PDA

View Full Version : Archibald Turns Down The Nba

phlp_bj
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Here GB sensation Robert Archibald reveals why he turned down one of the NBA's teams of the moment to sign with Euroleague power Unicaja Malaga...

ROBERT Archibald accepts his NBA dream is finally over after turning down interest from the New Orleans Hornets for a two-year contract with ACB outfit Malaga.

The 6'10" Scot, the cornerstone of the national team's all-conquering 2007 summer campaign, was invited to join the Hornets' summer league team.

But his League MVP season with Ukranian champs Mariupol was enough to convince Unicaja that Arch was worth a two-year investment.

And faced with the chance of a guarantee with one of Europe's leading lights, Archibald had a simple choice to make.

He told Basketball 24/7: "I had been planning on summer league and New Orleans were really interested. It seemed I was going to have a good opportunity to make their team.

"That seemed like a great situation but then the Malaga thing came up two or three weeks ago. In fact, I had offers come in from four teams in Spain but, obviously, Malaga was the most attractive out of them.

http://www.basketball247.co.uk/features/archives/00000040.shtml

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
ewm....i never heard of this guy...is it tiny archibalds son?

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Just about to ask the same thing

ninja
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2nd round (3rd pick, 31st overall) of the 2002 NBA draft. played for the grizzlies,suns,Magic and raptors.

And no hes not tinys son.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotland/home/images/personality/robert_archibald.jpg

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
lmao its a white guy!

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow, pretty arrogant move to turn down the NBA.

I mean who would want to get paid a mill playing basketball, helping kids learn how to read, and taking part in what is considered "The Best" league on the globe?... :rolleyes:

marvILLous
07-08-2008, 12:58 PM

really? :S he used to play for the raptors. chuck used to call him and lonny baxter the banger brothers lol...

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I remember him playing for the Raptors. I remembered him sucking and I especially remembered the time he air-balled a free throw. After that, I forgot about him.

SDBearsFan
07-08-2008, 06:22 PM
DId he play for the Illini or am I thinking of another Archibald

nwknet
07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
that is him from the Illini