PDA

View Full Version : Who is better at sf, Beasley or Marion????

kntresistheheat
07-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Guy's as much as I love marion, We might need to trade him regardless because I dont think beasley can play PF? After watching his game in college and the camp game today....He looks like more of a sf he did not post one time and in college he bareley did it, and if we dont trade marion how are they going to co-exist marion or beasley cant post neither one of centers cant either? I think wade and beasley would be fine but beasley might take away marions game we need a post game from somebody, Not to say beasley wont eventually will become a pf? I know there was talks about trading marion for a pg but I think we would need a pf that can post and run with the team or atleast a center that can post, which theres really none out there! I think some how we do need brand? Thought's??????

Diehardheatfan
07-08-2008, 01:20 AM
I think we could still trade marion even if beasley plays the 4!!! Wright is gonna be awesome if we can just get the right point guard. Trade marion or haslem. One of the 2

twissst89
07-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Dont need Brand, we need to stick with youth. But we do need to trade Marion. He isnt going to be here after next year so we might as well get something for him even if its draft picks. I still think Marion for Bobby Simmons, Stromlie Swift and Sean Williams is our best bet. I think Sean Williams cud play center and wud really work good with Beasley. That and sign and trade J. Will for Steven Hunter. Dont trade Haslem and Wright will be amazing.

mister freeze
07-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Guy's as much as I love marion, We might need to trade him regardless because I dont think beasley can play PF? After watching his game in college and the camp game today....He looks like more of a sf he did not post one time and in college he bareley did it, and if we dont trade marion how are they going to co-exist marion or beasley cant post neither one of centers cant either? I think wade and beasley would be fine but beasley might take away marions game we need a post game from somebody, Not to say beasley wont eventually will become a pf? I know there was talks about trading marion for a pg but I think we would need a pf that can post and run with the team or atleast a center that can post, which theres really none out there! I think some how we do need brand? Thought's??????

But that would work to our advantage because he can take opposing PF's off the dribble...With Marion and Beasley we'd have a dynamic tandem at the forward spot because they're both interchangeable. I don't want to trade Marion, I think he helps us more being on the team then being off of it...We won't get equal value for Marion unless it were for Ellis, Boozer, Brand or Smith...

kntresistheheat
07-08-2008, 02:04 AM
I must say, I do agree with you!....But how do we take care of the post up game? Every team I think has one and if out perimeter game is not working then we have to go the post game and if they double or something we can play the outside inside game. I still think we need a post game and a pg which I know everyone know's but a post game is needed?

But that would work to our advantage because he can take opposing PF's off the dribble...With Marion and Beasley we'd have a dynamic tandem at the forward spot because they're both interchangeable. I don't want to trade Marion, I think he helps us more being on the team then being off of it...We won't get equal value for Marion unless it were for Ellis, Boozer, Brand or Smith...

Mambo Kings
07-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Beasley is a Power Forward and will always be a Power Forward.

Don't be confused by the fact he's got tremendous range on his jumpshot or that his perimeter game is so smooth. He is not a natural 3 and it's unrealistic to think he'd be successful in that spot. He's quick, but not as quick as most Small Forwards who would eat him alive if he were out on the perimeter all the time. He would actually be at a disadvantage facing natural players at that position (and that's not what we want...we want the advantage in our favor).

He's smaller than we'd like, this is true, but as Kevin McHale pointed out - an inch here or there doesn't make any difference in the game of basketball - it's how you play the game...how "long" you are (he said this in response to questions about Beasley's height, pre-draft). B-Easy can take taller (slower) players off the dribble any day of the week, and he'll do so best from his natural Power Forward position. His quickness against Power Forwards becomes an asset, not to mention he's a great rebounder and has a variety of post moves in his arsenal.

daleja424
07-08-2008, 07:44 AM
I must say, I do agree with you!....But how do we take care of the post up game? Every team I think has one and if out perimeter game is not working then we have to go the post game and if they double or something we can play the outside inside game. I still think we need a post game and a pg which I know everyone know's but a post game is needed?

You are thinking too much inside the box. Beasley is a talent that could redefine the PF position IMO. Beasley can be very very effective at PF. He may not truely post up guys but he takes it to the hole often and scored 28 points against the Bulls starting frontcourt in 22 minutes. He may not be a traditional PF in the NBA... but he is a PF!

SwaggaIke
07-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I see a lot of people saying that if we don't trade Marion we will get nothing back for him. IMO we've already got plenty back for him. Getting rid of Shaq's contract that would have held us hostage until '10. And 17 million in cap space to sign a free agent of our choice next season. Marion will play the best ball of his career this year in hopes of getting one last fat contract. I expect him to do everything in his power to make himself and this team look good.

daleja424
07-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I see a lot of people saying that if we don't trade Marion we will get nothing back for him. IMO we've already got plenty back for him. Getting rid of Shaq's contract that would have held us hostage until '10. And 17 million in cap space to sign a free agent of our choice next season. Marion will play the best ball of his career this year in hopes of getting one last fat contract. I expect him to do everything in his power to make himself and this team look good.

I agree. No sense in trading marion for average talent when we can spend the 17 mil next summer in FA. For exmaple... if we sign Boozer next summer we will have basically traded Marion for boozer... plus we had a year of marion with wade and beasley to contend...

MiamiHeat
07-08-2008, 10:30 AM
He had no problem with noah or tyrus or gray in the summer league
so pf IS GOOD, but i know in the nba theres way better pf than noah or gray.

twissst89
07-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Beasley dont need to post up. Garnet didnt this season and they got a championship.

As for Marion I see peeople want to let his contract expire and get Boozer. I think Boozer can play center but a lot of people disagreed. Its either that or Beasley wud play SF, so which way wud u want it? I personally wud put Boozer at center.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM

Delete Mod. Double post.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Delete. Mod Double post.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 11:04 AM

PF isnt always about Posting up, i mean come on haslem almost never posts up. And by the way beasley did Post up yesterday, just not deep but he did like 8 times, but instead of moving inward, he faded away, which is his fav move. But he looks like Brand out there, but with a way better shot, he just needs to get a bit more muscle.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Don't be confused by the fact he's got tremendous range on his jumpshot or that his perimeter game is so smooth. He is not a natural 3 and it's unrealistic to think he'd be successful in that spot. He's quick, but not as quick as most Small Forwards who would eat him alive if he were out on the perimeter all the time. He would actually be at a disadvantage facing natural players at that position (and that's not what we want...we want the advantage in our favor).

He's smaller than we'd like, this is true, but as Kevin McHale pointed out - an inch here or there doesn't make any difference in the game of basketball - it's how you play the game...how "long" you are (he said this in response to questions about Beasley's height, pre-draft). B-Easy can take taller (slower) players off the dribble any day of the week, and he'll do so best from his natural Power Forward position. His quickness against Power Forwards becomes an asset, not to mention he's a great rebounder and has a variety of post moves in his arsenal.

Imagine if hes playing Defense on Lebron, OMG hes sooo going to get left behind, but i have to agree with you, Hes fast for a PF, but not fast enough for a SF, Beside did you see yesterday, how many open lanes Mario had because all beasley did was set a pick and roll, Mario either passed it back to him or gave it to a WIDE open man, how can you not play him at PF.

Master Mind
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM

Imagine if hes playing Defense on Lebron, OMG hes sooo going to get left behind, but i have to agree with you, Hes fast for a PF, but not fast enough for a SF, Beside did you see yesterday, how many open lanes Mario had because all beasley did was set a pick and roll, Mario either passed it back to him or gave it to a WIDE open man, how can you not play him at PF.

Ok I agree and disagree with everyone's arguments to some degree but we can go back and forth with this all day until we actually see him play the SF position...

-At the PF position

Beasley can take opposing PFs off the dribble with ease (with the exception of a few). He can stretch the court to our advantage meaning unclogging the hole (open lanes) by pulling opposing PFs out on the perimeter or just by pick and rolls/pop. The kid loves to rebound so that's not a problem, he knows how to use his body and position himself.

At the SF position

Beasley may not be as quick as half the SF in the league but he's certainly as big if not bigger. Offensively there's no problem seeing how he drives with such strength that it would be difficult for opposing SFs to stop him from getting to the hole. He can also post up which works to his advantage against opposing SFs. As for the man child Lebron James it's hard for anybody to guard him but that doesn't mean Michael Beasley can't take it to him (offensively of course). Beasley has great body control in the air especially against contact so I would expect him to be physical with opposing SFs because he's not gonna outrun half of them...

The problem at both positions for Beasley is defense but he'll get better at it in due time

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Ok I agree and disagree with everyone's arguments to some degree but we can go back and forth with this all day until we actually see him play the SF position...

-At the PF position

Beasley can take opposing PFs off the dribble with ease (with the exception of a few). He can stretch the court to our advantage meaning unclogging the hole (open lanes) by pulling opposing PFs out on the perimeter or just by pick and rolls/pop. The kid loves to rebound so that's not a problem, he knows how to use his body and position himself.

At the SF position

Beasley may not be as quick as half the SF in the league but he's certainly as big if not bigger. Offensively there's no problem seeing how he drives with such strength that it would be difficult for opposing SFs to stop him from getting to the hole. He can also post up which works to his advantage against opposing SFs. As for the man child Lebron James it's hard for anybody to guard him but that doesn't mean Michael Beasley can't take it to him (offensively of course). Beasley has great body control in the air especially against contact so I would expect him to be physical with opposing SFs because he's not gonna outrun half of them...

The problem at both positions for Beasley is defense but he'll get better at it in due time

Couldnt say it any better myself nice.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I think Beasley will start every game at the PF postion, but then he will get moved to the SF postion aslo every once in a while.

Master Mind
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I think Beasley will start every game at the PF postion, but then he will get moved to the SF postion aslo every once in a while.

Me too...He's a hybrid forward :p

Diehardheatfan
07-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Man id keep matrix if he would take 3 years 30 million

fins08
07-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I voted Marion. He played there sometimes in Phoenix. Beasley has been a down low PF all his life. he has a "7,2" wingspan. He is a rebounder that is not really a wing player, but despite that he isn't a wing player, he can still play it very well. I don't know how to word this one. Help!