PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm really glad Joe Buck isn't on FSN anymore.

EdmondsAve
07-08-2008, 04:53 AM
During Sunday's game, Mr. Buck referred to Ankiel as a "career failure." Good f-ing riddance, I say. I'm betting The Natural will have the last laugh, though. I just don't understand how you could kick a guy thats persevered as much as Rick and come out on top again. I used to get so pissed when he was on with Al instead of Dan McLaughlin. He's becoming a modern Harry Carey (whom I also despised), and ruins more sporting events on average as a broadcaster than Dennis Miller with his infamous MNF run.

To hell with any broadcaster who would admit to watching The Bachelorette than sports. Maybe he will eventually take his sorry *** to the even-more-sorry assed Fox News Channel where he can help in the brainwashing of stupid people and Texans. That was redundant eh?

BradJackson
07-08-2008, 10:48 AM
i wish i had seen it for myself. so i could weigh in on the subject, but i didn't.
:shrug:

personally. i like him quite a bit. :nod:

JayhawkWild
07-08-2008, 12:17 PM
During Sunday's game, Mr. Buck referred to Ankiel as a "career failure." Good f-ing riddance, I say. I'm betting The Natural will have the last laugh, though. I just don't understand how you could kick a guy thats persevered as much as Rick and come out on top again. I used to get so pissed when he was on with Al instead of Dan McLaughlin. He's becoming a modern Harry Carey (whom I also despised), and ruins more sporting events on average as a broadcaster than Dennis Miller with his infamous MNF run.

To hell with any broadcaster who would admit to watching The Bachelorette than sports. Maybe he will eventually take his sorry *** to the even-more-sorry assed Fox News Channel where he can help in the brainwashing of stupid people and Texans. That was redundant eh?

I watched that game, and remember that part, but I dont think that it what he meant. I remember him talking about Ankiel turning his career failure into something out of the movies.

CardzRule
07-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't think Texans are stupid. Last I checked, I'm a Texan in St. Louis, and my IQ is over 150. And I like fox news channel. If you want to watch stupid news, go over to CBS.

Anyway, I think you're taking stuff out of context from this Sunday's game. JayhalkWild's interpretation is correct. However, I still don't like any guy that calls throwing a ball while it's stuck in your glove "intelligent" :). Or has one pitch of voice. Or could not smile/laugh to save his mother's soul.

Vegasguy80
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
What are you talking about? Sunday's game? Sunday's game on TBS wasn't Joe Buck announcing. It was Chip Carry and Buck Martinez. And they weren't bad mouthing Ankiel they were praising him saying that his failed pitching career turned batter was made for movies.

Vegasguy80
07-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I don't think Texans are stupid. Last I checked, I'm a Texan in St. Louis, and my IQ is over 150. And I like fox news channel. If you want to watch stupid news, go over to CBS.

Anyway, I think you're taking stuff out of context from this Sunday's game. JayhalkWild's interpretation is correct. However, I still don't like any guy that calls throwing a ball while it's stuck in your glove "intelligent" :). Or has one pitch of voice. Or could not smile/laugh to save his mother's soul.

Wow, why is the guy bad mouthing news channels? I didn't know those had anything to do with baseball.

natepro
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Wow. Who doesn't love a little politics mixed in with their sports?

nstachowski
07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Ive always thought that Joe Buck is an overrated announcer

CardzRule
07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I know. OMG! LET'S FORM A DEBATE THREAD!

Wait, no, no, no...

stlfan544
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I think Bucks comments weren't really bashing rick it was more like he was making a point but I do believe Buck needs to stick to football.

He did say something like this about rick I remember " Here you have a career failure pitcher, and next thing you know he decides to retire as a pitcher and decides to put his efforts and career toward working as an everyday outfielder."

It really wasn't a bashing, I know the first 7 words of his comment i have up there are exactly what he said can't remember the exact words really. Joe buck does suck as a baseball commentator.