PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.

favre_4life
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
So I've noticed that the Suns are in dire need of a backup point gaurd. Personally i don't think any of the players like Lue, Anthony Johnson, or Bobby Jackson would really fit in your system real well. So I am wondering if you as suns fans would be open to a player like say... Dee Brown? I reside in Wisconsin, so I had a chance to really see what that kid could do when he was at Illonois, and let me tell you, the kid can run, and run the fast break efficiently. I know he played in Greece last year, and to be honest i dont really know how he did, but you must admit he does run the same offense that your team runs pretty well. Not to mention would cost little to nothing. Just a thought. Let me know what you guys think.

WntAbCEO
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Shaun Livingston

STAT32
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately Favre, that famous run-n'-gun offense your refferring to is not an offense the Suns will be running much. However Dee may be a good backup but I think Suns management is looking for a veteran Pg. Not to mention, didn't Dee Brown have a pretty nasty neck or back injury last season?

favre_4life
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Isn't the run-n'-gun offense the only kind of offense that Steve Nash is effective in? Also, I'm not really sure about Dee Brown and an injury last year, because he played in Greece.

nashty13
07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Dee brown just got signed somewhere else

king4day
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Isn't the run-n'-gun offense the only kind of offense that Steve Nash is effective in? Also, I'm not really sure about Dee Brown and an injury last year, because he played in Greece.

Nash is still basketball smart. He's going to have to adjust to this styl. While he may no longer be making the fun fastbreak plays as much anymore, he's still top 5 PG in the league (maybe top 3).
Outside of the name, I don't know much about Brown. If he's not getting interest around the league, there's usually a reason. I can't imagine he had a good season in Europe.

Jeff Boyd
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Jamal Tinsley would be a good back up.

Willy T Justice
07-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Porter will still run an up tempo offense, he did in Milwaukee. It won't be a helter skelter 7 seconds thats for sure. They will run when it is available and then set up half court if not. That's how I see it. And Nash can run an offense that is not Run and Gun, he did it in Dallas.

STAT32
07-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I personally believe that Nash's assist numbers will go up under Terry Porter. The half court offense is a lot more efficient than the run n' gun offense. Nash will be able to set his teammates up a lot easier if he is running a slower more precise game.