PDA

View Full Version : Okafor

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 02:29 PM
i know larry brown likes curry and negotiations between okafor and the bobcats is not going well how about a trade that will send curry,collins and a 2nd rd pick to charlotte for okafor and felton?

pg felton/duhon
sg crawford/qrich
sf chandler/rooster
pf randolph/lee
c okafor

now that's a 9 man rotation that fits d'antoni style with zbo or not...

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd love to get Oak but I dont think the Cats will trade him. The cats really blew it draft night. They wanted a big center to go with Oak at PF but the 2 guys they wanted were gone. They traded next years pick for #20 I think and then came up empty handed.

GOODLUCKDONNIE
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
that would be great..but no way..i dont mind giving curry one last chance, i really dont want to see zbo in a knick uniform anymore tho

Sports Illustrator
07-08-2008, 02:37 PM
In any deal we do with the Charlotte Bobcats (if any), David Lee HAS to be included in the deal since the Bobcats have highly shown interest in David Lee and would be a nice fit to their team.

I don't think they'd want Eddy Curry, not only because Larry Brown is their coach, but because Eddy's value seems to have lowered.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 02:37 PM
i know larry brown has a soft spot for curry and it seems like okafor days in charlotte is numbered he would be a great fit for us especialy on the defensive end..

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 02:38 PM
If the Bobcats made that trade , it would further prove their idiocy lol.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 02:42 PM
If the Bobcats made that trade , it would further prove their idiocy lol.

it's possible if we add balkman along with curry and collins?

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
i know larry brown has a soft spot for curry and it seems like okafor days in charlotte is numbered he would be a great fit for us especialy on the defensive end..

Larry was tough on Curry because he tried to teach him the right way to play but I agree Larry did like Curry. Larry spoke very highly of Curry and after Curry broke out Larry said he always saw that potential in Eddy. Larry reportedly wanted 5 Knicks (Marbury, Francis, Jalen, Mo Taylor, etc) cut or traded before he was fired. I think every single one has been cut or traded since then. Curry was not one Larry wanted gone. Curry also looked up to Larry and took it as a huge compliment when Larry said something like Curry could be one of the best. Curry is a likable guy in general no matter how he plays. He is close friends with almost every player on the team (Jerome, Zach, Jcraw, Malik, Qrich, Dlee, and Nate off the top of my head).

I dont think the cats would move Oak but Oak next to Curry would be amazing compliments.
A trade would have to start with,
Dlee
Jcraw
Chandler and go from there

Weezy
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Okafor will stay in Char imo.

6deep
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Last summer he turned down a contract that would have paid him more than $12million per season, plus incentives that could have added another $5million over the life of the deal.

It wouldn't be shocking if Okafor signs a one-year qualifying offer (for about $7million) that would make him an unrestricted free agent a year from now. If he was willing to take the risk to become a restricted free agent, then why wouldn't he take the next step by playing out his rookie obligation this season?

The lingering question: Would another team have both the salary-cap room and desire to pay him more than the Bobcats already have offered?

http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/704080.html

Is Walsh willing to give Okafer the cash? Not likely.

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Last summer he turned down a contract that would have paid him more than $12million per season, plus incentives that could have added another $5million over the life of the deal.

It wouldn't be shocking if Okafor signs a one-year qualifying offer (for about $7million) that would make him an unrestricted free agent a year from now. If he was willing to take the risk to become a restricted free agent, then why wouldn't he take the next step by playing out his rookie obligation this season?

The lingering question: Would another team have both the salary-cap room and desire to pay him more than the Bobcats already have offered?

I think this falls into the category of Walsh's promise of taking a player who would improve the team even if the affects the 2010 plan. I think he would try to sign him. Okafur next to Curry would get us that much closer. But if we do sign Okafur, all we'd have to do is get rid of Zach , Jeffries, Q, and Crawford to make space for Lebron. It's not exactly an easy task lol but if Walsh works methodically like he seems to do , it can be done.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Larry was tough on Curry because he tried to teach him the right way to play but I agree Larry did like Curry. Larry spoke very highly of Curry and after Curry broke out Larry said he always saw that potential in Eddy. Larry reportedly wanted 5 Knicks (Marbury, Francis, Jalen, Mo Taylor, etc) cut or traded before he was fired. I think every single one has been cut or traded since then. Curry was not one Larry wanted gone. Curry also looked up to Larry and took it as a huge compliment when Larry said something like Curry could be one of the best. Curry is a likable guy in general no matter how he plays. He is close friends with almost every player on the team (Jerome, Zach, Jcraw, Malik, Qrich, Dlee, and Nate off the top of my head).

I dont think the cats would move Oak but Oak next to Curry would be amazing compliments.
A trade would have to start with,
Dlee
Jcraw
Chandler and go from there

i know your being realistic but we be giving up too much for a player who dosent really want to play in charlotte he's felling mistreated and instead of losing him for nothing they get a young center in curry and respectable players like balkman and collins with the 2nd rd draft pick it gets no better than that.

D-Amazins
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
i know larry brown likes curry and negotiations between okafor and the bobcats is not going well how about a trade that will send curry,collins and a 2nd rd pick to charlotte for okafor and felton?

pg felton/duhon
sg crawford/qrich
sf chandler/rooster
pf randolph/lee
c okafor

now that's a 9 man rotation that fits d'antoni style with zbo or not...

who in the league wants that GARBAGE?

Okafor IF healthy is a legitamate big man and is a really good player.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM

he turned all that money down because he don't want to play in charlotte...

knickZ4LIFE
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
oo man i would love okafor... hes exatcly wat we need... a DEFENSIVE BIG MAN! i would love it... mayb a sign and trade... d lee, marbury for okafor and felton.. something alomg those lines

Isiah Thomas
07-08-2008, 03:12 PM
if we can swing a zbo/ rose for hughes and gooden...

lee gooden balkman for oak

duhon leader
craw scorer
gallo shooter
oak d-fence
curry offence

that is balance
chandler
robinson
hughes
jeff or q

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
oo man i would love okafor... hes exatcly wat we need... a DEFENSIVE BIG MAN! i would love it... mayb a sign and trade... d lee, marbury for okafor and felton.. something alomg those lines

only problem is larry brown hates marbury guts so that will never happen, only hope we have in a sign and trade is curry that's the guy brown loves..

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
i know your being realistic but we be giving up too much for a player who dosent really want to play in charlotte he's felling mistreated and instead of losing him for nothing they get a young center in curry and respectable players like balkman and collins with the 2nd rd draft pick it gets no better than that.

I would love to have Oak but as you said I'm being realistic. Guys like Balk and Collins basically have no value to 2nd round pick value. Thats not going to do much. The Cats could trade Oak to like 29 other teams. He is a big time player. They will not lose him for nothing.

Last season Jordan reportedly offered us #8 in the draft for Dlee and Jcraw. I think thats where a Oakfor the deal would have to start. I think they would prefer Curry to play with Oak not instead of Oak.

Now can you imagine
Curry
Okafor
Galinari
SG to come in a trade
Duhon

Nate and Chandler off the bench? Wow that would be great!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
if we can swing a zbo/ rose for hughes and gooden...

lee gooden balkman for oak

duhon leader
craw scorer
gallo shooter
oak d-fence
curry offence

that is balance
chandler
robinson
hughes
jeff or q
not bad but chandler will be our starting sf this season..

KnicksFan4Years
07-08-2008, 03:20 PM
If we want Okafor, it will start with Crawford, not Curry.

Michael Jordan is very high on Crawford. Larry Brown liked Crawford as well.

If we packaged Crawford for Okafor and Randolph for Gordon, we could wind up with something like this:

Duhon
Richardson
Rooster
Okafor
Curry
with Q, Nate, Lee, Jeffries on the bench

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 03:22 PM
If we want Okafor, it will start with Crawford, not Curry.

Michael Jordan is very high on Crawford. Larry Brown liked Crawford as well.

If we packaged Crawford for Okafor and Randolph for Gordon, we could wind up with something like this:

Duhon
Richardson
Rooster
Okafor
Curry
with Q, Nate, Lee, Jeffries on the bench

Did you mean Jason Richardson or Q Rich?

On paper that is quite a powerful group. Curry and Oak together would be insane. Near perfect compliments. Add the Rooster and a decent back court and all of a sudden hoops is fun again. :)

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM

On paper that is quite a powerful group. Curry and Oak together would be insane. Near perfect compliments. Add the Rooster and a decent back court and all of a sudden hoops is fun again. :)

you met to say ben gorden at the sg not a bad crawford replacement but wouldn't we be capped out signing okafor and gorden im filling a little uconn up in here..

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 03:43 PM
you met to say ben gorden at the sg not a bad crawford replacement but wouldn't we be capped out signing okafor and gorden im filling a little uconn up in here..

The previous poster had richardson not Gordon down in his post.

I really like Gordon and Okafor. Most teams in the nba are capped out so that doesnt scare me at all.

Curry
Okafor
Galinari
Gordon
Duhon

Nate, Jeffries

Wow oh wow. That is a young multi dimensional fun team.

Havoc52
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
For the bobcats to give up both Felton and Okafor, it will take alot. like

Curry
Lee
and either Balkman or future 1st round pick
maybe more.

doubt they get rid of both in same trade.

KnicksFan4Years
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM

Jason Richardson starting, Q off the bench.

If Charlotte trades for Crawford they will need to get rid of Richardson or Matt Carroll. Plus we will need to give them a pick.

They can sign Kwame to shore up their front court

Nazr, May, Wallace, Kwame

We may be able to include Jeffries in the deal.

They would be:

Felton/Crawford/Wallace/May/Nazr or Kwame

DJ Augustin, Carroll, Jeffries, Dudley, Kwame off the bench.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
The previous poster had richardson not Gordon down in his post.

I really like Gordon and Okafor. Most teams in the nba are capped out so that doesnt scare me at all.

Curry
Okafor
Galinari
Gordon
Duhon

Nate, Jeffries

Wow oh wow. That is a young multi dimensional fun team.that's what you call rebuilding not a quick fix but rebuilding by the way why is everybody leaving chandler out of the rotation im telling yar we have something special with this kid.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 03:51 PM
that's what you call rebuilding not a quick fix but rebuilding by the way why is everybody leaving chandler out of the rotation im telling yar we have something special with this kid.

I have high hopes for Will as well but I figured to get Okafor and Gordon, Chandler would have to go. We have to give quality to get quality.

I think for me it was just a matter of would we keep Danilo or Will at SF

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I have high hopes for Will as well but I figured to get Okafor and Gordon, Chandler would have to go. We have to give quality to get quality.

I think for me it was just a matter of would we keep Danilo or Will at SF

i will hate to see will go but for okafor that's a no brainer.

MOHA
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
The Knicks will be a top 6 team in The East if this deal happens.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
The Knicks will be a top 6 team in The East if this deal happens.

for sure!

Orange N Blue15
07-08-2008, 04:57 PM
if this trade was too ever happen i would be estatic...this would give us the defensive presence we would need along with a good young pg i like that starting lineup to make the playoffs in the east with Mike D'antoni's running style of play

PJAF
07-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Knicks have no one to trade for Okafor that cats would want except Jamal and Curry. Curry straight up for Okafor? I'd do it.

bishop5f
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I really believe Okafor could br Curry's Oakley. A defensive presence, a menance on the boards & he can run. Walsh should do this. jordan might fall for it!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I really believe Okafor could br Curry's Oakley. A defensive presence, a menance on the boards & he can run. Walsh should do this. jordan might fall for it!

As good as Oakley was he couldnt block any shots. Okafors shot blocking and rebounding combined with Currys inside post offense would be insane. Any time Curry was double teamed by Okafors man inside and Curry missed the shot Okafor would be wide open to slam the rebounds home! What great compliments these 2 would make together.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 06:42 PM
okafor in the front court and duhon in the back court our defense will come along way i hope walsh at lease make a atempt,only thing they can say is no.

KnicksFan4Years
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't know, with the signing of Duhon, could the Bobcats have drafted Augustin for a trade with us down the road?

It doesn't make sense for them to get rid of Felton, but trading Augustin to address team needs...

Maybe Lee+filler for Augustin+filler?

Walsh and Donnie and Jordan all have the UNC connection. It's possible. We give them more accomplished, experienced players and they give us shorter contracts, etc.

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't know, with the signing of Duhon, could the Bobcats have drafted Augustin for a trade with us down the road?

It doesn't make sense for them to get rid of Felton, but trading Augustin to address team needs...

Maybe Lee+filler for Augustin+filler?

Walsh and Donnie and Jordan all have the UNC connection. It's possible. We give them more accomplished, experienced players and they give us shorter contracts, etc.

Why would you trade Dlee for an unproven player. If anything, Augustin can become a tremendous bust. I think we should wait a year or two before we make any moves for him like that. But I like your thinking.

rhymeratic
07-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I say sign and trade Okafor for Z-BO and filler. Then use Crawford and other pieces to sign and trade for Lebron in 2010.

THE MTL
07-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Okafor and Curry lol. The next NYC duo that goes wrong. Can we please stop. After all the duos NYC went through. Cant we just have a good team??

THE MTL
07-10-2008, 12:22 AM
I like Okafor but he turned down a 12.5 million dollar a year contract from the Bobcats last season. How much does he want? 15 mil? Ben Wallace already demonstrated why you dont pay a rebounder 15 mil a year.

Rabbit77
07-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Okafor and Curry lol. The next NYC duo that goes wrong. Can we please stop. After all the duos NYC went through. Cant we just have a good team??

Please don't compair Okafor and Curry to Zack and Curry or Marbury and Francis. The one thing that makes Okafor and Curry work and the same reason all the other bad Isiah trades didn't work out "CHEMISTRY" . All of Isiah's trades we got 2 of the same type player's. Marbury + Francis both driving PG's that dominate the ball and are me first player's and Part Time defenders. Curry + Zack both offencive minded player's that don't (or can't) run the court or play defence or PASS out of a double team! Now if we were to somehow get Okafor and drop Z-Bo I'd be thrilled because of the differances in style of play Curry chucking up bad shots in the post and Okafor cleaning the glass and getting easy put backs and tips and on the defencive side Okafor is a force! They would be great together!..... not to mention if Curry dosen't work out I still wouldn't mind a Front court of Okafor and Lee....NO REBOUNDS FOR ANYONE! :)

mjrballer13
07-10-2008, 09:48 AM
im sorry guys but nothings gonna happen here, remember we were hyped for the draft nd nothing happened?

6deep
07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Okafor Hears From Clippers

Jul 10, 2008 11:17 AM EST

Sources tell the Los Angeles Times that the Clippers have made preliminary contact with Charlotte Bobcats forward Emeka Okafor, who is a restricted free agent.

Via Los Angeles Times

Rabbit77
07-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Okafor Hears From Clippers

Jul 10, 2008 11:17 AM EST

Sources tell the Los Angeles Times that the Clippers have made preliminary contact with Charlotte Bobcats forward Emeka Okafor, who is a restricted free agent.

Via Los Angeles Times

This sucks if something goes down! What does LA have to offer Charlotte? Both teams are in need of C/PF's rigth? We got a PF to trade! Z-Slow!

6deep
07-10-2008, 11:52 AM
This sucks if something goes down! What does LA have to offer Charlotte? Both teams are in need of C/PF's rigth? We got a PF to trade! Z-Slow!

Ok's an RFA, LAC has cap room i believe.

29$JerZ
07-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I would hate to see my man Meka in Clippers unit

robdesign13
07-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I would hate to see my man Meka's unit clipped.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Please don't compair Okafor and Curry to Zack and Curry or Marbury and Francis. The one thing that makes Okafor and Curry work and the same reason all the other bad Isiah trades didn't work out "CHEMISTRY" . All of Isiah's trades we got 2 of the same type player's. Marbury + Francis both driving PG's that dominate the ball and are me first player's and Part Time defenders. Curry + Zack both offencive minded player's that don't (or can't) run the court or play defence or PASS out of a double team! Now if we were to somehow get Okafor and drop Z-Bo I'd be thrilled because of the differances in style of play Curry chucking up bad shots in the post and Okafor cleaning the glass and getting easy put backs and tips and on the defencive side Okafor is a force! They would be great together!..... not to mention if Curry dosen't work out I still wouldn't mind a Front court of Okafor and Lee....NO REBOUNDS FOR ANYONE! :)

true that.