PDA

View Full Version : More Haters or More Bandwagon Fans?

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 10:37 AM
When a team is winning a lot like Titles or they are in the finals yearly (ECF/WCF) such as the Celtics of the 60's, Celtics/Lakers of the 80's, Bulls of the 90's, Lakers/Spurs of the 2000's and this past season for Boston and the Lakers. With that in mind, are there more fans who are Haters or more Bandwagon fans?

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
When a team is winning a lot like Titles or they are in the finals yearly (ECF/WCF) such as the Celtics of the 60's, Celtics/Lakers of the 80's, Bulls of the 90's, Lakers/Spurs of the 2000's and this past season for Boston and the Lakers. With that in mind, are there more fans who are Haters or more Bandwagon fans?

Let me just end this thread rather quickly.

When you see people across the globe wearing Laker jerseys, you know it's nothing but bandwagoners.

When I saw that Iraqi boy with a Kobe jersey on burning the American flag, it automatically clicked in my head.

EDIT: Well, I don't know. The bandwagoners turn people into haters, so it's kind of even.

Pran Raznor
07-08-2008, 10:49 AM
The bandwagoners turn people into haters, so it's kind of even.

I'm already starting to hate the Blazers

lakers4sho
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm already starting to hate the Blazers

I hated them since 2000

BALLER71
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
When the Celtics started winning people magically started going to the games.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
I really dont care because im a heat fan for life, but there are people in this forum that one day they go for the Heat and the next there going to the Celtics. And Im not going to say anynames............ Because i really dont care. I think there more Haters Though

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Haters

patriotsrock2k2
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
When the Celtics started winning people magically started going to the games.

Naturally - most people aren't gonna drop 80 bucks to watch a team get whooped 75% of the time. Most watch from home every once in a while and follow new news by means of the paper, radio, and internet. It happens with every team: success increases interest and willingness to spend money and effort to travel to a game - going to games takes more than just dedication because people have lives to worry about as well. There's more than just one way (going to games) to show dedication (listening to the latest news on the way to work).

There are more haters when the team and/or other teams in the city repeat(s), but more bandwagon fans when the team wins one because less outside the city are gonna hate on a team that wins once.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Naturally - most people aren't gonna drop 80 bucks to watch a team get whooped 75% of the time. Most watch from home every once in a while and follow new news by means of the paper, radio, and internet. It happens with every team: success increases interest and willingness to spend money and effort to travel to a game - going to games takes more than just dedication because people have lives to worry about as well. There's more than just one way (going to games) to show dedication (listening to the latest news on the way to work).

There are more haters when the team and/or other teams in the city repeat(s), but more bandwagon fans when the team wins one because less outside the city are gonna hate on a team that wins once.

The Packers have sold out every game for the last 30 something years. They were a horrible team a few years ago for like a 3-4 year span.

What you said is not true.

patriotsrock2k2
07-08-2008, 11:32 AM
would u say in most cases it is true or for the most part not true at all?

i think it might have to be taken on a case by case, team by team, sport by sport basis. very situational. for example a 16 game season can't be looked at the same as an 82 or 162 game season.

Giaps
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Bandwagoners.

There weren't this many Celtic fans around here before last summer.

AK-50
07-08-2008, 11:44 AM

i dont go to games always expecting my team to win im just there to have a good time so if people in Boston cant have a good time just because their team will loose they should move somewhere where the team is winning or just change teams all together not just wait for the team to win

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Bandwagoners.

Tell me about it.

patriotsrock2k2
07-08-2008, 12:03 PM
i dont go to games always expecting my team to win im just there to have a good time so if people in Boston cant have a good time just because their team will loose they should move somewhere where the team is winning or just change teams all together not just wait for the team to win

who says they aren't watching from home still?

Joshtd1
07-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Well there were alot of the Celtics bandwagoners on here, but that is pretty much all I've seen in terms on PSD lately.

Im sure there are plenty of bandwagon Laker fans, but hell..the Laker fan population is so huge here already it's hard to tell.

I think there are more haters.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Well there were alot of the Celtics bandwagoners on here, but that is pretty much all I've seen in terms on PSD lately.

Im sure there are plenty of bandwagon Laker fans, but hell..the Laker fan population is so huge here already it's hard to tell.

I think there are more haters.

Yeah when you have Laker fans in China and Iraq something is terribly wrong.

I'm expecting to see another Iraqi boy burning the USA flag, only this time KG will be on his back. :laugh2:

Gilbert>TheRest
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
The Packers have sold out every game for the last 30 something years. They were a horrible team a few years ago for like a 3-4 year span.

What you said is not true.

the nba is different for the nfl. the performance of an nfl team has hardly anything to do with ticket sales

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

BigSteve
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Definetly more haters. People are pissed when another team whoops up on theirs and wins. Bandwagoners usually are mostly in the city who did not care about their team before they got good.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Definetly more haters. People are pissed when another team whoops up on theirs and wins. Bandwagoners usually are mostly in the city who did not care about their team before they got good.

Not true!

I play basketball at my college's rec center.

About 95% are in favor of the Lakers.

Hint: We don't live in California.

Reezy
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Play NBA Live 08. There are seriously only people picking Boston and Lakers lately. The great part is, it doesn't seem to matter since I whoop up on them with the Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Clippers. They usually leave about 3 quarters into the game since I'm beating them by about 20 points or so.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Play NBA Live 08. There are seriously only people picking Boston and Lakers lately. The great part is, it doesn't seem to matter since I whoop up on them with the Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Clippers. They usually leave about 3 quarters into the game since I'm beating them by about 20 points or so.

Oh it's the same on NBA 2k8.

That's funny, I usually get the Clippers just to perform an upset too!

patriotsrock2k2
07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
haha true

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 06:15 PM

Haha.. I upset those teams with Raptors or Hornets.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-08-2008, 06:22 PM
bandwagon fans. How else do you explain people who are fans of the yankees, lakers, and an NFL team from another city than that.

By the way I love this type of fan and how they justify that they aren't bandwagon even though their sig says it all:D

AK-50
07-08-2008, 06:26 PM
who says they aren't watching from home still?

probably were embarrassed to admit it that they were and thats not really a fan if theyre embarrassed to like a team

patriotsrock2k2
07-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Personally, I'm miserable when my team is losing, right after they lose, and until they win again so I would not be able to enjoy myself at all. That's because I'm passionate though, not because I'm embarassed. That's just me though.

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 09:41 AM
bandwagon fans. How else do you explain people who are fans of the yankees, lakers, and an NFL team from another city than that.

By the way I love this type of fan and how they justify that they aren't bandwagon even though their sig says it all:D

You couldn't be any more wrong. I guess i'm a bandwagon Heat fan because I don't live in Miami? Yet i've been a fan before Dwyane Wade was even there. I'm a bandwagon fan because I don't live in Pittsburgh yet i've been a fan all my life? I had the perfect opportunity to hop on a bandwagon for the Pistons when they won it all, but I hate them...even though I live in Detroit. Your logic is flawed, try again.

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I personally hate ban waganers......I've been a Raptor fan since day 1, 1993....weve been loosing, forever it feels like....I have the same tatoo as ther first rookie we ever sleceted......I never jumped teams....With that said I'm a fan of the whole nba and if I cheer for other teams...it's underdogs and youth teams.....GO RAPS...it's our year...BRING ON BOSTON

chicagowhitesox
07-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Sooooooooo many bandwagon jumpers.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-09-2008, 12:50 PM
You couldn't be any more wrong. I guess i'm a bandwagon Heat fan because I don't live in Miami? Yet i've been a fan before Dwyane Wade was even there. I'm a bandwagon fan because I don't live in Pittsburgh yet i've been a fan all my life? I had the perfect opportunity to hop on a bandwagon for the Pistons when they won it all, but I hate them...even though I live in Detroit. Your logic is flawed, try again.

you don't fit what I was talking about so don't get offended. I was describing someone who lives in kansas for instance who likes the cowboys, lakers, and yankees, very original:rolleyes:. And there's plenty of them on here. What really gets me is how can someone be a fan of a new york team and an LA team?:confused: The hypocrisy is hilarious:D

ee
07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Well when you're team is rebuilding like mine, then jumping around is really there just to keep us out being bored.....

I jumped on the Celtics bandwagon the very early part of last season, watched every single one of their games, then after the Gasol trade, I watched the Lakers more than I watched the Nets just because their a more exciting team to watch....

I routed for the Lakers and will do the same next season coz there's really nothing much to cheer for in NJ for another 2 years.....

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
you don't fit what I was talking about so don't get offended. I was describing someone who lives in kansas for instance who likes the cowboys, lakers, and yankees, very original:rolleyes:. And there's plenty of them on here. What really gets me is how can someone be a fan of a new york team and an LA team?:confused: The hypocrisy is hilarious:D

My bad bro.

18colts29
07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I know one thing. Their has never been this many Celtics sigs, until this year. They are the joke of the league. Their are a few true Celtics fans thru the good and bad, but when they get KG and Allen they been Celtics fans for 20 years. Everyone needs to get of the bandwagon before it breaks. Im not saying all Celtic fans just jumped on, but most did within the last year. Im always going to be a Pacers fan no matter how bad or good they are. I will also be a Kobe fan no matter where he plays, LA, Memphis, New York, or Bangkcock Thailand.

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 06:30 PM
There are definitely a lot of "Young" Celtic bandwagon fans.

LakerzDQ
07-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Bandwagoners.

yep. it's funny how celtic fans pop out only when they're winning.