. I think the Warriors need two pieces, which i would like to be Brand and Billups, but that seems very unlikely...

Rep the BayArea
07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Brand would be a huge pickup for the warriors but the thing about Maggette is that where would he play in our lineup cuz we got Jackson starting at the Sf position and the warriors have said that they are going to try and make Randolph a true SF as well so idk where Maggette would fit... you could put him at SG but he is not a true SG and Monta will be playing there hoping that we trade Harrington for Hinrich... idk just a thought

djeller1139
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Brand would be a huge pickup for the warriors but the thing about Maggette is that where would he play in our lineup cuz we got Jackson starting at the Sf position and the warriors have said that they are going to try and make Randolph a true SF as well so idk where Maggette would fit... you could put him at SG but he is not a true SG and Monta will be playing there hoping that we trade Harrington for Hinrich... idk just a thought

true...if we sign maggette i think the Warriors will try Monta at PG which doesn't seem like the best option for the warrriors to me.

Conor
07-08-2008, 04:38 PM
No, really, it isn't possible.

Thatruth32
07-08-2008, 04:53 PM
i dont want corey unless we are paying him like 6 7 8 mil a year and i dont think he will come here forthat never been a fan of him.. i dont think we are only player away either thats why im not even worried about playoffs if we get brand we will still be in the hunt if not save tha money for other FA in another year dont waste tha cap space just for a playoff push

djeller1139
07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
If we get Brand we need atleast one more piece, maybe Billups, to make us actual contenders, so we can have a legit chance at making the playoffs not as the 8th seed, but as a top 4 or 5 seed hopefully.

danbuc0101
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM
**** BD, i already took a **** on my poster and burned my jersey

McPeak92
07-09-2008, 12:56 AM
**** BD, i already took a **** on my poster and burned my jersey

haha that blows. I dont think Baron Davis is a warrior next year fwiw. I see him either staying in LA or getting S&T to a team like cleveland.

EBfan!123
07-09-2008, 01:56 AM
I hope we get Brand. I will be praying.

EBfan!123
07-09-2008, 01:58 AM
QUOTE=danbuc0101;5787893]**** BD, i already took a **** on my poster and burned my jersey[/QUOTE]

Thats cool.

gswmentality
07-09-2008, 03:09 AM
i'd take baron back in a heartbeat. he's still can be the heart of the team with monta and mags running the wings. problem with jackson tho. i dont know if maggette would want to come off the benchh..probably might trade jackson if baron does come back. i wouldnt offer him as much as the clippers so he'd have to take a fat paycut if he wants to come to contenders and not pretenders.

bayareafan650
07-09-2008, 05:50 AM
baron wont be back

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Only reason I take Baron back is cause he is an elite pg that gets us closer to winning a championship or gives us a chance to trade BD to miami for Marion.

BD's agent already said he will honor his commitment to the clips.. He going there no doubt, he doesnt care no more about winning..

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Sucks for him and the Warriors. First im sure he is super pissed he didn't just stay under contract with the Warriors, which was worth about 17 mil this season i believe. Second he got screwed by Brand, who also caused Maggette to want to leave, and causing the Clippers to shed Shaun Livengston for cap space, meaning the Clippers have NOBODY, and will now probably overpay for Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor. I wish Baron would back out, S&T with Warriors for Marion. Seems like it would be his best option as he would be playing for a contender now wth some solid peices, plus the W's would get a stud in return.