PDA

View Full Version : Marbury over Crawford?

BlacknSilver9
07-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Don't know if this thread was posted yet, but is there anyone that would like to keep Marbury over Crawford? They obviously can not be on the court at the same time because Crawford wants the ball way too much in my opinion. Anyone agree/disagree?

THE MTL
07-08-2008, 01:38 AM
I disagree they can both be on the court at the same time. Marbury is better than Crawford in every aspect of the game. He would put up better defense at SG than Crawford would. Much more consistent than Crawford and shoots at a good percentage.

You can argue it.

However, I say we keep both players or we go the route of Crawford's value is high so trade him???? I like Crawford though, so I'll keep him. Whatever Walsh wants to do.

javaid64
07-08-2008, 02:05 AM
Crawford is to overated and please people don't talk about stats and sh**. Look Crawford and his team's have never won more than 33 games. He has never made the playoffs. Marbury has made the playoffs i tell you that When he was on the suns back in 2003 in the first round the Suns with Marbury gave the then winners spurs the most problems in the playoffs. he has made the playoffs went to the playoffs a few times. People always complain he never made it to the next round. The same arguement can be made for several players, one significant one is T-Mac. now im not comparing talent but playoffs experience. People you got to understand its not Marbury who causes the team to lose but the other overpaid guys who never played significant roles on the team in the playoffs. since Crawford came we have never won. His always takes a ton of shot and at a bad percentage. Crawford has always been a loser. Think about this, the bulls got better with crawford off the team, they were pretty good with curry on the team, so i give crawford most of the blame for how the team turned out. when he was give PG duties with marbury out he was a total bust and proved With crawford in charge we truly are at best a lottery team bound for worst 5 team in the league.

NYK All the Way
07-08-2008, 02:09 AM
I'd take Marburys talent over Crawford's and Crawford's attitude over Marbury's.

DeeJay
07-08-2008, 04:00 AM
Crawford is to overated and please people don't talk about stats and sh**. Look Crawford and his team's have never won more than 33 games. He has never made the playoffs. Marbury has made the playoffs i tell you that When he was on the suns back in 2003 in the first round the Suns with Marbury gave the then winners spurs the most problems in the playoffs. he has made the playoffs went to the playoffs a few times. People always complain he never made it to the next round. The same arguement can be made for several players, one significant one is T-Mac. now im not comparing talent but playoffs experience. People you got to understand its not Marbury who causes the team to lose but the other overpaid guys who never played significant roles on the team in the playoffs. since Crawford came we have never won. His always takes a ton of shot and at a bad percentage. Crawford has always been a loser. Think about this, the bulls got better with crawford off the team, they were pretty good with curry on the team, so i give crawford most of the blame for how the team turned out. when he was give PG duties with marbury out he was a total bust and proved With crawford in charge we truly are at best a lottery team bound for worst 5 team in the league.

Crawford a loser?
And Marbury aint?
All the teams he left got instantly better.

Why dont you crawl back into Marbury's xxx?

westcoasteagle
07-08-2008, 04:08 AM
I'd take Marburys talent over Crawford's and Crawford's attitude over Marbury's.

I agree. Combine the two and we'd have a great player.

freedas
07-08-2008, 06:18 AM

thats ridiculous, crawford is a better player to keep on the knicks, marbury never won with suns nets or wolves was a problem on every team he played for, so why would you want to keep him over crawford. everyone on the team hates marbury, q got into a fight with him nate hates him, even m d'ontoni traded him the second he got to the suns. that should show you that marbury is a big chemistry killer. and by the way crawford is a better sg than marbury. crawford is not a pg, and shouldnt play pg, shoots too much, crawford also has a better fgp than marbury. i say buyout marbury contract trade zach randolph and buyout jerome james contract. save room for LBJ 2010. ONLY WAY he would come to the knicks over nets is if at the time whoever has a better supporting cast.nets already have.

trout1627
07-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Don't know if this thread was posted yet, but is there anyone that would like to keep Marbury over Crawford? They obviously can not be on the court at the same time because Crawford wants the ball way too much in my opinion. Anyone agree/disagree?

Disagree. Marbury should be kept only as long as it takes to trade him or buy him out at a reduced sum. While I agree with those who say that he will have an outstanding season becasue he wants to prove himself for the following year, my understanding is that no other player likes him. Time to build new chemistry even if the price is Marbury.

gotham
07-08-2008, 07:38 AM
If the rest of the roster don't want Marbury then what is the arguement? Talent is one thing but he is not a team player according to various reports. What has he done to make the team better? He has alienated (spelling?) several teammates and honestly, he is wasted talent the simply doesn't benefit the team.

PJAF
07-08-2008, 08:13 AM
If I had to choose I'd take Crawford. Steph is better at handling the point but Craw is go to in the clutch and was high point man last year. Craw is a better shooter too. I like them both but if I have to choose it's Craw over Marbs.

cypherthor
07-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Crawford would do better with some sort of system. Last year i watched time and time again trying to force feed the post until curry or Z-bo turned it over or crawford got it in the last 6 seconds of the shot clock. He had to force so many shots.. that was partly why his shooting percentages are so low. I have a feeling that on a team he is not asked to do as much he would shoot better. How many open shots did he take last year? He should be running off of screens like hamilton, or reggie.. or shooting a three on the fast break. Crawford is also younger, and it is uncertain if he has even peeked yet. If we can trade him for someone of good value do it, that goes for any player on this team, but if not he is an important part of our future for better or worse.

MSG34
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I'd like to see Crawford in Mike D's system before we got rid of him but if that doesn't happen its not the end of the world. Crawfords younger and a way better team player than Steph. Steph hasn't played a full season in like 4 seasons. I also think its better for the team if we chose Crawford. Stephs 20 8 stat line will come at the cost of Ws.

still a fan
07-08-2008, 09:59 AM
For what Craw makes he is worth every penny. I am hoping to see him flourish in Mikes system.
Marbury is way overpaid for what he brings as a total picture to an organization. Right now it is easy to say the Craw has a lot more value on the trade market and is easier to trade.
His contract does run into the 2010 plans but one has to look at what he brings and what he gets paid for it. We can't strip the entire organization on a hope and prayer for a marquee player in 2010.

In Isiah's system I don't think anyone can play together and we really can't judge from what we saw, it was terrible.

In a running system yes I can see them on the court together, they both need to focus on changing their games to meet the teams needs.

As a Marbury supporter not to get bought out if I had to make a choice based on everything, if he could be traded he would have to be the one to go. Its one year and Craw gives us a better future and outlook.

Orange N Blue15
07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
For everything bad thats been said about Marbury atleast he took us to the playoffs that one year...it wasnt till crawford came in when the losing really started happening i know we got swept by the nets that year but atleast that knick team had good chemistry and crawford ruined that in my opinion ill take marbury over crawford if there was some way we could get rid of jamals contract for one that expires in 2010

Orange N Blue15
07-08-2008, 12:44 PM
tust me i know we only won 39 games that year...and that the two years before that we didnt make the playoffs im just saying Marburys been to the playoffs once with us and crawford hasnt

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 12:48 PM
As of right now, Crawford is a better scorer than Marbury only because he is younger and taller and can shoot the ball better. Marbury back in the day is 10x better than Crawford.

I think Crawford's going to have a breakout year. I'd keep Craw.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
crawford is not going anywhere!!!