PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Openly Courting Posey; Does He Stay?

ktrain203
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
With it being reported that James Posey is considering not resigning with the Celtics and looking at other teams (maybe on the West Coast) Paul Pierce has stepped forward and begun singing the praises of Posey and why he should come back.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/07/08/pierce-wants-posey-to-stay-green/

It's a smart move by Pierce, as he understands how vitale a role Posey played in Boston's championship run. My only question is where are the star players from the other teams that want Posey, like Kobe or Duncan, and why aren't they speaking out about how much they want him? Maybe calls are being made behind the scenes, but it's a fact that everyone wants to be wanted, so make Posey feel the love and maybe next season you're the one holding up the trophy.

cali72888
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
because when your star player wants you to get someone it brings their value up. im sure kobe is telling the front office to resign turiaf and the european they play forgot his name.
haha im sure baron is telling the clippers to make sure to resign brand but i bet brand is having a hard time deciding with 30 mill more on the table from the warriors.

Aapox
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
nba where pierce tooling kobe bryant happens.... and then later laker fans ***** and moan about it.

Priceless man, hahaha.

I'm a BULLS fan and ONLY the BULLS. I don't like the Celtics or Lakers at ALL, but bias aside, you Lakers fans are seriously the biggest whiners, you guys got worked and that's that.

Dirty Dirk41
07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah like Vuja-b*itch flopping all over the place acting like he got hit in the eye. Or Gasol flopping around like a fish out of water when KG is posting his weak *** up. Face it LA, you LOST...you got smoked...you got handled. Pierce is/was hurt, but he is man enough, unlike Andrew Bynum to nut up and come back. And no, Posey will not be a Laker. He will be back with the C's, cuz he wants to win another title and have that Robert Horry like finish to his career. Tell Kobe there is a young girl in Colorado who wants to see him.

:clap: L.A is still crying???? Why would pierce act....yeah he wanted to be carried off in a wheel chair, an have a dramatic comeback...please ppl GIVE IT UP!!

KmB728
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
hahaha i love all the laker fans saying pierce was acting,and Bynum is the next Kareem... hey what ever helps them sleep at night

anyway back on topic, i think this is a good move by Pierce, Posey is very important to our team and we need him back

KeithLBC
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Talk about insecurity.

One comment from a noob Laker fan and the floodgates open :p

Of course Pierce is courting Posey, he was a key component in the C's winning.

Why is it that when Kobe wants his GM to go after players, everyone dumps on him, but when Pierce does, he's a "leader" :confused:

madiaz3
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
It's too easy to pick on Laker fans because there are so many more here than any other team (outside of NY, but we're hiding for a reason.) All the other teams fans are as *****y and whiny as every other team.

kbrill21
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
B/c Kobe is a selfish player and who from what I have heard NO ONE wants to play with. Ask, Shaq, GP and Karl Malone. Pierce is a team first player, often defers the big play/shot to others. You think Paul could score 30 a game if he wanted to? Of course he could....

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Get this topic back online regarding Posey and not the finals.

If you want to talk about the finals still here is the topic below

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227681

Joshtd1
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but according to Posey's agent, Posey is deciding on either returning to Boston, or going to SA in an article I saw.

KmB728
07-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Same with Maggette... maybe posey will go opposite of maggette and vice versa almost like a trade i guess

kbrill21
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I know I am partial to the C's but I don't see Posey leaving. San Antonio already has a guy like Posey, his name is Bruce Bowen. A defender who can make open 3's.

PRETTY BIRD
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but according to Posey's agent, Posey is deciding on either returning to Boston, or going to SA in an article I saw.

yeah dude but to be fair.....your a spur fan

PRETTY BIRD
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
lakers have a guy like that to his name is trevor ariza......fo show!

kbrill21
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
What does Ariza do? That's right...nothing. I hope Posey comes back to the C's, if not, Giddens and Walker will have to step up right away. Any one heard anything on House?

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Posey should come back. Boston still has a bit left in them and they need Posey's intensity off the bench.

Packersfan
07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Priceless man, hahaha.

I'm a BULLS fan and ONLY the BULLS. I don't like the Celtics or Lakers at ALL, but bias aside, you Lakers fans are seriously the biggest whiners, you guys got worked and that's that.

cant argue with that, ive met 2 many laker fans that ***** WAY 2 much.

RocketsDWM
07-08-2008, 07:01 PM
If it wasn't acting what was it? He went from career ending injury pain.... to back on the court in 3 minutes.. the dude was faking or is a ***** you decide. And who has said Bynum is the next Kareem? Noone who is a logical laker fan. You all will be scared this coming year though, can't wait to see my boys healthy.!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when people simply absorb what they read in the paper.

This is what happened:

Pierce goes down in what looks to be a career ending knee injury. His teammates lift him up (didnt look like Pierce could move at that point). Then THE DOCTOR TELLS HIM to sit in the wheelchair. Again, the doctor advised him to sit in the wheelchair until they can determine what is wrong with him and get some x-rays. It was not PP's choice. After a couple of minutes, he felt as though he could move, although moving laterally was extremely painful. Any player in his situation would have done the same thing. And any doctor in that same situation would have advised him of the same thing. Simply medical procedure that I am sure is followed by all NBA trainers/doctors.

But continue to believe Bill Plaschke (who, among others, thought he was faking the injury) as he spews his hatred of anything Celtics.

And honestly, a guy who has been playing for 10 years on some putrid teams is going to fake an injury in the NBA finals? And in Game 1? Why not do it in Game 6 or 7 to inspire your team? And he is going to plan this all out? He planned out someone hitting him and for him to go down like that?

On to Posey: The Celts need to sign this guy. 4 years at around 6 mil a year sounds right. I'm glad PP is stepping up his game and trying to court Posey back to Celtic green. Posey is the perfect complement to the trio. Besides, who else is going to do those akward hugs before the game?

Joshtd1
07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
yeah dude but to be fair.....your a spur fan

and?? :confused: