PDA

View Full Version : How many titles will the Trio of Kobe, Gasol and Bynum win?

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Similar to the following threads:

Boston Celtics Trio of KG, Pierce and Ray (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137896&highlight=Titles+Pierce+Allen)

Rockets Duo of T-mac and Yao (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243263)

Nuggets Duo of Melo and AI (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154312&highlight=titles)

Suns Trio of Nash, Amare and Marion - older (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168022&highlight=titles)

How many titles will the Trio of Kobe, Gasol and Bynum win?

Kobe will be 30 at the beginning of the season
Gasol will be 28 at the beginning of the season
Bynum will be 21 at the beginning of the season

NOTE: Didn't include Odom because I'm not sure how long he will be around or if he would be traded.

MiamiHeat
07-08-2008, 10:25 AM
1 or none

raptors_516
07-08-2008, 10:26 AM
1 or 2

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
They are good enough to be able to get 2 titles.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I'd say 2.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM
If they don't win it next year they won't win one at all.

Kobe will never get more help to carry him through this, so if they make it to the Finals again he better show up that time.

Gasol is injury prone, you never know how long he will stay healthy, and Kobe's body isn't as healthy as some want to make us believe. Their window is much shorter than most of you think.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Kobe will never get more help to drag him through this, so if they make it to the Finals again he better show up that time.

This is a good point.

I mean let's face it, the West (along with the East as well) is just getting better and better...

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 10:36 AM
And according to history the Spurs have to win it again next year.

It's always: East, Spurs, East, Spurs.... :D

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 10:37 AM

I hate the Spurs, but damnit do I respect them....

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 10:41 AM

Let's see if they can take Boston. Spurs have had homecourt in each finals they have been in.

marques724
07-08-2008, 10:48 AM
I think 2 or 3

lakers4sho
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
If they manage to acquire better role players...3 isn't a far-fetched prediction. As of right now, they're good enough to win at least 2 in the next 5 years.

Vidball
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I said 3...Kobe and Pau are in their primes and Bynum will only get better and better. On top of that, Odom is a great option to have (especially with his $14M expiring)...if he works out they can keep him, if he doesn't they should be able to get a very good player for him. I think they'll win between 2-4 so I picked 3.

Tblaze
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
2 max, next year boston is still around, and the spurs, and the Hornets, and the Jazz...

just too many good teams to get alot of titles, there's too many teams that could beat them... This year they were lucky with Denver in the first round, if you get 3 hard teams in a row, the chances of going to the finals is alot smaller...

Vidball
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
^^Thats what happens when you finish with the best record in the league...they never even had their complete team together last season and still finished #1. This season they should be #1 seed again and they'll get to play the #8 again.

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I say 2.

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I said 2 as well. They should be able to get 1 for sure and 2 more than likely. Not sure they would get more though.

Beno7500
07-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Zero (ONLY a Finals Appearance)

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I'd say one or two.

cmellofan15
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I hate the Spurs, but damnit do I respect them....

hahahahaha anchorman

but really the dude who made the thread put marion on the suns and the trio cp3/dwest/and chandler is going 2 dominate

Packersfan
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
i think if they DONT win 1, they all need 2 be ashamed. W/ that being stated, id go with 1 or 2.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
1. Lakers will win it in 2 years, and after that it will be all Blazers imo.

BleedPurple
07-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey, you never know. As long as the NBA keeps fixing games for us Id say we have a shot to win it every year.
Seriously though, Id say 3 of the next uummmmm............3. But hey Im a Laker fan what else would I say.

t-mac1nukka
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
a big 0!!!

BH-Sports
07-08-2008, 06:40 PM

Kobe will never get more help to carry him through this, so if they make it to the Finals again he better show up that time.

Gasol is injury prone, you never know how long he will stay healthy, and Kobe's body isn't as healthy as some want to make us believe. Their window is much shorter than most of you think.

What the heck are you saying bro.. Gasol is a injury prone? Whens the last time he got injured? HE STEPPED ON Radmanovichs foot. Anybody can get a injury off of that. Plus he was out for a weak..

Kobe isnt health as some want to make us believe?? lmao.. please remind me the last time he got injured please..

Bynum is only going to get better. the young stars of farmar, bynum , vujich will certainly help out.. lmao plus they can alwasy use Lamar as a good trading bait. LAKERS HATER

crew158
07-08-2008, 06:42 PM
4+

futureman
07-08-2008, 06:49 PM
It will have to be this year because they won't beat portland when they gain momentum.

Cracka2HI!
07-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I went with 1. They still could be a dynasty, but they also could have gotten exposed by Boston. Expect every team to try to throw the defense Boston used to shut down Kobe at them every game.

THE_FLASH_21
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
maybe might sneak one....

clutchfan
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
zerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:down:

PrymaL
07-08-2008, 08:14 PM
I went with 1. They still could be a dynasty, but they also could have gotten exposed by Boston. Expect every team to try to throw the defense Boston used to shut down Kobe at them every game.

True but not every team is hungry like KG, pierce and allen.

kobynum2417
07-08-2008, 08:15 PM
i feel a 3 peat coming

clutchfan
07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
i feel a 3 peat coming

I DONT. :guns:============LAKERS:down:

Leftcoast_yg
07-09-2008, 12:10 AM
I DONT. :guns:============LAKERS:down:

i see you had some haterade today:eyebrow:

WillisLovechild
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM
i said two. within the next 4 to 5 years kobe will still be an elite player, gasol will still be solid, and bynum will continue his progression. they can definitely get one, and i would not be surprised if they got two.

kobe2008mvp
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
i say 3-5 minnimum and max because they have the best sf in the league the best player in the league and the next dwight howard ab17. so stop hating on the lakers and put atleast 2 haters.

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Atleast 1!!!!

LAKERS 24/7
07-09-2008, 01:36 AM
i say 3-5 minnimum and max because they have the best sf in the league the best player in the league and the next dwight howard ab17. so stop hating on the lakers and put atleast 2 haters.

I don't know who your talking about, but i don't think lamar odom, radmanovich, trevor ariza, or luke walton are better than lebron james?

Zefflin
07-09-2008, 01:46 AM
If the core stays healthy they'll win for the next 4 years straight.

KmB728
07-09-2008, 02:02 AM
If the core stays healthy they'll win for the next 4 years straight.

And the award for homer of the year goes to Zefflin :clap:

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm gonna say a minimum 12-pete....

No I would say they will get one....3 is far fetched...they only have one superstar and some guys who still have alot to prove....that was the most lop-sided 6 game Finals I have ever seen....was never close....and Kobe didn't show up....and that defensive front court is not great by any stretch of the imagination....in fact they are pretty poor....

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 02:20 AM
I'd say 2.

My man Crunchy showing some laker love, anyway, I would say we have the talent to win 3 titles.

lakerboy
07-09-2008, 02:26 AM
3 at the least :)

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 02:29 AM

First of all....if you say the Lakers will win at least two....isn't that hating on the rest of the NBA in a way?

Second of all....best SF in the leauge?? Kobe is the only guy on the team who I would consider top 5 at thier position....maybe with the exception of Pau at PF....

Third of all....AB17....as you like to call him....has alot of upside....yes....but why has he become the surest thing in the NBA in the eyes of some Lakers fans for putting up 13/9 and then having microfracture surgery....I don't get it....why put that much pressure on the kid?

TheBatchelor213
07-09-2008, 02:36 AM
they will be hard pressed to make it back to the finals.

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 02:44 AM

Interesting take....why do you say that?

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 02:46 AM

Why?

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 02:48 AM
Interesting take....why do you say that?

LA's frontline is on defense will improve with a healthy Bynum.

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 02:48 AM
I see alot of positive things about the Lakers....they had an outstanding season this past year without Bynum....who is not a megastar....but a solid big man who is stronger and more of a defensive presence than Gasol in the middle....with Gasol freed up to play the 4 spot....the Lakers are that much more dangerous....but that Odom/Gasol tandem at the forward spots....is very weak defensively....alot of rumours going around about trading Odom for a wing defender....like Gerald Wallace....i'm interested to see if something like that goes down....

juggla53
07-09-2008, 03:02 AM
I deffinatley think they will get atleast one, its hard to say how long they will stay together and thats a huge factor, alot can change in a year. However if they stay together say 4-5 years i deffinatley dont see two or three to be out of the question. They are still an extremely young team. Ill say atleast one deffinatley but if theyre together a couple years ill go with up to three.

madiaz3
07-09-2008, 03:03 AM
I've never seen Odom as a liability on defense.

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 03:07 AM
DreamShaker you seem to have a good insight about basketball, this is off the topic but I would like to get your opinion on who are the 5 best bball players ever? Also, the 5 best in today's game?

I sent you a PM....

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 03:09 AM
I've never seen Odom as a liability on defense.

He's not a liability persay....but he's not an impact player at the defensive end by any means...and he's not strong enough to handle guys like Brand, Duncan, or Boozer in the post and not quick enough to keep up with guys like Pierce, Lebron, or T-Mac on the wing....so he's pretty much not gonna lock anybody down...and Gasol and Bynum arent good enough defenders to make up for that...the Celtics were getting to the basket at will....

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2008, 03:11 AM
First of all....if you say the Lakers will win at least two....isn't that hating on the rest of the NBA in a way?

Second of all....best SF in the leauge?? Kobe is the only guy on the team who I would consider top 5 at thier position....maybe with the exception of Pau at PF....

Third of all....AB17....as you like to call him....has alot of upside....yes....but why has he become the surest thing in the NBA in the eyes of some Lakers fans for putting up 13/9 and then having microfracture surgery....I don't get it....why put that much pressure on the kid?

I'm sorry, but I have to correct you. Andrew Bynum did not have microfracture surgery....

Microfracture surgery is considered the worst in sports and takes about a year or so to come back from...

Andrew Bynum had a routine scope, which is the least serious knee surgery you could have so I don't get your analysis there.

Also, Andrew Bynum averaged 13/10 while also averaging 19/13 in his 5 previous games before injury in only about 30 minutes per game and that was not a random accident, he averaged 14 and 11 the month before. I know you love the Rockets and I bet if Carl Landry started averaging 19 and 13, you would be loving him also. Am I wrong?

I think, if healthy (and that is a big if for any team) then the Lakers can possibly, possibly win 4 (and that is a pretty big possibly). I'm not sure any more because it all depends on Bynum. He's only 20 and it's is possible 6 or 7 years from now, he can be carrying the team while Kobe is older and is more of a second option. Who knows? It's hard to tell with injuries and such. Didn't everyone think the threesome of Lenny Bias/Larry Bird/ Kevin McHale was gonna win 3-5 ships? So nobody knows. If they stay healthy and Bynum progresses at the rapid rate he was as well as the Laker role players, then the sky is the limit for this team.

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 03:14 AM
I sent you a PM....

Cool, thanks for the insight, valid arguments for today's players.

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 03:19 AM
The key for La is slowing down guard penetration and having Bynum anchor the defense, it's all about how well they play team defense.

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 03:20 AM
We have the talent to win 2 or 3 titles.

Silver.
07-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Maybe 1,Kobes gunna Opt out when he has the chance

OaklandsFinest
07-09-2008, 03:28 AM
I don't think any. Either they'll trade one of em, lose Kobe in the offseason, or they just won't win one, due to too much size, not enough quickness. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom, big but too crowded.

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to correct you. Andrew Bynum did not have microfracture surgery....

Microfracture surgery is considered the worst in sports and takes about a year or so to come back from...

Andrew Bynum had a routine scope, which is the least serious knee surgery you could have so I don't get your analysis there.

Also, Andrew Bynum averaged 13/10 while also averaging 19/13 in his 5 previous games before injury in only about 30 minutes per game and that was not a random accident, he averaged 14 and 11 the month before. I know you love the Rockets and I bet if Carl Landry started averaging 19 and 13, you would be loving him also. Am I wrong?

I think, if healthy (and that is a big if for any team) then the Lakers can possibly, possibly win 4 (and that is a pretty big possibly). I'm not sure any more because it all depends on Bynum. He's only 20 and it's is possible 6 or 7 years from now, he can be carrying the team while Kobe is older and is more of a second option. Who knows? It's hard to tell with injuries and such. Didn't everyone think the threesome of Lenny Bias/Larry Bird/ Kevin McHale was gonna win 3-5 ships? So nobody knows. If they stay healthy and Bynum progresses at the rapid rate he was as well as the Laker role players, then the sky is the limit for this team.

Ah ok....I read somewhere he might still need microfracture surgery just now...but that from from awhile back so I guess he's good to go....for some reason I thought he had it....but yeah I was wrong....

But getting to your point about Bynum....i'm not down on Bynum and would be an idiot if I was....the guy has alot of potential to be a real low post threat and a great post defender as well as a shot-blocker in around the basket....but superstar material is a wait and see....we might not know till he's 27 or 28....big men sometimes take a long time to reach thier full potential....and he might not hit his peak till Kobe is already past his prime....Bynum is far from a sure thing to be this transendant beast people are talking about....he is a huge piece and yeah I am not ruling out multiple championships for the Lakers....but to say they are gonna win 3-5....is just an extreme stretch....considering they have yet to win one with this core....just saying kinda pipe-dreamish:shrug:

As far as Landry goes....if he put up those numbers in a 5 game stretch....I would be happy....but also not hold my breath for him to be Karl Malone....i'm setting my goals low....second round would make me happy....:D

As far as Bias/McHale/Bird/Parish goes....when Bias was drafted....they had already won 3 championships together.....hard to compare them to a Lakers team who just got handled in the Finals....and has not won a single championship together....

DreamShaker
07-09-2008, 03:33 AM
The key for La is slowing down guard penetration and having Bynum anchor the defense, it's all about how well they play team defense.

The team offense is a thing of pure beauty....defense is what needs to be worked on no doubt....they showed stretches of great team defense....so if yall added a few pieces with a defensive mindset....that would be the ideal situation....and it would be hard to bet against L.A. next year...

Lakersfan2483
07-09-2008, 03:37 AM
The team offense is a thing of pure beauty....defense is what needs to be worked on no doubt....they showed stretches of great team defense....so if yall added a few pieces with a defensive mindset....that would be the ideal situation....and it would be hard to bet against L.A. next year...

LA needs a defensive minded backup forward/center like Kurt Thomas. Also, bring in a defensive guard/forward like Battier, I would trade Odom for Battier and B. Jackson. Lol. trying to steal your players.

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Ah ok....I read somewhere he might still need microfracture surgery just now...but that from from awhile back so I guess he's good to go....for some reason I thought he had it....but yeah I was wrong....

But getting to your point about Bynum....i'm not down on Bynum and would be an idiot if I was....the guy has alot of potential to be a real low post threat and a great post defender as well as a shot-blocker in around the basket....but superstar material is a wait and see....we might not know till he's 27 or 28....big men sometimes take a long time to reach thier full potential....and he might not hit his peak till Kobe is already past his prime....Bynum is far from a sure thing to be this transendant beast people are talking about....he is a huge piece and yeah I am not ruling out multiple championships for the Lakers....but to say they are gonna win 3-5....is just an extreme stretch....considering they have yet to win one with this core....just saying kinda pipe-dreamish:shrug:

As far as Landry goes....if he put up those numbers in a 5 game stretch....I would be happy....but also not hold my breath for him to be Karl Malone....i'm setting my goals low....second round would make me happy....:D

As far as Bias/McHale/Bird/Parish goes....when Bias was drafted....they had already won 3 championships together.....hard to compare them to a Lakers team who just got handled in the Finals....and has not won a single championship together....

LOL, this core has never even played together, but I see your point. They haven't played together, but now they will have an actual training camp to work together and get their defense fixed up. Team defense IS basically what you learned in training camp and not on the fly in February. Plus, Bynum is a good pick and roll defender so that fixes that need. Like I said, anything can happen and basing on last years results WITHOUT Bynum and a healthy Lakers squad (remember Kobe and Fisher were injured...they both need surgery) then they should have a good to chance to win every year for the nest 3-5 considering they are healthy.

I am not saying they are going to win every year, but they were 2 wins away from a championship (and they lost 2 games by within 4...) and they didn't even have a guy who averaged 13 and 10 and who was a good defensive player (Lakers were top 4 in defense while he was around) and their team wasn't healthy. It seems, like I said, the sky is the limit for this team.

BTW, can you send me your list of top 5 players all time and top 5 players of today? I would like to see your opinion on that.

titansmyarse
07-09-2008, 04:00 AM
this is so obvious, whats wrong with you people!! as long as shaq is not wearing yellow and purple, the clips will when 2 championships before lakers even make it back to the finals(which could take a decade or two......starting........NOW!)

kobe.... how does my ash taste?!?!?!?:D

love,
the big shaqtus

chad311k9
07-09-2008, 05:50 AM
NONE. they'll be perennial playoff team, but no championships. the players that have the skill, have got NO heart. the players that have the heart, have got NO skill. not a winning formula.

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 08:44 AM
None. West is too good to go to the Finals ever year!

NJrockPD
07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Zero, we saw the full power of that team this season. Bynum is way over rated, he's not bringing that much to the table. I personal think Odom and Gasol playing out of position are better than Gasol and Bynum down low, but that's just me.

cambovenzi
07-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Zero, we saw the full power of that team this season. Bynum is way over rated, he's not bringing that much to the table. I personal think Odom and Gasol playing out of position are better than Gasol and Bynum down low, but that's just me.

lmao.
lol?

bynum is a big presence inside.
something the lakers were lacking.
he will tremendously help w/ defense, and rebounding.
and is a very good low post player offensively. get him the ball, he'll dunk it in your face. or sky hook it like kareem.

add a top 10 or so rising young center to the best team in the east, and you think they wont be better.
joke?
they are teh best team in the league w/ him.

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
lmao.
lol?

and is a very good low post player offensively. get him the ball, he'll dunk it in your face. or sky hook it like kareem.

add a top 10 or so rising young center to the best team in the east, and you think they wont be better.
joke?

Uh no I dont think so. Bynum is recovering from an injury he is not gonna just explode after having an injury. And LA is not the best team in the league, That title goes to Boston. Its true.

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 09:56 AM

Agreed! All the PF's of the League will dominate Gasol's ***! Especially Amare and Boozer! Expect 35 pt nights when the Suns and Jazz play the Lakers!

NJrockPD
07-09-2008, 10:09 AM
lmao.
lol?

joke?

Yeah and all this coming from a Lakers fan, what a suprise, and i bet Kobe didn't rape that chick either. Keep living in your fantasy world.

CowboysKB24
08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
One.

lakers4sho
08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
One.

You bumped a month old thread?? :confused:

fredv
08-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Bynum is so young and yet so talented its scary.

LAKERS 24/7
08-07-2008, 07:28 PM

wow. just wow. you have obviously never seen a laker game in your life

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
whos voting 4?
:pity:

lakers4sho
08-07-2008, 07:36 PM
whos voting 4?
:pity:

They're all Laker fans :clap::clap::clap:

Lakersfan2483
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I think LA has the opportunity to win 3 titles. Kobe is only 30 and Gasol is only 28 yrs old. Bynum has not even turned 21, if they can keep that core together and build from that, they can win 3 titles within the next 5 yrs or so. LA just has to have the right role players to surround their stars.

G-Funk
08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
None. West is too good to go to the Finals ever year!

We're talking about the Lakers not the Suns....

Lakers have the 3rd youngest team in the NBA did everyone forget that.

Lakers beat the West when teams where at there best.

Lakers made the Finals, with no Bynum and needed 2 more.

Lakers will have LO at Sf, that's better than any other SF we had all year.

Lakers will get Gasol to play smaller and weaker players instead of playing Centers witch is a plus and Gasol and Odom are enterting there prime.

Lakers where in first place before the Bynum Injury and ended in First place after the Bynum Injury.

3-4 in 8 season.

YankeeFan89
08-07-2008, 09:21 PM
i dont think so.....ROCKETS GONNA WIN! HORNETS,LEBRON IS HUNGRY!

theimortalone
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
We're talking about the Lakers not the Suns....

Lakers have the 3rd youngest team in the NBA did everyone forget that.

Lakers beat the West when teams where at there best.

Lakers made the Finals, with no Bynum and needed 2 more.

Lakers will have LO at Sf, that's better than any other SF we had all year.

Lakers will get Gasol to play smaller and weaker players instead of playing Centers witch is a plus and Gasol and Odom are enterting there prime.

Lakers where in first place before the Bynum Injury and ended in First place after the Bynum Injury.

3-4 in 8 season.

I never said we were man. I just said that the Western Confrence is way to good for the Lakers to win a SHIP right now. I was not referring to Phx at all.

theimortalone
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I think LA has the opportunity to win 3 titles. Kobe is only 30 and Gasol is only 28 yrs old. Bynum has not even turned 21, if they can keep that core together and build from that, they can win 3 titles within the next 5 yrs or so. LA just has to have the right role players to surround their stars.

Nah I dont think so. NO, HOU, UTH, SA, DAL are all up there too. LA isnt gonna be in the finals 3 times in the next 5 years.

theimortalone
08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah and all this coming from a Lakers fan, what a suprise, and i bet Kobe didn't rape that chick either. Keep living in your fantasy world.

haha funny ****!!!! I totally agree with you man. They are all Laker fans in here so of course they are gonna say that they are gonna win alot of championships.

phi714
08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
who cares.

mjrballer13
08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
id say 9!
probably 2 or 3

mjrballer13
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Dont make these thread cuz mad haters come rolling thru, the fact that people say that DAL, PHX, HOR are gonna win one shows me u guys are praying lakers dont win any nd shut yo *** up

still1ballin
08-07-2008, 10:44 PM
If lakers stay healthy, and the bynum/gasol works, and if Bynum continues to play like he was before he went down, i see no team stopping them...I'd say 4titles.

bigmac8675
08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
They will be consistent contenders... but I don't see them actually winning any titles.

King Koopa
08-07-2008, 11:05 PM
1 only..... And i really dont think that Gasol and Bynum can play together.

BeantownBill
08-07-2008, 11:07 PM
"^^Thats what happens when you finish with the best record in the league...they never even had their complete team together last season and still finished #1. This season they should be #1 seed again and they'll get to play the #8 again."

I assume you meant to say conference, not league. The Celtics had the league's best record last year.

Oh, and unless Kobe grows up, Gasol grows a pair and the surrounding cast gets a LOT better, I don't see them winning more than 1; one would be a tremendous accomplishment. There really is a lot more parity around the league these days and it's only getting better. They'll be hard pressed to reach the finals

gcoll
08-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Probably around 8 or 9.

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 11:12 PM
They should definitely win at least one. For now, they have nowhere to go but up. Gasol is around 28, Kobe's 29, Bynum is like 21 I believe, and Odom is also in his 20's. Fisher is aging but Farmar can easily replace him. And they still have Vujacic and Radmanovic. They could really use a banger off the bench.

Personally, I could see them winning as many as three or four. And this is coming from a Kings fan. They're really soft right now up front but Bynum is very, very young. They have probably a 5-7 year window to win. That's plenty of time to bring home at least one ship.

Antbanks21
08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
with Kobe as the first option, Gasol as the second option, Bynum as 3rd, & Odom as 4th I'd gotta say around 2-3 titles.

Spurs are getting too old, we just beat the Jazz which were at their best, Dallas are done so are the Suns, the Celtics aren't getting any better(after losing James Posey and possibly loosing PJ Brown due to retiring & Ray Allen is 33 years old+ they aren't as hungry for a championship as they were) I would have to say Houston,Hornets,and Portland(in the future) are the teams that can compete with the lakers.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
They should definitely win at least one. For now, they have nowhere to go but up. Gasol is around 28, Kobe's 29, Bynum is like 21 I believe, and Odom is also in his 20's. Fisher is aging but Farmar can easily replace him. And they still have Vujacic and Radmanovic. They could really use a banger off the bench.

Personally, I could see them winning as many as three or four. And this is coming from a Kings fan. They're really soft right now up front but Bynum is very, very young. They have probably a 5-7 year window to win. That's plenty of time to bring home at least one ship.

I cant believe my eyes. You are a true Kings fan. A fan of a rival team that can look at things objectively. Kudos to you.

But I think they are good for 2. I hope they are anyways. We will see the first couple of months how Odom works at the 3 spot. I personally dont think he will be that great, but I hope a team will give us some value for his 14 mil expiring come next Feb. If Kwame's 9 mil got us Gasol, Lamar's 14 mill might get us the whole Grizzlies franchise

G-Funk
08-08-2008, 01:20 AM
as long as we win one it's better than having none.

Dirty Dirk41
08-08-2008, 01:33 AM
i think they will win ZEROOOOOOOO :moon:

cahawk
08-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Zero
kobe had a great team around him last year and yet they fell flat on their faces against a Celtic team that struggled in the playoffs against every team but the Laker's.

cambovenzi
08-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Zero
kobe had a great team around him last year and yet they fell flat on their faces against a Celtic team that struggled in the playoffs against every team but the Laker's.

except they are adding bynum to that team...

the celtics went 4-2 in mostly close games against the lakers w/o andrew bynum. whoopedy doo.

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 04:34 AM

Oh My Goodness!!! :clap: :up: :worthy: That must have been hard I would never admit that if I was a Kings fan.

LakerzDQ
08-08-2008, 05:56 AM
except they are adding bynum to that team...

the celtics went 4-2 in mostly close games against the lakers w/o andrew bynum. whoopedy doo.

hahahaha, 40 point loss :cry:

I think realistically, Lakers can win 2, if injuries and mishaps are avoided.
if something unexpected and GOOD happens, I think we can win 3.

JordansBulls
06-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Well they already got 1 title. Initially I had them winning 2 together.

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 02:21 PM
4 straight

ink
06-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm not really sure. They weren't really dominant on their way to this title. Dominant in the regular season, yes, but both the Rockets and the Nuggets really pushed them. Harder in fact than a team with that much talent should have been pushed. They had some real lapses in the post-season. Also, with talk that PJ might only coach home games it sounds like the drive is not as high as it was to get this first ring. I think they might win another but if they perform like they did in this post season, this team isn't going to steamroller their way to championships the way other Lakers or Bulls dynasties have. My vote is for one more, and probably not next year.

Vinny642
06-28-2009, 02:27 PM
I think they can win one more

NJrockPD
06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Bynum sucks, don't even put his name in this.

ink
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Bynum sucks, don't even put his name in this.

Thanks for adding to the thread. :rolleyes:

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I have 5 friends who play in the NBA and I guarantee you the Lakers won't win 3 peat they might not even win one more. The Magic choked big time... I'm not saying the Lakers didn't earn it which they did but the Magic weren't playing at the level they showed against Cleveland. Maybe they just ran out of gas??

With that said the Lakers are going to have a tough road next playoffs if teams can stay healthy... the Spurs are going to have an explosive player who can get his own points which they lacked this past season and if they add Rasheed Wallace I'd say they are a shoe in to win it unless injuries plague them. Also the Nuggets will be back with a solid year of playoff experience under their belt. I think you'll see them gel a lot more this season after Chauncy gets an offseason to help mentor the players. Also the east will be scary if they can stay healthy... Shaq and Lebron= serious contender... Dwight and VC= scary potential if Vince can get his swag back and then we have the Celtics who without KG showed me they have a lot of heart and a ton of depth. I wouldn't even begin talking repeat until the playoffs start next season and the Lakers have owned all during the regular season. I don't see it happening and my boys who actually play in the NBA felt like the Lakers weren't the best team in the NBA they just played better ball than their opponents when it mattered the most. Congrats to the Lake Show but don't expect back to back to backs its tough to accomplish unless you have Michael Jordan on the roster

J-Relo
06-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I have 5 friends who play in the NBA and I guarantee you the Lakers won't win 3 peat they might not even win one more. The Magic choked big time... I'm not saying the Lakers didn't earn it which they did but the Magic weren't playing at the level they showed against Cleveland.

they were just stopped!...

Howard - Bynum & Gasol, Howard got only 15 a game, while in Cavs series Big Z, Varejao or Wallace just couldn't play against him.

3pt Shooters (espec. Lewis, Hedo) - in Cleaveland they have who? West and Lebron? West is undersized, plus as lewis played 4 they didn't have fast and big at the same time, not leaving Howard.... Lakers had Odom, Ariza and more...

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Also do you guys realize that 90% of the NBA players really don't give a ***** about a championship as long as they are getting million dollar paychecks?

J-Relo
06-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Also do you guys realize that 90% of the NBA players really don't give a ***** about a championship as long as they are getting million dollar paychecks?

i just realize that you made up this including number of percentage...

also yes, they play as they can, if they get championship - it's wonderful, if not they just continue playing... basketball is their job, you work for money...

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Lakers played well don't get me wrong but the Magic just played straight bad. soo many unforced turnovers it was hard to watch... and the Kobe elbow to Nelson was pretty much when it was over cause after that Fish hit the open trey to send it to overtime... at that point the series was over.

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I mean I'm friends with Maurice Evans, Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers, Darnell Jackson, Shady Arthur, Jason Kidd and Darren Williams... everybody except B-Rush cause he's never played in the playoffs wanted the season to be over before the playoffs began. The players get payed a bonus for each round they get to. Maybe 90% was an overstatement but as a GM its hard to determine how hungry your team will be when their getting million dollar checks. I mean were all fans but until you actually have a friendship with NBA players or work with them you don't really have any insight.

lakers sqaud
06-28-2009, 03:09 PM

I respect this guy he always has respect & tells it how it is,but i have my lakers winning 3 more~!

ink
06-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I mean I'm friends with Maurice Evans, Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers, Darnell Jackson, Shady Arthur, Jason Kidd and Darren Williams... everybody except B-Rush cause he's never played in the playoffs wanted the season to be over before the playoffs began. The players get payed a bonus for each round they get to. Maybe 90% was an overstatement but as a GM its hard to determine how hungry your team will be when their getting million dollar checks. I mean were all fans but until you actually have a friendship with NBA players or work with them you don't really have any insight.

Insight is insight. Either you have it or you don't. You need insight and contacts. If you don't have insight to begin with, all the contacts in the world aren't going to help. Just ask any NBA groupie how much insight they have. Besides, anyone on this site could say anything they like about contacts. lol. Anyway, this is off-topic.

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm not really sure. They weren't really dominant on their way to this title. Dominant in the regular season, yes, but both the Rockets and the Nuggets really pushed them. Harder in fact than a team with that much talent should have been pushed. They had some real lapses in the post-season. Also, with talk that PJ might only coach home games it sounds like the drive is not as high as it was to get this first ring. I think they might win another but if they perform like they did in this post season, this team isn't going to steamroller their way to championships the way other Lakers or Bulls dynasties have. My vote is for one more, and probably not next year.

2000 Lakers dominated regular season (67-15), but were not dominant in 2000 playoffs (15-8), went the distance with kings in first round in 5 games (when the 1st round at that time was a best of 5 series, not best of 7 series like it is now), went the distance with portalnd in WCF in 7 games, beat Pacers in 6 games in NBA Finals, a road record of just 4-6, and just 4-6 in closeout series games.

2001 Lakers, not as dominant in regular season (56-26), but steamrolled through 2001 playoffs (15-1), swept the first three rounds against por, sac,sas, 11straight victories, and perfect 8-0 on road while going 7-1 at home

2002 Lakers, not as dominant in regular season (58-24), but went to distance in 02 WCF with Kings, 15-4 overall.

In their 1st championship run, 8 total playoff losses. championships 2 and 3 combined, only 5 losses.

similar to those standards in terms of records, 2000 lakers (67-15, 15-8) very similar to 2009 lakers (65-17, 16-7)

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I have 5 friends who play in the NBA and I guarantee you the Lakers won't win 3 peat they might not even win one more. The Magic choked big time... I'm not saying the Lakers didn't earn it which they did but the Magic weren't playing at the level they showed against Cleveland. Maybe they just ran out of gas??

With that said the Lakers are going to have a tough road next playoffs if teams can stay healthy... the Spurs are going to have an explosive player who can get his own points which they lacked this past season and if they add Rasheed Wallace I'd say they are a shoe in to win it unless injuries plague them. Also the Nuggets will be back with a solid year of playoff experience under their belt. I think you'll see them gel a lot more this season after Chauncy gets an offseason to help mentor the players. Also the east will be scary if they can stay healthy... Shaq and Lebron= serious contender... Dwight and VC= scary potential if Vince can get his swag back and then we have the Celtics who without KG showed me they have a lot of heart and a ton of depth. I wouldn't even begin talking repeat until the playoffs start next season and the Lakers have owned all during the regular season. I don't see it happening and my boys who actually play in the NBA felt like the Lakers weren't the best team in the NBA they just played better ball than their opponents when it mattered the most. Congrats to the Lake Show but don't expect back to back to backs its tough to accomplish unless you have Michael Jordan on the roster

:confused: wtf?

ink
06-28-2009, 03:13 PM
2000 Lakers dominated regular season (67-15), but were not dominant in 2000 playoffs (15-8), went the distance with kings in first round in 5 games (when the 1st round at that time was a best of 5 series, not best of 7 series like it is now), went the distance with portalnd in WCF in 7 games, beat Pacers in 6 games in NBA Finals, a road record of just 4-6, and just 4-6 in closeout series games.

2001 Lakers, not as dominant in regular season (56-26), but steamrolled through 2001 playoffs (15-1), swept the first thee rounds against por, sac,sas, 11straight victories, and perfect 8-0 on road while going 7-1 at home

2002 Lakers, not as dominant in regular season (58-24), but went to distance in 02 WCF with Kings, 15-4 overall.

In their 1st championship run, 8 total playoff losses. championships 2 and 3 combined, only 5 losses.

similar to those standards in terms of records, 2000 lakers (67-15, 15-8) very similar to 2009 lakers (65-17, 16-7)

I remember all those series but I don't remember the 2000-2003 dynasty faltering as much, that's all I'm saying. That Kings team that gave the Lakers trouble was a helluva good team.

LakersnDodgers
06-28-2009, 03:15 PM

What? you don't know what your talking about.......Gasol has been a Laker for a 1 1/2 seasons and has yet to miss a game! Kobe is 30,Odom is 29,Gasol is 29,Bynum is 21,Ariza is 24......Kobe's body is fine! except his little finger.....LOL!!! Their window is NOT short---this team has a legit shot for a title for the next 3-4 years! but who knows if they'll win anymore?? we'll have to see.If anyone that has a talented and championship type team have a short window start a thread about the Celtics--those dudes are in their early to mid 30's---LOL

lakers sqaud
06-28-2009, 03:16 PM

bud we have the next thing 2 JORDAN think about that~!:smoking:

RaiderLakersA's
06-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Lakers played well don't get me wrong but the Magic just played straight bad. soo many unforced turnovers it was hard to watch... and the Kobe elbow to Nelson was pretty much when it was over cause after that Fish hit the open trey to send it to overtime... at that point the series was over.

The Kobe elbow to Nelson was just one of two obvious non-calls in that game.

Everyone remembers Nelson hitting the deck. What they don't remember is the foul that Pietrus drew on Kobe in the act of shooting that also wasn't called. If called, that would have sent Kobe to the line. I hate to speculate, but with Kobe being a fairly consistent high percentage FT shooter, that would have put the Lakers up and possibly sealed the win for the Lakers as well.

Back to the post, this thread was resurrected from last year. It's funny to read the comments from back then and weigh them against current detractors. It makes it difficult to accept some of their views as salient, as opposed to haterism.

Arguing that the Lakers didn't "dominate" in the Finals this year against the Magic makes me wonder how many actually watch basketball. Domination isn't about running up the score. Domination occurs when the other team can't stop anything that you're doing in any way shape form. The final score of each game can be 10 points or 1 point, but that's not a reflection of how well a team fared.

Further, it's pointless to say that one team could have executed better without giving the other team that same benefit of the doubt. In a perfect world, both teams would bring their "A" game and play to their max potential. But if that happened, is there any doubt that the Lakers would still have won the series? Imagine "A" game Kobe. Imagine "A" game Gasol. Imagine "A" game Odom. Imagine "A" game Bynum.

Now set that all aside, and imagine for a second an "A" game Lakers bench. If the Lakers bench played anywhere nearly as good this year as they did last year, no one touches this team. Not in the regular season. Not in the playoffs. Not in the Finals.

It's ridiculous to play the what-if game.

I think the Lakers have one more title at least in them, after this year. But it all depends on whether or not we continue to get better individually and as a team. We have lots of talent that has yet to play to their potential. Now imagine that: a championship team actually admitting that it can still get better. Fear that?

prodigy
06-28-2009, 03:23 PM
they need a bench, and a starting PG. fisher is just about done and farmer is nothing special. bynum is injury prone so you don't know what he will do. Odom is the most inconsistant player in the leauge.

Kobe is only 30, But there's alot of wear and tear on him. this past season was the first time I saw him get beat down.

Evolution=FACT
06-28-2009, 03:25 PM
at least one

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 03:25 PM
I remember all those series but I don't remember the 2000-2003 dynasty faltering as much, that's all I'm saying. That Kings team that gave the Lakers trouble was a helluva good team.

Correction: 2002, and no doubt, that kings team of 02 was tuff as hell. so was that 00 blazers team. but u remember 2000 1st round against kings, they had no mike bibby at that time, they were younger, less experienced and their PG at the time was jason williams (a guy at that time used to have mad handles, and would jack up 3's like none other, but yet were able to win their 2 home games against that 67-15 laker team). those 2000 1st sac kings were very similar to the 2nd round rockets team that took lakers to 7 games. in both series, lakers played down to their level of competition, both teams inexperienced point guards (jason williams, aaron brooks), new role players just coming into form.

sac: lawrence funderburke, young peja, christie's 1st couple years with sac after coming from toronto raptors, vlade's 1st couple years with sac after coming from charlotte hornets, c-webb 1st couple of yrs with sac after coming from wizards, etc., and it was a 1st seed vs an 8th seed

hou: aaron brooks, artest 1st yr with rockets, battier coming from injury, only scola's 1st yr in nba after many yrs in argentina, no mcgrady, half health yao, and everyone else getting out of 1st round after so many years. It was a 1st seed vs not an 8th, but a really good 5th seeded team.

lakers underperformed in both of those series (constant brain farts)

and the coach of both of those teams, Rick Adelman, whose always given the Lakers trouble. In fact, his portland trailblazers teams gave the showtime lakers a lot of trouble in the late 80s and early 90s.

azkarraga
06-28-2009, 03:26 PM
So far, none. Bynum did not win this last one. he did nothing

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 03:28 PM
The Lakers had a smart strategy it was similar to what Jordan did to the Jazz get in the best players head... the leader of the team and watch the meltdown begin. When Rodman got in Karls head the Jazz couldn't hold it together. When Gasol got in D-Howards head the rest of the Magic couldn't hold it together. The Lakers dominated the series I agree but you can't ignore the fact that the Magic played very bad and didn't even look like they deserved to be in the finals. Anytime they made a stop or a good play they would turn around and commit an unforced turnover or blow a defensive assignment. I'm not taking anything away from the Lakers they went through some tough teams to get the championship but I don't see them doing a 2peat or a 3peat.

LakersnDodgers
06-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DboweKU86

LOL,i think we ALL can disagree with most of those points.....where to start? First of all i doubt you have 5 friends that our N.B.A player---and if you did they're pretty ******** to think the Lakers weren't the best team....they had the 2nd best record!!!! so to say there were playing well at the right time is just plain stupid! the team with the best record (Cavs) were not the best team in the league,they played in a weak weak Eastern Confrence.....it showed when they got blown out in both meetings agains the Lakers.VC in Orlando? their going to lose Hedo so thats pretty much a wash! not an improvement....actually Hedo might be better? Rasheed with Spurs? thats not even legit trade talk! As far as Chauncey goes---his age showed against the Lakers he did nothing great in that series consistantly.And repeating unless you got M.J? didn't the Lakers win 3 straight before without M.J? cmon pal pull your head out....if anything the Lakers only have to worry about resiging Ariza and Odom,once they do that their even BETTER this year cause Bynum will be 100% healthy unlike this postseason playing and what he said about 80% healthy on that knee.This team is still young and poised and the vet Kobe showed NO signs of being 30 and playing and ton of games in his career.....peeps say what they like about Lebron but Kobe without a doubt is still the best closer by far in this league.

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 03:29 PM
they need a bench, and a starting PG. fisher is just about done and farmer is nothing special. bynum is injury prone so you don't know what he will do. Odom is the most inconsistant player in the leauge.

Kobe is only 30, But there's alot of wear and tear on him. this past season was hte first time I saw him get beat down.

not really, this was his most consistent season up to date (his 10th season), and he was inconsistent late in houston series and early in denver series cuz he was feeling the aches of that back injury he suffered in game 4 vs houston. once he got back to form after 2-2.5 weeks, he dominated games 5 and 6 against denver, and 5 games against orlando in nba finals. if he was healthier and didn't get hurt in game 4 vs hou, we wouldve put away both houston and denver away before 7 and 6 games respectively.

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DboweKU86

LOL,i think we ALL can disagree with most of those points.....where to start? First of all i doubt you have 5 friends that our N.B.A player---and if you did they're pretty ******** to think the Lakers weren't the best team....they had the 2nd best record!!!! so to say there were playing well at the right time is just plain stupid! the team with the best record (Cavs) were not the best team in the league,they played in a weak weak Eastern Confrence.....it showed when they got blown out in both meetings agains the Lakers.VC in Orlando? their going to lose Hedo so thats pretty much a wash! not an improvement....actually Hedo might be better? Rasheed with Spurs? thats not even legit trade talk! As far as Chauncey goes---his age showed against the Lakers he did nothing great in that series consistantly.And repeating unless you got M.J? didn't the Lakers win 3 straight before without M.J? cmon pal pull your head out....if anything the Lakers only have to worry about resiging Ariza and Odom,once they do that their even BETTER this year cause Bynum will be 100% healthy unlike this postseason playing and what he said about 80% healthy on that knee.This team is still young and poised and the vet Kobe showed NO signs of being 30 and playing and ton of games in his career.....peeps say what they like about Lebron but Kobe without a doubt is still the best closer by far in this league.

the first 3 peat was with the most dominant player in NBA history... Lakers have a solid team but nobody in the NBA fears them like they did the during the Shaq days... I really have nothing to prove I just know how the league is. I also know that not many players on the Lakers roster enjoy being a teammate of Kobe Bryant. I was out at the Walton's ranch a summer ago which is ridiculous by the way (many great stories) and a few players were voicing their issues with Kobe. Also maybe you guys didn't see the numerous defensive lapses that Kobe had during the playoffs because hes a quote "roamer" on defense. You can cross your fingers for 3 but it aint gonna happen especially now that Shaq has a superstar again. He might be old but if they can keep his minutes down during the regular season then watch out!

Tmac,lt,berkman
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I DIDNT VOTE BECAUSE DEREK FISHER OR TEVOR ARIZA OR LAMAR ODOM MAKES THE TRIO. NOT ANDREW BYNUMS SORRY a@#.

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Rasheed to the Spurs has been a FA rumor since February and I'm good friends with R.C. Buford's son. Trust me it will most likely happen.

DboweKU86
06-28-2009, 03:39 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/02/espn_rasheed_wallace_wants_to.html

there ya go

ink
06-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Correction: 2002, and no doubt, that kings team of 02 was tuff as hell. so was that 00 blazers team. but u remember 2000 1st round against kings, they had no mike bibby at that time, they were younger, less experienced and their PG at the time was jason williams (a guy at that time used to have mad handles, and would jack up 3's like none other, but yet were able to win their 2 home games against that 67-15 laker team). those 2000 1st sac kings were very similar to the 2nd round rockets team that took lakers to 7 games. in both series, lakers played down to their level of competition, both teams inexperienced point guards (jason williams, aaron brooks), new role players just coming into form.

sac: lawrence funderburke, young peja, christie's 1st couple years with sac after coming from toronto raptors, vlade's 1st couple years with sac after coming from charlotte hornets, c-webb 1st couple of yrs with sac after coming from wizards, etc., and it was a 1st seed vs an 8th seed

hou: aaron brooks, artest 1st yr with rockets, battier coming from injury, only scola's 1st yr in nba after many yrs in argentina, no mcgrady, half health yao, and everyone else getting out of 1st round after so many years. It was a 1st seed vs not an 8th, but a really good 5th seeded team.

lakers underperformed in both of those series (constant brain farts)

and the coach of both of those teams, Rick Adelman, whose always given the Lakers trouble. In fact, his portland trailblazers teams gave the showtime lakers a lot of trouble in the late 80s and early 90s.

Good points. You have a good memory. :) I admit, when I think of that earlier dynasty I remember them steamrollering a lot of teams. I don't know what it is, but this latest Lakers team seemed to really falter. They were inconsistent even against a Rockets team playing without McGrady, then Yao, and also against a pretty undisciplined and inexperienced Nuggets team. Don't take me for a Lakers basher. I'm talking about degrees of quality, I'm not saying the Lakers suck or anything stupid like that.

NYtilIdie
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Well I can see them possibly repeat next season and thats it. If the Spurs stay healthy they can without a doubt give them a run for their money the problem is they gave away Bowen who was their best defender.

The Magic improved with VC trade and with Nelson back healthy they can be dangerous. Now Lewis can be go back to the 3 and Gortat probably in the 4 if he stays.

Then Cle improved their front court tremendously with the addition of Shaq who can demand double teams which can lead to open 3's for West,Mo, and Lebron. Since the Cavs play half court I can see this being a great team.

The Celtics are the team I see causing major problems. Before KG went down the Celtics were #1 in the East and looked like a possible repeat, but KG goes down and they struggle the remainder of the season falling to #2 and getting knocked out the playoffs in the Semi. Now they will be 1 yr older, 1 yr slower, but I don't see KG or Pierce losing their game maybe Allen will struggle, but Rondo wilk take care of that

NJrockPD
06-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for adding to the thread. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, my point is that's like saying how many titles will the trio of Duncan, Parker, and Matt Bonner win?

Well the duo of Duncan and Parker may win another one but Bonner is just along for the ride, just like Bynum.

Bynum is literally along for the ride, he is injured about 50 games a season he's riding the plane, the bus, and the bench. Yeah 6.3 points, 3.7 rebs in 17.4 minutes per game this year in the playoffs, a real contributor. Add Ariza, Odom, or Fisher's name to this thread but leave Bynum out of this.

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Good points. You have a good memory. :) I admit, when I think of that earlier dynasty I remember them steamrollering a lot of teams. I don't know what it is, but this latest Lakers team seemed to really falter. They were inconsistent even against a Rockets team playing without McGrady, then Yao, and also against a pretty undisciplined and inexperienced Nuggets team. Don't take me for a Lakers basher. I'm talking about degrees of quality, I'm not saying the Lakers suck or anything stupid like that.

oh i kno, its all good conversation bro. :)

zambo4president
06-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Alot depends on Ariza and Odom. But the question was Kobe,Gasol ad Bynum and i feel they can get 2, maybe even in a row.

jlisec01
06-28-2009, 05:05 PM
dunno, if they were to keep the same team a few more perhaps, if not I would say the nuggets will eventually catch up. if not the nuggets but other teams in the western conference as well, that conference is crazy.

MVMarauder
06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
I voted for two more while they have kobe.

Mile High Champ
06-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Bynum should not even be apart of the question, next to arenas, most overated player in the league...

blazerman
06-28-2009, 06:20 PM
The Lakers could win more couple of more titles for sure but I doubt it because the Blazers and Rockets will only get better(Rockets have Tmac contract and the Blazers have cap space to add final pieces).

I expect one or the other(Blazers and Rockets) to knock the Lakers out in each of the next 2 yrs and lets face it Kobe will start to decline in a couple of yrs and when that happens the Lakers take a major step back. I know Laker fans think he's gonna play for ever but the rest of us know the downside is coming soon.

If all LA fans want to rant because somebody doesnt think the Lakers will win every title over the next 5yrs then go ahead because I could careless.

Dont get me wrong though I know to win a title or at least make it to the Finals, that road will go through LA. The lakers blew my blazers out in the first game of the season but as the Blazers season went on they thrashed everbody(Lakers included) but the Rockets and they are hungry and the Rockets had some bad luck with injuries but proved they're right there with the Lakers.

The Nuggets shouldnt be overlooked because who knows how much better they will be in another yr and if its anything better than this yr watch out!

Spurs may have a nice perimeter offense but they have nothing inside besides Duncan and that will be they're doom. Keep in Mind all the good west teams have multiple weapons on the perimeter and depth inside, I love Duncan to death but he wont hold the fort by himself and if Spurs fans think Rasheed Wallace is the answer then you might want to think again.

The Lakers and Spurs have had the run of the mill for a longtime in the west but now you have company that is here to stay(Blazers,Rockets and Nuggets).

OK let's here you Laker fans tell us how great LA is now and Kobe Bryant will never get any older and you'll win every title til the end of his career. Im not saying the Lakers dont win it again because they are battle tested and have proved they are the best but they will have an incredidbly tough road next yr and I dont think they make(personal opinion).

Also what a drag it was all season hearing LA/Cle this past yr and now we'll here it even more because Shaq is a Cav(he couldnt lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat).

Im ready for a Blazer/Rocket or even Denver vs Celtics finals

Reversed86Curse
06-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Only this one- East is getting better, plus Bynum will probably get hurt again next year as usual. Spurs will be the team to beat out West next year.

lakerfan 4 life
06-28-2009, 06:34 PM
They are going to have 3 or more. The lakers have alot of young players who will keep them competing for a very long time

LakersnDodgers
06-28-2009, 06:47 PM
The Lakers could win more couple of more titles for sure but I doubt it because the Blazers and Rockets will only get better(Rockets have Tmac contract and the Blazers have cap space to add final pieces).

I expect one or the other(Blazers and Rockets) to knock the Lakers out in each of the next 2 yrs and lets face it Kobe will start to decline in a couple of yrs and when that happens the Lakers take a major step back. I know Laker fans think he's gonna play for ever but the rest of us know the downside is coming soon.

If all LA fans want to rant because somebody doesnt think the Lakers will win every title over the next 5yrs then go ahead because I could careless.

Dont get me wrong though I know to win a title or at least make it to the Finals, that road will go through LA. The lakers blew my blazers out in the first game of the season but as the Blazers season went on they thrashed everbody(Lakers included) but the Rockets and they are hungry and the Rockets had some bad luck with injuries but proved they're right there with the Lakers.

The Nuggets shouldnt be overlooked because who knows how much better they will be in another yr and if its anything better than this yr watch out!

Spurs may have a nice perimeter offense but they have nothing inside besides Duncan and that will be they're doom. Keep in Mind all the good west teams have multiple weapons on the perimeter and depth inside, I love Duncan to death but he wont hold the fort by himself and if Spurs fans think Rasheed Wallace is the answer then you might want to think again.

The Lakers and Spurs have had the run of the mill for a longtime in the west but now you have company that is here to stay(Blazers,Rockets and Nuggets).

OK let's here you Laker fans tell us how great LA is now and Kobe Bryant will never get any older and you'll win every title til the end of his career. Im not saying the Lakers dont win it again because they are battle tested and have proved they are the best but they will have an incredidbly tough road next yr and I dont think they make(personal opinion).

Also what a drag it was all season hearing LA/Cle this past yr and now we'll here it even more because Shaq is a Cav(he couldnt lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat).

Im ready for a Blazer/Rocket or even Denver vs Celtics finals

LOL-Homer! dude your Blazers have done NOTHING since 2000....slow your roll.The Rockets?? Mcgrady?? LOL!!!! his career is DONE!! and Yao is a free agent he might be gone anyways.......The only team that has a legit chance of keeping the Lakers from going to the Finals for the THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR YA HATERS is the Nuggets.The Rockets aren't deep enough,the Blazers have no real postseason experience (plus Oden is soooo overated and not going to factor agains Pau or Bynum) the Jazz are the Jazz.I guess we can give you the Rockets cause they did battle down to game 7 against L.A---but dude you want to talk about us saying Kobe won't get any older and blah blah----Your Blazers have done NOTHING! so don't put them with the Lakers,Nuggets,Rockets,Jazz their are not an elite Western Confrence team pal.

LakersnDodgers
06-28-2009, 06:52 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/02/espn_rasheed_wallace_wants_to.html

there ya go

LOL--read the article it says it's very unlikely to happen! LOL---even if it did so what?? Rasheed is no were near the player he once was.Bynum outscored and outrebounded Duncan head to head this year (when he was 100%healthy)And Rasheed would get killed by Pau.This is a lame anyways the Spurs are done.

dee279
06-28-2009, 08:09 PM
I say 1 and thats the championship they just won.

Penetra8r
06-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Maybe one more

horry1ur
06-28-2009, 08:49 PM

Whoa! Just chill man this is just PSD a sports talking forum.
And people get called Homer all the time.
But back to the topic i say they can win anywhere from 1-3 hopefully more but i think 3 is the most they can win(including this one they just won)

blazerman
06-28-2009, 09:15 PM
[/B]

Whoa! Just chill man this is just PSD a sports talking forum.
And people get called Homer all the time.
But back to the topic i say they can win anywhere from 1-3 hopefully more but i think 3 is the most they can win(including this one they just won)

That guy likes to slam the Blazers everytime he can and Oden too. Thats fine because he's a Laker fan and that's too be expected but the blazers, Oden and me all at the same time, no, not having it!

I dont cut the Lakers down and I was just saying that the Blazers, Nuggets and Rockets will are be much improved and I think one of them will dethrone the Lakers next yr. Just my opinion! Lakers are the king of the hill right now but things change, they always do.

If he wants to call others names Ill ignore it but when he directs at me then I have a problem with that. I dont put up with that stuff!

Lakers4ItAll
06-28-2009, 09:25 PM
ok tough guy you tell him!

Lakers could easily win 2-3 with that core group

ink
06-28-2009, 09:31 PM
That guy likes to slam the Blazers everytime he can and Oden too.

Then report him.

ink
06-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Bynum should not even be apart of the question, next to arenas, most overated player in the league...

The difference is that Bynum is a great team player. He's just had pathetic luck with injuries. I'm not so harsh with Bynum as some people. If he had no talent, he wouldn't be developing so well with Kareem. We need to cut the guy some slack. He's still young.

horry1ur
06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
That guy likes to slam the Blazers everytime he can and Oden too. Thats fine because he's a Laker fan and that's too be expected but the blazers, Oden and me all at the same time, no, not having it!

I dont cut the Lakers down and I was just saying that the Blazers, Nuggets and Rockets will are be much improved and I think one of them will dethrone the Lakers next yr. Just my opinion! Lakers are the king of the hill right now but things change, they always do.

If he wants to call others names Ill ignore it but when he directs at me then I have a problem with that. I dont put up with that stuff!

Yeah i understand man.
But sorry i just dont like fighting on a sports forum
It really bugs me even though im not a mod i just like to see things clean.
and your right changes always happend but it can either be a good change or a bad change but lets hope for the best.
Good Luck to Blazers they are looking good lets hope the pieces fit and we have ourselves a Lakers/Blazers WCF :cheers:

horry1ur
06-28-2009, 09:38 PM
The difference is that Bynum is a great team player. He's just had pathetic luck with injuries. I'm not so harsh with Bynum as some people. If he had no talent, he wouldn't be developing so well with Kareem. We need to cut the guy some slack. He's still young.

Nicely said.Its just that his bad luck with injuries is what is holding him back.Im not saying this just because hes a Laker and im a Lakers fan but because im a basketball fan and seeing how young he is and still yet to hit his prime.Lets see what he can do this next season.

blazerman
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah i understand man.
But sorry i just dont like fighting on a sports forum
It really bugs me even though im not a mod i just like to see things clean.
and your right changes always happend but it can either be a good change or a bad change but lets hope for the best.
Good Luck to Blazers they are looking good lets hope the pieces fit and we have ourselves a Lakers/Blazers WCF :cheers:

I got an infraction for it already, personally it was well worth it though. I do apologize for my behavior and I shouldnt have responded but I cant stand that guy, next time Ill ignore it. Again really sorry!

horry1ur
06-28-2009, 09:45 PM
I got an infraction for it already, personally it was well worth it though. I do apologize for my behavior and I shouldnt have responded but I cant stand that guy, next time Ill ignore it. Again really sorry!

No its all good man. But atleast you got your frustration out right? But kind of off topic but how did you like the Blazers draft?

NYtilIdie
06-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Your Blazers have done NOTHING! so don't put them with the Lakers,Nuggets,Rockets,Jazz their are not an elite Western Confrence team pal.

Didn't the Blazer's finish 3rd in the West last year and beat out SA and Houston for the #3 spot and didn't the Jazz finish last? LOL and you claim the Jazz are more dominant then the Blazers despite the fact they finished last in the West. I don't care what anybody says if you are able to finish in the top 3 in the West you are an elite team. They just lacked playoff experience thats all.

Deezy Dee 24
06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
i personnally say its kobe, gasol, and odom.
bynum is over rated.

blazerman
06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
No its all good man. But atleast you got your frustration out right? But kind of off topic but how did you like the Blazers draft?

I really did cross the line on that one but its over and done with.

Anyway the Blazers draft was kinda what I expected but I was ok with the pick of Pendergragh because we need a good solid backup for Aldridge and he should fit in well.

I have my eye on free agency though because thats where the blazers will really shore up our areas of need.

I have been a Blazer fan my whole life and the Lakers have always been the team to beat and it's crazy to say but we havent beat a good Laker team since 76/77, I was 5yrs old and I really think Blazers would look at a series win over lakers the same way as a championship.

Like I said their the big dog right now, but the Blazers are almost ready for the challenge. When we played Houston everybody was looking ahead to LA and we got smoked in game 1 and that was lesson 1 (first things first).
That's where a coach like Phil Jackson becomes an asset, he wont let things like that happen and Mcmillian was essentially a rookie when it comes to playoff ball.

Also the Lakers trio could win a few more titles without a doubt, Kobe is in the heart of his prime, I just hope it's someone else's turn though!

BALLER R
06-28-2009, 10:20 PM

So whats up with jason do u think you can get us some info on where hes gonna be next season..is he gonna be in miami with wade or what

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
maybe uno mas

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2009, 10:27 PM
depends on how everybody else does

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2009, 10:27 PM
knicks could make some moves to get up there

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
knicks could make some moves to get up there

hey, u joined psd earlier this month like me, congrulations, welcome :)

Kabowdos
06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
1 more is likely.
2 more is somewhat likely.
3 is a stetch.
4 is 2%

KB24PG16
06-28-2009, 10:46 PM
zerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:down:

a big 0!!!

Zero (ONLY a Finals Appearance)

wrong.

rapswin98
06-28-2009, 10:47 PM
2 or at most 3

WoodbridgeSkins
06-28-2009, 10:49 PM
1 more at the most. The east is too stacked now.

SouljahPhil...
06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Didn't the Blazer's finish 3rd in the West last year and beat out SA and Houston for the #3 spot and didn't the Jazz finish last? LOL and you claim the Jazz are more dominant then the Blazers despite the fact they finished last in the West. I don't care what anybody says if you are able to finish in the top 3 in the West you are an elite team. They just lacked playoff experience thats all.

btw Blazers finish 4th I guess...they face the 5th seeded Houston team...

blazerman
06-28-2009, 11:31 PM
btw Blazers finish 4th I guess...they face the 5th seeded Houston team...

Same record as the Nuggets and Spurs, though it does'nt make much difference now anyway.

plpfctn
06-28-2009, 11:36 PM
2 more times and 3 altogether. i think the lakers will win it again next year. they'll lose in the finals in 2011. then they'll win it again in 2012.

IndiansFan337
06-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Two

BigDaddyKaine
06-28-2009, 11:56 PM

Lakers will win 2 more in a row so the trend will be

Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Spurs, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Lakers, Lakers... then it repeats :D

horry1ur
06-29-2009, 12:13 AM
I really did cross the line on that one but its over and done with.

Anyway the Blazers draft was kinda what I expected but I was ok with the pick of Pendergragh because we need a good solid backup for Aldridge and he should fit in well.

I have my eye on free agency though because thats where the blazers will really shore up our areas of need.

I have been a Blazer fan my whole life and the Lakers have always been the team to beat and it's crazy to say but we havent beat a good Laker team since 76/77, I was 5yrs old and I really think Blazers would look at a series win over lakers the same way as a championship.

Like I said their the big dog right now, but the Blazers are almost ready for the challenge. When we played Houston everybody was looking ahead to LA and we got smoked in game 1 and that was lesson 1 (first things first).
That's where a coach like Phil Jackson becomes an asset, he wont let things like that happen and Mcmillian was essentially a rookie when it comes to playoff ball.

Also the Lakers trio could win a few more titles without a doubt, Kobe is in the heart of his prime, I just hope it's someone else's turn though!

Yeah its crazy how young you guys are.
Lakers too are somewhat young.
But i think what we really need to address this offseason is resigning LO and Ariza and getting a young PG
Because we all know DFish is getting old now and i think that if they can get a young PG somehow and with Kobe still doing work and Bynum(hopefully living up to his potential) and hopefully LO and Ariza and Coach Jackson all coming back we can defend the title but i know the Blazers will be in contention for the #1 seed the whole year and the Lakers always have trouble beating you guys at the Rose Garden.
One move I dont get on the Blazers part was why they had moved to take the Mavs 22 pick and choose Victor Claver when they could have chosen him two picks later

blazerman
06-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah its crazy how young you guys are.
Lakers too are somewhat young.
But i think what we really need to address this offseason is resigning LO and Ariza and getting a young PG
Because we all know DFish is getting old now and i think that if they can get a young PG somehow and with Kobe still doing work and Bynum(hopefully living up to his potential) and hopefully LO and Ariza and Coach Jackson all coming back we can defend the title but i know the Blazers will be in contention for the #1 seed the whole year and the Lakers always have trouble beating you guys at the Rose Garden.
One move I dont get on the Blazers part was why they had moved to take the Mavs 22 pick and choose Victor Claver when they could have chosen him two picks later

I couldnt figure out that Claver thing either, from what I understood it was to jump Sacramento to assure we got Casspi, so it kinda came out of left field to me. I had heard the guys from Blazers courtside and talkingball (both local tv shows that talk nothing but Blazers and NBA every week) talk about him earlier in the yr but I dont think the Blazers traded with Dallas to do that. I think somekind of deal fell through at the last minute and the Blazers had to choose somebody so they picked the best guy overseas and still keep that 1st rd cap money.

The Lakers shouldnt have any problem resigning both Ariza and Odom coming off a title because the combo obviously worked and Lamar strikes me as the type of guy who will take less money to stay in a place he likes and with a team where his role is defined.

Also Im sure Jackson takes off every other road trip or at least the road games that are no brainers, I think that is a deal that was worked out to keep Rambis around.

Ya know I think Derek Fisher is the Lakers lucky charm, I really do

ko8e24
06-29-2009, 12:52 AM
I couldnt figure out that Claver thing either, from what I understood it was to jump Sacramento to assure we got Casspi, so it kinda came out of left field to me. I had heard the guys from Blazers courtside and talkingball (both local tv shows that talk nothing but Blazers and NBA every week) talk about him earlier in the yr but I dont think the Blazers traded with Dallas to do that. I think somekind of deal fell through at the last minute and the Blazers had to choose somebody so they picked the best guy overseas and still keep that 1st rd cap money.

The Lakers shouldnt have any problem resigning both Ariza and Odom coming off a title because the combo obviously worked and Lamar strikes me as the type of guy who will take less money to stay in a place he likes and with a team where his role is defined.

Also Im sure Jackson takes off every other road trip or at least the road games that are no brainers, I think that is a deal that was worked out to keep Rambis around.

x2:clap:

Bones10564
06-29-2009, 01:05 AM
I voted for 2 more but realistically their looking at 1 to 3 more rings...

horry1ur
06-29-2009, 01:21 AM

Yeah that makes sence now but i saw on a couple mocks of Lakers getting him.

Yeah and also we traded two of our draft picks for cash compensation and from that we got $4.5 million($3 million from Knicks and $1.5 million from the Heat(i think) so that means more money we can throw at LO and Ariza oh yeah forgot about Shannon Brown too

The whole Phil Jackson thing will be solved one way or another i think he will take 10 or so games off the whole year and they will all be on the road.

And yeah he was a major part we have done so good. Im just happy for him that he gets to play alongside a great coach and arguably the best player in the NBA and after all that with what happend to his daughter and all that he couldnt have ended his career in a better situation winning a ring or two(next year):D before he retires. He might retire from playing but he will not retire from the NBA he will one day be a coach.

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 01:38 AM
2 to go..

blazerman
06-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Yeah that makes sence now but i saw on a couple mocks of Lakers getting him.

Yeah and also we traded two of our draft picks for cash compensation and from that we got $4.5 million($3 million from Knicks and $1.5 million from the Heat(i think) so that means more money we can throw at LO and Ariza oh yeah forgot about Shannon Brown too

The whole Phil Jackson thing will be solved one way or another i think he will take 10 or so games off the whole year and they will all be on the road.

And yeah he was a major part we have done so good. Im just happy for him that he gets to play alongside a great coach and arguably the best player in the NBA and after all that with what happend to his daughter and all that he couldnt have ended his career in a better situation winning a ring or two(next year):D before he retires. He might retire from playing but he will not retire from the NBA he will one day be a coach.

I think that Shannon Brown should get re upped because he's a tough little ombre and full of fight so besides Ariza and Odom you guys should make him a decent offer, I think he's gonna get some attention around the league.

I'd take fisher in a heartbeat for an assistant when he's done and realistically I can see him taking over the Lakers head coach job in 6 or 7 yrs from now. He has that Joe Dumars quality about him (respect in the organization).

Theres a plan for Phil already and I see him coasting through another 2 seasons if their coaching plan works. I think bryant will struggle with it when Jackson does hang it up.

I knew the Lakers were gonna bail on their 1st rd pick anyway and it's not like whom ever they drafted would see any playing time, actually playing for the Lakers the guys way down on the bench do get a fair amount of playing time because of blowouts.

I think the Grizzlies will throw a max deal at Odom (geez) and market him like Jordan if he was to sign (haha) because they'd be so happy to attract their first big name free agent. Like I said Odom will likely take a big paycut to stay in LA because he has a good thing going and a new guy to take the heat if the going gets tough at some point.
Odom was the usual suspect when any little thing went wrong, but if Ariza is making the big bucks and Odom is only making 5 mil or something then he's gonna be able to sit back while Ariza has to squirm through the on slot of media and Laker fans.
That is a huge perk for Odom if you ask me and I bet he's smiling everyday from now on because of it.

As much as I love the Blazers there was a point in time when I was growing up that I was so torn between the Lakers and Blazers. I loved showtime as much as anybody mainly because they were a west team and my Blazers couldnt be counted on to win a playoff game and so I rooted for the Lakers because they were so fun to watch and Magic Johnson had such a magnetic personality.

Once my Blazers became good again I couldnt root for LA anymore then the 1991 wcf's arrived and it was a given the Blazers would get them and what happened, the Lakers busted us up again and I have hated them with a passion since. I was such a little traitor back then huh, but really besides the Celtics who didnt like them.

Anyway I remember how nice it was to have my team win it all then the rest of the summer me and my friends would be like magic for three or Kareem for two in every game we played.
Well my point is I want to hear my kids do that someday only with Roy for three and stuff, god knows Ive suffered enough as a Blazer fan but I know the Blazers time is coming and this is another reason I blew up on that other guy(most sports fans treat their team like it's their baby) it has been fun chatting with you and I would tell you good luck but come on you guys are the Lakers, you dont need it. haha

Blazers and Steelers

ElMarroAfamado
06-29-2009, 02:23 AM
hahhaha at the east being "too stacked"

THE MTL
06-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Celtics having Mr. Triple Double Rajan Rondo and Healthy Garnett!

Orlando if they can keep Turkoglu along with Carter!

Cavs having Shaq and still MLE exception to use!

Nuggets with an added big man this summer!

There is plenty of competition!!!!!

enitialdee
06-29-2009, 04:51 AM
As long as, kobe's a laker, they're probably win one more. If kobe goes down with an injury, the lakers are done. Pau can't lead a team, and sorry lakers fan Bynum is not a franchise player. Pretty much it all depend on kobe.

bolts4ever
06-29-2009, 05:10 AM
Dear LAKer HATERs Stop!!
LOOK I UNDERSTAND U Don't like us but let's be REALISTIC.
So just LOOk AT Da Facts

1.) This is our 2nd straight Finals Appearance
2. )Have the 3rd youngest team in da league
3. )We have 4 players that could be top 5 to 10 at their position
Kobe #1. sg
Gasol# 3 or 4 PF
Odom top 10 at SF or PF
BYNUM # 4 or 5 Center and will rise (21 years old)

4.)We won a ring with a underperforming bench that will improve
5.)we have the best player and offense in da game

The GREAT thing about the lakers is WE WILL ALLWAYS BE GOOD because SUPERSTARs PLAYERS WANNA PLAY IN LA!!!

All tha being said 1 ring is given 2 is probable 3 is possible all on BYNUM!!

soundjunkies2
06-29-2009, 06:07 AM
1 more at the most. The east is too stacked now.

The east only has 3 really good teams, the west has at least 6.

ZebraCity916
06-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Dear LAKer HATERs Stop!!
LOOK I UNDERSTAND U Don't like us but let's be REALISTIC.
So just LOOk AT Da Facts

1.) This is our 2nd straight Finals Appearance
2. )Have the 3rd youngest team in da league
3. )We have 4 players that could be top 5 to 10 at their position
Kobe #1. sg
Gasol# 3 or 4 PF
Odom top 10 at SF or PF
BYNUM # 4 or 5 Center and will rise (21 years old)

4.)We won a ring with a underperforming bench that will improve
5.)we have the best player and offense in da game

The GREAT thing about the lakers is WE WILL ALLWAYS BE GOOD because SUPERSTARs PLAYERS WANNA PLAY IN LA!!!

All tha being said 1 ring is given 2 is probable 3 is possible all on BYNUM!!

Bynum ain't #4-#5 C in the league. He could be but he has to stay healthy for the majority of 2 seasons at least before that can happen.

ZebraCity916
06-29-2009, 06:14 AM
I think they could win one more though maybe. And that's a big maybe.

XJW18
07-03-2009, 03:17 AM
U should add artest into the mix!!

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Winner!

NBA-GMaster
07-16-2010, 09:55 AM
maybe 2 or 3..

JordansBulls
07-16-2010, 03:30 PM
So far I am correct on this trio. 2 titles for them.