PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you tired of all the talk about Brett Favre going to the vikings.

chesseheads123
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I dont kno who's not tired of every one talking about this every where i look there somthing new an its always a viking fan trying to say he would be a good fit or they want him. They say how they dont like him an now they want him. Do think the same.?

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
It ain't happening so no, not really.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I know what a joke, it's NEVER EVER going to happen, not even TT is arrogant enough to let that happen. We might as well just start threads of AP coming to the Packers. It wouldn't be any more ridiculous.

Urbs
07-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I know what a joke, it's NEVER EVER going to happen, not even TT is arrogant enough to let that happen. We might as well just start threads of AP coming to the Packers. It wouldn't be any more ridiculous.

LOL I like your thinking.. WHERE DOES EVERYONE GET OFF THINKING THE VIKES ARE A CONTENDER ANYWAY?? I get so tired of hearing that every year it seems.. They have no pass defense, no receivers and no QB.. Even Brett himself couldnt make the Queens receivers look any less like the big pile of trash they are.. Who? Ferguson and Berrian?? Berrian is fast but Jackson is a terrible QB and Ferguson was waived for a reason... The vikings only have a running game and a rush D.... And unless I am remembering incorrectly we made the Queens running game look pretty bad last year... Actually we made their whole team look pretty bad. But thats a year in, year out kind of thing. HAHA I HATE THE VIKINGS, I HATE THE TWINS, And what the hell Ill hate the T-Wolves while im at it, and even tho I dont like hockey, I hate the Wild as well.. LOL this got a bit longer than I meant it too, but these rumors are driving me INSANE!!! :mad:

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah I'm not sold on them as contenders at all. Wonderful pass rush and run defense great for them. But their secondary still sucks, c'mon Sharper has to fall off sometime. If not, maybe TT shouldn't have cut his *** and let him go to our rival considering the state of our S position the last few years. I don't think they'll win more than 8 games with Tarvaris Whackson as their QB. If AP gets hurt(almost as likely as Rodgers getting hurt) the Queens won't be better than 6-10.

darwin31
07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
OK, as a Viking fan let me say that I am embarassed that there are Favre posts in the Viking forum. I dont want him on our team, you guys can have him or he can stay retired, I dont care. He would not be a good fit for the Vikings and I think most Viking fans agree.

I must point out that it did take a few days after the announcement for the Favre posts to start appearing while I think the Chicago forum actually had something to do with breaking the story so you might want to rip on them too.

Please continue with the Viking bashing though, im not gonna respond to any of it because I will return to collect all of your tears after week one.

TCamPacFan
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Do I get the honor of being the first post after an arrogant Viking fan! Yes!!! First of all, I guarantee that Favre would personally rather stay retired than play for the Vikings. That is about the only thing he could do to ruin his love from the Packer nation.

Second, for a Viking fan to say they couldn't use Favre was about as smart as TT and MM not doing everything they could do to keep Favre around for one more year. I don't care how good AP is or the D-Line is, the Vikes are not a contender until the have a QB. Period.

And third, as stated before, how many years running have the Queens been "a contender" only to tank? This year will be no different. They have horrible fan support, and they always choke. Four appearances, no rings.

How do you keep a Viking out of your front lawn? Put up a goalpost!

Jimi032890
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
ya i am sick of hearing about him goin to minnesota or chicago. but if he does go to chicago im buyin a favre bears jersey hahaha god that would be awesome!

chesseheads123
07-08-2008, 10:15 PM
dude ur gona wait till week 1 if jackson is hurt by then no disrespect to him but he gona have a hard time throwing.

tbizzle1984
07-08-2008, 10:57 PM
yeah it's getting very annoying. VERY

newdude
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Well it does give more hope, of having a good QB, to Vikings fans.

I kid, I kid.

twelvePack
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
ya i am sick of hearing about him goin to minnesota or chicago. but if he does go to chicago im buyin a favre bears jersey hahaha god that would be awesome!

That would be so wrong, that it would be hillarious.

brandonwarne52
07-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, we are sick of it.

Packersfan
07-09-2008, 12:17 AM
HELL YEAH, if ur not sick of it, ur simply not a a good packers-fan.

brandonwarne52
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Well, I'm not a good Packers fan.

Still, I'm sick of it.

hughest4
07-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Yeah I'm not sold on them as contenders at all. Wonderful pass rush and run defense great for them. But their secondary still sucks, c'mon Sharper has to fall off sometime. If not, maybe TT shouldn't have cut his *** and let him go to our rival considering the state of our S position the last few years. I don't think they'll win more than 8 games with Tarvaris Whackson as their QB. If AP gets hurt(almost as likely as Rodgers getting hurt) the Queens won't be better than 6-10.

I dunno man, on PAPER they look pretty good to me. Jared Allen is going to make a huge difference and i have a feeling that the secondary is going to look so much better this year. I realize Chester Taylor is no AP but he could still carry a full load for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping they aren't as good as i think they could be.

And i don't think there is any chance of Favre going to Minny. At least i hope not

twelvePack
07-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Well the biggest thing Minnesota is missing, is a quarterback. Putting Favre and AP on the same team would be sick. Seriously, put eight or nine in the box with Favre at QB, he will have a field day. Favre on the Vikings makes them a Super Bowl contender.

hawkeye
07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Well the biggest thing Minnesota is missing, is a quarterback. Putting Favre and AP on the same team would be sick. Seriously, put eight or nine in the box with Favre at QB, he will have a field day. Favre on the Vikings makes them a Super Bowl contender.

It would make them a Super Bowl winner. Never gonna happen though. #4 will be playing in GB this year. Book it.

newdude
07-09-2008, 12:54 PM
^Lets just hope that he will :pray:

Ryan Diesel
07-09-2008, 03:22 PM
If Favre doesn't come back than the Queens very possibly could win the division. Favre comes back, we're head and shoulders the best team in the North and the Queens really don't scare me very much. They'll be the same team as last year except with a stronger pass rush. You know Jackson is gonna suck and they'll be scrambling to put every Tom Dick and Harry out there. They'll be sending people to Kelly Holcome's house to try and talk him out of retirement before 2008 is over. How sad would that be, the Queens send an intermediary to talk Holcomb out of retiring, we send one down to Mississippi to convince Favre to stay retired. Real smart. Bears welcome Rex Grossman back yet again with open arms and we give Favre the cold shoulder?? Kitna is the best QB the Lions have had in 20-30 years, maybe even since the 50's. Kitna is not really all that good. My point is Great QB's are hard to come by and if they're still playing at that level you let them play.

darwin31
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
If Favre doesn't come back than the Queens very possibly could win the division. Favre comes back, we're head and shoulders the best team in the North and the Queens really don't scare me very much. They'll be the same team as last year except with a stronger pass rush. You know Jackson is gonna suck and they'll be scrambling to put every Tom Dick and Harry out there. They'll be sending people to Kelly Holcome's house to try and talk him out of retirement before 2008 is over. How sad would that be, the Queens send an intermediary to talk Holcomb out of retiring, we send one down to Mississippi to convince Favre to stay retired. Real smart. Bears welcome Rex Grossman back yet again with open arms and we give Favre the cold shoulder?? Kitna is the best QB the Lions have had in 20-30 years, maybe even since the 50's. Kitna is not really all that good. My point is Great QB's are hard to come by and if they're still playing at that level you let them play.

Great line, In other words.......They will be the same team as last year, but better.

Meanwhile, with Favre back, the Packers will just be the same team as last year.

TCamPacFan
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I love how every thread turns into whether the Favre is coming back to the Packers or not. I thought this was about how sick we are all of the Brett to Vikings talk. Truthfully, the thought of him going to Sota is more funny than anything. Girls look good in purple, men look good in green. I don't see Brett dressing up as a lady and playing for the drag Queens. It's just not his style.