PDA

View Full Version : Brewers are interested in Durham and Taschner

giantspwn
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
per foxsports....via the chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl....DTL&no_cj_c=0

Foxsports.com reported Monday that the Brewers, whose farm system remains loaded even after the Sabathia deal, are interested in Durham and lefty Jack Taschner.

What kind of prospects would you give up for Jack and Ray, if any at all? The Giants are looking for corner/middle infielder prospects..

Brew Crew
07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Ray Durham would serve as a back-up. He has partly in SF.

favre_4life
07-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Yah i wouldn't mind getting Durham for a backup. I think he would really help in the postseason. He is a veteran, and a solid batter.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Durham has been swinging well lately. Remember this his contract year.

brewersfan729
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
What kind of prospects would you give up for Jack and Ray, if any at all?

Not good ones.

jtrinaldi
07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok, giants fans are so obsessed with trading with the brewers, why? Were stacked with prospects, all the timem, no thanks, taschner wont happen, i heard ron mahay. We traded for cc and need a reliever that can take 4 innings at most, taschner can go 2 innings. I think after the year, fielder will be signed or moved,, SAN FRAN????

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok, giants fans are so obsessed with trading with the brewers, why? Were stacked with prospects, all the timem, no thanks, taschner wont happen, i heard ron mahay. We traded for cc and need a reliever that can take 4 innings at most, taschner can go 2 innings. I think after the year, fielder will be signed or moved,, SAN FRAN????

Not for Cain or Lincecum, and I dont know what else the Giants have that the Brewers would be interested in. So I dont see it happening.

Segway2_89
07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I remember hearing about the Crew wanting Ray in the off season. At this point it won't happen nor would I want it to.

wissportsfan
07-09-2008, 02:07 AM
I didn't really know this before but Jack Taschner is from Milwaukee and went to college at Oshkosh.

WI Sports Fan
07-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Kind of surprised to hear Durham's name come up considering how much Yost loves Counsell. There wouldn't be enough room on the roster for both of those guys. Ray would certainly be a nice improvement though, and I would be a lot more comfortable with him starting at 2B if (or when) Weeks goes down again.

As for Taschner, he has done real well this year, but was terrible in each of the past 2 seasons. With Shouse and Stetter already out there, I don't think it would make much sense to add another lefty to the mix.

I think it would be worth adding both players simply because they should be pretty cheap to acquire, but it wouldn't make much of an impact.

meandering
07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Kind of surprised to hear Durham's name come up considering how much Yost loves Counsell. There wouldn't be enough room on the roster for both of those guys. Ray would certainly be a nice improvement though, and I would be a lot more comfortable with him starting at 2B if (or when) Weeks goes down again.

As for Taschner, he has done real well this year, but was terrible in each of the past 2 seasons. With Shouse and Stetter already out there, I don't think it would make much sense to add another lefty to the mix.

I think it would be worth adding both players simply because they should be pretty cheap to acquire, but it wouldn't make much of an impact.

IMO....we could pick up bullpen help as this is where we have our most glaring need. We could wait for rosters to expand, and call up the guys you mentioned. We could lose Mota, and a couple others as well.
I agree though Counsel and Joe Dillon are serving the roles you are trying to trade for.

Brew Crew
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
IMO....we could pick up bullpen help as this is where we have our most glaring need. We could wait for rosters to expand, and call up the guys you mentioned. We could lose Mota, and a couple others as well.
I agree though Counsel and Joe Dillon are serving the roles you are trying to trade for.

Joe Dillon has barely been a part of this team. Durham can come in at anytime in any situation and the veteran is better suited for this type of race in my opinion.

Mota is all but gone now.