PDA

View Full Version : Let me clear this up

BurnsinPhilly
07-08-2008, 12:06 PM
First off lets all stop whining about every little thing. first off the trade for carney was fine by me. You can quote me Rodney Carney will be nothing better than a 6th man in his career. Can stop saying Ed is the worst guy in the world when we havent even given him a chance. Also Elton Brand is far superior to Josh Smith. Im not saying Elton is far better because I dont think that is true. I think Josh smith is much more athletic and has more youth but doesnt fit this team in anyway to improve us as much as elton would. I watched the sixers a lot at the end of the year. I kept thinking we are really athletic and young all we need is a low post scorer and defender. The Pistons series showed us that. Elton Brand fills that hole perfectly and would easily make us a top 4 team in the east.

Liney3506
07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Are my enemies slowly becoming my friends on here? Holy poop.

Bdiddy3883
07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree with you, Carney was filthy in collge with memphis knocking down all kinds of three's and I see him occasionally hitting them now, but anyways, he is still young and the kid can jump out the gym, but with him and Iggy and thad on the same team he wont get too much tick, so the best thing for both sides is to move him to a team where he would get some more minutes.

BChydro86
07-08-2008, 12:10 PM
good post.

except being young and athletic is meaningless, if smith doesnt have the skills the sixers need.

BChydro86
07-08-2008, 12:10 PM
also....carney could be a very good 6th man....championship teams need a guy like carney to defend and hit shots. the bruce bowen role, if you will.

Westbrook36
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Except the fact that we would have Smith playing like a all-star for many years and having Brand for 3 years like a all-star and then be 33 years old. :cool:

BurnsinPhilly
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
what so when a player hits 33 he cant play anymore did you watch the celtics this year. Also this team is young and needs a veteran anyway.

FNM BOY
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
First off lets all stop whining about every little thing. first off the trade for carney was fine by me. You can quote me Rodney Carney will be nothing better than a 6th man in his career. Can stop saying Ed is the worst guy in the world when we havent even given him a chance. Also Elton Brand is far superior to Josh Smith. Im not saying Elton is far better because I dont think that is true. I think Josh smith is much more athletic and has more youth but doesnt fit this team in anyway to improve us as much as elton would. I watched the sixers a lot at the end of the year. I kept thinking we are really athletic and young all we need is a low post scorer and defender. The Pistons series showed us that. Elton Brand fills that hole perfectly and would easily make us a top 4 team in the east.

Brand would be my first option...but he isn't coming to Philly. Thus Josh Smith is the next best option.

Yes if we get Brand he will make us a top team in the East...but question..HOW LONG WILL WE BE THAT WAY??? Josh is a better investment long term.

Josh is only 22 and a beast and has not reach his full potential...Brand has.

Brand has had a serious injury....what if aggrivates that achilles again?? Josh has had no serious injuries.

Sign Josh...yes Brand is best for this team but he isn't coming.

BurnsinPhilly
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
why would you say he isnt coming from the reports on espn we are as in the mix as the clippers and golden state. Ed wouldnt trade carney for a box of candy if there wasnt something in the works

FNM BOY
07-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Well Let time play it out!!!!