PDA

View Full Version : Dont We All Know How This SHOULD Work

Urbs
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Sorry to make a new thread for this....... some of you may complain, but whatever.. I dont know if this issue has been touched yet..

Rodgers is the real life equivalent to Mr. Glass from Unbreakable.. LOL Favre of course being Bruce Willis. I wish Favre would just get it though his head that this WHOLE mess could be avoided if he would just wait for Mr. Glass to get injured in the first few weeks of the season, thus opening the door and even that ******* TT to his triumphant return to Titletown and a possible SuperBowl run!!!

I mean, I dont know about you guys but I honestly do not think Mr. Glass can make it through a whole game...... Let me know what you think. GO PACKERS!!!

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Have some respect man. His name isn't Mr. Glass:rolleyes: Sure he has gotten hurt but Ive got his back like the rest of you should. I'm all in favor of Brett returning but in saying that it doesn't mean I'm going to start ripping on Aaron. I'm actually excited to see what he can bring to our team assuming Brett stays retired.

Urbs
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I am also VERY excited to see Rodgers play... But all Im saying is that if Brett just waits till Rodgers goes down, then Brett could come back and ****** TT will probably gladly take him back and there will be no conflict because Rodgers will be out anyway.. Its a win win I think. I wasn't trying to disrespect Rodgers, but as a diehard Packers fan and pretty much lifelong Brett Favre fanatic I definitely want the best chance to win, and sorry SoCal, but Favre gives us that chance over Mr Rodgers. :clap:

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 12:48 PM
sorry SoCal, but Favre gives us that chance over Mr Rodgers. :clap:

Oh, thanks for the knowledge, I had no idea. :rolleyes:

Packerbacker
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I think this is very selfish on Brett's part, if he comes back he gets a pay cut and backs up Rodgers. That's what should happen if he wants to play still, if he comes back and we make Rodger's ride the bench then our future is screwed for 1 more favre year because ARod will not play for us if we put him behind favre again.

StickyGreenFan
07-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I think this is very selfish on Brett's part, if he comes back he gets a pay cut and backs up Rodgers. That's what should happen if he wants to play still, if he comes back and we make Rodger's ride the bench then our future is screwed for 1 more favre year because ARod will not play for us if we put him behind favre again.

exactly what ive been sayin

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Why would anyone say that our future is screwed without an unproven QB in Aaron Rodgers? Mind boggling....

newdude
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Why would anyone say that our future is screwed without an unproven QB in Aaron Rodgers? Mind boggling....

For real....
Don't we want to win NOW!! I mean not all of the players are young (Key ones r the 2 corners we have) and its not guaranteed that we'll be able to keep all of our young, good players for a really long time.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Why should Favre backup Rodgers, thats just insane. What has Rodgers EVER done to win his starting spot. Held a clipboard for 3 years?? Played a good quarter and a half against the Cowboys in a prevent D?? Every other player on our team has had to earn his starting spot, why does Rodgers just get his?? I mean it's one thing if he's the best man for the job, as is the case with the other two rookie QB's. But the greatest QB of all time and last years MVP runner up should back up Rodgers because why??? Because it's his turn?? LOL Well it might be Ruvell Martins turn, but I think Greg Jennings should still be our number 2 WR. I don't think it works like that, it's not first come first serve. Well actually even if it was, FAVRE WAS F'N FIRST.

StickyGreenFan
07-08-2008, 03:41 PM
favre retired and you spent a first round pick on rogers for a reason. that means that you saw something in him that would have you believe he is a weapon and key part of the team in the future. rogers didnt say nuthin year in and year out when favre did his "i coming back/im not coming back" bit. rogers has been a team player and very patient. hes learned our system, he knows our players, hes practiced with the team, and now you wanna tell him sit down so the hall of fame player at the END of this career could have one more year?? and what if favre doesnt make it to the nfc championship game again, what was the point of all this drama?? your not making logical sense homie, you gotta think of the team... favre is the man but its not gonna help to have him come back...

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
We spent a first round on Jamal Reynolds too. Should we put Kampman on the bench?? ha ha what if Rodgers straight up blows or gets hurt. We spent a first round pick on Rodgers for a reason?? What was the reason for spending a second round on Brohm then?? Does Rodgers have to leave in a couple years because of Brohm?? Wanna know a little secret. The Chargers would be a much better team with Drew Brees than weak *** Rivers. Rivers isn't bad, but he's not all that good. He's no Drew Brees, the Chargers might have won a SB by now if they kept him. But they forced him out. That being said, Brees' last year in SD was nowhere near as good as Favres last year.

StickyGreenFan
07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
We spent a first round on Jamal Reynolds too. Should we put Kampman on the bench?? ha ha what if Rodgers straight up blows or gets hurt. We spent a first round pick on Rodgers for a reason?? What was the reason for spending a second round on Brohm then?? Does Rodgers have to leave in a couple years because of Brohm?? Wanna know a little secret. The Chargers would be a much better team with Drew Brees than weak *** Rivers. Rivers isn't bad, but he's not all that good. He's no Drew Brees, the Chargers might have won a SB by now if they kept him. But they forced him out. That being said, Brees' last year in SD was nowhere near as good as Favres last year.

u keep neglecting the fact that kampman, rogers, and brees didnt RETIRE! all the above mentioned people are backups, that means when something like oh say, retirement, happens the backups become the starters. favre retired, time to move on. u cant come in after training camp and expect the whole team to adjust back becuase of one guy, even if he is the greatest qb ever. its not a good idea...

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
ha ha training camp doesn't start for a couple weeks. All Favre has missed was mini camp, which he always used to miss for years anyway. He never really retired either, it's never been made official. Oh yeah, Kampman and Brees have paid their dues and earned their place in the NFL. Rodgers hasn't done that yet, so until he does, you don't tell the best QB ever and still a top 3 QB in the league to go sign with our competition. Not unless your a damn fool.

Rtardz
07-08-2008, 04:43 PM
favre retired and you spent a first round pick on rogers for a reason. that means that you saw something in him that would have you believe he is a weapon and key part of the team in the future. rogers didnt say nuthin year in and year out when favre did his "i coming back/im not coming back" bit. rogers has been a team player and very patient. hes learned our system, he knows our players, hes practiced with the team, and now you wanna tell him sit down so the hall of fame player at the END of this career could have one more year?? and what if favre doesnt make it to the nfc championship game again, what was the point of all this drama?? your not making logical sense homie, you gotta think of the team... favre is the man but its not gonna help to have him come back...

yeah because he fell to us when he was suppose to go earlier. And from what I know TT always goes for best available and at the time I guess they considered him the best available player at the time. We didn`t draft him because we had him on the board and kept our fingers crossed that he would fall to us it just happened. I Was actually pretty mad with that pick at the time.

newdude
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
u keep neglecting the fact that kampman, rogers, and brees didnt RETIRE! all the above mentioned people are backups, that means when something like oh say, retirement, happens the backups become the starters. favre retired, time to move on. u cant come in after training camp and expect the whole team to adjust back becuase of one guy, even if he is the greatest qb ever. its not a good idea...

The D and ST are not gonna be affected one bit and the Offense did spend more time with Favre at the helm, so I don't think it'll be that much of a drag. Oh btw, training camp hasn't even started yet...

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Can someone tell me who "rogers" is?

:laugh:

StickyGreenFan
07-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Can someone tell me who "rogers" is?

:laugh:

damn so many smart *** responses and hostility for saying that brett should stay retired. seems like an accurate response from people that are in denial about the fact that favre stay retired. and no one has answered the question what if he doesnt even get to the championship game, what will you say if he doesnt get as far as he did last year. no one also addressed the problems favre coming back will create for the future....

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Would it be any worse if we lose again in the playoffs with Favre or miss them with Rodgers? Al Harris and Charles Woodson probably won't be around by the time Rodgers hits his prime. Nor Clifton and Tauscher. Barnett and Kampman will be on the downside of their careers by then. Driver will be gone. What do you think missing the playoffs next year will do to those guys? Knowing that TT shut the door on their last chance at a winner. Why don't you think of somone besides Favre and Rodgers here. Jordy Nelson, Jenning and Hawk are the only ones that will benefit on us moving on as soon as possible.

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 05:59 PM
damn so many smart *** responses and hostility for saying that brett should stay retired. seems like an accurate response from people that are in denial about the fact that favre stay retired. and no one has answered the question what if he doesnt even get to the championship game, what will you say if he doesnt get as far as he did last year. no one also addressed the problems favre coming back will create for the future....

So you can spell damn properly but not Rodgers? Most people screw up damn for dam but Ive never seen anyone misspell Rodgers for rogers, repeatedly. Let alone a guy who says hes a fan of the team that Rodgers plays for. To answer you question unlike yourself answering mine, nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. Its not a forgone conclusion that the Green Bay Packers will be in the NFC Championship game. I will speak for myself and say that Brett Favre gives us a better chance to get to that same NFC Championship game than an unproven and unknown Aaron Rodgers. If Brett had a sub par season then yeah I would see it from your side. Your side being that you think he should stay retired. However as we all know that was not the case. He put up one of his best seasons ever and if not for Brady's career year Brett was the clear choice for MVP honors. If Brett wants to play IMO this organization owes it to him.

StickyGreenFan
07-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Would it be any worse if we lose again in the playoffs with Favre or miss them with Rodgers? Al Harris and Charles Woodson probably won't be around by the time Rodgers hits his prime. Nor Clifton and Tauscher. Barnett and Kampman will be on the downside of their careers by then. Driver will be gone. What do you think missing the playoffs next year will do to those guys? Knowing that TT shut the door on their last chance at a winner. Why don't you think of somone besides Favre and Rodgers here. Jordy Nelson, Jenning and Hawk are the only ones that will benefit on us moving on as soon as possible.

ur trippin, u get rodgers started early so within the next couple years u got a dynasty going and build experience. thats y u start rodgers this year. all the key components are in place, we could have a good team for years to come instead of starting qb controversy that will last for years to come. everyone thought when barber left the giants the were gonna be worse and what ended up happening to that team?? someone remind me i forgot...

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 06:25 PM
How do you know Rodgers is good enough or will stay healthy enough to win any dynasty. Screw a dynasty, those are pretty much dead anyway with FA the way it is these days. Unless you cheat like the Patriots. You can't win a dynasty until you win one anyway, so thats what we should be worried about. Yeah everyone thought when Brian Griese took over the Bronco's that they were going to be just as good. Why you got such a man crush on Rodgers anyway?? What's he ever done for you?

StickyGreenFan
07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
How do you know Rodgers is good enough or will stay healthy enough to win any dynasty. Screw a dynasty, those are pretty much dead anyway with FA the way it is these days. Unless you cheat like the Patriots. You can't win a dynasty until you win one anyway, so thats what we should be worried about. Yeah everyone thought when Brian Griese took over the Bronco's that they were going to be just as good. Why you got such a man crush on Rodgers anyway?? What's he ever done for you?

im a packers fan u feel me? if youre a fan of the TEAM it makes more sense to let rodgers play. but i can see that no matter what i say u got ur mind made up, so hopefully brett comes back, we can do good this year even if brett cant move for **** out of the pocket. and we worry bout the future later right? im on the bandwagon buddy! :rolleyes:

TCamPacFan
07-08-2008, 07:02 PM
He never really retired either, it's never been made official.

Bro... I don't know where you live, but I live in Costa Rica, and even everyone here knows that he held a press conference at Lambeau, where he pretty clearly stated he was retiring. Now of course you're going to say "He never officially filed the paperwork", but come on man can you honestly tell me that Brett Favre never retired from the NFL and feel good about yourself? Let's be real.

WE ALL LOVE BRETT!!! But those of us in this thread that love the Packers more are the ones with vision who can see beyond just one year. Great teams are built on 5 year plans, not a one year, let's hope we get lucky shot. I don't like everything TT does, but the guy knows how to build one helluva football team, and frankly, I trust his skills better than anyone's in this thread.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
How many games has he missed? Training camp hasn't even started.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Bro... I don't know where you live, but I live in Costa Rica, and even everyone here knows that he held a press conference at Lambeau, where he pretty clearly stated he was retiring. Now of course you're going to say "He never officially filed the paperwork", but come on man can you honestly tell me that Brett Favre never retired from the NFL and feel good about yourself? Let's be real.

WE ALL LOVE BRETT!!! But those of us in this thread that love the Packers more are the ones with vision who can see beyond just one year. Great teams are built on 5 year plans, not a one year, let's hope we get lucky shot. I don't like everything TT does, but the guy knows how to build one helluva football team, and frankly, I trust his skills better than anyone's in this thread.

Yeah Peyton probably has less than 5 years left, so they should probably work on pulling the plug on that thing too huh. It's not worth trying to win in the next couple years. They might be able to win again in 5 with another QB if they start right now. Do you see how ridiculous it sounds??

TCamPacFan
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey man... Sorgi is the back-up, sounds good to me! haha! ;) Great argument...

Seriously though, I dug this up for you, because you seem to have some short term memory loss.

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=DE1C80A58FBEC29EDD0826DC01AA6C66 ?videoId=09000d5d80713c5b

And since when is not missing a practice/game not retiring? I just want this on record. If Favre sends a letter asking to be taken off the reserve/retired list, and is reinstated in the league, you will boldly state that it is a FACT that Favre never retired?

TCamPacFan
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I wish I could ask Favre if he agreed with you...

newdude
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
im a packers fan u feel me? if youre a fan of the TEAM it makes more sense to let rodgers play. but i can see that no matter what i say u got ur mind made up, so hopefully brett comes back, we can do good this year even if brett cant move for **** out of the pocket. and we worry bout the future later right? im on the bandwagon buddy! :rolleyes:

He may not be the most mobile QB, but he have the veteren awareness, did u not see the plays he made in breaking away from sacks and keeping the plays alive. Remember he is the iron man of the NFL and u really can't say Rodgers is one now can u?:eyebrow: So mobility means ***** if u can't stay healthy. OOHHH look what mobility brought to Culpepper and Vick.

TCamPacFan
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I've got it!!!

Let Favre come back. Take him back with open arms. Let Brett and Aaron battle it out for the starting job. May the best man win! That is football boys. If Favre is still the best man for the job he will win, and Aaron can't be upset. If Aaron wins the job, then Brett will know he had his shot. And most importantly to me, and true Packer's fans, we would be the best team we could possibly be.

How about them apples?

TCamPacFan
07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I've got it!!!

Let Favre come back. Take him back with open arms. Let Brett and Aaron battle it out for the starting job. May the best man win! That is what you call football boys. If Favre is still the best man for the job he will win, and Aaron can't be upset. But if Aaron wins the job, then Brett will know he had his shot, and he can do as he chooses. And most importantly to me, and true Packer's fans, we would be the best team we could possibly be.

Nothing wrong with a little health competition right?

darwin31
07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
^ Dude, how many different threads did you post this in? And how many times in each thread?

This responce, as unrealistic as it seems, begs the question of how these qb competitions are acutally played out. What, they take an equal amount of snaps in practice, running the same plays and whoever has the better #'s wins? That doesnt factor in if the reciever catches the ball, if the line performs the same way, if the defense is playing the same way.

It also doesnt factor whether your trying to compare the greatest qb in franchise history to a guy, who to date, has only stuck his foot in his mouth and got a hair cut.

My point is that qb competitions are for the most part subjective, Favre will not loose.

meandering
07-10-2008, 03:07 AM
Facts are facts......in the playoffs since 1998 Favre sucks ***! Everyone saw him force the ball to Driver while 2 or 3 other options were wide open in the NFC championship.....or was I the only one who saw that?

Why do I want Favre exposed to some young stud coming around the corner....(L Taylor) and snapping his leg or arm (J Theismann)?

he is feeding his own ego.....hiding behind his agent, family, and reporter friends.

Urbs
07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I am so torn by this whole issue, and I really wish Favre would have just never retired in the first place.. I badly want the future of the pack to be in good hands but at the same time, I truly feel Rodgers just doesnt have the toughness needed by an NFL QB. The guy might be fragile.. Favre is so the opposite its kind of funny. We already know Favre can play ball, I mean that goes without saying, its just so hard to tell one of, if not the best QB of all time to go away..

I wish this whole mess could just go away, Favre is my guy and always will be.. However, I do think this whole thing is by his own doing and maybe he needed to just act wanted instead of having to be constantly reminded and babied.

Go Packers!!

Jambox5000
07-10-2008, 04:27 PM

No, we spent that first round pick on Aaron Rodger's because we were either A. Lucky or B. Ignorant of things other team's saw as negatives in him to fall all the way to #24. Prior to that draft I remember the Niner's openly contemplating picking him with the first overall because of Alex Smith's reluctance to sign with them. So I tend to go with the luck thing, especially considering how Alex Smith has seemed to turn out.

Jambox5000
07-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Facts are facts......in the playoffs since 1998 Favre sucks ***! Everyone saw him force the ball to Driver while 2 or 3 other options were wide open in the NFC championship.....or was I the only one who saw that?

Why do I want Favre exposed to some young stud coming around the corner....(L Taylor) and snapping his leg or arm (J Theismann)?

he is feeding his own ego.....hiding behind his agent, family, and reporter friends.

You want him exposed to the young "stud" so he can sidestep him and throw a 50 yard TD to a streaking Greg Jennings, that's why.

newdude
07-10-2008, 04:36 PM

Yeah, lets put all the blame on Favre and forget how the defense stunk it up in the game also.:rolleyes:And also forget how if it wasn't for Favre, we probably wouldn't have made it to the playoffs in the first place. Oh yeah, regarding the past playoffs after 1998, let's forget how horrible our defense was and it put so much pressure on the offense.

One more thing, lets forget that other QBs like P. Manning, regarded as "one of the best QB" right now, also stink in the playoffs. :eyebrow:

SO by ur standards, all bad QB performances in the playoffs is a total no-no and its all his fault and not the team's at all, even if he's good in regular season, so screw them QBS.:rolleyes:

TCamPacFan
07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
My point is that qb competitions are for the most part subjective, Favre will not loose.

Yeah, blame the multiple posts on crappy internet here in Costa Rica. I did put it in two threads, which I think is pretty meager considering there is about 12 or so posts right now, running on the same thing!

I don't agree with either of your points bro. There are subjective points but in four pre-season games you can get some real raw data, and I truly believe Favre could potentially lose the job to Aaron. Rodgers is a sick QB and what he lacks in experience he makes up with skill and mobility.

I'm also tired of hearing about his lack of durability. He is no Favre, no one is, but mark my words he will make it through this entire year, uninjured. He's just had a couple unlucky accidents.

Two things for sure though. One, as a sports fan, it would be super fun to watch. And two, despite the fact it is the fairest solution and the most entertaining, it will never happen!

Rtardz
07-10-2008, 05:55 PM

It`s always easy to be an arm chair qb and criticize someone from the comfort of your own home. I`m sure its alot harder when the game is moving that fast and its negative 30 degrees with 250-300 pound linemen in your face and chasing you down. Point is it`s easier to look at the tape now and complain but try being in that moment I`m sure it was hard to see that or he would`nt have thrown it to Driver.

Ryan Diesel
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
The ball didn't come out of his hand right, it was F'n freezing out. We shouldn't have let it get to OT anyway, especially on the coldest day of the year. We had our chances in the first 4 quarters to win that game that were not Favre's fault. If we had even tried to run the ball just a little we would have won that game if you ask me.

Ryan Diesel
07-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Favre has had some pretty good games in the playoffs in the last ten year actually, but he's had some bad one. Most of those seasons we had no business whatsoever being in the playoffs in the first place if Favre hadn't pulled some amazing shhistuff out his assss in the regular season.

hughest4
07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Brett hasn't been the best playoff QB in the last 10 years, but i don't think i'll ever blame him for us losing the NFC Championship Game. Everybody has seen the pictures of all the receivers open when he forced it to Driver and threw the pick, but who knows what it really looked like on the field. He just made a bad throw in terrible conditions. If the weather had been better i think he could have completed that to DD 8 out of 10 times

Kindomatic
07-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Welcome back Favre and fenagle him into two more years. Trade Rodgers. Groom Brohm. We are set. I just don't feel Rodgers. But that's just me.