PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Carney and 1st round pick traded from Sixers to Wolves for Cash

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Congratulations wolves fans.

its not a done deal yet, but rumor has it.. that Carney, Calvin Booth, and our first were traded to u guys for a trade exception of some sort.

You got a stellar kid in Rodney Carney. He's only 24, has a great 3 point jump shot, played good defense, and can throw down ferocious dunks with the best of em'.

I hate to see him go but the Sixers are making big moves in order to try to sign Elton Brand/ Josh Smith.

I hope you like the kid cus he hustles. He's probably the fastest SG in the NBA right now. His ballhandling needs work but once he gets that right i think he could be a solid contributor on the Wolves and maybe even compete for the starting job.

Rodney Carney Mix:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bgS9GoleDBo

Rodney Carney Facial on Dwyane Wade:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Q-Uyir00BQ&feature=related

Where's KG?
07-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Philadelphia 76ers forward Rodney Carney has been told he will be traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, the centerpiece of a package that could free as much as $2-3 million in additional salary-cap space for the Sixers to offer free agents Elton Brand or Josh Smith, league sources said Monday night.

Two league executives believe Philadelphia has reached an agreement in principle to send Carney, center Calvin Booth and a future No. 1 draft pick to Minnesota for a trade exception. Carney, 24, was told over the weekend by Philadelphia management that he had been sent to Minnesota, a source close to him said.

Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski’s intentions are clear: Get into the bidding with the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors for Brand or make an offer to the Atlanta Hawks’ restricted free agent, Smith, that will be too steep for the franchise’s ownership to match.

Getting Carney and Booth off the cap gives the Sixers the chance to offer a starting salary between $13 and $14 million a season to a free agent. The Sixers won’t know the precise figure until the league announces next season’s salary cap late Tuesday.

Where's KG?
07-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Two league executives believe Philadelphia has reached an agreement in principle to send Carney, center Calvin Booth and a future No. 1 draft pick to Minnesota for a $5 million-plus trade exception born of Mark Blount’s trade.

silverson
07-08-2008, 09:33 AM
The only way this trade makes sense IMO is if we trade McCants so that Carney can find space. Even if not he is a good addition but not where we are looking for players right now.
As for Booth probably to provide a big body and next year he is gone. What do you think?

MrMatteo
07-08-2008, 09:55 AM
5,2 mln...?? mah!

WSU Tony
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Do we have a link? Rotoworld has nothing.

Luv Da New Pack
07-08-2008, 10:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3477424

Does anyone know anything about his decision making or if Carney can play point?

ascdou
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I am a Sixers season ticket holder and I love the Wolves too...if this trade goes thru it'll be GREAT for both teams.

Wolves get : Draft Pick (package it with McCants and get a serviceable PG this free agency because the pick will probably be the 76ers pick they got from Utah for Kyle Korver ..somewhere in the 20's of the first round next year)

Calvin Booth (he sucks, but he's a body to throw out there, but most of all he has only a year left on the contract)

Carney (great clutch 3 point shooter, very athletic...can run the court like a gazelle and plays better "d" than Mike Miller. His downside is that he can't create his own shot and he doesn't have very good ball handling skills, so in response to your question..."no" he can not play PG ...He's a 2 or 3 .

Sixers get: 5.2 million freed up to go pursue Josh Smith, Elton Brand or a signa nd trade with Omeka Ekafor.

Both teams win with this deal. Much like the Jared Allen for draft picks deal the Vikings made with K.C. where both parties got what they wanted.

ascdou
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
sorry bout that guys, my computer went crazy and posted the same response 4 times. if there is a mod that can delete 3 of the responses that would be great

IowaAJ
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
If we get Carney that would be great I loved watching him in college.

IowaAJ
07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I like the Carney trade but I don't know how he fits in our lineup.

pg Foye
sg Carney
sf Miller
Pf Love
C Jefferson.

is this what our lineup will look like or will Carney come off the bench and Gomes will start at smallforward with Miller at the shooting guard.

Where's KG?
07-08-2008, 12:13 PM
There is one piece of this deal that is confusing me...actually he isnt necessarily part of the deal but will be impacted....Rashad McCants....what happens to em? we get another 1st rounder too. We have to look at packaging McCants and that pick for a PG. Like Raymond Felton?

TrueFan23
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
i thought foye would be the point guard of the future

WSU Tony
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
What affect does this trade have with our current and future cap room?

Preuss-is-right
07-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont think it has any effect.

thesparky33
07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I like this trade, but it definitely makes me feel like we aren't done dealing this offseason... McCants is the first to come to mind... hmmmm....?

Preuss-is-right
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree, all signs point to McCants. We have 4 potential 1st round picks so I am sure we can get something good for him if we throw in 1 or 2 of them.

Debater Mike
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
It has no effect. Carney is not going to start and will probably get 10-15 minutes per game, he takes Snyder's spot/role if anything. It does, however, likely mean the end of Smith. Hopefully he goes in a the rumored sign-n-trade for Lowry.

Preuss-is-right
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Why would it mean the end for Smith? They play entirely different positions. Is there a link for this rumor? Getting Lowry would be pretty cool.

WSU Tony
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Maybe I missed the part about getting a draft pick from them? I read it quickly, granted, but I don't remember reading about getting their 1st round pick. I could have missed it.

Shieldsz
07-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Hes a good player and at the end of last season he shot the lights out.

Booth is awful but expiring this yera, and the pick also sucks.

Its not much of a trade but Carney should help you guys off the bench. He isnt aggressive enough and that KILLED him in a sixers uni. When he drives, hes unstoppable though.

WSU Tony
07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I haven't seen anything to say this is official yet but considering FA can start signing at 12:00 AM tomorrow morning it's definitely being pushed forward. This deal can't be official till tomorrow but it looks as good as done unless something drastic happens.

I'd like to see some of our first rounders higher in the draft order, but either way it's tons of ammo to get 1 or 2 (or three or four... lol) good pieces for rebuilding.

FNM BOY
07-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Yep good for you guys in the long run.....better for us now.

tcman2007
07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Two league executives believe Philadelphia has reached an agreement in principle to send Carney, center Calvin Booth and a future No. 1 draft pick to Minnesota for a $5 million-plus trade exception born of Mark Blountís trade.

I read it was the $2.8 million trade exception we acquired in the Mark Blount trade.

Luv Da New Pack
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I'd like to see some of our first rounders higher in the draft order, but either way it's tons of ammo to get 1 or 2 (or three or four... lol) good pieces for rebuilding.

Does anybody know what the most amount of first rounders a team has had in one draft?

WolvesFan23
07-08-2008, 04:58 PM
YES!! Carney can play defense. Watching his games for PHILA last year i was like who is that 76er dunking over all the Pistons and he said Rodney Carney and I was like wow he is a beast and now he is a T-wolf that is sweet
C-Love
PF-Al
SF-Carney
SG-Miller
PG-Foye
Bench-Brewer, Gomes, Collins, Richard, McCants

WOW future Dynasty

ascdou
07-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Foye, Miller, Brewer, Love, Jefferson

bench = gomes, mcants(if not traded), telfair (if retained), and smith

I love the wolves and sixers and though Carney has flashes of brilliance, his overall game is suited for 15-20 minutes off the bench to provide a spark. Good get, but not gonna put the wolves in any new echelon of the mighty Western conference

eric1501
07-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Foye, Miller, Brewer, Love, Jefferson

bench = gomes, mcants(if not traded), telfair (if retained), and smith

I love the wolves and sixers and though Carney has flashes of brilliance, his overall game is suited for 15-20 minutes off the bench to provide a spark. Good get, but not gonna put the wolves in any new echelon of the mighty Western conference

Yeah because he was only 23 years old thats why you only played him 15-20 and you guys had a jam around the SG/SF position. I really think Carney can start for us. We need that length at SF to cover the loss of Jefferson/Love on the blocks. Great move McHale. Thought I would never say that.

WolvesFan23
07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
From Nba draft.net

Rodney Carney
Memphis
NBA Comparison: Richard Jefferson
Strengths: Highlight reel waiting to happen ... One of the most athletic players in all of college basketball ... Jump shot has improved ... Big upside... Long and lean ... Very versatile... Great elevation on jumper which is nearly impossible to block... Confident... Good poise ... Pesky defender ... Blankets defenders with his long arms and quick feet... Anticipates well and plays the passing lanes for steals ... Really gets up and grabs rebounds ... Excellent speed and quickness ...

Weaknesses: Needs to add strength, put time in the weight room and bulk up some ... Can be prone to taking bad shots at times ... Forces shots ... Must become better at handling the ball and creating offense for himself ... Settles with the outside shot instead of trying to get something easier ... Lacks great vision and passing ability ... Needs to shoot with more consistency... Can be too reliant on his athleticism ... Needs to get a little tougher on the court ... Too right hand dependent, needs to become better at handling with his left hand ...

Notes: Indiana State high jump champion in high school clearing 6-feet-11 ... His mother, DeAndra Ware, was the state champion in Indiana High School track and field and held the world record in the 60-yard dash ... Brother of former Tennessee star Ron Slay ...
Mike Apodaca - 6/25/2006

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevman21
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah because he was only 23 years old thats why you only played him 15-20 and you guys had a jam around the SG/SF position. I really think Carney can start for us. We need that length at SF to cover the loss of Jefferson/Love on the blocks. Great move McHale. Thought I would never say that.

Corey Brewer isn't lengthy enough for you?

JBoog35
07-09-2008, 12:36 AM
I am kind of curious where they go from here. This is what I see

PG Foye
SG Brewer
SF Miller
PF Love Doctor
C Big Al.

Bench - McCants, Carney, Collins, (Richard)

These are the only "for sure" pieces in my mind. I think Richard will re-sign, but after that, I see a roster of players that may or may not be on the team and if they are, won't play (Cardinal, Booth, Madsen).

Will Craig Smith re-sign, I hope so, but he really isn't the right type of PF we need anymore. Will Gomes re-sign? Where does he fit in with all the length we have at his spot already in Miller, Carney, and Brewer. He is not the right type of player at the PF spot either.

I know I see a lot of you wanting to deal McCants, but I see a sign and trade option with Gomes or Smith, or a deal involving Carney, or picks before I see them dealing McCants. McCants is the most talented player coming off the bench in the above scenario. His talent should make him the starter, but until he improves his D, Brewer has to play heavy minutes...someone has to play perimeter D.

Basically, I am guessing we have not seen the end of the moves yet. We need clear up the Big Man position. We need to decide the fate of Cardinal and Booth. We need to move on from Gomes and Smith if we are to keep our current core. We also need to move for a PG. All in all, this is ideal to me

PG Foye; player in sign and trade or trade for pick
SG Brewer; McCants (interchangeable)
SF Miller; Carney
PF Love; player in trade or stick with Richard
C Al Jeff; Collins

After this, we play it out and wait to see what the draft picks can net us or wait for the draft. Either way, this roster is headed in the right direction.

boeknows
07-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I read it was the $2.8 million trade exception we acquired in the Mark Blount trade.

Yep and we also gave them a future 2nd round pick.

boeknows
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Hes a good player and at the end of last season he shot the lights out.

Booth is awful but expiring this yera, and the pick also sucks.

Its not much of a trade but Carney should help you guys off the bench. He isnt aggressive enough and that KILLED him in a sixers uni. When he drives, hes unstoppable though.

Dont really know that much about Carney so i cant comment on him.

Booth was a great shot blocker at Penn State. He is 6'11 and if i remember right has a wingspan of at least 7'2. For some reason i was thinking it was 7'6 when he was coming out of college but i cant find it right now.

Also i think the pick could be decent. Depends on which one we get. I have heard it will be the one they got from Utah and i have also heard it is Phillys original one. So it could be decent.

Preuss-is-right
07-09-2008, 12:57 AM
All I can say is I'm glad i saved my Rodney Carney rookie cards. I think he'll do fine or better here, especially if we're not done wheeling and dealing.

I Am Awesome-O
07-09-2008, 02:08 AM
I saw Rodney play every game for all four years he played at Memphis. First off, he is one of the best athletes in the world. He is also the quickest player I've ever seen for his size. He can shoot it lights out, too. If he works on his ball handling and bulks up, look out. He has so much talent and a lot of upside. He was a fan favorite when he was at Memphis and he works his *** off. I'm sure you guys in Minnesota will love him. He's really hard not to like. I wish the Grizzlies made a trade for him, but at least he's out of Philly and can get more playing time now that he's not stuck behind Andre Iguodala. Rod can be a really good player and I'm really rooting for him. He can do it.

Preuss-is-right
07-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the info Awesome-O, your my best friend (butters voice)

brandonwarne52
07-09-2008, 04:57 AM
From the standpoint that we have more roster bodies, it can't be a bad deal.

GOGOGOMEZ08
07-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I like this deal because we didnt really lose anything

eric1501
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Corey Brewer isn't lengthy enough for you?

I am a big Corey Brewer fan but did you see any games last year? Must not have.

Brewer is a top 15 defender RIGHT NOW TODAY and has potential to be a top 5 defender someday. But until he starts hitting shots from 18 even 15 feet away WIDE OPEN instead of air balling it then we can talk about him starting again.

eric1501
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Dont really know that much about Carney so i cant comment on him.

Booth was a great shot blocker at Penn State. He is 6'11 and if i remember right has a wingspan of at least 7'2. For some reason i was thinking it was 7'6 when he was coming out of college but i cant find it right now.

Also i think the pick could be decent. Depends on which one we get. I have heard it will be the one they got from Utah and i have also heard it is Phillys original one. So it could be decent.

How do you know who Calvin Booth is and remember him playing in college and you don't know who Rodney Carney is.

Preuss-is-right
07-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Why wouldnt he know who they are?

IowaAJ
07-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Probably because Boothe played for Penn State so he played against Minnesota. Thats probably why Boe knows him

kEviN21
07-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I am a big Corey Brewer fan but did you see any games last year? Must not have.

Brewer is a top 15 defender RIGHT NOW TODAY and has potential to be a top 5 defender someday. But until he starts hitting shots from 18 even 15 feet away WIDE OPEN instead of air balling it then we can talk about him starting again.

:laugh:

Preuss-is-right
07-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I actually think Brewer is above average not top 15.

blankchannelbob
07-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Minnesota gets
Rodney Carney,SF
Calvin Booth, PF/C
(Cash from Philadelphia paying a large portion of those players salary)
1st Round pick belonging to Utah.

**Minnesota only gets the pick if it does not fall into the following
picks 1-22 protected in 2009
picks 1-17 protected in 2010
picks 1-15 protected in 2011
picks 1-16 protected in 2012
picks 1-16 protected in 2013

If the pick does not happen by 2013, cash will be sent from Utah to Minnesota

Philadelphia gets....
2nd round pick in 2010 which is protected
Philadelphia only the pick if the TWolves are a good team picking in 55-60 in the draft.

If not no pick.

Anaylsis...
A completely one-sided trade. Minnesota does not take on any salary for any length of time as they can get out of both contracts after 1 year (Booth is a free agent after the year and the team has a option for additional year on Carney) They get a first round pick and the 76ers send them money to pay most of their salaries.
The chances are very slim the TWolves would be one of the 5 best teams in the league in 2010 which means they pay nothing.

Luv Da New Pack
07-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Minnesota gets
Rodney Carney,SF
Calvin Booth, PF/C
(Cash from Philadelphia paying a large portion of those players salary)
1st Round pick belonging to Utah.

**Minnesota only gets the pick if it does not fall into the following
picks 1-22 protected in 2009
picks 1-17 protected in 2010
picks 1-15 protected in 2011
picks 1-16 protected in 2012
picks 1-16 protected in 2013

If the pick does not happen by 2013, cash will be sent from Utah to Minnesota

Philadelphia gets....
2nd round pick in 2010 which is protected
Philadelphia only the pick if the TWolves are a good team picking in 55-60 in the draft.

If not no pick.

Anaylsis...
A completely one-sided trade. Minnesota does not take on any salary for any length of time as they can get out of both contracts after 1 year (Booth is a free agent after the year and the team has a option for additional year on Carney) They get a first round pick and the 76ers send them money to pay most of their salaries.
The chances are very slim the TWolves would be one of the 5 best teams in the league in 2010 which means they pay nothing.

Doesn't it feel good to GET a steal instead of giving one? From what I've heard of Carney, he seems like he'd be a great addition because he can hit shots, knows what Defense is, and who wants to show what he can do. Booth can block shots.....and we practically give up nothing.

foofighter97
07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I think for the first time in my life kevin mchale made a move that i have no doubt was the right one. And just to be sure im not going to watch next years draft.

blankchannelbob
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Watching Carney extensively here are some observations...
Positives.
He was the best athlete on the court. That's saying something with the young, athletic Sixers team
He is lighting quick with a great vertical.

Negatives.
First half of last year he played sparingly and poorly.
He came out of college as a quality 3 shooter and a good defender.
You didn't see any of those qualities.
Body language/ self confidence was poor
Cheeks encouraged him to just focus on being a strong defender.

During a fan group meeting with Stefanski (76ers GM) the change occured due to PF Reggie Evans. Reggie Evans is real lunch pail guy.
He arrives every day and out on the court at 3:30pm for a 7pm game.
Reggie Evans told Carney that Ray Allen would arrive at the same time when they were playing together in Seattle. Allen would shoot a hundred shots before the game even started.

After this Carney starting showing up early putting up a lot of shots before the game. Consequently his average was up two points a game and he was earning more minutes. He made some big shots down the stretch for the 76ers including 2 (3 pointers) to come back to beat Chicago when they were down 20 in the 4th quarter.

After his success, he was not gun shy throwing up shots including the playoff series against Detroit.

One caveat, the 76ers, since Iverson left, have developed into a hard working lunch pail group. They developed a culture of practice dedication and hussle.
Their best player (Iguodola) is their leader behind this.
They beat most teams ( like the two games they beat Detroit in the playoffs) through hussle- jumping passing lanes, tipping rebounds, good defense.
That's how they have rebounded so quickly after trading their franchise player.

Minnesota has not developed that culture yet. Will he fall into poor work habits due to a bad support system?

WSU Tony
07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow, Blank, that's for this great info. Inside source? ;)

ALL TOGETHER
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I think we will get that 1st rounder next year.

The Jazz are stacked in a mediocre division.

ALL TOGETHER
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow, Blank, that's for this great info. Inside source? ;)

Yeah.

That was great info. Thanks Blank.

Luv Da New Pack
07-10-2008, 12:52 AM
I think for the first time in my life kevin mchale made a move that i have no doubt was the right one. And just to be sure im not going to watch next years draft.

When you look at the deal, it's hard for me to give McHale ANY kind of credit. This deal is like accepting Kobe or KG for McCants. It's a no-brainer.

For an organization to call and say "we'll give you 1 young scorer, a Center who'll be off the books next season, and a 1st rounder for pretty much your second rounder next season". What would you say?

WSU Tony
07-10-2008, 12:55 AM
For an organization to call and say "we'll give you 1 young scorer, a Center who'll be off the books next season, and a 1st rounder for pretty much your second rounder next season". What would you say?

Let me get back to you, I have to go to the bathroom.

ALL TOGETHER
07-10-2008, 01:32 AM

I bet the Sixers hid Anthrax in Booth's giant ears to infect our entire oganization.

Just like when the Greek soldiers gave the Trojans a giant horse as a peace offering, but it was all just a scheme to get inside their fortress and kill all the Greeks in the dark of night. lol

boeknows
07-10-2008, 03:33 AM
How do you know who Calvin Booth is and remember him playing in college and you don't know who Rodney Carney is.

I never said i didnt know who Carney is i just said i dont know a whole lot about him. And like someone else said Booth went to Penn State and was in the Big Ten. I know a lot more about big 10 players then i do about players in conference USA. U was exposed to him more than i was to Carney. Plus i just remember wanting us to get him in the second round because he has such a big wingspan and is a nice shot blocker.

boeknows
07-10-2008, 03:38 AM
I think we will get that 1st rounder next year.

The Jazz are stacked in a mediocre division.

You do realize thats our division.

ALL TOGETHER
07-10-2008, 04:47 AM
You do realize thats our division.

You do realize that we are mediocre.

GOGOGOMEZ08
07-10-2008, 05:10 PM

HAHA touche

tc_guy
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
no doubt this was a no brainer trade for the timberwolves....but i think most are missing the point as far as the sixers go....they pretty much traded a late first round pick, and two less than mediocre players for ELTON BRAND....i'd say the sixers got the steal in this trade, not the wolves

ALL TOGETHER
07-10-2008, 05:29 PM
no doubt this was a no brainer trade for the timberwolves....but i think most are missing the point as far as the sixers go....they pretty much traded a late first round pick, and two less than mediocre players for ELTON BRAND....i'd say the sixers got the steal in this trade, not the wolves

You're wrong.

This is one of those rare trades where BOTH teams steal.

The T-Wolves weren't even in the Brand sweepstakes.

WSU Tony
07-10-2008, 05:55 PM
You're wrong.

That would make him right. You agreed with his post. He said it was a steal for the wolves, you said it was a steal for both teams. How does that make either of you right or wrong?

ALL TOGETHER
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
That would make him right. You agreed with his post. He said it was a steal for the wolves, you said it was a steal for both teams. How does that make either of you right or wrong?

OMG. Are you serious Tony?

Read my post again. Think objectively. Repost. lol.

ALL TOGETHER
07-10-2008, 06:17 PM
He said it was a steal for the wolves

He said the Wolves didn't get a steal. Man, Come on Tony.:rolleyes:

boeknows
07-10-2008, 08:08 PM

Yes but Portland is a rising team, Denver is a good team and the Sonics are also a young rising team like us. I think Portland and Denver could give them a run for their money this year. Especially if Denver is going to make some moves this year with trades and such.

Mrphilly
07-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I miss Carney already!!! I think he plays the game like he has something to prove. He can jump out the roof and hit the 3 pointer. He cant really handle the ball, but his first step is so quick, he is at the basket before you know it. He will be a fan favorite, TRUST!!!

I will be watching closely, with Nova's Randy Foye and one of my favorite sixers Carney. I could find myself rooting for the T-wolves. Im already a Die Hard Vikings fan(shhh, dont tell the people in philly)

The Lizard King
07-11-2008, 04:24 AM
Yes but Portland is a rising team, Denver is a good team and the Sonics are also a young rising team like us. I think Portland and Denver could give them a run for their money this year. Especially if Denver is going to make some moves this year with trades and such.

Denver is on and off, and Portland is unproven.

If you take Utah out of the NW, compared to the rest of the Western Conference, It is a mediocre division.

boeknows
07-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Denver is on and off, and Portland is unproven.

If you take Utah out of the NW, compared to the rest of the Western Conference, It is a mediocre division.

But the point of it was if we would get the Jazz pick. If either Portland or Denver makes the playoffs ahead of them we probably wont be getting that pick. Thats the main thing i was getting at. Guess i was thinking in a different direction than everyone else.

ALL TOGETHER
07-12-2008, 08:26 PM
But the point of it was if we would get the Jazz pick. If either Portland or Denver makes the playoffs ahead of them we probably wont be getting that pick. Thats the main thing i was getting at. Guess i was thinking in a different direction than everyone else.

I said that none of those teams will finish ahead Utah because Utah is stacked, and Portland, Minnesota, Denver and Seattle/Oklahoma City are all mediocre.

Hense, We will get Utah's pick.

boeknows
07-13-2008, 12:02 AM
He said that none of those teams will finish ahead Utah because Utah is stacked, and Portland, Minnesota, Denver and Seattle/Oklahoma City are all mediocre.

Hense, We will get Utah's pick.

So u dont think there is any chance that Portland or Denver will win the division?

The Lizard King
07-13-2008, 12:35 AM
So u dont think there is any chance that Portland or Denver will win the division?

There's a chance. I don't think they will though.

boeknows
07-13-2008, 02:21 AM
There's a chance. I don't think they will though.

Well they are going to have to do better than just win the division for us to get the pick since it is top 22 protected.

The Lizard King
07-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Well they are going to have to do better than just win the division for us to get the pick since it is top 22 protected.

Yeah.

Utah should compete for one of 8 best records next year.

The East doesn't usually produce many 50 game winners, and they are of the elite in the West.

I actually pegged them to win it all next year.