PDA

View Full Version : Trade Value: Mets Farn

Johan=LightsOut
07-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Occordibg to Metsblog.com Before trading CC Sabathia go thé Brewers Indians GN Mark Shapario contacted Mets GM about trading Sabathia go thé Mets for a package that incmuded prospect Fernando Martinez either starting pitcher jon niese or eddie kunz and a lowlevel prospect
what would other teams give for this package

phillyphan4ever
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Adam Eaton :p

cwilson21
07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Livan Hernandez.

nyyfan4life
07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
:puke:

Mets farm system

Johan=LightsOut
07-08-2008, 12:01 AM
really martinez is a top 15 prospect kunz and niese are hard throwing pitcher

ugafan
07-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Yeah, outside of Martinez it's ****. And he's overrated too, just because he's your top prospect doesn't make him anybody elses, the Braves for example have 2-3 better than him(Schafer, Heyward etc.

cwilson21
07-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Martinez has struggled and been hurt all year if I'm not mistaken.

Kenny
07-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah, outside of Martinez it's ****. And he's overrated too, just because he's your top prospect doesn't make him anybody elses, the Braves for example have 2-3 better than him(Schafer, Heyward etc.

The guy is in top 20 prospects in baseball america and he is one of the youngest guys in the top 20. Besides the fact he is a teenager playing well in double a.

ugafan
07-08-2008, 12:07 AM
He is number 20 meaning he barely cracked the list, his injuries make me and I'm sure others question him, but too answer the question, I wouldn't give up too much.

jetsfan28
07-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Just out of curiosity, how many times have you seen him or the other guys to make that judgement?

FC_4_life
07-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I'd give Jonathan Sanchez for that package

PhillyLuver
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
The Mets could get a ton for that package, imo.

Martinez seems like the real deal, and the other low-level guys aren't awful.

I'd say they could get comparable value to the Johan deal they made

PhillyUD26
07-08-2008, 12:51 AM
How many of these threads are you gonna make?

GearsofRock
07-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Who'da thought a philly would be the first to compliment us? Hah. Gotta love what 10 games of beating the snot out of eachother has done for Met and Philly fans.

cali72888
07-08-2008, 01:02 AM
sanchez and the mets would have to throw in another prospect, or a vet roll player who is cheap.

Humongo
07-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Jon Sanchez for F-Mart and 2 other top prospects? That's not likely.

jmtapia
07-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Scott Thorman and Chuck James........

METS4LIFE1988
07-08-2008, 03:40 AM

Mets farm system

So far Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes = :puke:

jmtapia
07-08-2008, 03:50 AM

WOW thats saying a lot Kennedy is 23 and Hughes is 22. You would kill to have them in your system.

nyyfan4life
07-08-2008, 03:52 AM

Yes but both are still young enough to turn it around. Where were the likes of Johan Santana, Brandon Webb and others at the age of 21? And how well they were doing? Hughes is still just 21 and has shown flashes of what he can do. Also Hughes didn't count as a prospect this past year and the Yanks still had a top 5 farm. We are way more stacked than the Mets.

sportwiz628
07-08-2008, 08:07 AM

At least one person makes sense! Everyone else should really look in to those specs. Martinez is a very VERY young top 20 spec who is hitting well for AA and Kunz and Niese are hard throwing pitchers that have alot of skills. people project Kunz to be the closer of the future.

sportwiz628
07-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes but both are still young enough to turn it around. Where were the likes of Johan Santana, Brandon Webb and others at the age of 21? And how well they were doing? Hughes is still just 21 and has shown flashes of what he can do. Also Hughes didn't count as a prospect this past year and the Yanks still had a top 5 farm. We are way more stacked than the Mets.

How much do you think people would give up for hughes and kennedy?

bosox3431
07-08-2008, 08:22 AM
How much do you think people would give up for hughes and kennedy?

If I were a GM, id trade a pitcher like Sabthia or Santana if Hughes was coming back in the deal. Now Kennedy I always thought was pretty overrated, but he'll be a solid back end of the rotation type of guy.

C-ross12
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
If I were a GM, id trade a pitcher like Sabthia or Santana if Hughes was coming back in the deal. Now Kennedy I always thought was pretty overrated, but he'll be a solid back end of the rotation type of guy.

Hit the nail on the head. Hughes is really good, but I too believe Kennedy is a bit overrated.

Johan=LightsOut
07-08-2008, 09:58 AM
what about like jason bay and zacck duke and we give you eddie kunz and jon niese

viktor06
07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
what about like jason bay and zacck duke and we give you eddie kunz and jon niese

What about you go away and never come back, you are ashaming rational Mets fans

The A Team
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM

I would love for the Mets to trade their last prospect. Please do.

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Mets farm system

yeah b/c the Yanks are so deep that as soon as their pitchers get hurt they bring up a 30 year old reliever(Giese) and the great Darrell Rasner!

Newport05
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I think i seen someone say kennedy & hughes are good LMAO. You can say potential to be good im fine with that... But these guys have been terrible wait till they actually do something b4 you say their good.

The A Team
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I think Hughes has shown enough to pencil him in as a mid rotation starter if you're willing to assume he can stay healthy. Kennedy strikes me as one of those guys who'll bounce around a lot and finally start to show consistent success when he's 28 and on his 5th team. Kind of like a Kyle Lohse.

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I think Hughes has shown enough to pencil him in as a mid rotation starter if you're willing to assume he can stay healthy. Kennedy strikes me as one of those guys who'll bounce around a lot and finally start to show consistent success when he's 28 and on his 5th team. Kind of like a Kyle Lohse.

I agree. Hughes is a guy I can see having some great potential, but Kennedy from what Ive seen he's a #4 or #5 at best. I also like the Kyle Lohse reference and can see that happening

ShinobiNYC
07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I think i seen someone say kennedy & hughes are good LMAO. You can say potential to be good im fine with that... But these guys have been terrible wait till they actually do something b4 you say their good.

His no-hit bid in the 7th innings agt Texas until he got hurt was a small sample of what he is capable off, add the 5 innings in the playoffs where he had 6 ks, 0 BB and just 3 Hits and 0 ER is another one...Did I say he is still 22 and he was hurt this season?

You'll change your mind sooner than later, trust me. Pelfrey had to wait soemthing like 3 years to show us how good he can be and he still has to show that consistency yet. The same will happen with both Hughes and Joba.

Brian Webstar
07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Mets won't trade Fernando Martinez. Really I wouldn't mind seeing them give Freddy Garcia a shot.. Could be a low cost high reward.. Might not be, but worth the gamble. Mets are NOT going to trade Fernando that would be downright stupid. Look @ OF situation as it is. Alou goes on the DL ever couple games after he comes off it and Church isn't looking good, could be shut down for the year.. If anythign we don't need any more pitching, unless it comes cheap, the amazins should be looking for another bat for the OF.
I see Fernando much like the Dodgers did Kemp. Matt Kemp was injury prone from high school up. now look @ him, and would it really be a bad idea to try to get FMart to move to 1b?? cutting down on the injury threat??? Carlos is on his backend. Why not experiment more with FMart @ 1b??

Newport05
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
His no-hit bid in the 7th innings agt Texas until he got hurt was a small sample of what he is capable off, add the 5 innings in the playoffs where he had 6 ks, 0 BB and just 3 Hits and 0 ER is another one...Did I say he is still 22 and he was hurt this season?

You'll change your mind sooner than later, trust me. Pelfrey had to wait soemthing like 3 years to show us how good he can be and he still has to show that consistency yet. The same will happen with both Hughes and Joba.

I remember the almost no no i actually watched that game & was rooting for him. And i think hughes will be a solid #2 for years but to say he is good so far is a bit of a reach. But IMO i don't like Kennedy at all.

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Why not experiment more with FMart @ 1b??

There have been talk within the Mets organization about moving the kid to first. The thing is he's a good defensive OF and supposedly has a pretty good arm as well. However in time I can see them possibly moving the kid to 1st as he gets bigger

Brian Webstar
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Is this assessing the Yankee farm value chat??. Ru confused yankee fans? we aren't talking about Phillip Hughes and Ian Kennedy in this room. Them too like Fernando martinez won't be traded. So why even mention stuff that WON'T happen. Fernando been compared to Manny. Yeah he's going no where. but instead of spamming about deals that will never happen, like the Carlos Beltran for Matt Holliday or what pitcher the mets could get for Fernando Martinez why not chat about stuff that might acutally happen. Phillip hughes and Ian Kennedy will be great im sure but lets talk about relevant stuff that could take place this year.

Brian Webstar
07-08-2008, 12:59 PM
There have been talk within the Mets organization about moving the kid to first. The thing is he's a good defensive OF and supposedly has a pretty good arm as well. However in time I can see them possibly moving the kid to 1st as he gets bigger

Thank You there are more then just dreamers in here. I completley agree with you. You almost sound like the real Schmooze. haha.

METSFRONTOFFICE
07-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I've been looking over the major league rosters of teams who aren't in it and I really can't find to many teams who could give us fair value for the package you have mentioned.
Niese and Kuntz I would rather see stay however F-Mart and his fragile physic can be traded IMO..

Havoc Wreaker
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
What about you go away and never come back, you are ashaming rational Mets fans

LoL, Not to mention He might be Dyslexic...

Occordibg to Metsblog.com Before trading CC Sabathia go thé Brewers Indians GN Mark Shapario contacted Mets GM about trading Sabathia go thé Mets for a package that incmuded prospect Fernando Martinez either starting pitcher jon niese or eddie kunz and a lowlevel prospect
what would other teams give for this package

And he also spelled FARN

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Thank You there are more then just dreamers in here. I completley agree with you. You almost sound like the real Schmooze. haha.

haha " and its good to talk to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

welcome to the board. You'll find we have our share of homers and idiot posts, but for the most part we have some great posters on here.

cali72888
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
what do you think they mets would give up for a guy like randy wynn??
plays good defence and hits the ball well, a bit streaky at times but can help make a playoff push.
but dont forget his 8 million dollar salary next season.....

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
plays good defence and hits the ball well, a bit streaky at times but can help make a playoff push.

Honestly? probably a low level spect and a player to be named/cash

NYmets93
07-08-2008, 01:36 PM

winn is a solid player now but the mets need to get younger not older and who wants to pay him 8 mil

kyubi256
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Being #20 in the Top 20 ain't half bad when guys like Jay Bruce, Evan Longoria, Joba Chamberlain, etc. are there...

that's not bad at all for Fernando Martinez

GOODLUCKDONNIE
07-08-2008, 02:38 PM
as a mets fan thank god they didnt get that fat slug C.C.....lol he is good dont get me wrong but we need to KEEP f-mart and our prospects and build our farm back up

nyyfan4life
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I agree. Hughes is a guy I can see having some great potential, but Kennedy from what Ive seen he's a #4 or #5 at best. I also like the Kyle Lohse reference and can see that happening

Kennedy should never been rated as high as Joba or Hughes. Blame the media. They started referring them as the "Big 3" during the Johan talks. I specifically remember saying that Kennedy doesn't have the upside of projectability of either Hughes or Joba and the trio should be referred to as the "Big 2 and a half". Kennedy will never likely be a frontline starter. He was drafted to stabilize the back-end of the rotation and be an innings eater. In the mold of Phil Humber but w/o the injuries.

Also its not like Joba and Kennedy are the only prospects we had. Hughes doesn't count as a prospect. The Yanks have a lot more people down in the farm. The reason why you haven't seem them is that most of them are in A-ball or AA-ball and the Yankees don't generally want rush them.

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Kennedy should never been rated as high as Joba or Hughes. Blame the media. They started referring them as the "Big 3" during the Johan talks. I specifically remember saying that Kennedy doesn't have the upside of projectability of either Hughes or Joba and the trio should be referred to as the "Big 2 and a half". Kennedy will never likely be a frontline starter. He was drafted to stabilize the back-end of the rotation and be an innings eater. In the mold of Phil Humber but w/o the injuries.

Also its not like Joba and Kennedy are the only prospects we had. Hughes doesn't count as a prospect. The Yanks have a lot more people down in the farm. The reason why you haven't seem them is that most of them are in A-ball or AA-ball and the Yankees don't generally want rush them.

I'll give you that one on the media thing...I heard references to "Generation K" which Im sure you werent happy about. I still consider Hughes a "prospect" even though he has a few major league innings. I think he's going to be a great pitcher and look forward to seeing him get back on the field

It seems like the Yankees hold their prospects in the farm almost too long IMO. Like what ever happened to Jose Tabata? Also I'd rather see a good young arm get brought up rather than Dan Giese.

ShinobiNYC
07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I'll give you that one on the media thing...I heard references to "Generation K" which Im sure you werent happy about. I still consider Hughes a "prospect" even though he has a few major league innings. I think he's going to be a great pitcher and look forward to seeing him get back on the field

It seems like the Yankees hold their prospects in the farm almost too long IMO. Like what ever happened to Jose Tabata? Also I'd rather see a good young arm get brought up rather than Dan Giese.

Tabata is 19 and is injured with AA Trenton...sound familiar doesn't it? :p

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM

I've been hearing about this jamoke for like 3 years! I thought he was like 24 or 25.

...and yes, it does sound familiar!:p

Kenny
07-08-2008, 04:04 PM

Tabata is overmatched in double A

ShinobiNYC
07-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Not really, he started with a big slump. He is our 19 years old version of Cano. He is injured now and probably will miss the rest of the season...so

nyyfan4life
07-08-2008, 04:21 PM

Earlier in the year yes. He is hitting around .350 in his last 10 games. He needs to get his head straight though. Has been suspended like twice already for poor conduct. And now he's injured :(. Austin Jackson is a beast though. Right-handed version of Curtis Granderson.

Sick Of It All
07-08-2008, 06:39 PM
The mets farm system is not as horredous as the media makes it sound, what they lack is A prospects aside from F-Mart.

..But Niese is a solid prospect and a mid rotation type guy. For those of you who do not much about him he has a Zito like curve and touches 90-92 mph with his fastball.

Kunz may turn out to be a middle reliver or set up guy at best, not a closer. he is like a Braden Looper type. Big guy that gets a lot of grounders.

...anyways the Mets have a trio of guys tearing up double A in Carp, Evans and Murphy. They could be used as chips, but they wont net you much because even though they hit well, they are not rated high among scouts mostly because they are not tools guys and are guys with out a position imo.

In the low Minors they have some pitching talent and a couple of 16 year olds they signed last year who are killing their leagues at age 16 and 17 in Wilmer Flores and Jefry marte.

My only problem is that the media has made the Mets farm system sound horrible and thats not the case at all, just like when they said there was no way the Mets would get Santana because they had nobody and most likely they would have to deal Reyes for him. Is it stacked? Nope, but they do have some solid prospects.