PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason NBA Finals - DAL vs DET - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Dallas Mavericks Lineup:

Tyson Chandler - Eddy Curry - Steven Hunter
David West - Boris Diaw - Steve Novak
Josh Smith - Quinton Ross - Jared Jeffries
Dwyane Wade - Rodney Stuckey - Jarvis Hayes
Devin Harris - Marko Jaric - Salim Stoudamire

NBDL: Acie Law IV and Ersan Ilysova

Detroit Pistons Lineup:

PG - Chauncey Billups | Sam Cassell | Lindsay Hunter
SG - Richard Hamilton | Devin Brown
SF - Tayshaun Prince | Devean George | Ruben Patterson
PF - Rasheed Wallace | Antonio McDyess | Michael Ruffin
C - Chris Kaman | Jason Maxiell

Dallas Mavericks have homecourt Advantage

Due to personal reasons, the Pistons do not have time to do a writeup. So the Mavericks will also skip doing a writeup to be fair. Just base your vote on the rosters and how you think it would play out.

GM voting will be allowed, but since the Pistons have two GM's and the Mavericks one GM, if the voting comes down to a vote then the GM's voting will be disqualified.

"WhatIf"
07-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I voted for the Mavericks. I liked their defense, and bench production. Having homecourt advantage doesnt hurt either...

superkegger
07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Tyson Chandler - Eddy Curry - Steven Hunter
David West - Boris Diaw - Steve Novak
Josh Smith - Quinton Ross - Jared Jeffries
Dwyane Wade - Rodney Stuckey - Jarvis Hayes
Devin Harris - Marko Jaric - Salim Stoudamire

PG - Chauncey Billups | Sam Cassell | Lindsay Hunter
SG - Richard Hamilton | Devin Brown
SF - Tayshaun Prince | Devean George | Ruben Patterson
PF - Rasheed Wallace | Antonio McDyess | Michael Ruffin
C - Chris Kaman | Jason Maxiell

For me it came down to the Mavericks having Acie Law in the NBDL, that clinched it right there. :D

Well the Center matchup is about even but Kaman is better offensively than Chandler. But Curry as a backup has an advantage over Maxiell...So its a wash.

Sheed vs West is a good matchup, and both have their advantages. I'd have to say its even. But I'll take McDyess over Diaw any day. Detroit just narrowly wins that matchup.

Josh Smith vs. Tayshaun Prince would be a great matchup to watch. I'd give the advantage to Josh Smith, because he'll be playing of the ball and is just so athletic. Not by much, but Dallas narrowly wins the matchup.

Wade takes his matchup down vs. rip, no doubt.

Harris vs billups is interesting, because billups would post him up and bully him all day, but chauncey would not be able to keep up with devins speed...but still, I gotta give the edge to chauncey.

The benches are pretty close, Stuckey is the best backup guard...but having both maxiell and mcdyess off the bench is potent...diaw is so soft too, no matter what you say, he's soft...but Curry is in a perfect role...So I think the advantage off the bench goes to Dallas.

A few other things though...we all know what kind of team detroit is, great defenders, and adding Kaman only strengthens that. So that is a definite plus.

Dallas might have trouble on defense...Josh Smith is overrated on D, and Wade gets steals but is a bit of a gambler, not necessarily a good defender. Harris has speed, which helps against paul, parker and the likes, but against billups, he's just too small. West and Chandler or both good defenders though, but still, their defense isn't as good as the pistons.

However Detroit often has problems with scoring...and they didn't really address that problem.

But Dallas really doesn't have a lot of outside shooting. You can say Ross, Marko and Salim, but those guys aren't going to get a whole lot of run.

All in all though, Dallas has a guy who can takeover, they have good enough D, and they have depth. I gotta give it to Dallas.

sanfranfan1210
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
I went with Dallas

AgentViet
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Chandler is better defensively, but Kaman is better offensively, so they cancel out. I'm a homer of West, but Sheed's a top man-man defender and would probably lock him up pretty good. Defensively, I can't say West is that great, so I give the Pistons the advantage here. Smith and Prince will lock each other down, but Smith will step in to make some huge blocks and steals defensively. Wade is too quick for Rip, so he'll definetely get at least 25 points. Harris is a solid defensive PG, but I think Billups would take this with his posting up body. I'll take the Mavs in 7.

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 01:11 PM
dallas has a way better team

PackCrewBuckBad
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
better, maybe. Way better, absurd.

Why do you have home court advantage BB41? Because the GMs voted you? Not all the GMs voted either, I don't think anyone should have home court advantage.

IDK how we didn't address scoring, we added devin brown and we got rid of Stuckey for Kaman, that is an upgrade in scoring too. Not to mention we don't even need to score as much as the past, our D got even better.

GL BB41, I think you got this easy though.

I don't know how LA almost beat you, because I think we are better than them, and we are being crushed by your right now, so no way they should have tied.

(BB41 is only winning because he is the next MO commish. Talk about abuse of power!!! :p)

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Dallas will crush them.

Bob_at_york
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I picked Dallas... home court advantage helps. I am curious where are the rankings for the other teams. I just went to the forum to check and couldn't find it.

BlondeBomber41
07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Why do you have home court advantage BB41? Because the GMs voted you? Not all the GMs voted either, I don't think anyone should have home court advantage.

Yeah, I gotta heavily voted best team over yours, thats plenty to give me home court.

I actually expected this to be alot closer, the Pistons are a very good team.

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I chose Dallas.